Hotel Miami Ibiza

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Miami Ibiza

Visiting the 'Hippy Market' at...

by squibber

Visiting the 'Hippy Market' at Es Canar, Ibiza
Although pretty touristy this is still an interesting way to pass a morning or afternoon. A mixture of clothing/jewellry and craft stalls - with the ubiquitous henna tatooing.

More like a poor 2 Star !!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Andiloo

Having stayed in a variety in class of accomodation ranging from Camping to 5 star luxury I feel that my 2 Star rating on this is educated and fair.......But lets start with the good points!

Miami Ibiza is set right on the beach - the beach is lovely and clean - ample sunbeds at 4euros per day and plenty of watering holes and 'fast food outlets' - if it's gourmet food you're after - then avoid Es Cana it's not gonna happen!! The closest we came is a little place on the beach called Bahis el din or something like that - in the middle of the bay.

The hotel looks clean - the maids do an adequate job - not really an issue of mine as I feel that we shouldn't leave the rooms in a mess anyway. Oh ....... and I had to buy a hair dryer as there wasn't one in our room - nor was there tea/coffee facilities or a fridge (the latter I didn't expect btw)...

The entertainers/animators really do try their best (with the exception of my gripe about the Kids Club) Chris is particularly a lovely bloke.

And that's where the good points end!

Bad points!

I booked 3 star - I didn't expect anything other - but nor did I expect anything less! I had paid over £100 extra for a sea view - which with a telescope I might have just been able to see - After complaining it took 2 nights to move us to a 'Sea View'...Not acceptable and no apology.

The rooms are tiny - we had a family room, 2 crammed double beds and one small wardrobe, we had to live out of our suitcase as there really wasn't any room to hang our clothes.

We had booked All Inc.......We ate in the restaurant (NOISY, DARK CANTEEN!!) perhaps only once every other day even though we could have eaten 3 times daily - even the teenagers chose to part with their cash and pay for their meals out instead as it really is that bad - If Chips, ham and cheese are your thing, then you're in!! So much is deep fried - truly awful, not to mention having to queue for your plate and then your dinner and then a glass!! Most people we spoke to or overheard totally agreed - it was mentioned that the hotel has changed management in the last 6mths?

Our party - Mum and Dad (us!) 38,38 - Teenagers (them!) 19,19 and the little 5yr old brother - So for teenagers All inc is drinks heaven - amber nectar on tap and water etc when they need dehydrating!.........Sounds good, until they've/we've queued 25 mins for a drink! When we were there it was half term and the hotel was full - the hotel only ever had ONE of their three bars open at any one time - this caused grumbling amongst the crowd and queue jumping! Not good!

I've been to Ibiza six times - once to Playa den Bossa and four times to Portinatx - Presidente hotel, I love Ibiza, it's a beautiful island - the next time I return it will back to the Presidente!!!

great time to be had

we had a wonderful time in the miami hotel es cana for two weeks. The hotel was nice. The staff are very friendly,. We went half board, no problems at all with the food, it was very varied and even had a kids corner, food was plenty and when a dish was emptied it was filled again straight away, the restaurant worked like a clock no hassle at all. Theres a good kids club, and they were entertained every day, loads of activities, and entertainment every night. The rooms were quite small which was a bit disapointing, not enough room to put all your clothes. The rooms were always clean though, but there wasnt a mini bar and if u have young children babies no where to keep their food, that was the only thing we could fault them on, if there was a problem with the room they sent someone up directly so it was very prompt. you can of course up grade your room, and get flat tv screen mini bar etc but the size of the room was the same, we did upgrade at a cost of 12 euro per adult and 7.50 per child per day....... The hotel is right on the beach and has a lovely setting
We have no hesitation in recomending this hotel

Loved the miami hotel !!

by TripAdvisor Member H0lidayluver

Me and my family went to the Miami Hotel July 10 for 10 day's. The Hotel was very clean and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. We went all inclusive and the food was fantastic great variety and each night there wood be a different theme ( etc, Chinese, Italian).The Entertainment was great as there were parrot shows ,dancers and quizes everything to suite all age groups.The beach is just right off the pool and is great if you want to take part in water activities or if there is no sunbeds left at the pool, my family and the other family we were with used the beach instead of the pool as the sunbeds there were all squashed together and there was barely any room to move.The rooms were clean and fresh towels and bed sheets were provided but the rooms were very small and it as difficult as there was 3 of us living in this one room for 10 days. The bathroom was clean too and very big. The only problem is the view from your balcony make sure you book a room with a pool view unlike us who were faced with a tree right infront of our balcony but thankfully we still got a bit of sun Overall i would deffinatley reccomend this hotel i think it is great for famalies and my family and i are thinking about going next year.

