Piscis

Hotel Piscis
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

More about Piscis

Disgusting, if you want food poisoning then stay at Hotel Piscis!

by TripAdvisor Member JordanFryer

The hotel is a disgrace. Food was appaling. My partner, myself and around 15 other people obtained food poisoning from the all inclusive food. The staff were unnapproachable. Its like chav city, i had my mobile phone stolen by another hotel guest and the staff would do nothing. There was no entertainment WHATSOEVER. 2 of the 7 nights we had a game of bingo, that was it. None of the staff can speak English well so we could not complain. Rooms are small with paper thin walls. The pool area is tiny and shaded so the water is always freezing. The balcony was so small that we couldnt ever fit a chair on it. It felt like we had paid almost £600 to stay in prison for a week.

The reviews are true!

by TripAdvisor Member redhotchili

We have just returned from a week at the Hotel Piscis and after reading the reviews i was expecting it to be bad!
The hotel is clean and the rooms are ok sized, but lack essentials such as a fridge. We were unlucky enough to have a room on the 1st floor directly above the bar area, above the outdoor smoking area, and opposite the English and Irish Bars. As non smokers this wasn't ideal as we were unable to leave things out to dry or sit on the balcony, and with music going on till gone 1am it was a good thing we had ear plugs!
The food served in the restaurant is ok but there isn't a wide choice, so it was a good thing we were only there for a week.
The pool area is small and with no other area for kids to play, be prepared to get wet even if you don't want to.
We would definately return to Mallorca, however we saw other resorts nicer than Alcudia and hotels of a much higher standard than the Piscis, including that of the Hotel Alcudia next door.

would not recommend

by TripAdvisor Member sammyj07

Stayed in Hotel Piscis for 2 weeks and was ready to come home after 1 week. Me and my partner and our 10 year old daughter were not overly impressed with the food, which seemed to be pork, pork and more pork, they also catered a lot for the germans even though there seemed to be a lot of english people staying there too. The day entertainment was non-existent and the nighttime wasn't much better, the childrens disco consisted of about 4 songs and that was it, the bingo was 1 single game, im sure you catch my drift, considering this is peak season all inclusive its quite appalling, we were struggling to keep our daughter entertained and had no choice but to go out most nights and spend lots of money. The reception staff weren't very friendly and constantly seemed to be having a bad day. The rooms were ok and were fully air conditioned, but the walls were so thin it was really noisy at nights when people came home at 2.am singing and shouting, which is not ideal when you have kids asleep. On a good note though the actual place is really picturesque and the beach is just a 2 minute walk. The hotel pool was quite small, but my daughter had no complaints and spent most of the holiday in it, and was very happy. I enjoyed the holiday overall as we didnt spend that much time at the hotel in the nights and had to eat out quite a bit due to the poor food choices, but I wouldnt recommend going to this hotel, and wont be going there again.

a holiday is what you make it

by TripAdvisor Member bexDerby

My husband,myself and two girls age 8 and 3 decided to go back to alcudia because we loved the place the first time w went.we thought we would go all inclusive so we didnt have to worry about anything.
On entering the hotel piscis we thought it looked very classy.the receptionist was very helpfull.
there are two very small lifts for the whole hotel. we entered our room which had four single beds crammed in.we had air con which was great and the bathroom was a good size.
the rooms are cleaned every day and towels changed every other day.Our balcony consisted of a table and two chairs.it was tiny.
the meals were hit and miss. the breakfast wasent too bad. A choice of cereal, toast, bacon egss fried, boiled or scrambeled, and beans.lunch and dinner was a problem.I hardly ate anything. my children ate fruit and bread most days. you could get sandwhiches from the bar between meal times.they were edable but nothing to be desired.
we ate out a few times because we needed to eat.
The bar staff were very friendly and always had a smile for you.
the entertainment was very poor.
the pool was in the shade until dinner.You had to get up very early to even get a sunbed.the pool area was very small for the amount of guests the hotel could accommidate.
the beach was very nice.Plenty of shops and bars to keep you occupied. A little fair on the port for the children.
We had a couple of meals at the smuggler which is a british bar just at the side of the hotel.We got all the kids favorite sweets and crisps from the british shop just around the corner. Its called little britain. All in all we had a good holiday.Mainly the food let us down.

