Sa Mola, s/n, Calas de Majorca, 07689, Spain

Despegar.com Hotelsclick.com

Costs 74% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• jimgibson4's Profile Photo

A Diamond on the Majorcian Isle

We both found our stay at the Romani a posative delight, all inclusive means all inclusive at this venue. We booked this hotel online through Hotels.com traveling through Easy Jet. It was billed as a three star but if I'm honest this should be higher, the service and accomidation was great. Everything from the food to the bars and pool was top rated in our opinion.
    On our arrival well after midnight we were greeted by the duty manager who booked us in and as we had travelled all day asked if there was a place locally where we could get something to eat, he replied yes we have a annes to our restaurant that is open at night for arrivals and depaturers. This was easily found with the aid of his instructions and a feast of cold meats and cheeses with fresh bread of every sort were available to us.
    The only complaint about this hotel was we didn't stay long enough, we had booked a seven day stay but we would have been happier with more.

Unique Quality: Our room was basic but thats good as we only sleep there so this is not an issue. The towels were changed every day by very helpfull maids. After our first night as we had only one pillow on each of the beds we asked the maid if we could have a spare pillow as my wife suffers from a stiff neck and within a couple of minutes she returned with two extra pillows.
    The best feature of this hotel has to be the food and the quality and the quantity of the same. We both love our food but even at home we tend to have possibly two to three meals a day with one meal being the evening one which is usually hot but here we had a cooked breakfast in the morning then a three course meal at lunch time followed by another three courses at about eight in the evening. We were much impressed by the way the food was presented and the variation of food that was available at every meal.

More about Club Cala Romani

A great cheap getaway

by TripAdvisor Member DuVLeicester

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a week at the Cala Romani hotel in Calas de majorca and after reading the reviews we decided to have an open mind and just enjoy being on holiday. Well we weren't disappointed, the place was extremely clean and well presented. The rooms are basic but they are clean which is what you want. There is a good variety of food on offer thoughout the day, always chips and different types of meat along with salad, pizza and pasta. The drinks are not watered down, I found myself telling the bar person to not put so much in most of the time, I would recommend the baileys out there, its lovely.
Entertainment team were very good, there are activities run throughout the day for all ages, its definately a family place but we enjoyed it all the same. Of the evening entertainment shows we watched we would both recommend the 'Kenya Boys', I've never seen such elastic men, they were amazing!!
Plenty of sunbeds around the pool and 3 big pools to go in. The location of the hotel is ideal, its only a few mins walk to the town centre but far enough away not to hear all the noise when you're trying to sleep at night.
All in all we had a really good time, the weather was really good and we would definately go back but maybe when we have children to take with us.

romani

jus arrived bk from the romani hotel stayed a week was enough. rooms very smalll for 3 no air con altho can rent a fan but was told this day b4 leavin. hotel very clean and tidy. pool area lots of beds good entertainment all day for the kids. some staff seemed pretty rude complained on several occasions on how much u could drink.

food was okish seemed preety much same does have long ques.
snack room is same stuff as dinner and tea food.

lifts small for wheel chairs but good access every where else.

had a hiccup over miss laid passports. beach walkin distance which is nice but small and local shops are friendly people and nice.out side loos not to good...for the money we paid dnt think was all worth it. night time entertainment was ok for the kids ..wouldn go bk to this perticular hotel

Livin' in the getto ........

The CCR is typical Brits abroad stuff - if you like bright red sunburned skinheads with tattoos, union jack pants etc all over the place then its the place for you. Throw in some germans, italians etc and you get the picture. i had a good holiday, in spite of the hotel rather than because of it.
The hotel has at least 400 rooms (none air conditioned even if your travel agent tells you they are, like ours did!). It's like staying in a council estate! The rooms are small, ours had ants, and there's little space to store stuff.

Food is standard all inclusive fare - queues to get in at lunch more often than not, although tables readily available at other times. Had to queue every now and then for food for most meals. If you like salad you won't go hungry, other meals hit and miss, although chefs special rice was good.
Hotel entertainment has mostly an Italian (called Volando) theme, and they love dancing together round the pool - quite funny really. Cheesy loud music round the main pool most times of the day. Plenty of sun loungers but very crowded. Pools seemed big enough to cope though. (There are three). Grounds tidied everyday and generally well presented.
Children's small pool near the playground was excellent - quiet, plenty of shade and very safe, good playground too (installed when property used to be Aguamar, exclusive for Thomas Cook (JMC/Sunworld)) - swings, slide, safety floor in good condition etc etc.
Some staff are very nice (young man at bar gave me two shot glasses of beer when i asked for two small beers) - others are down right rude. Be careful to make sure you get receipts for all the deposits you pay for keys and fans - lady on reception loves the word "impossible" and is very rude.