Great for families

by TripAdvisor Member yummy-mummy-ok

My Mum and I took my daughters for their first beach holiday (aged 8 and just 6yrs) and we loved it. The girls are fantastic swimmers so Mum and I could lie on our sunbeds and glance up every now and then to check they were OK in the pool. Also, with the beach being just the other side of the railing, once settled on our favourite sunbeds we only had to turn round and we could watch them on the beach/in the rockpools too. The kids entertainers were fab although my girls only used the kids club a couple of times, and they enjoyed the evening entertainment too. We'd go back!

Nice hotel, food ok nice resort

by TripAdvisor Member babyb20

Nice clean room, towels changed every day. The hotel is positioned in a great spot over looking the beach. The food was ok a little boring, not very good for young children. My husband also found a large dead spider in his food on our last day, the staff just looked at us gone out and that was that. The pool area was ok, again not too good for small children. The water was freezing as well. I would possibly stay there again if it was a good deal, however I would try other hotels first

Fab Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Suzysu

Have justed returned from a very good holiday at the Hotel Miami. Really don't know what people complain about - my advise would be if you are picky then look into your holiday more thoroughly and put your money where your mouth is. Es Cana is a quiet resort so don't expect San Antonio. The Hotel Miami is a good standard 3 star hotel - if you want the Ritz (or think you deserve the Ritz as a lot of Brits do) then you'll be disappointed. If like myself you go on holiday to have fun you will be difficult to disappoint. Food is good and varied - if you have a child that is picky they will be picky whereever you go. The pool is clean although the trees over the pool do drop leaves etc. Yes - there is a problem with enough sunbeds but the hotel puts out as many as they can. Could always get a sunbed just not always where we wanted it - hey ho if thats the worst it gets what can I say. A little tip for those staying all inclusive - the hotel does provide waiter service in the evenings if you want to avoid the queues. All staff were very pleasant and friendly. Animation team work really hard and give it 110%. If on the odd occasion someone doesn't always smile try and remember the hours they work and I have to say some of the awful Brits they have to deal with.

Better then I expected!

by TripAdvisor Member Elaine_Pevensey

I stayed at the Miami with a friend and her 7 year old daughter during the half term break of 25th may 2007 to the 1st June 2007.
We really did not know what to expect of Ibiza, having a bit of a fear of "Club 18-30" types!
It was actually the complete opposite, the hotel was full of young families, all having a whale of a time, either on the nearby handy beach, or in the pools. I did spot quite a few retired couples there too, but not very many people in their 20s!
Speaking of the pool, it was almost impossible to get anywhere near it really. The sunbeds are booked by sneaky holidaymakers putting their towels in them at some unearthly hour, even if they were going to be out all day. I hate this, it's really selfish, and there are notices up about not doing this. Unfortunately, the hotel don't seem to enforce their own rule. The hotel is huge, and I suspect there are just not enough sunbeds, and the pool is not quite big enough to accommodate everyone.
Thank God for the beach really, where we spent most of our time-just walk past the pool, down some steps and you are there, lovely and sandy, and with some little rock pools, full of tiny crabs. Lots of people were enjoying themselves with bats and balls, buckets and spades and fishing nets-good old fashioned seaside fun!
There are some handy bars and restaurants too-we often lunched at Mar Bella-helpful, cheerful staff and reasonable cheap.
The Miami Hotel itself is spotlessly clean, with rooms cleaned daily and fresh towels too. The three of us had no problems with the room, although we would have really liked tea and coffee making facilities-I was gasping by the time we got to the restaurant for breakfast!
We stayed half board, so had our evening meal there too-not bad, plenty of salad , and some calorie inducing desserts. You could have tea/coffee/orange juice at breakfast free, but you had to buy wine, water etc to go with your dinner. If you have some left, just hand the bottle to a waiter, and you get it back for your next evening meal.
be warned, sometimes you had to queue for a table in the evening-breakfast was usually OK though. It;s all self service, buffet style, so you can eat as much as you like-and many people did! We were a somewhat taken aback when we spotted a woman happily filling a bottle up with orange juice from the machine, presumably to use later in the day-a bit greedy really, as the machine would run out before everyone else had had their breakfast.
All in all, not bad at all, a reasonable price, and we had a great holiday, despite arriving almost 6 hours late from the UK, owing to a problem with the plane. being stranded at Gatwick with not much to do is no fun!

