Apartamentos Princesa Playa

Hotel Apartamentos Princesa Playa
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

Costs 89% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Apartamentos Princesa Playa

A big thankyou to trip advisor reviewers

by TripAdvisor Member DADDA

Have just returned to the UK after a week spent in an apartment at Princesa Playa, Cala' N Bosch. This was my 18 month old boy's first holiday in the sun and so a new experience for him, my wife and I. Wanted to try and get it right and I had done a fair bit of internet research before booking the holiday, basing much of my decision to go to this hotel on the back of other reviews on this website. Have to say the Princesa Playa is an excellent hotel overall - fantastic pool area divided into shallow pool for children and deeper area set well away for adults with a separate deeper pool and jacuzzi. Hotel well laid out, beautifully maintained grounds and all communal areas clean and well cared for. We stayed in an apartment but also enjoyed half board at extra cost in the hotel restaurant. Food much better than I had assumed it would be with great variety - grilled meats and fish cooked infront of the diners, pastas pizzas, salads, fruits etc - fantastic. Tip to anyone considering going half board - cheaper to pay for at the hotel rather than by pre-booking (Pre-booking £14 per adult for half board each day, at hotel 18 euros per day and if paying for six days get the seventh day free.) Staff always helpful and friendly and always had a smile. Hotel in excellent spot only about 4 minutes walk from San Xorigeur beach. Surrounding area very clean and tidy and not on a main road and only a fifteen minute stroll to the marina and its bars and countless restaurants. When reading previous reviews about this hotel I questioned whether people actually do as they claim and return to this hotel year after year but having been there and experienced it for myself I can understand why this hotel draws families back time and time again. We may just be one of those families next year!

Lovely resort but would try another hotel next time...

by TripAdvisor Member holidaypicker

I booked this hotel after reading reviews on here and it was relatively cheap. The grounds, pool, bar etc are great however the rooms are very small and dated. The shower dribbled until my husband removed all the dirt blocking it! I have also seen better cots it was a metal one so not the best but it didn't bother my son.

We had to complain after 3 days as our room hadn't been cleaned and we only had 2 towels for 4 people, the room got cleaned every day after that but still no more towels..

We went self catering so never ate in the hotel as we like to eat out and Cala n bosch is a lovely resort and every restaurant we ate in was lovely. We did have lunch at the pool bar and that was nice and the waiters were fantastic even with my sons dairy allergy.

We used the cosmos creche again this was great although the times were rather restrictive, my son (whos nearly 2) loved it and brought us lots of paintings.

The walk to the centre was fine 10 mins and a nice walk, we will return to Cala n Bosch but next time we will pay more and try one of the Grupotels

The Princesa Playa is great for what you pay though

A real disappoinment

by TripAdvisor Member Thefixer

We arrived at the Princesa Playa situated out in the sticks in Son Xoriguer which is a good twenty / twenty five minute walk from nearby Cala'n Bosch a larger resort. This hotel is the last hotel on the road and is out of the way from the resort mentioned which incidently is well worth a visit. We were situated in the front of the hotel there are only two levels (people with a disability note no lift) access via a steep walkway, traffic noise during our stay was very much evident. Reception staff were fine and check in was smooth. Room was small, no kettle and contained a fridge which was not working properly a portable TV transmitted a sports channel and BBC1 plus a couple on kids channels we had problems with a sink tap, rust marks in bath and loo? clean but the rooms do need refurbishing. Restaurant staff were all friendly and eager to please. On our first night we had a look at the entertainment poster a female singer was due on stage at 10pm so we decided to take a trip over to Cala'n Bosch for a couple of hours after our cold/warm evening meal, one of us drove so we did not drink we agreed to have a few drinks back at the hotel later that evening. We sat in the La Fontana Bar in Cala'n Bosch one word brilliant, you must visit and enjoyed the live entertainment by a duo who play in the square seven nights a week. At 9.45pm we made our way back to the hotel and noticed that the large sign promoting that evenings entertainment had disappeared got a couple of drinks and sat in the main bar, at 10.20pm no sign of the female singer I asked the barman he said cancelled as she has a sore throat, certainly not contracted as a result of singing if this was the norm. Minutes later bingo was being organised by two barman who bless them were forced onto the stage and were clueless so that was our first night and sadly it did not get any better.After a few days I managed to find the Cosmos rep and had a chat with him reps must of been hiding out with Lord Lucan because it was the first opportunity after the third or fourth day that that the issue of cold/warm not hot food on cold plates was able to be raised. I had already spoke to the Maitre d? who advised me quite cheekily cold food no problem we have a microwave behind the grill? Cold/Warm Food in a 4star hotel and the response was microwave it, I don't think so. The evening the complaint would of gone in had improved, hot plates however veg over in the bain marie section was just warm. The next day was the Maitre D's day off and the meals once again were cold/warm and not hot I reported it again still the same and wrote to the manager who did not have the good manners to respond in fact I asked him to reply using my email address which I provided that was almost two weeks ago still No Response so in a nut shell helpful friendly staff however this is not a 4star hotel, will not be returning to this hotel cold food, poor adult evening entertainment situated off the beaten track, drinks expensive. TIP Hire a car Menorca is a beatiful Island. Over the years we have stayed at the Fiesta Hotel which officially is only a 3 star and is far far superior in respect of hot food and nightly professional entertaiment . You live and learn.

