Calle Castellets 72, Cala Ratjada, 07590, Spain
Expedia.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Prinsotel La Pineda

Barcelona and down the coast

by JREllison

"Big new Wonderful World"

Tons of stuff to see and do in Barcelona! Loved Gaudi! Loved the Rambla!

"La Pineda"

La Pineda, Salou, and Cape Salou all run into each other creating one city, with Port adventure thrown in for good measure. Stayed in La Pineda but traveled freely via bus between all the other areas.

"Tarragona"

Tarragona became out favorite place to hang out in. Its small enough that it is still easy to get around in but has many of the attractions of a bigger city. Has itw own Rambla, Roman Ruins, and Historical Spanish sites. Bus and trains are easy to use.

Costa Dorada

by holidayguy

"La Pineda/Salou"

I first took my family to La Pineda in Aug '97; me, my wife, 16yr old son and 3 daughters, 14, 12, and 2yrs old respectively. We have returned twice since, which tells you that we rate it highly as a family resort. The main resort town is Salou, a lively seafront town with a clean, safe beach, hundreds of eating places and pubs, a funfair and great shopping. It is open and busy until the wee small hours and has a frequent bus service and plenty of taxis. La Pineda is a 5 min. taxi ride away. It also has an excellent beach and plenty of shopping and eating facilities but is much more laid-back, which I prefer, but "you pays your money, you takes your choice", both are great spots. There are numerous trips and activities to be had, and a 1 hour train trip (£5 return) from Salou takes you to Barcelona, a city not to be missed! Over all three years we have been there, the weather (in Aug) has always been superb. Perhaps I look on it with rose-coloured glasses because it was our first ever overseas family holiday, but nowhere I've been since has quite matched it in my eyes. We have recommended it other family members and they have all loved it.One of my daughters who is now of an age to travel independently has already booked for next year! What more can I say? If anyone does go, be sure to try the "pollo a Las".

Gemi_7's New Travelogue on Spain

by Gemi_7

"My trip to Spain"

Here's a list of my visits in Spain:
4 AUGUST
We(I with my father) came to our hotel in La Pineda.

5 AUGUST
We went to Salou.

6 AUSUST
We rented a car (Ford Ka) for a week and went to Reus, Barcelona.

7 AUGUST
We went to Andorra and bought a lot of things there. Then across the mountains we reached France.

8 AUGUST
We went to Perpegnan. It is a very beautiful town. I like it more then other. Then we reached Figeras. There we visited Dali's museum. Then we returned to our hotel.

9 AUGUST
We went to Reus ( It is the best town for shopping). Then we went to Barcelona . We were walking along the Rambla.

10 August
We were in Barcelona all day.
We visited :

Poble Espanyol
Teleferic de Montjuic
Port Vell (Aquarium)
Sagrada Familia
Park Guell
Night Fountains
11 AUGUST
We went to Tarragona ,Sitges, Reus and all Costa Dorado.

12 AUGUST
We visited Cambrils, Leida, Montblank.

13 AUGUST
It was one of the best days. We sailed on yacht.

14 AUGUST
We drived Jeep Safary. We visited a lot of villages and saw a lot of picturesque places.

15 AUGUST
We went to aquapark.

16 AUGUST
We went to Spanish holiday ( with spanish bulls)
17 August
We went to Port Aventura.

18 August
We leaved for Moscow and then we went to St-Petersburg.

This is La Rambla, Barcelona.
It is a real man.
You should see this.

This is Barcelona by night.
This is a beautiful fountain with music.

"Spanish bull"

"Port Aventura"

Images of Catalunya

by Marte

" TARRAGONA "

" PORT AVENTURA "

Port Aventura, 7 km west of Tarragona, is Spain's biggest funfair-adventure park.

Port Aventura is open from 10am to 8 pm, until 10 pm at the weekend and until midnight from around mid-june to mid-september.

Trains run to Port Aventura's own station several times a day from Tarragona, Salou and Barcelona. From the station it is about a 1 km walk to the park.

" SALOU "

There are a lot of small, beautiful and hidden beaches in between Salou and La Pineda. Good places to enjoy the sun and sea away from the crowd.

" ON THE MONESTRY ROUTE "

The Village of Siurana

Siurana is a village inhabited by just one family.
It is a good place for hikers and rock climbers.

Siurana has a hotel and a camp site.

The best way to get to Siurana is by own transport. Public transport (from Tarragona and Reus) only get you as far as Cornudella de Montsant. From here it is another 9 km to the village.

Monestry of Santa Maria in Poblet

gordon's bar in la pineda

by welshlegend

Hi can anyone tell me if GORDON'S bar is still in LA PINEDA please? It was a great english bar that sold any english dish and english beers i am going back to salou next year and if it is there i would appreciate it if anyone can tell me so i can go to LA PINEDA and have a meal and some beers there to just see what its like now as i last went there 10 years ago (1996) many thanks ryan

RE: gordon's bar in la pineda

by le_bod

It's still there, even after last weeks floods. La Pineda has changed so much though, even in the last 6 years, quite a few new hotels. Still a lively wee resort, fantastic beach and a decent bus service (unless you want to go to Vila Seca). For a nice beer and a spanish session of 'people watching' stop in at Pan-Tastic, on the corner where Gordons is. Take an outside table and watch all nationalities go by.

Enjoy your visit.

PS The catalunyan F1 Grand Prix is in May if you are interested.

RE: gordon's bar in la pineda

by patje07

Hi Ryan,

I can confirm you that the Gordon's bar still is in La pineda. I have been there in July. Graig is running the bar now but Gordon is still there.
Greetings,

Patrick

gordons bar in la pineda

by welshlegend

Hi can anyone tell me if gordons bar is still in la pineda if so can they remind me where about it is all i can remember is going passed the market,i think (i was coming from the cye marina hotel) and turning right and gordons was on the right hand side, is this correct as im going back to salou next year (i was there in 1996 by the way) and would like to go back as it was a lovely place with lovely food, many thanks welshwonder

RE: RE: gordons bar in la pineda

by welshlegend

Hi thanks for the reply, do you know what is there instead of gordon's? Is there any other good family bars you know of in la pineda or salou that you can recommend many thanks for your time welshwonder

english resturant in la pineda

by welshlegend

Hi me again lol. I stayed in la pineda (cye marina hotel) in 1996 and i found a resturant around that area that was english based.It was about 5 minutes walk from the hotel in the direction of salou town centre.It sold all english food and beer and showed the grand prix motor racing live also it sold sunday roast dinners (beef chicken lamb etc etc) I think the resturant was called henry's but cant be to sure can anyone tell me if this is the correct name if not does anyone know this resturant and what the name is and is it still open? many thanks ryan

Comments