Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga Spain

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 185% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Fiesta Hotel Cala Llonga Spain

Return to Cala Llonga

We have just come back from our second year at Hotel Cala Llonga. We have again nothing but praise for the hotel and the staff that work their. We believe that this hotel is one of the most underated in ibiza. As for the dreaded B word not a sign once again, just the few like any other hotel who will whinge and moan about anything. This hotel cant be that bad you only have to see the number of repeat visits each year.

Don't put your fingers in the buffet!

by TripAdvisor Member Micmac01

During July 2004 my husband, myself and all our family stayed at the Fiesta Cala Llonga. This was the 3rd time we had stayed here and as usual the holiday was excellent. The hotel was very good and at no time did any member of our party fall foul of the dreaded 'bug'. The stories on this page are highly exaggerated - people falling like flies numbered just a few and we were there for 2 weeks.l
The few sick people seemed to stay around the pool all day and not move except back to the hotel.
If everyone in the hotel had good manners and used the appropriate serving implements instead of their fingers at the buffet no germs would be spread that way.
As for the viral infection - should the hotel have stopped people breathing?
This could have been brought from the UK.
I would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel if I could be guaranteed the other guests know how to behave at meal times!

Great hotel and location

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the fiesta cala llonga, this was my first time to Ibiza and this hotel. Read the previous reviews about the 'stomach bug' but didn't hear of anybody having any problems. I am of the view that people invite their own problems by not washing their hands after using the bathroom, there are good facilities in every bathroom, so why not use them.
Those people who do not wash their hands are simply spreading their germs for everyone else. I found the accommodation and the food to be of excellent standard and would certainly go there again. The staff were friendly and very helpful and they work very hard.

Wherever, you go there are 'moaners' one couple moaned beacuse they had to wait an hour in to their flight for their meal, do they expect it to be waiting on their tray once they board the aircraft?. Some guests moaned because they had to wait for the lift. Get a life, you are on holiday, the idea is to chill out and relax.

I recommend the fiesta for anyone, moaners, please stay at home and don't spoil things for other guests.

Ongoing Visits to this hotel

Having been to the Cala Llonga Fiesta Hotel many years. I must admit, July last year both myself and my wife had the bug. They were spraying hands of guests on entering the dining room for the first week of our two weeks holiday only.
Maybe by coincidence, on the second week we got the bug.

At the welcome meeting I asked the Thomson Reps about the bug which I had read about, and they dismissed it as a Cala Llonga bug, not an hotel bug. When we had a drink at the Toni bar, they informed us it was only people staying at this hotel who were sick.

If you are sick with any stomach bug try sipping the Green Peppermint wine which we did after getting over the initial effects of the bug. It did help us feel better.

After reading all the other comments written on Tripadvisor, with the latest ones saying in they did not have the bug. I have decided to go to the hotel this year for one week only. I will be writing my comments about the hotel when I get back. So watch this space!!

do not take a street facing apartment if you want to sleep

by TripAdvisor Member dannykay

direct holidays use this place and it has a lovely pool, good staff, and the place is kept very clean. food is very basic eg pies and chips etc and caters for the british menu.
the apartments though suffer from one serious problem and that is noise! and lots of it !! starting from 8am in the morning untill 2am at nite... moterbikes, cars ,trucks, binmen, drunks,planes, buses, waterfountains, funfairs across the street... u name it they will have it! all their windows are wodden and single glazed...no double glazing and they rattle every time a truck or bus goes by.
dont expect any sleep if you are unlucky enough to have an apartment facing out onto the street.
make sure that you request a pool facing apartment if you want an enjoyable holiday here as u might as well be in beruit if u are unlucky enough to draw the short straw of a street facing apartment.
there is a lovely sandy beach only 2mins walk from apartments, and they also have a round pool table!! has to be seen to be belived!!

Super hotel and location NO BUG

by TripAdvisor Member Louisa60

Was a bit sceptial about staying here after reading all the reviews (after we'd booked up!). Anyway there wasn't a sign of the bug, after all they've had the winter to fully clean everything, I think once you get something in the system unless you can totally close down and clean it just gets passed on and on. Anyway the wasn't a sign of the bug no one in the hotel was ill while we were there, the hotel itself seems to be taking extra precautions this year, cleaners were always present the communial toilets were cleaned every hour and there were plenty of signs reminding people to wash there hands after visiting the facilities, which is one of the ways these bugs get started. The main restaurant was spotless I watched them change platters regulary keeping the food nice and fresh surfaces were wiped down frequently, I also saw on serveral occasions the head chef test various food stuff with a thermometor gadget, presumally to ensure the food remained at the correct temperature.

