2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Carretera de Formento, Pollenca, 07470, Spain
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 137% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

More about Apartments Oro Playa

love the oro playa apartments

by TripAdvisor Member happytravellerleeds

Oro Playa Apartments, Majorca.
Having read some of the previous reveiws after booking this accomodation, left home with some serious doubts about our choice. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised first with the public areas then with our apartment, which was very clean and more than adequate for our needs - 2 adults with one 5yr old. We continued to be impressed with the cleanliness, our apartment was cleaned every day but one, Sunday ,and our towels and bedlinen changed almost every day! The pool was well maintained and the crazy paving surround much safer than the usual tiles, on which we have seen many children and adults have very nasty falls in other locations. The staff were helpful and friendly with the on site entertainers doing their very best to make sure everyone enjoyed themselves. The bathrooms have had the baths and showers replaced and microwave combi ovens installed in new kitchens- therefore be not afraid to venture to these apartments.! Also they are very well placed being within a very short walk of all the resort attractions. As to the resort -it is lovely though eating out can be a little costlier than in some places. We had a lovely holiday and would go back over and over.

loved the oro playa

by TripAdvisor Member THESTRIPPS

we have just got back from our 2nd visit to the oro playa, we all had an exellent time. i can not fault this complex, the apartments were basic but adequete and clean. All the staff were very friendly, and nemo and coco were brilliant entertainment for both kids and adults, nemo the mad italian done a very amusing bingo i never thought i'd enjoy bingo so much, and coco's mini disco was very good, other entertainment included robbie williams and elvis acts which were both enjoyable nights. we meet some great people that we look forward to seeing soon
we definatly would like to return to the oro playa
sarah justin kieran and ben

Great apartments!

by TripAdvisor Member debb199

I have just returned from a week at the Oro Playa apartments in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca.

The apartment was basic, but spotlessly clean. It was of a standard layout - bedroom with twin beds, bathroom with over-bath style shower and a kitchen/dining room/sitting room with patio doors leading to a balcony. The kitchen had new looking appliances (electric kettle and toaster) and there was also an oven (which we didn't use) as well as 2 electric hobs. The two sofas in the sitting room could have been used as children's beds. One major bonus was the air conditioning - blissful to come into a cool apartment after the heat of sunny Majorca!

The apartments have plenty of facilities - supermarket, bar, breakfast room, swimming pool, pool tables, table tennis, darts board, internet etc. There was also entertainment in the evenings which finished around 11.30pm. There was also an onsite entertainer who was very enthusiastic! All the staff were friendly and helpful.

The apartments could do with a lick of paint, but everything seemed clean and well maintained. We saw a few ants, but as we washed up once we'd eaten and wiped the kitchen surfaces, they weren't a problem.

My only complaint would be about the sun loungers by the pool. Every morning, people would be queuing up to wait for the loungers to be unlocked, leave towels on a handful of loungers and disappear for hours on end while others had nowhere to sit. The hotel brochure says that towels will be removed from unoccupied loungers, but I saw no evidence of this. As there obviously aren't enough loungers for everyone staying at the hotel, the management should try and do something to tackle the problem.

Great apartments!

by TripAdvisor Member buffycrazy

I booked a late holiday staying at the Oro Playa apartments and must admit I was a bit nervous of what I might find after reading several bad reviews. But what can I say ... they were actually the best apartments we've stayed in! I know each apartment itself will be different but ours was fine. Yes, there were a few cracks on the walls here and there but that didn't exactly spoil my holiday! I was impressed that you had air conditioning which you control yourself, you get a toaster (not all places provide that), a microwave which looked more like a combi-oven type one, even the piped music impressed me!! Everything was clean. The staff working here were always very friendly and helpful. Yes, the entertainment was a bit cringy but hey, that's the type of thing I'd expect on holiday - not as if you're paying to go to a concert, so what do you expect! Always seemed to be a lot of people staying around the place at night so it can't have been that bad - and of course, if you don't like the entertainment then you just go elsewhere - simple! The sunbeds were hysterical though. You're not allowed to use the sunbeds before 9.30am. On the first morning there I woke up around 8.15am and there were people queuing already for the sunbeds!! This happened every day ... and when 9.30am arrived they'd grab the sunbeds, drape their towels across and then go back in their apartments, hysterical !! Don't know why people wouldn't rather go to the beach - much better! Anyhow, to anyone who's a bit worried about these apartments, I'd say don't be - as long as you don't expect the world, you'll be fine and may be pleasantly surprised like we were. The apartments are also in a great position - everything within easy reach and seemed better than some of the apartments which were right above shops/bars etc.

