Caribe Hotel

Caribe Ibiza Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Caribe Hotel

An enjoyable stay at the Caribe

by TripAdvisor Member trip2travel

My daughter and I had a very enjoyable stay at the Hotel Caribe 7-14 July. The hotel was very
clean and the staff were generally very pleasant with the exception of one receptionist whose
mood swings were memorable!!

The food was most enjoyable with plenty of choices for all tastes, the dates wrapped in bacon were delicious so too was the paella, there was even roast beef, roast pork, steak and kidney pie on offer some evenings, although I personally think they should stick to what they do best.

The rooms were ok for 2 but possibly maybe a little cramped for 3. Safe hire was available at 15 euro for the week. The airconditioning was very efficient and the bathroom was perfectly
adequate.

The pool area was clean and had plenty of sunbeds but despite notices in the room some guests still left towels on beds for much of the day without using the beds. The snack bar was
reasonably priced for drinks and snacks throughout the day.

The evening entertainment was variable starting with the mini disco until 9.30pm and the inevitable “happy hour” between 8.30 and 9.30 but only 2 drinks on offer, a pint of lager 1.70
euro and a fruity cocktail for 2 euro. During our stay entertainment featured a top class magician whom the children loved, a hypnotist, a parrot show, a drag act and a puppet show. If entertainment is really not your thing the resort of Es Cana has plenty else on offer.

Getting around was easy - taxi from the airport was 30 euro. A bus into Santa Eulalia from the main bus stop 120 metres from the hotel was 1.25 euro. The beach at Cala Nova was well worth the taxi fare of 4 euro but beware of the jellyfish! Boats leave from the harbour in Es Cana, a short walk from the hotel at regular intervals to Santa Eulalia and Ibiza Town and there was a glass bottom boat tour. The legendary Wednesday Hippy Market was well a visit but be prepared for the crowds.

good hotel in lovely resort

by TripAdvisor Member littlejetsetter123

just returned from a lovely weeks stay at the caribe. weather was nice, central location in es cana. having been to es cana before the caribe appears to be the most spacious hotel especially around the pool side and no need to get up early to get sun lounger as plenty available. special mention of rosa who worked at the pool bar, she was great with both the adults and the children. food at hotel nice, not very good choice for vegetarian and could be more choice for children. rooms cleaned thoroughly, clean towels daily. only downside was kids club did not accept children under three. hotel entertainment team very poor and evening shows started way too late, 10.30 some evenings. day time entertainment advertised but never occured.
bar staff not very friendly at all. dining room staff friendly once they had seen you a few times.
overall a good hotel but lacked the friendly appeal

Superb 3 star hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Jennyhols

We booked the Caribe 2 days before we arrived there for a 1 week stay through Thomas Cook and after reading the fab reviews on here, I felt totally obliged to add our own. There was only me and my husband on the trip and we both loved it.

The hotel is so clean it's unbelievable. The rooms are cleaned every day, bar Thursday and even then you get clean towels. Although they're not the largest rooms, they have good air-con and a nice bathroom. No grotty grouting or feeble showers here. Just mention here they have changing rooms for you to use on departure days and these are really well equipped, large private cubucles where you can have a (power) shower and get changed etc. if your flight is a late one. No need for late checkouts in my opinion!

The food was really excellent. A good mix of food from more Spanish dishes like Pork and Chorizo stew or Paella to English classics like Steak and Kidney pud or chicken and chips. We (husband and myself mid-thirties) were always spoilt for choice and ended up eating far too much. For people who have picky kids etc, there were chips every night and plenty of things like pasta and cheese, fresh baked bread, ham etc. Don't know how anyone can criticise the food at all. All very clean as well with dining tables being cleared as soon as they've been used

The only slight gripe with the hotel we could find was that the entertainment was a bit weak. Some shows were really good but some were decidedly poor with the parrot show being a good example. 20 mins of parrot tricks and then an hour of taking photos and charging 10 euros a pop for them. Bit cheeky if you ask me! Loads of night life in es cana though and plenty of bars to cater for every entertainment taste.

