Hotel Gran Sol

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Hotel Gran Sol

Loved the Hotel Gran Sol

by TripAdvisor Member mymr2us1

We just returned home from a five night stay at the Hotel Gran Sol. I have to admit I was pretty impressed. There are a couple of negatives, but I'll get to them in a little while.

The Positives: Location is Great! It's within walking distance to Cafe Mambo and Del Mar. Many shops and resturants to choose from as well. The room was cleaned every morning and if we had any questions the people at the front desk always tried to help.

The Negatives: No alarm clock! I had to shedule a wake up call every night for the following morning. They have the nerve to charge 3 euros per day for the fridge, even though I needed it for medication purposes. The number one complaint is... you need to put your room key in a slot near the door to turn on the electricity. I don't know if this is a european thing or not, but it's a real pain. If you have to use the restroom at night, you better have your key on you. If you want the fan on, you better have your key ready. It was very bothersome and I never got used to it.

In regards to Ibiza: WOW!

This place is like no other. I'm from the USA and I thought NYC partied hard. To keep things short, Ibiza is the place to get plenty of sun, party hard and see beautful girls. The sunset at Mambo was one of the coolest things I've every seen in my life.

One warning I have to put in: If you are an American, please be careful as to what you say. My brother was head butted in the face by an englishman after saying he liked the rock group U2. We also were stared at because of the way we speak. The night before we left, we were told by a london cop on holiday that america is the most hated country.

I don't think I'll ever go back to Ibiza or Europe in general, but if I did I would go back to Gran Sol.

GREAT HOLIDAY

by TripAdvisor Member oscar034

My husband Hugh and I have just spent 2 weeks at the Hotel Gran Sol in Ibiza. We go back to this hotel every year because we like it and it can't be beaten on choice for service, frendliness,cleanliness,and value for money. Anne and Pepe, the owners make you feel really welcome, as do all the staff, from Reception-Rosa, Catherine. Pilar and Jose to Bar staff-Vincente,Tony,Jose and Pepe. The hotel is constantly upgraded every year, new bathrooms with hairdryer one year, new security doors on the rooms the next, new reception area this year, and the hotel is repainted every year.The hotel is absoutely spotless. The maids clean the rooms everyday, change bedding and give fresh towels. All the rooms have Air Conditioning and a ceiling fan, a fridge and a safe. There is entertainment at least once a week, sometimes twice. At present this hotel is classed as a 2*, but in our opinion it should be at leatst a 4* The food is good too.
We will definately be going back in 2009.
From Cathie and Hugh Speirs 14-28/6/2008.

A pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member Lucy083

I stayed here with my friend for a week. The room was clean and spacious. The pool was kept clean and there were plenty of sun loungers. When we went it was one of the quieter hotels in San Antonio and not too close to all the action, yet within walking distance to the bars and beach.

I had nice days

by TripAdvisor Member matinee77

I spent 10 days at the Gran Sol Hotel in San Antoni. I arrived on Jul. 18 and left on Jul. 27. It was the third time I went to Ibiza, the first to San Antoni and, furthermore, the first time I went alone. The motivation that led me to choose such an hotel was the good number of positive reviews I gatherd through the web.
I booked directly from the hotel website.

Overall, I can confirm wath those reviewers said: excellent hotel with respect to its number of stars. If you want to pay for a two stars and to obtain a service for (at least) a four stars, this is the hotel for you!!! I really suggest. In particular if you have to spend your vacation alone (as in my case this year) you can freely book an individual room without any silly overprice.

Finally, If you love the sandy beaches and to swim in sparkling clear water, with just a few minutes by walking from the hotel you can reach two wonderful beaches such as Cala Gracio and Cala Gracioneta

Excellent!!

by TripAdvisor Member Sach07

I cannot believe the Gran Sol has only a 2 star rating. The hotel itself looks clean on approaching it and is in a great location. Its a 5 minute walk to all the cafe bars yet its location is in a really quiet area so you get away from all the noise on a night.

The rooms are spotless. They were cleaned daily and fresh towels left too. They were a nice size and everything looked well maintained. There was a mini fridge to store water/drinks. I was told there was a charge for this but ours had a key left in the fridge so was free. There was a tv too. Although the only English channel was 'Sky News'. The only thing I could fault the room on was there was only 1 plug socket in the bedroom and one in the bathroom.
There was air conditioning and a fan (which was great).

We paid the extra to stay half board. (which was next to nothing) I wasn't sure what to expect. The food was good and a nice variety. It was a help yourself...so you could eat as much as you wanted!

The hotel itself is kept very clean and tidy and the pool area was nice too. Sunbeds very comfy and plenty of them. It wasn't really noisy either...lovely to relax. The pool was clean and had a childrens pool too. There is also a poolside bar. It did say you could not take your own drinks to the pool. We did everyday and nobody said a word to us.

We had to check out by 12pm and didn't fly until 1.30am. There was a lovely big courtesy room and secure luggage room. They even supplied us with towels.