'Not for teenagers'

by TripAdvisor Member fnpnireland

Apts were dated but clean and several changes of towels and linen during the week.
Yes the beds were 'unchained' at 10 am and quickly covered in towels,not people!l counted approx 100 beds and 4 parasols-certainly not enough to cater for the number of residents.l'd hate to see it at full capacity.Unfortunately there was no other shaded area which didn't suit us as we are fairskinned so didn't sit once at pool.
Apts located 1 minute from Pine Walk beach which had natural shaded areas and was like Heaven on earth to us!Also near the town square and any number of fantastic restuarants.
Not suited for 12-18 yr olds as entertainment poor and the internet switched OFF at 12 midnight which would be teenagers ideal time for going on Bebo and Msn-mine were not impressed.Would go back to puerto pollensa and Oro Playa but not with teenagers.

Holiday Ma 2007

by TripAdvisor Member quilpie

Ok where do I start? We were wondering what kind of holiday we were going to have after reading the mixed reviews on this site. We went to Ora Playa for 1 x week May 1st 2007. Now we did have a bargain holiday 3 of us, me my husband & son of 4 years & our holiday including transfers & leaving the car at the air port for a week was only £407 however now having vistied & stopped at the Oro Playa I would pay more. The review below.... I have stopped at Butlins & there I needed to complain at the Ora Playa I did not. I think people should maybe price up flight only to Palma & see exactly how much of there holiday cost actually is for the accomodation before they slate it. You arrive at the Oro Playa - the reception area has a family room/lounge attached where some of the entertainment is delivered - there are apartments above this so if you do have small children or intend trying o get your head dow before midnight it may be a good idea when booking your holidays, like we did, to ask to be situated away from the entertainment. The bar & entertainment did close at midnight during our stay, there are always some stragllers left propping up the bar or making their own entertainment - some nights I dare say we were some of them but surely you can not blame this on the Oro Playa..... Now you come out the rear of the reception & you will find a childrens pool & adult pool & basically the blocks of apartments are situated around this so yes you do have to walk around the pool & any bathers when you arrive or leave with your suitcases but there is plenty of room so what is the big deal about that? I think it is quite nice & central & nearly everyone has a pool view which is nice if you have older children who whilst can amuse themselves on the resort you can also sit on or check on them from your balcony. Now the accomodation - yes it is basic & obvious that they do not refurnish the apartments every year - but who in business would? Our apartment was spotlessly clean - ask yourself what self catering means in the uk - you dont get jack only the roof above your head when at the Oro Playa - our apartment was cleaned daily with the beds made each day, fresh towels & toilet rolls everyday & the bed linen replaced 3 times in the week. Yes we did get a few ants on our balcony but that is nature I would make sure that all traces of any food/spillages is wiped up thoroughly promptly especially if in a bottom floor apartment like we were - however is this not common sense? We mentioned to the reception we had a few ants & they give us spray & sent a cleaner back to our apartment to deal with any the spray had not - excellent service. All the staff where very friendly & helpful - not 1 x complaint it that department. As we visited as soon as the resort had opened at the beginning of the season the entertainment & all staff were still feeling their feet, putting plans etc together & most of the staff were new including holiday reps however they gave it 100% & were very attentive - my little boy really enjoyed te holiday & in the 1 x week we were there grew very attached to the entertainers as they were brilliant with the kids. My husband says this is the best holiday he has ever had - normally once he has read the paper in the morning he cant sit still but on this holiday he managed to relax, take it easy chill out & unwind which is what holidays are for. As a comparible for you my husband said this £400 holiday is the best he has ever had & we went to New Zealand last year stopping off at LA on the way there for a few days & doing Disneyland & then stopping off at LA again on the way back for a few days & doing Hollywood, Universal studios etc I think that speaks volumes. Oh yes failed to mention that the apartments are a stones throw away from the beach & all they cafes bars etc not like some places that say they are & then you need to get youur hiking boots out! We would definately go & stop at the Oro Playa again however we will do more saving before we do because we spent a small fortune in the 1 x week we were there - thanks to th Euro things just aint cheep anymore - when you arrive if you want to get some basics in I recommend going right into town (only 10 mins walk) to get your shopping as the little local shops are expensive - oh yes failed to mention that the meals we had around the pool/bar area at the Ora Playa were lovely & excellent value for money - recommended.

enjoyable holiday!?

by TripAdvisor Member JenGlasgow

I was part of a group of 6 young people in the age range of 20-21 looking for a relaxing holiday after university exams. We had an excellent holiday, however, we did encounter a couple of problems, which people considering this accomidation should be vary of. The holiday couldnt be described as a bargin and for this reason we expected a little more than we got, having paid £454 for two weeks self catering.