had great time

by TripAdvisor Member 2daysaway

having just returned from our stay at the hotel miami(june 1-8th)weve had a great time.the hotel was clean and very much standard 3 star med,just as we expected.the staff were helpful when we asked to be upgraded to a sea view on the fifth floor.i recommend this and worth the extra 50 euros!the pool was lovely though i do agree with the sunbeds comment that there is limited floor space around the pool so all the sunbeds are crammed together so youre literally laid next to a complete stranger.my advice is find a bed next to someone english and have a chat to them.makes it so much less awkward!!the pool waa a little chilly the first few days but really warmed up toward the end of our hols.no where in the med heats pools in june so i dont know why people complain.the food we found to be of excellent standard with always plenty of choice for both adults and from the childrens buffet.yes,they do put odd things together thet you would never choose at home but weve found all med hoteld do this.there was always plenty to choose from to make a good meal and we found the show cooking(mexican and oriental) to be brilliant.the drinks were ordered via the waiting on staff and you tended just to have one drink with meals as you coud have ordered more but we found this a little awkward.the animation team worked really hard and were a pleasure to watch.the entertainment was pretty average but certainly watchable,sometimes cringeworthy but this made it all the more funny!!there was only one bar open of an evening and there did tend to be queues for drinks but only of about 10 mins though not sure how this would be in peak season.
the location is perfect with the beach at the bottom of the hotel steps with plenty of shops and bars around you will not be dissapointed.
my only gripe with the holiday was the lack of courtesy by my fellow british travellers who thought it perfectly acceptable to roll in,in the early hours with what sounded like a tribe of children (though turned out was only ever a couple)shout and scream along the corridors then continue their conversation as loud as you like whilst letting their children jump from bed to bed laughing and joking.for those of you reading this who may have done that,did it never occur to you that some people may have been sleeping or had to be up at three in the morning to catch a flight?as we did! on the occasions when we came home late my children were warned right from the hotel entrance that it was late and that people would be in bed and that they had to be quiet and not run along the corridors as it would disturb others.if onlt other people could have had the same opinion we may not have come back so tired.however this was no problem of the hotels just a classic case of BRITS abroad.but to all those lovely people who we met who were on our wavelength who had gone to chill out,relax and have fun,thanks for making it a great holiday!

fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member happyh0lidayers

we had a fantastic holiday,hotel v clean.changed sheets most days and towels every day. Perfect location.my only problem was kids food, it lacked a bit of practical english kids grub! but what they did serve was delicious.......ready to book again,,,

Hotel Miami, Ibiza

by LizD

I am wanting to contact the Hotel Miami in Es Cana Ibiza and have spent hours trying to find a telephone number of the net.

I know its a popular hotel, any ideas how I can get the number. Ive tried numberous directories and its not listed. Perhaps Ive tried the wrong ones?

RE: Hotel Miami, Ibiza

by paulinuk2u

07840 its easy?

RE: Hotel Miami, Ibiza

by paulinuk2u

SOF is back just go to google and enter hotel miami ibiza you get lots info

Help with an upscale hotel ON the beach in Ibiza? Thanks!

by Jesse78

I will be traveling with my 2 brothers to Ibiza in early August. Can anyone recommend an upscale and classy hotel that's on the beach, and relatively close to the action? The "on the beach" part is more important than being close to the action, but perhaps there is a hotel with both? Any help would be appreciated.

by patep

Hey guys, I'm not sure what your price range is, but here are some 3 star hotels that are really nice, on the beach, and near all the action. "hotel ibiza playa" "aparthotel mar y playa" "hotel figueretas" "hotel miami ibiza" those are just a few, you can go online to google, type in those hotels and view there webpages...i hope this helps!!

P.S. I'll be in ibiza early august too, hope to see you at the clubs.....i'll be traveling alone this year.

pate

by wittsy

hotel panorama in es cana

ES CANA HOTEL MARINA PANORAMA

by fullerton

Am going there this year - have read good and bad reports about this hotel. Any comments would be appreciated.

RE: RE: Help with an upscale hotel ON the beach in Ibiza? Thanks!

by wittsy

it depends what you look for. it's a quality, family hotel in a quality, family resort. it's situation is possibly one of the best of any hotel on the island (right on the front of the pretty bay of es cana). it's got great facilities, and is truly multi-national.

i first went there in 1969 with my parents and panorama holidays. i would recommend it to anyone wanting a hotel.

by rickygirl212

try hotel torre del mar in playa den bossa -

Beaches and Restaurants in Ibiza

by ronaldo1

We are going to Ibiza in June and are staying in Es Cana.Can anyone tell me which are the best beaches and restaurants on the island as i have a car for the 2 weeks and want to get to know the island.If anyone has any great ideas for things to do that would be apprciated too?

Re: Beaches and Restaurants in Ibiza

by ghosthunter

Es cana itself has a lovely if not crowded beach. Another fav of mine is Cala Gracio beach. http://www.digitalibiza.com/beaches/

Have to admit when i've been to Ibiza i have just eaten at the nearest restaurant so couldn't actually recommend any in particular. I would say though that a car is a great idea & the Northern & Central parts of the island are beautiful & green. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Re: Beaches and Restaurants in Ibiza

by anouskia

don't miss the famous street of restaurants in Santa Eulalia behind the town hall MMMMmmmmmmmmmm

Comments