Fantastic hotel, all the reviews are true.... book it.

by TripAdvisor Member jf2705

Having just returned from the hotel at weekend, this is the first time I have felt the need to express how great our stay was and advise others to experience it for yourself.
From arriving the staff were attentive and helpful throughout our weeks stay.
Our son (2yrs old) gained so much confidence in the water thanks to the excellent pools. All kept to the highest of standards I never once saw any litter or concerns with the pool area. It was spotless, which is what every parent wants.
We (like another reviewer) upgraded to halfboard when we arrived due to the cost and mostly the quality of the restaurant. In the UK I would have paid £294 for the week £98 each including my 2 yr old!! Direct with the hotel it worked out to be £194 !! as the hotel does discount for children plus++ only pay for 6 days.
If you stay 2 weeks I think it was 14 nights for the price of 11..!! A bargain.
Food was buffet style with lots of choice, fresh meats cooked in front of you changed daily. Yes, some days you saw the same veg, potatoes etc. but lets face it how many ways do you cook a potato each week...
The hotel was ideal for beach access - 5 mins walk and the Marina 15min stroll even with a toddler. I loved the fact that the hotel was at the end of a road so no through traffic. Lovely resort too, but to be honest the hotel was so nice we stayed in most nights.
The entertainment wasn't fabulous but the effort that the entertainment team put in certainly was. They worked from morning kids clubs through to midnight, they were great.
Overall, we would definately support the 4 star status..and will be going again to this hotel, something we've never done before.

great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member hulc

We booked this hotel last minute mainly on the basis of the reviews on this website. Having dropped other folk off at rather more dubious looking resorts and hotels, we were very relieved to find that ours lived up to the reviews!
Overall, there is very little to fault. The highlights are the wonderful swimming pool which was never remotely crowded or dirty, the spotless rooms (cleaned daily), and good location right at the edge of the resort, so relatively quiet, and near to small beach.

We stayed in one of the hotel rooms and were disappointed to find that being on the ground floor and facing north, our patio did not get any sunshine at all. We asked if there was a different room to swap to, and the helpful staff found us a lovely room on the first floor and looking out over the countryside towards mountains in the distance. We were grateful not to be facing in towards the centre of the hotel complex as in the evening the entertainment can be fairly noisy and the music hard to escape, and does not finish until 11pm. This was our only complaint about the place, so if you want quiet evenings you may be better off with a room away from the bar / entertainment area.

We also had a half-board deal and thought the food was very good value with great variety. We always waited for a table outside which was lovely.

Overall, a very easy place to relax, and excellent value.

Great Place!

by TripAdvisor Member KSutton

We spent our first family holiday with our 5 month daughter at the Princesa in September.

We chose the self-catering opton because of sterilising etc and can highly recommend the apartments for families with babies and young children. The kitchen area of the apartment was small but clean and well equipped with a fridge, 2 ring stove, toaster and microwave (great for the steriliser). The utensils and plates provided were adequate and there was a kettle to use on the rings. Take your own dish and washing up cloths though.

The living area was small but adequate with a L shaped sofa arrangement which converted into beds, a TV and coffee table. The bedroom again was small but with plenty of storage space. The cot provided was clean and safe.

All in all the apartment was very clean and the general level of repair/maintenance was excellent. We did have a problem with the shower which was fixed within hours.

We ate at the restaurant a couple of times, where the food was really good and varied. It was buffet style with all kinds of salads, veg, fruit etc. The grill at one end served freshly cooked meats and fish and wasn't sitting around for long periods.

The pool area/pools are great. In september there were more than enough beds and room for everyone. The food at the pool bar is not great but adequate. The entertainment in the evening starts late and is very noisy. If you prefer the quiet life, ask for a room away from the main block.

For buggy pushers, use the right hand side pavement to walk down to the marina. We ate there most nights and the restaurants all vary in price, quality and style - but there is enough to suit all ages and tastes. We recommend in particular the Balear.

There are 2 supermarkets close to the Princesa as well as a fairly good shop within the hotel. Again for buggy pushers, you can buy Cow & Gate and Hipp Organic baby foods at the supermarkets as well as pampers, huggies etc at reasonable prices. They also sell C&G and SMA ready to use cartons of milk for babies and toddlers too.

The one down side of the location of the resort is that we were the last drop-off and first pick-up point. This meant nearly 2 hours each way to the airport - may be different in high season. However, we did take the Cosmos Capital Sights trip - where we spent nearly 4.5 hours picking up and dropping off - so would avoid that one!

fab

by TripAdvisor Member Analyser

We booked to go to this hotel a few years ago in about 2001/2. The shops were a bit of a walk away but we liked it because our family walk to places instead of getting buses on holiday anyway. The harbour was lovely and a great place to stroll round in the evening just as it starts to get dark and the facilities at the hotel were excellent. We loved it so much we went back a year later.

I Love This Hotel!!!! - Gets Better Every Year!

by TripAdvisor Member robz16

Having stayed at this hotel many times i am so pleased that they have kept the hotel up to brilliant standards. Most hotels do not tend to get better and instead deteriate, the hotel princesae playa instead gets much better, it seems the hotel is always looking at ways to improve providing a better holiday year afte year.

THE BEST HOTEL IN MENORCA ! .... and trust me ive stayed in many having been to Menorca over 10 times and stayed and visited over 30 different hotels.

The hotel is not a 5 star hotel but is definatly up to the same standards, the reason i believe it did not get this rating is due to it not being a ponsy, posh and smart hotel, instead aiming more to be a family friendly, fun, clean and modern hotel.

Going Back

by TripAdvisor Member brigadier53

We were put in the Princessa Playa because the hotel of our choice for the previous 3 years was full. We had been quite happy going back to Cala'n Forcat and it was with trepidation we agreed to move----What a fabulous surprise! The Princessa Playa has the perfect pool and garden area for all ages, the rooms are spacious and clean, the service superb. Not the cheapest place you'll find but we have decided to go back this year.
D & J Hartley. Halifax.

excellent holiday

by TripAdvisor Member kristytaylor

lovely hotel, really clean all the staff were very welcoming, the food was excellent. really good holiday will defintely be coming back again! *****

Comments