Protur Alicia Hotel

Costs 79% less and rated 16% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Protur Alicia Hotel

Terrific, Alicia Hotel In Cala Bona Majorca

by TripAdvisor Member OGWEN

Went back to the Alicia Hotel in March of this year, had been twice last year once in March and once in August, must admit the Hotel was as good as ever only a few complaints, which I must admit we did not have last year, the main one was that Kristina was missing what on earth was the Hotel thinking of in letting her go, she was the highlight of the holiday, she kept the whole place going, Mathew was absolutley hopeless, and did not even try to keep the guests entertained, whereas Kristina would coax you into joining in with the games etc Mathew could not care less whether you joined in or not, The entertainment was not a patch on what it was last year, the shows were not up to the standard, and also the quizzes were atrocious, at least Kristina used to make them enjoyable with a laugh etc, in fact the evenings were quite boring, The restuarant was not run under the new Manager as well as the one last year, it seemed to be a complete shambles on some nights, and the New Al A Carte restuarant seemed to be a complete white elephant, what I would suggest is that you bring back Kristina as soon as possible as while we were there people who had been coming for many years all said they would not return until she was back.

Wonderful Place!

by TripAdvisor Member Helen2006

I travelled to the Hotel Alicia in Cala Bona in July 2006. It was a late deal holiday, so I did not know I was staying there until I arrived.

I am so glad I did stay there! i had a wonderful time and hope to go back in October 2006.

What can I say? The hotel was a good size with wonderfully sized rooms (ours had a sea view which we found after waking to the lapping of the sea!) Our bathroom was immaculate and the balcony great.

The food was wonderful. It had a huge selection of foods ranging from cold buffet style salads to home cooked favourites.

The staff were, on the whole, very very nice. Special thanks go to the cook (a little but very friendly man!) and the restaurant staff who were always smiley and friendly. Also, Fernando and the bar staff team - always ready to take your order with a smile and a joke.

A very special thanks go to Jemma - the entertainer. The lass did fantastic jon in entertaining all of us - from kids to adults. With activities ranging from water polo to darts (which I am still miffed at not winning! and where's my Proty doll?!) and even a trip to Son Servera market which I and a few others took alongside Jemma and Tatiana one beautiful Friday morning. We all waked up some of the most beautiful hills and saw some stunning scenery on the way to the market. Jemma also oversaw the bingo every night and it was a lot of fun singing along to the bingo calls Viva Espana! She also performed a stunning rendition of Moulin Rouge alongside Dannika and Matt! Well done Jem and the team you were great!

The rest of the entertainment was great too - singing duos, a Madonna tribute act, Xerox a comedic swipe act and more.

I would like to thank the staff at the Hotel for making my holiday so much fun and for giving me great memories and I cannot wait to go back.

Get yourself to the Hotel Alicia!

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member jolly1

We went to the Hotel Alicia in April, there were nine of us, Age range 15 to 78! We had a brilliant time! Matt the entertainment manager kept us busy, water aerobics in the morning, rifle shooting in the afternoon or French boules. We even won a medal or two!
The hotel is spotlessly clean, the rooms a very good size and ours had a fantastic sea view. The food was plentiful and of a good standard all the time, the choice was unlimited.
The pool was cold at Easter as one would expect but it was a lovely pool and the sunbathing terraces are great. We came home with a very good tan!
The resort itself is under going a facelift and the harbour is lovely. A half hour stroll taking in the many shops brings you to Cala Millor and the promenade is perfect for an evening stroll. The beach is cleaned and sifted every day and a nice sandy beach. The hotel had Internet facilities, and good entertainment. The Elvis impersonator was a brilliant all round entertainer and had us in stitches. The only blip was the magic show that really didnt hold our attention! But it didn't ruin our brilliant holiday!

Love Alicia

by TripAdvisor Member juliefaz

Just back from a weeks stay at The Alicia.
Food was great and the staff really friendly. Paid a little extra for a sea view which was well worth it.
Cala Bona starts quietening down at around 10.30pm which suits us.
Buses are quite frequent too with travel cheap around the island.

top marks all round

this was my first time at the alicia and will not be my last.the staff where friendly the food was exellent.and the hotel was clean .add to this good entertainment and a fine resort.roll on next may so i can sample all this again

three year absent

Just returned from The Alicia, after a three year gap due to personal problems. Two of us went: no male chaperones, I treated a young lady relative. The hotel was just the same as I had experienced on previous holidays. When we arrived I was straight at ease and felt comfortable in the hotel surroundings.

Would still prefer to be seated at one table for the duration of the holiday as it used to be, sometimes you felt as though you were in a department store restaurant looking for a table and this took some of the pleasure out of going down for our meals , although the food is still very good so you shouldn't go hungry and all the staff are very friendly, another difference was when we first went down to eat no one asked for our room number like they used to.

Also due to not realising it was school holidays when we booked (our fault entirely) the hotel was a lot rowdier than we had experienced it on previous stays. I agree with other reviews regarding the entertainment the dutch lady Christina was great. although Ricky and his girl friend worked hard in the day with games and with the children, you don,t expect them to be the nights entertainment as well. My last comment is two nights before we came home we were woken by some people above us on the fifth floor at 12.45 am shouting and laughing and what sounded like furniture removing, we stood it for a while and then got reception to deal with them and they did ,we didn't hear any more noise. As someone said in a previous review after 12.00 o'clock everything is quiet, and it usually is.

Even though things were a little different this time than on my last visit to the Alicia, overall I still give the Hotel the thumbs up and will definately be staying there in the future

Absolutely Fabulous

We returned to the Alicia in May for the third time and already booked our holiday there for next year. Different management but still the same high standard. Nice big room, food excellent and varied(as always) staff friendly, bar staff incredibly friendly and can't do enough for you. Juan, manager of the dining room, is a very nice man and works hard to keep us all happy, he deserves a pat on the back. The sweet little Chief is lovely who never seems to forget us each ti me we go. We met up with friends who return many times and with our little group of 8 people we had the best holiday we have had for many years. The hotel's cleanliness is spot-on.
There is a new Entertainment's Team. Rikki is superb, his previous experience on cruise ships etc. really shows. He never leaves anyone out. Both before and after the evening entertainment he asks people for their opinion and is very concerned they are having a good time (and we did). Jemma, sweet Jemma. She is the children's entertainer (Mavis) and she does an absolute Jem (pardon the pun) of a job with the young children. She is mad, scatty, friendly, and the children love her, so full of energy and makes sure all the childen are safe.
Being disabled, this hotel has everything you could want and more. The staff help out with any problems I may have whether in the dining room, or outside in the public areas. Well done again Aliciai. Gold Star Service.

brilliant alicia

first time at alicia will be going back as soon as posiable .went with my wife and our friends best hotel the four of us have been in for many a year. rooms food staff all five star in our opion.

Excellent Alicia

by TripAdvisor Member AM7

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Alicia. We booked the hotel based on the excellent reviews by others. We were not dissapointed, the hotel is in a superb location right on the beach in Cala Bona, our room had a splendid view out to sea which was reaaly nice to wake up to each morning. Hotel was spotlessly clean, food was excellent with a varied choice each day. Our return flight was delayed by 8 hours and we were taken to a 4* hotel near the airport for a meal. The food was very poor compared with the Alicia although the Alicia is only a 3* hotel - can't quite work out why, in our view this hotel is comparable to many other 4* hotels we have stayed in. Would recommend a stay at the Alicia.

Comments