The hotel is in a super location overlooking the bay, with a small beach only 50 meters walk away, or you could swim there from the jetty alongside the hotel. You can sit and sunbath by the water and then use the stairs to climb into the sea, be warned that it can be slippy and there are some sharp rocks, if you have jelly shoes and a snorkle take them with you, the local shop also sells them. If you like fishing take your rod, packed in your suitcase, one man staying at the hotel had his confiscated at customs (it was in his hand luggage), several chaps spent the day fishing by the hotel. The hotel has no shortage of sunloungers either by the pool or on one of the many terraces going down towards the sea with lots of sun umbrellas, remember don't pack a towel the hotel give out beach towels.

The little town is very nice and safe with several good restaurants if you want a night out of the hotel! On the other side of the beach you can catch a ferry from the jetty, either to Ibiza Town of in the other direction to St Eulilia and Es Cana to the Hipppy Market. Ibiza Town is well worth a visit the old walled town is lovely to wander round. The Hippy Market all depends on what you like, it's huge all the stalls seem to sell the same thing, jewelery, sarongs and african art, prices aren't great things are cheaper in the shops in Cala Longa, for example sarongs at the market cost E10 to E15 at the local shop E3! But it's a nice morning out, we got the 1st ferry went straight to the market before it got too busy spent 45minutes there then walked back to the town and had a look round Es Cana had a coffee, it's a much busier resort than Cala Longa then got the ferry back to the hotel. We didn't do it ourselves (not enough time) but heard some really good reports about day trips to Formenta again the boats leave from the jetty.

Plenty of activites laid on by Thompson during the day, evenign entertainment seemed to be mainly singer and groups, only one night with a comedian, our experience at previous Gold Hotels has been more comedian acts, also the reps did two nights of extended shows. I believe one is enough, they're not exactly professional singers and it showed.

All in all we had a great break, oh yes one last thing we're in our early 30's and the age range in the hotel was great a real mix of ages not so many of the oldies!

Fabulous Fiesta

by TripAdvisor Member Ethelred1

Having read some previous reviews on this holiday it is fair to say that we a little concerned, but from the moment we arrived our holiday really started.The hotel was spotless,the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made you feel very welcome.Absolutely no problem with the restaurant food,quality or selection.The hotel is set on the side of a quiet bay on the edge of the sea just a short walk to the resort centre. There is a slight incline which could prove difficult for wheelchair users and some of the elderly, however the brochures do mention this.Overall a very enjoyable and totally relaxing holiday will definitely return.

Great Location

On first impressions, the apartments look quite dated, alot of brown tiles going on but the cleanliness of the apartment was A1 and the bathroom area was cleaned every day.

I had a street facing apartment which I was disappointed with to start with as I had read a previous review about the noise levels, but I didn't think that the noise was a major problem. The heat was quite intense and as the apartments do not have air conditioning, it can get uncomfortable. Also the lighting is quite poor.

Overall I think the apartments were of a very high standard, the pool was clean and not overcrowded and the complex is quite small and friendly.

The location is perfect, a very short walk from the beach and right next to Supermarkets and many lovely restaurants. I would definitely go back.

Tummy Bug

We spent 2 weeks at the hotel last July/Aug. when they were having trouble with the tummy bug. I have just read a report about it on your site and feel it was very one sided.
Two of our party got the bug and the hotel could not have done more for them. Alot of problems were started by guest's own actions. in the dining room when getting there food.
We would all go back to the hotel again even the ones that had the bug.

september break

just returned from week at the fiesta cala longa (thonson gold) hotel situated in lovely bay arrived at three in the early hours had good reception and offered hot drink & biscuits very welcome after travelling hotel food excellant nothing too much trouble entertainment very good thomson team worked really hard good bus & ferry services to holiday spots cala longa bay excellant for swimming & snorkling enjoyed the fantastic firework display(tourist day) can recommend this hotel for a break away without children will definately return . philip & sue. sep 17 2005

Girls in front of Club SpaceGirls in front of Club Space

The CastleThe Castle

San Antonio BaySan Antonio Bay

Cala TaridaCala Tarida

SEPTEMBER!!

by blane2007

Im going Ibiza on the 22nd September celebrating my birthday out there and would like to know if if the nightlife is still good and also weather!!!

Cheers

by butchill

more than likely the weather will be good and the clubs etc dont close till end of ostober

by diniana

Here I wrote a little about the nightlife

by rachel_sun

Hello
the weather will still be warm and sunny and about 25c. The clubs and bars will still be open, but as it is at the end of the season, maybe not as busy as normal. Just stick to the most popular places which will be busy still.

Comments