We stayed in appartment K21, which was basic but clean(cleaned every two days with fresh towels and bedding changed once or twice a week) and there were only a few ants daily!

The appartments are in an excellent location, only one street back from the beach and 5 min walk to the town centre.

There was also an onsite mini supermarket, which was good value for money and certainly cheaper than the shops on the front.

Guests did tend to reserve sun loungers, however, this wasnt a problem as there were still plenty to go around.

There were many daily activities laid on, and we participated in the riffle shooting and water polo.

However, 5 days into our 14 night stay, with continually rising temperatures, it became very difficult and uncomfortable to sleep at night. The air conditioning vents simply recirculated the warm air in the room.

The following morning we contacted reception to be told that the air conditioning we thought we had paid for was broken, yet it remained on in the reception area!?!? We questioned this, and were then told that it was not broken, but that it was centrally controlled and the manager of the hotel did not have the authority to turn it on.

We then approached the reps who advised us that it would require 60 out of the 120 appartments to request / complain about the heat before they would consider turing it on. We started a petition and collected rooms and names from around the pool side explaining the situation, however the 27 rooms were not enough and the air condition was not turned on that evening.

The following day, we went to make an official complaint to the reps, as we were so uncomfortable and felt little was being done to resolve the situation. We were told it should be on by 6pm that day and it was.

However, speaking to families around the poolside, we discovered that many guests had to complain and some even contacted the direct holidays emergency line, as the hotel and reps were so slow in resolving the situation.

This is unlikely to be a problem in the peak summer months, however, it is worth taking into consideration when booking in early or late season!

Thus said, I would definately return to Puerto Pollensa, maybe not the Oro playa, unless it was really a bargin, but we had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday! :)

avoid at all costs

by TripAdvisor Member joneseyLeeds

I booked a 7 night stay June 04 07 , for my partner and I and our 2 kids aged 9 and 6. Having seen some of the previous reviews I was very anxious, so I took the precaution of booking alternative accommodation( Leo apartments). I'd tried to cancel the day after I'd booked but was told that I would lose £550 deposit. The only other accommodation Airtours had in the resort was all-inclusive, which we did not want.
We arrived by transfer coach to find the complex looking very tired and drab. I checked in but explained to the rep and reception that we may not be staying. The reception staff were very nice and helpful. We had a look at our room and quickly realised that I'd made the right decision booking an alternative. The bathrooms fixtures and fittings were outdated and rusty, there was a broken glass panel in the bedroom, and a light shade hanging off.The curtain pole in the living room was coming loose and there was a wall light without a shade. The accommodation was quite small and tired looking. We stayed in our alternative accommodation apart from the last night as we were anxious not to miss the early morning transfer coach. The entertainment is indeed terrible , my son said of the children's entertainer 'What kid would want to listen to that?'.
The pool area is shabby and depressing. To summarise , not worth one Star never mind the three stars it is advertised as.

enjoyable family holiday

by TripAdvisor Member TheSharps

We have just arrived back from the Ora Playa and we loved every minute of it. The location is excellent, the staff are very polite and the entertainment staff were second to none, Coco and Nemo the entertainers made our stay the best we have had since having family holidays 6 years ago. There is no question that we will be going back in the future because we enjoyed it so much. We met loads of friends including the employees. A massive thank you to Coco and Nemo. Marsh,Louisa,Josh&Ellie

Stay well clear

by TripAdvisor Member lesley2293

We booked out holiday with Airtours and was so looking forward to it, as it was our first wedding anniversary. How disappointed could we have been. We paid for an apartment with a pool view, but when we walked into our apartment and pulled back the curtains we were greeted with a TREE. The same view from the balcony. The apartment was covered with ants, the patio door wouldnt close, the air conditioning didnt work, tiles were cracked. It was disgusting. We spent the whole week out of our apartment, only coming back to shower and change.
I really couldnt wait to leave, and believe me if we could have afforded other accomodation, we would have taken it.
My recomendation is DONT STAY HERE