Well impressed with the standard of this hotel. I would stay there again without a doubt.

Fab Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Lynchn1

I was a little worried at first when my friend had booked the hotel with it being a 2 star! This hotel is not a 2 star hotel at all I have stayed in hotels rated 4 star which have not been as nice as the Gran Sol.

The reception staff, bar staff where really friendly the pool area was a nice size with a grass area at the back to sunbathe!

The location is fab being close enough to the nightlife yet away from it to get a good nights sleep!

The rooms where spacious & cleaned daily & any dirty towles replaced! all in all we had a great weekend at the Gran Sol & would recommend it to anybody! I will deffo be returning next
year!

Great Hotel 100% recommended!!

by TripAdvisor Member Bosher79

In a word - fantastic!
From the moment we arrived we new it was going to be good. The hotel is much bigger than any of the photos we had seen and sooooo clean. The receptionist could not have been more helpful so we knew we were going to enjoy our stay. When we got to our room it was spacious, clean and juist what you would expect from a 4star!! The maids came every day and the hotel itself was immaculate! Breakfast was included and i cannot fault that either - a great selection of continental and english food with real bangers!! i would 100% recommend this hotel and will most definalty be coming back next year. Its positioning is great too. just behind Kanya beach bar it is literally 2 minutes from the sea front and Mambo is a short stroll along the front. This hotel is a real jewel and such a bargin. So Book now!

great hotel, good location

by TripAdvisor Member tykes03

this was the second time we've stayed at this hotel and would stay time and time again. The rooms had even been upgraded since we were last there in September 2006.

The rooms are very clean and there is a maid service each day and spacious too.

We did stay half board and the evening meal didn't have much choice but without any questions the hotel changed us back to Bed and Breakfast and only charged up that rate for the rest of the stay, very accommodating.

the pool is great and clean with plenty of sun loungers.

Great location, nice and quiet but close walking distance to the cafe bars, only €4 for a taxi to west end and €30 to airport.

would highly recommend for a clean and confortable cheap stay.

Not Bad

by TripAdvisor Member tomandthemini

Stayed between 17-25th June 2008, through Thomson accomodation only website. Found out later on that its cheaper to deal direct with the hotel, and it costs £50 to cancel with Thomson so we had no real option to change.
We were given a top floor room, and from here we had great views out to sea. Location is excellent, 3 mins from Kanya, Coastline etc, 10 mins from Cafe del Mar and 10 Mins from west end if thats your kind of thing, but the hotel itself is very quiet, ideal if you want a bit of both.
Pool area and sunbathing area both nice, but get your towel down early or else the Germans will take over.
Rooms are nice and clean and serviced every day.
Would reccomend this hotel to those who may want the option to go out at night, but want a bit of peace in the day.

AB FAB

by TripAdvisor Member ianbedinburgh

The Bruce Family Edinburgh

Best 2 Star hotel I have ever stayed in. Superb location. Super pool area plus a grass sunbathing, area. Cabaret 3 nights per week. Pool and table tennis. Kids sand playing area. Large Pool and small kids pool. Half board breakfast and dinner great. Bar side lunches also great. Rooms to die for ie Air con, Fan, safe and keetle and fridges on request. All staff excellent,very very friendly, prices superb. Like most families we meet most will return next year..

On The Beach on IbizaOn The Beach on Ibiza

Portal de ses TaulesPortal de ses Taules

All aboard!All aboard!

Ses SalinesSes Salines

Visiting Ibiza in early May? Is it a good idea?

by DraculaX

I'm planning to visit Ibiza from May 3rd to May 8th. Is the island gonna be dead, since it's not the season to party yet?

I'm going there for the parties and beaches. I know it's probably not too hot over there at this time, and there's probably not as many people in early May. But is there gonna be any party in early May?
and if there is, is there going to be enough people attending those parties?

I live in New Jersey, USA. I work for an airline, and next week is the only week I have off. I'm still puzzlling about where to go. Please help~!!

Jersey Boi

by eugene.uk

The clubbing season runs from the beginning of June until the end of September. ES PARADIS is the first club to open, usually in the last week of May, after that comes SPACE, on the first Sunday of June, and one week later, AMNESIA. Popular nights such as CREAM and MANUMISSION do not start until the third or fourth week of June. The closing parties start at the beginning of September and continue until the end of September.

I hope this helps.

Best regards
Eugene

by diniana

Pacha is open all year around. The Bora Bora at the Playa d'en Bossa will be open. All the small clubs and pubs are open. The best country bars and restaurants are open all year.

by DraculaX

So one guy is saying that if I'm looking to party in early May, I won't have any luck in Ibiza. Another girl is saying that some clubs are open all year round. Anyone else knows for sure if there's gonna be enough people to party in Ibiza in early May?? (May 3rd to May 8th)

by Tiger2003

Well I hope you are there and having fun right now! Please let us know what you DID find! I'm planning to go in late July because I MUST have all the clubs open for mega mega exponential partying!

Comments