Playa d' Es Cana, Es Cana, Ibiza, 07840, Spain

Otel.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 129% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• worst hotel experience

Hello! I'm here in Ibiza right now on a beach about 15mins away from my hotel. Paid 17€ to get me out of the place I'm at! This is my first time in Ibiza and didn't know where to stay myself. I'm a female traveling solo-and wanted a little bit of everything. Unfort- I wasn't able to get it all in one place...especially Es Canar! Avoid staying there for sure, unless of course you are 70, 80 years old, or retired, and want to be isolated from the world! That being said do your research and ask a lot of questions! I'm not retired, or in my 70's. I'm 35 yrs old and staff at my hotel literally laughed at me when I walked into hotel. So pick cautiously!! Oh and if u do end up staying here in (es canar) rent a car, or be ready to spend a lot of € euros on cab rides. Unless of course u take the bus, which is cheaper but not always convenient! I leave tomorrow and glad-yet very upset I didn't get to experience the real "Evissa"
    Cheers~E

Unique Quality: None!! Very boring, staff rude, and depressing place to stay!!! The entire area played nothing but bee gees, and elevator music!

Directions: In the middle of no where!

More about Invisa Ereso

Very nice 3* hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LaraLovesHouse

We stayed at the Invisa Hotel Ereso in Es Cana in Sep 07. Checking in was really quick and easy and the reception staff are very helpful and professional. The rooms are basic, what you would expect from a 3* hotel... twin beds, dressing table with mirror, small balcony. Standard bathroom with shower/bath, sink, toilet. Rooms were kept clean and the sheets changed/bin emptied and fresh towels every day which was helpful! There was a big selection of food at breakfast, lunch and dinner catering for all nationalities, lots of variety and the food wasnt bad at all and it changed everyday.
The pool area has a snack bar, and there are plenty of sunbeds at that time of year. There is also a children's pool (i think there was also a play area) and another sunbathing area. The staff worked hard to keep the children entertained throughout the day and did quizzes and things for the adults! I would say Es Cana is very good for families and the ereso is an ideal hotel in a good location, a short walk to the beach and shops are literally a minutes walk away. The beach wasn't that great but we found a nicer one if you walk a little further across the cliff top (turn left out of the ereso and keep going!) There are a couple of lively bars for the younger crowd down near the beach and bars where you can buy tickets for all the big clubs etc, a night bus is also available to take you to the clubs from es cana.
The bus stop is just down the road where you can travel to santa eulalia and ibiza town. Ibiza town is a must to visit the old town and go shopping!
Boats aren't too expensive either - there are trips to ibiza town, santa eulalia and the island Formentera which is beautiful and perfect for sunbathing.
I would definately recommend the Ereso hotel for families as overall it is very relaxed & clean, has an excellent location and the staff are very friendly with high standards. Personally i probably wouldn't stay here again due to it being too far away from the main clubbing scene of the island but will definately stay in an Invisa hotel again!

Ereso lived up to expectation and more

by TripAdvisor Member mytravelBromley

Having not been to Ibiza before checked out trip advisor for ideas. Decided on Hotel Ereso following the excellent reviews posted. Hotel lived up to all our expectations and more. Excellent location within Es Canar. Very well maintained and spotlessly clean. Larger than average sized bedrooms and bathrooms - best I've stayed in Europe. Staff provide excellent customer service. Es Canar beach 3 mins walk away and local restaurants and bars providing excellent customer service and choice of food for all budgets. Easy to get around by hire car, which I recommend visitors obtain on arrival. Wonderful secret shingle beaches on NW coast line and try NE of Island for the better sandy beaches.

An Average Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member HotelEreso

Just returned from a week's stay at The Hotel Ereso.
The rooms were cleaned to a high standard and maids were very friendly and helpful.Rooms were a good size BUT had no a/c (only a ceiling fan)so got hot at night.No rush for the sunbeds in the morning as there were plenty,and lots of games (e:g-aqua gym) took place every day and all 3 pools were kept clean.The food was disappointing as leftovers from lunch were used in dinner,and not a lot of choice to choose from.Some entertainment was poor as some shows didn't start until around 10.30.With the beach and shops not far away I would recommend this hotel for all ages and give it 8/10.

Brilliant Holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member claire2468

ive just come back from staying at the hotel ereso for a week and me and my family had a brilliant time. our room was quite small and was on the front side of the hotel which faced out onto a very busy and noisy road (main road into es cana) but it did have a sea view. The ceiling fan was a pleasure to have as it really cooled down the whole room.
The food was excellent as there was such a big choice, and you actually looked forward to going in to eat. All the staff in the whole hotel were fantastic and spoke alot of english which helps when a member of your family loses a filling and needs to find a dentist. Everywhere in the hotel was spotless and fresh linen and towels were provided most days. There was always a big rush to the sun lounges each morning , resulting in a queue waiting to get out the door, most of them were gone at 8am.
the pool area was very clean and the entertainment was fantastic and included water polo, aqua gym and dancing.
the hotel is only a 10 min walk from the beach and has lovely gift shops and newsagents along the way so plenty of places to buy drinks etc
we also had the jelly fish problem along es cana beach which resulted in no one being able to swim in the sea, but i think these were brought in from the storms (yep it rained a couple of days)
we also went to the hippi market in es cana which was about a 30min walk from the hotel, here you can get all your hand made gifts and have a great time looking around.
It was also my birthday on one of the days during our stay and the receptionist staff were brilliant in organising a birthday cake and a big bottle of champagne, which was an excellent touch.