Very pleasantly surprised

by TripAdvisor Member KELSEY101

This was our first ever visit to any part of Spain,and I didnt read any reviews until after I'd booked.With hindsight I'm glad as I probably would have chosen a different hotel.
The location of the Piscis Hotel is fab-the bus stop is just arround the corner,and it's not in main Alcudia,which seemed a bit Blakpoolish.We asked staff at the reception for any information we needed,also booked trips through them,The staff do not treat the brits any differently to the germans-if you are polite they will be.
We arrived just before midnite on friday 7th September07 for one week,The male receptionist was more than helpfull,he told us the bar was open until 01.00 and snacks were available,
The adult pool is rather small and the sunloungers are close together,but the beach is just round the corner and it is lovely,there are lots of bars and restaurants all around the marina,(Try the chinese buffet-on the marina past the opticians)the food comes round on a conveyor belt beside your table,it was lovely,so were the staff-we went twice-its 8 euros for lunch and8.80 euros for the evening meal
The restaurant at the Piscis does get quite busy,but the meals are very nice,with several choices and piping hot-speaking as a non-meat eater,I found the restaurant far better than where we stayed in Tunisia.There was full breafast+all the usuals,Lunch was very nice,always fresh salad,fish choices etc.
We only had one evening meal at the hotel,but had a drink in the bar first,then also on our return(we had already decided to do this as there was just the two of us)
The bar staff are fun-nothing was too much trouble,there were rarely queues,we put some change in their tips box each day,they work very long and hard and deserved it.
The walls of the rooms are thin,but we got used to it.
Late check out rooms are not available,but there is a case storage room and a very large double shower room(reception have the key)We had a late flight back to stansted,so made use of these facilities,and it was fine.
We would have liked to stay longer,and are planning a week there next summer as there is so much more we want to see.
Go,enjoy and make your own mind up!

never again!

by TripAdvisor Member rhyshywel

Just returned from Alcudia, hotel is in a good location near the harbour and beach but we could not wait to return home!

1; walls so thin that you hear everything in nearby rooms
2; pool area is small and in shade alot of the day
3; over 30 cases of sickness , our two sons spent most of the holiday in the room.
4; if you like pork , this hotel is for you.(every meal)
5; if you like rude germans this hotel is for you.

If you are going to alcudia we would suggest the condes de alcudia nearby, we stayed there last time--no problems!

Great choice of food here

by TripAdvisor Member daidogs

Stayed with my wife, and 2 kids aged 13 and 15.
Bit of a squeeze in the room which is basically a normal hotel twin size with an extra bunk bed for the 2 kids. Room though was clean, good deco. Nice balcony and superb air conditioning.
Great choice of food at buffet style meals. Fish available most days. We stayed all inclusive so kids soft drinks, ice slushies, ice cream, crisps, cake all readily available.
Hotel is in a great location for the nightlife of the port and only 3 minutes walk to the fantastic beach.
We enjoyed our stay

clean

by TripAdvisor Member fernandoCo_Durham

Very clean no daytime entertainment very little on night. Caters for the german pallete and all drinks are in flimsy plastic glasses. Pool to small for the ammount of guests in hotel and staff not very child friendly,The best thing about holiday was the irish bar opposite hotel The Shamrock

No Way is this 3*

by TripAdvisor Member StaffordshireMale

My wife and I were unfortunate to stay at this hotel. The front of the hotel faces a busy main road with constant traffic. There is a speed hump and crossing point directly outside and the noise is constantly high. This is punctuated by the arrival and departure of coaches at all time of the day & night and as the loading bay is adjacent to the reception early morning deliveries only compounded the problem. When we requested a room change the Reception staff were most unhelpful and indeed the senior receptionist was rude with a couldn't care less attitude. Despite several requests to see the manager we never got to speak to him. There was virtually no entertainment, during our 10 night stay there was a magician one night, Spanish dancers another and a reptile display that was the sum total of entertainment. There was No entertainment during the day. It was particularly difficult for those with children as there was nothing for them. The food was nothing exceptional and indeed did Not cater for English tastes.
The young male bar staff appeared to be more interested in chatting up the Young women than to serve customers.
Several guests requested moves from the hotel but were met with the same attitude that we encountered.
The swimming pool has limited sun exposure and the area is so small that the sun beds are in places less than 2ft away from the pool edge and people have to walk with In that small space to pass.
All in all very disappointing and defiantly not 3 Star rated. I would give this hotel a miss if I were you.

Great for a bad stomach!!!!!!!!!!!!!and no holiday!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member BENIDORMLOVER

Stayed a week at this hotel HB.

The buffet breakfast and evening meal was awful-little choice- and food that you could not make a sensible mealfrom.

I ate 3 days in the hotel and was ill with severe food poisoning the last four days!!!

I put this down to the hotel food.

The resort of alcudia is borning for yound adults-little to do and limited nightlife.

The hotel room was ok- nothin special.

I would never stay in this hotel again.. one of the worst ever life exeperiences I have ever had.I was ill with salmonella food poisoning three weeks after I returned.

Do not stay here!!!