Word of warning though - the resort in general is a bit Blackpoolish rather than sophisticated European seaside. it was fine for us. We enjoyed it and would go back, definitely to the Caribe!

What a great place

by TripAdvisor Member Knoz

Me,my husband and teenage son stayed at the Hotel Caribe at the end of August. What a great place. The hotel is spotless, with cleaners constantly on the go and staff so helpful and friendly. Our room was lovely, it overlooked the pool and you could also see the sea. The food is tremendous, there is lots to choose from, I think we have all put on a few pounds in weight! The town of Es Cana is lovely, with plenty of shops and bars/restaurants. The beach was small, the only problem with it was the seaweed there was lots! Around the pool area at the hotel there was no problem getting sunbeds, you didn't have to go down at the crack of dawn and put your towels out.
We would definately go again. Go to the Hippy Market it's great!

Nice Clean Hotel in Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member WantABreak

Just arrived back from the Caribe after a 7 day stay and had a really nice time. In our party there were 4 adults aged between 30 and 60 and 2 young children aged 3 and 5 months.

Hotel
The hotel is superbly located literally 2 mins walk from the resort centre. It is really clean in all areas and the staff were all friendly and helpful. The pool area is superb with good sized childrens pool and loads of sunbeds to choose from, so no getting up at the crack of sparrows to grab a bed. Dont know if this was because it was September and nearing the end of season. The restaraunt seemed to lack a little in service as tables were slow to be cleared. The food in general was a good 3 star standard. Breakfasts were good but food in the evening was a bit hit and miss as some nights food options didnt seem to go together and not a great deal of choice for young children and our 3 year old isnt particularly fussy. Having said that we never left the restaurant hungry and if you have a sweet tooth the sweets were great, but if you are a really fussy eater you might struggle at times.

Resort
Es Cana is a really nice little resort with plenty of bars, shops and restaurants to choose from. It is not rowdy but there is plenty of people around in the bars and restaurants to make a nice relaxing atmosphere. There is one or two bars that are a bit livelier and have entertainment on every night. Price of a local beer is on average about 2.65 euros and a bacardi and coke 3.50 euros with some places more expensive and some places cheaper at about 2 euros for a local beer but be warned the cheaper drinks taste cheaper. Food is reasonably priced about 4.70 euros for a tuna salad, 5.50 euros for good sized burger with chips and salad. Would recommend Mar Vent on the sea front next to Charlies bar for meals, plenty of choice, reasonable price and decent service.

In general really enjoyed our holiday and would recommend the hotel and the resort.

Just a bit of advice for those of you transfering to the resort on a Wednesday who have small children still needing a bottle. The Hippy Market attracts a large number of people and the traffic queues are huge i.e transfer took 2 hours and not 1 hour. Luckily we had an extra feed with us.

Lovely Clean Hotel, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member sheepynic2

Hotel Caribe is just what you want from a holiday hotel. Its clean, spacious, good food and great staff.

We holidayed with our 16 month old daughter and we quite nervous about taking her away but we didnt need to worry - she loved it. The childrens pool was a great size and as it was just out of season loads of people had left pool floats, buckets, spades and toys for everyone to play with. The hotel also has its own playground which was great for her to play on - although we had to take her first thing in the morning because the slides got too hot in the sun later in the day!

The staff are so helpful and cant do enough for you, especially the reception staff. Pool side bar has very reasonably priced drinks and ice creams.

Evening entertainment wasnt up to much but we think this was mainly because it was out of season, not many people sitting out at night but I can imagine in the height of summer it is buzzing with everyone participating in the shows.

Es Cana itself is a lovely little resort with plenty of shops, supermarkets, resturants and bars - without being too noisy!

We would recommend the Es Cana "train" that leaves from the beach side. They do three different trips each day around the island. We went on the night time one to the neighbouring town of Santa Eulalia - 6 euros each and you get a 1 hr stop over. Our little daughter loved it and it drops you off just at the lovely big marina in Santa Eulalia - perfect for a night time stroll.