Generally we had a excellent stay at this hotel and we will definitely return soon!

Regretted booking this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member VladTheInhaler

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a week long stay at this hotel. Firstly, I agree that the food was really bad. We had breakfasts of fryups or pastry. Anything that was left over seemed to return combined with something else for lunch. I can only assume that what was left over from lunch was recycled for dinner because we couldnt recognise any specific dishes. We just kept our heads down but there were quite a few complaints we overheard. Maybe the real chef had died and that was what the "Veal" dish really was. Deserts were mystery green, pink or brown stuff with a variey of cakes again returning from the breakfast menu. Overall zero for effort and imagination.
The reception staff were friendly but not really helpful.
The waiting and cleaning staff were excellent. Maybe they should try their hand at cooking.
Barstaff made a mean cocktail but looked bored.
The kids entertainment was ok, especially the psychotic girl who couln't stop dancing.
The room faced the back of the hotel so no view. It was also the smallest room I have stayed in. Made Travelodge look like the Bellagio penthouse suite. TV, although not used much consisted of Sky News and strange foreign channels. Bathroom was ok but had a magnetic shower curtain that seemed to cling to you like a second skin once the shower was on.
Internet access was dialup therefore slow.
Surroundings of the hotel were pleasant enough but the position of the hotel was strange in that it was at the highest point of the town but still no view of the sea even for the front facing rooms.
Es cana is nice like a seaside town in this country. Lots of shops selling the same stuff, bars, restaurants, nice beach.
What nobody tells you about is the jellyfish problem they have. Small pink ones which give you a nasty sting. This wasn't just located here but also at Cala Longa. It means you cant enjoy a swim so if thats your thing, be warned.
There is a dotto train that does different trips from just down the road and also boat journeys and watersports if your brave.
My advice is to go elsewhere on the Island like Santa Eulalia. Or if you are set on Es Cana, then look at another hotel. The Panorama perhaps or the Caribe which has free Wi-Fi access.

Wonderful holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Louey_Lou

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a week at the Ereso and it was the best holiday we have had. The hotel was brilliant, the staff were friendly, the cleaning staff were good and the hotel itself is clean and in a good location. Near to the centre of Es Cana but not too close to be noisy.

The food was great, there was excellent choice; we stayed half board. Breakfast was a choice of fry up, fruit, pastries or cereals. The evening meal was a wide variety of buffet style and on the Thursday there was a special carvery style evening with a free glass of sangria!

We asked for a sea view and a balcony and got both, we were on the 5th floor and had a fantastic view of the bay and surrounding cliffs.

The hotel itself is just a short walk from the bus stop and taxi rank, and walk for a few more minutes and you can catch the road train or boat to other areas like Santa Euralia which is a slightly bigger resort with a wider choice of shops.

Es Cana beach was wonderful and the sea was lovely and clear. On the first few days of our stay the sea was a little choppy which had brought in a few jellyfish, but a yellow flag flies to warn you to keep an eye out for them. The rest of our stay we swam in crystal clear waters with the green flag flying high. The beach itself, much like the other surrounding beaches have blue flags flying - they are all clean and have lifeguards there 11am- 6pm which makes it more secure for families.

The resort itself is lovely with a good range of shops and bars, but it isn't noisy. We were lucky enough to stay during the fiesta of the patron saint of Es Cana and were treated to the most spectacular firework display I've ever seen! The resort is also cheaper than a lot of the other areas - we hired a scooter and toured the island and were surprised at bar prices in other resorts.

The rooms do not have air-conditioning but have a ceiling fan which is more than adequate to keep the room cool. The bathroom can get a little hot though, so I'd recommend showering with the door open!

We had a great time at this hotel and didn't want to leave. We would definitely go back. I'd recommend this hotel to everyone -it was great value for money, friendly and clean.

What more do you want.

by TripAdvisor Member Vicky90

Just returned from a week at the Ereso, it was perfect for us, me, 44, my Mom 70, mother in law 70 and my 12 yr old.
Plenty to get involved in if you want, the entertainers seem to be around all the time inviting you but not pushy. Lifeguard always on duty and seriously observant. Decent evening entertainment with singers, magicians and dancers and because it is very family orientated we did not get much noise after midnight when everyone seemed to settle down. The rooms were spacious and the whole place was very clean, the food was great, even the grannies could not find fault! A really good place to be based for a no pressure family holiday. Es Cana itself got a bit small after a few days but the bus service is excellent and dead cheap, you can get around the island quite easliy, everyone seems to understand English.

One one word for it - FANTASTIC

by TripAdvisor Member thenelos

On first arriving at the Ereso we were concerned as it faced directy on to the main road. However, our concermed melted away as soon as we stepped inside the hotel.

The hotel was spotlessly clean, the room was large and airy with a large bathroom which was also spotlessly clean. So what if it did not have air conditioning and only had ceiling fans, who wants to stay in their room all day when on holiday.

The food was good and varied and fresh bread was served every night with the evening meal, lovely.

The staff were friendly and the entertainment staff worked tirlessly to keep both adults and children enteretained for at least 10 hours aday. There was also shows on each night which were very good.

Our daughter who will be 6 in September made lots of friends and played in both of the swimming pools for most of the day. We did not have to worry about her getting bored there was far too much to do.

Could go on like this for ever but I would highly recommend this hotel for all.

Comments