3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Hotelsclick.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Capricho

This is a not (so) famous work...

by a005116

This is a not (so) famous work from the well known Spanish architect Antonio Gaudi. The 'sunflower' house El Capricho in the town of Comillias is now a 'chique' restaurant. When you are in the neighboorhood you deffinately must have seen this. It's amazing!

Comillas. I wouldn't say it's...

by iandsmith

Comillas. I wouldn't say it's a must see, more a worthwhile place if you're in the area. I rocked up to Comillas on a rainy day to see the restaurant designed by Gaudi - El Capricho. En route I passed an attractive gateway which I photographed. Where did it lead? I knew not but in typical Aussie 'give it a go' style I drove through the entrance and up a lovely driveway to be confronted by a substantial building with fabulous doors. It was the Universidad Pontifica. It was designed by Joan Martorell from plans by Domenech i Montaner (see also Paulau de la Musica). Do have a look. Later on we located the architecturally outstanding restaurant and discovered it was a 'if you have to ask the price you can't afford it' type establishment so we dined at a pub in one of the attractive local squares.

Santander to Monastery de Valdedios

by goverita

"San Sebastian"

More of the deserted beaches near Santander

"Santillana Del Mar"

Romanic Temple from the 12 century

"Capricho de Gaudi"

The town of Comillas is filled with historical sites. Having arrived here exhausted from walking 25 km this day, took a quick shower and toured the city to see all the sites.

"More of Comillas"

here is the palace of Sobrellana de Comilllas

"Quinta de Guadalupe"

This day I walked 49 kilometers ... without intending too. I arrived at the Quinta Guadalupe and still felt like walking - not knowing the nearest accomodations were 25 kilometers away! i arrived at Llanes at 8 pm, tired, sunburnt but overall, content.

"Beaches of Buelna"

Didn't see a single soul for the rest of the day ... 24 km of walking in solitude - came across this beautiful spot

"Sampling the local Sidra with Carmelo and Maria"

I was fortunate enough to meet this couple from Italy - they shared their hotel room with me! we had a great dinner together and drank Sidra til the wee hours of the night.

"Monastery de Valdedios"

Took a 5 km detour to see this ancient Monastery.

The Fascinating Spain

by dorinica_2002

"Madrid ? Amazing !!"

If someone wants to ask me about Madrid , the only word I can say it is this : " AMAZING " !! I can confess you that all I saw in Madrid was so ! Begining with one of the the doors of Madrid , Atocha untill the Capricho Park , situated in the other part of this wonderful city !
Even I was very confused in the first days , because i didnt know the spanish language and really I didnt know what I am eating , finaly it was good , because I did trust in my taste and in the spanish amability .
But , refering to the language and communication it is very sad that in the museums for example , the workers dont know english or french language .
I was , finnaly HAPPY , and I went out of Madrid crying , because I was sorry to leave it ! I will return back , if it will be , with a huge pleasure , because in seven days really I couldnt see all !! Joking !
In my mind , the impression about Spain it is that the Spaniards are a very hardworking people ; merry and happy ; kind and nice ; amazing country , amazing people !!

"CUENCA , where it is impossible to be unhappy"

If you are in Spain , it is inadmissible to not see Cuenca and Ciudad Encantada , two places where you will feel so special and you will never forget them !! Cuenca with his old perfume , with his narrow streets and YES !! with his hanging houses . And if you will go 50 km far and see Ciudad Encantada your happiness will be complete !

"Bullfights to Plaza de Toros"

A great experience who has to be lived in Spain is a bullfight ! not only for what is happening in the arena but for what is happening in the stands . The audience , the spectators are by themselves a spectacle .The people dictates what is happening in the arena .
In Plaza de Toros I saw only happy people , it deserves to see something like this !

Comments