Throughly recommend this hotel - we hope to return next year with my parents.

Would stay here again

by TripAdvisor Member danimallorca

I stayed here during the Summer, not sure if it was August or September. I stayed here due work commitments in the hotel nearby. I was only in the Caribe for one night, or was it two?. Not sure now.

The hotel is spotless, has been given a nice modern twist (with sculptures in the reception lobby, etc), and the bedrooms are comfortable.

I'm afraid that I can't comment on the leisure facilities or the food, as I didn't eat there and didn't use the hotel for anything other than sleeping and getting a quick shower in the morning.

The swimming pool area looked clean and safe.

It's a short distance to the beach and main area of Es Canar. I would recommend the Las Arenas pastisserie (fantastic cakes and pastries) just in front of the seafront, and the La Perla bar / restaurant for good value snacks.

Friendly Hotel But poor food choice

by TripAdvisor Member Katie_AnnOldham

I stayed here in October with my young family
We had a lovely holiday couldnt fault the hotel apart from the food choice .As every night there was so little choice and was no choice at all for children .So if you are a fussy eater this is not the best hotel to go to I must say for food it was the worst ever I have experienced and the rep informed us that it was not because it was out of season as it had been like this throughout.
But if you book this hotel independtly then it is a cheap enough holiday to eat out at night as the hotel is spotless perfect nights kip unless it is entertainment night and your room is near the corridor you wont get the sleep you require.(very noisy)
But overall myself husband and children had a good holiday just wasnt so keen on resort as typical english tourist resort(if you like that on holiday)
And another good point to take on board If your going out on the bus with young children wait until the afternoon as the buses are jammed packed my baby fell asleep in my arms one day as I was standing up due to there being no seats nobody would even offer to give their seat up apart from one old man in his 80s(as I say typical english)

Great Holiday at the Caribe

by TripAdvisor Member Wrighty5

My Family of 5 2 Adults and 3 teenage boys stayed at the Caribe in the height of the holiday season. It was fantastic the staff were so friendly and helpful and the Caribe Hotel was the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The pool area was lovely, the evening entertainment was great, the town of Es Cana is small but enough bars etc to entertain you for 2 weeks.

We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this holiday and would recommend this hotel to everyone from families with young children to pensioners.

Nice Hotel But Poor Food

by TripAdvisor Member ilovegoinonholiday

We have been to the caribe twice and i have got to say the first time there was much better. The entertainment staff the first year were amazing they made the holiday for us the second year around the entertainment staff had changed and where no where near as good they wasnt organised at all and things which were up on the board which where meant to be happenening just didnt i think though it was because they were young and may become just as good.
The breakfasts at the hotel are quite nice lots of sausages and bacon just the normal english breakfasts really, there is always alot there what ever time you go down for it which is excellent.
The evening meal therefore isnt that nice there isnt much choice really and there is next to nothing for the children to pick from as we had two fussy teenagers this became a problem.
The bar staff at the hotel are very nice and always try and help you drinks ice creams and snacks are all resonable prices and are nice.
The reception staff are always there, always smileing and will help you if you need them. Cant say much for the reps as we booked the hotel though a website where you get the flight and hotel seperate so we didnt have one.
I wont be returning to the caribe hotel as we have been twice now and what to see other places.

Beautiful IbizaBeautiful Ibiza

Portal de ses TaulesPortal de ses Taules

Ibiza old townIbiza old town

Bora Bora BeachBora Bora Beach

IBIZA IN JULY?

by misici

I would like to come at the beginning of July for 15 days. Is this Ok time and what is the best place to stay?
What should I not miss?
I will soon see which places local agents offer and ask for advice.
Is it better on Ibica or Palma de Mallorca?
Greetings to all from Serbia.
THANKS

by diniana

Clubbing?? Ibiza...

by CAROLINEARCHER

Check out DigitalIbiza.com, they are THE guide for all things Ibiza, clubbing, hotels, beaches, bars etc!

Clubs wise i personally like Privilege, Space & if i wanna slum it, Es Paradis!

Hope this helps