Hotel Picafort Park

Avenida Son Baulo 2, Ca'n Picafort, 07458, Spain

More about Hotel Picafort Park

a surprise

by TripAdvisor Member mcclellandjoe

we have just returned from a great break at the hotel picafort park. As regular travellers we are well used to this resort and it is a great place to stay if you like a relaxing holiday with no noisy distractions etc.

The hotel was clean and well maintained, the pool was a little cold but what can you do at this time of year(may) the weather was nice but a bit chilly in the evenings

we usually take a couple of sightseeing days out organised by the rep but this time we found the prices to be very expensive and a lot more than previous years. Thankfully we found the hotel reception work with a company who offer cheaper options and we found them reliable and friendly. we especially enjoyed the tour of the island with the wooden train.

we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially people looking for a quiet stay

A great girls holiday - with my Mum!

by TripAdvisor Member R0seF

My Mum and I stayed at the Picafort Park for one week and we had a really lovely time. We left the menfolk and went together - ideal hotel for two ladies on their own (althoug I was the youngest there!!).
We were made to feel very welcome, the food was great and the poolside was quiet and relaxing. We did not feel like we had to join in with the games but it kept us entertained watching everyone else.
We also enjoyed the nightime entertainment and our room was spotless and again very quiet.
I found the hotel to be very good value for money - so much so that my partner and I are returning in August for a two week holiday - can't say more than that!!!

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member trudgey2

Just returned from a weeks holiday at Picafort Park . The hotel is very clean and staff very friendly, the reps are a real laugh, Tony & Becky did a good job & always laughing when thinks dint go to plan!!!!! Becky is Welsh & has a lovely voice & Tony ( Paul O`Grady) is very good also.The pool was a little on the cool side although it was refreshing to take a dip when the sun was hot. We had a few day rain so not much to do on wet days but hired a car for a couple of days. The food was VERY good, so much to choose from everyday. The beach was a disapointment though as it was full of seaweed, they were taking it off by the lorry load, but thats not the hotels fault. I could recommend this hotel to couples (50 +) for a quite holiday away from it all.

Peaceful, relaxing break, excellent food

by TripAdvisor Member NewcastleEddie

We enjoy the Thomson Gold concept and have previously stayed at three such hotels. Even though the weather for the week was appalling we still enjoyed this hotel. The Picafort Park is a 15 minute walk to the resort centre, there are good bus services and bus stop is 100 yards from hotel. The rooms are recently been refurbished and are very nice. We paid the small supplement for a top floor double bedroom which was well worth it - only complaint was the shower - water flow could have been more forceful. Ask for a garden view room as most other rooms face road. The food here was the best I have experienced at any hotel I have visited - excellent choice and quality. Recommend this hotel for a quiet break - not a great deal in C`an Picafort so one week long enough. Even though I much prefer that to its busy and loud neighbour, Alcudia!

Eddie and Jo

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member christinaandralph

Have just returned from this hotel. Absolutely excellent. About half an hours walk outside the town which makes the surroundings much more peaceful. The staff could not have been more helpful - nothing was a bother to them. Reception were outstanding and all spoke very good English. One of the receptionist was from Scotland which helped enormously. The only down side was that the breakfast could have had some healthy optiolns. We shall certainly be returning to this hotel

Never again

by TripAdvisor Member GildaRugby

If this is a Gold hotel I would hate to see a Thomson Silver (if there is such a rating) The room was very basic and over-looked the small garden. Unfortunately it backed on to several large guest houses(thier balconies overlooked ours) and the noise from screaming children and crying babies prevented us from using the terrace we had. The hotel may have a NO children policy but it certainly didn't feel that way. The dining arrangements were the worst I have ever encountered. The food was bland and barely warm. Breakfast was a nightmare, cold rubber eggs and tasteless bits of cheap bacon. Trying to eat an evening meal was a joke. The staff cleaned tables all around you while you were trying to eat and the noise was disgraceful. They talked loudly and shouted instructions to each other and then dead on 10.o'clock they would all come marching out of the kitchen to help themselves to the food. We ate most of our meals outside of the hotel even though we were half board. The reps were never at their post and trying to get hold of one was rediculous. We went back five times one day trying to get some help but she was always away doing something else. We left messages but were never got back to. Apart from the Scotish receptionist the rest of the hotel staff were indifferent and in some cases down right rude. I have travelled all over the world and I can honestly say that this was the worst value for money hotel I have ever stayed at and I would never reconmend this hotel to anyone for anything.

Enjoyed every minute!

by TripAdvisor Member BillyBoy007

The location of the hotel was quiet and suited to couples who liked the idea of getting away from hordes of children! The food and restaurant was first class, very helpful staff who did a very difficult job very well indeed. Fellow guests were friendly - in particular the lovely family we met from Shropshire!! The reps involvement generally was good even on days when the weather was monsoon standard! Perhaps they might invent various programmes and strategies to encompass long bouts of inclement weather! The water sports were great fun! The water volleyball team of which I'm extremely proud was unbeaten at the time of my departure!! Seriously, being part of that gave me the opportunity to meet and talk to some very interesting people with lots of stories to tell. The games were enjoyable and varied, even the 'general knowledge' tests catered for people of all IQ levels !! The facilities and rooms were of a very good standard, comfortable and clean.
We had a brilliant stay and would thoroughly recommend the hotel to anyone!! Well done!! MUY BIEN!!

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member shirreffs

My wife and i spent a lovely fortnight at this Hotel .Everything was first rate foodwise and accomodation .The staff very friendly . My wife and myself are returning for three weeks this year .
H. Shirreffs Aberdeen .

excellent hotel and staff

by TripAdvisor Member Iluvmajorca

Disregard Mattp31's review, he has obviously never stayed at Picafort Parc. My wife and I have stayed there 3 times so far (aug 2002, june 2004 and may 2008) and will probably return.
I agree the entertainment is not that good, but I've never been to an hotel where it is. Hotel entertainment is designed for the infirm and those with no imagination of their own.
The food has been fantastic everytime we've been and breakfast is most definitely not left out overnight.
Also I have never seen the ants that the hotel is supposed to be infested with.
If you want to relax by a great pool which is also never too busy (on a sun bed that doesn't hit you on the head and that you don't have to get up at 5am to put your towel onit), and enjoy great food
and excellent service from long serving staff, then Picafort parc is good value for money. Town centre is 15 mins walk away, or a very cheap taxi ride, Son balou beach is about 300m. Hire a car and the whole island is within easy reach and theres plenty of parking spaces around the hotel.
In short, come to relax and return home refreshed, or book some 18-30 holiday elsewhere.

Average experience; heavy rain did not help!

by TripAdvisor Member Mike7846

Having returned this week from a 7-day stay via a Thomson Gold 4T package, we felt it did not live up to its write-up, either here on tripadvisor or in the brochure. Just about a 3 star we felt.

Due to solid rain for 4 consecutive days, we were perhaps more aware than usual of the hotel itself. The Thomson staff were numerous but not too effective. Honourable exception Tony from Liverpool! Always a laugh.

Entertainment was limited and food fair for breakfast, whilst the evening meals were good but repetitive. Coffee bought from the bar was not really drinkable due to sour milk; another couple confirmed our experience on this a day later and demanded a refund.

Air conditioning was unavailable in our week up to 15 May, there were no soap or toiletries in the room except a wash gel dispenser and the access to our second floor room was by way of an external staircase only. The safe was 18 euros plus 5 euro returnable deposit for the week. The rooms have no hotel information pack; for that you go to the reception.

This hotel is not too bad but we do not expect to return.

Comments