Resort was okay - sandy beach very nice although a little crowded - people almost sunbathing in the sea. Lots of shops and touristy stuff - good for kids if you have them and food available very British. Most of the restaurants also try and become clubs/karaoke venues at around 10ish - a bit strange really.

Highlights of my holiday were trips to resort of Portocolom and Aqualand and Marineland (excelllent dolphin show).

Would i go back? - no to the CCR, yes to Mallorca.

Look somewhere else !

by TripAdvisor Member alanoblue

The review written by the people from Leicestershire is spot on.

If you want a holiday where the rooms are basic, without air con and hot (you need the fan hire in hot weather), where some of the staff have no customer consideration at all and are indeed offensive, where people throw all sorts of underwear, food etc. out of their windows, then this is the place for you.

The food is not bad but at the end of the week it gets a bit boring, there are however some restaurant/café’s in the village which are OK.

The resort is OK, but the beach is packed (purely due to the number of large hotels).

There are some nice trips to Porto Colom, Porto Christo and the ‘Aqua’ tours of course.

Majorca yes, but this hotel a big NO.

well worth it

by TripAdvisor Member Tonytop

After reading the review "CCR in the ghetto" I thought it was worth giving my opinion. We visited CCR in 2004 and 2005, in 2004 we stayed in a studio apartment which slept up to 4. This apartment really was small but if you adopt the opinion its somewhere to sleep well its not all bad. In 2005 we booked a 2 bedroom apartment that was well worth it. 2 separate bedrooms leading onto the same balcony. Throughout both trips we found the bar staff to be in abundanceand very helpful, the food to be well worth it and plenty of it. If you miss your main meal don't worry the snack bar is always on the go. Please bear in mind the this is a family orientated resort and whilst their were alot of children around the 3 pools their was always somehwere away from the pool where it was quieter. The beach isn't all that far away and you can catch a boat that goes up to Porto Christo which is lovely. Lots of things for the kids to do and the entertainment is all family based.

Well worth it and would thoroughly recommend it.

Lovely pools & clean rooms... shame about no air-con

by TripAdvisor Member heidi0378

After reading mixed reviews on here, i kind of went here with an open mind. It took 2hrs 15mins coach transfer to get here after dropping at every hotel ours was the last! We weren't given much info on arrival about what goes on at the hotel but we dropped our luggage into the room & went off into the town which is only a 10min walk away & quite pleasant. Disappointed with the fact there was no air-con which was stated in the booking although you can hire a fan from reception. The meals are ok, there were 2 adults + 3 kids on our hol and only my daughter (who is fussy anyway) struggled to find much to eat. We all had an upset tum at some point but i think perhaps a mixture of the heat (49c when we were there) & a change in food was to blame & it didn't last more than a few hours. For breakfast there was no toast or toaster, most mornings there were no proper sausages just fried frankfurters. The drinks could be better, the machines in the restaurant used to be pumping out weak juice come the end of each mealtime & the bar drinks become tiresome with San Miguel, Coke, Grenadine, their idea of orange juice (very concentrated squash in my opinion), peach schnapps, o and expect to pay 2 euros at the bar here for bottled water it's not free. The pools were gorgeous & very clean, music playing most of the day which was a bit for everyone, just before lunch the reps would do a dance round the smallest pool & lots of guests would get up and copy the dance routines - that was good to see. They have a shop on-site which sells most things and the bottled water is cheaper than the bar at 1.15 euros! There are plenty of shops in the town which i would recommend for any groceries though.

For the kids, if yours are happy with the pool then they will be ok but the spaces in the kids club (older kids) are limited, and for the little ones the Volando club is run by Italian speaking reps only! My children did get fed up at night here, there is a mini-club with entertainment til about 10pm, then a disco after that, there is no smoking in that particular room either. I think the entertainment should be outside to keep adults & children happy! But if you are prepared to put your hand in your pocket, there are plenty of arcade games (pool tables, crane machines, video games) to pay for them to play on outside!!!

The beach is about a 20min walk which is downhill on the way, uphill & tiring back but well worth a visit, lovely waters where you can see the little shoals of fish swimming around, also lots of locals diving off the cliffs.

Don't know much about things to do out of the village but we had a nice time with what we did.

If this hotel was not just HB or AI we would definitely return as we did not enjoy this part of the holiday but everything else was fine hotel was very clean, staff were reasonably friendly but didn't speak much English & it was stressful trying to get through to them.

Overall, this hotel & area was well worth a visit & i can see why families go back time & time again (a few we spoke to had been back 5-6 times). Depends what you want from a holiday really.

Too many Germans/Italians

by TripAdvisor Member poo2221222

Food kept coming out into the extremely busy restaurant like a factory pumping it out, rudest germans and italians I have ever seen. Nice swimming pool but full of 'P' no doubt! Evenings entertainment left a lot to be desired, the spirits were rubbish and you only get a small water cup full of beer, and your only allowed one at any time! Pleasant staff, rooms very basic but ok. Kids everywhere!! you cant move for bumping into them! Lovely beach down the path though, a must see.

All in all I'd say about a slightly generous 6/10

holiday from hell

by TripAdvisor Member deanhannington

arrived to be greeted by the rudest man ever,got key went to the room and then came back down to complain about the size of our box .
the food was dire,the pool was excellent although very busy,the piped music was two loud speakers which was full volume and very annoying.
the majority of other holidaymakers were rude italian,spanish and german.
the entertainment were all italian staff so not much for us brits
i wouldnt reccomend this hotel to my worst enemie and as for the tour operator medinland they are a joke the transfer to the airport was overbooked so ended with a slanging match with the driver and near violence all while my two kids were screaming with fear

What are they moaning at?!?!?!?!?!

by TripAdvisor Member dsgswg

I struggled to book to go to CCR as the reviews on here were so very different. In the end I thought I would take the chance. I went with my son aged 9 and daughter aged 5, along with my wife. We had an appartment and there was loads of room!! 2 rooms so we didnt see the kids at night! A large balcony accessible from both rooms and a nice sized bathroom. The place was very clean, the staff were always cleaning! I am quite fussy and I really cannot find anything to moan about. I am amazed at some reviews on here as they are WRONG beyond belief! No TV's in rooms, I think you could hire one but I was only too pleased to get away from the telly!

Hotel: Its not pretty as its plain! but I didnt go to look at a hotel!
Clean, towels changed lots! maid service EVERY day. Reception staff, not the best but treat them with politness and you will get what you need. If you dont ask you dont get! We were told by the bar staff that we needed a card for the all inclusive bit. So we went to reception asked for a card a got one! They should have done this on check in but hey it was hard to ask!

All Inclusive: Drinks...I was expecting syrup like pumped coke etc...cheap spirits etc...NOPE Pepsi, Fanta, Sprite and the Vodka was Smirnoff. The measures were hugh...I had to tell them when to stop with the vodka and my wife was drinking Irish Cream, (Baileys) one glass was about 4+ shots in this country. Beer was served in smalll glasses in the evenings but if you asked for it in the large Pepsi cups they gave it to you. I would normally go up to the bar be served in a minute or two and get drinks for all for of us and sometimes some other people we met! It is NOT 1 drink at a time, this is total rubbish!

Food: for the money I again thought what more can you ask for! Chips, potatoes of a type, lots of pasta every meal....a couple of different meats, fish dish, pizza, loads of salad, rolls, more little tubs of ice cream than you can imagine! I put on loads of weight!!
Breakfast is cooked and cereal and fruit etc etc no toast available but I didnt miss it there was loads! Yes after 2 weeks of the food you look forward to coming home to eat but what do you want for £2000 for 2 weeks for 4 people!!! Down side is there are too many RUDE people, and I am pleased to say that is was mainly the other nationalities rather than English that were rude. Pushing and not polite at all. Time it right and you do not need to queue! Go when every one else does and expect to queue!! Common sense really!

Entertainment: In general better than good! Things going on pretty much all day for adults and children. I went shooting and archery. My son went kids shooting, 5 a side football, tennis. Kids disco most evenings at 8pm, then music or bingo or awards given out for the days activity winners then 10pm a show of some sort. Mostly very good, like The Kenyan Boys, who were amazing! A few nights werent so good but if you dont like it get up and walk out like we did, they all try hard to entertain the guests and I cannot knock them one bit. Staff are extremely friendly and very very helpful. They played a song before the show each evening and my kids like it so we asked what it was, the staff did everything to find out and found us around the pool to let us know.

Pools: 4 in total! 1 is a small kiddy pool which is away from the others in the play area, we didnt use this one as its for very small kids, but it looked fine. then there are 3 pools next to each other all made to look like a beech, with sand effect leading into deeper water. This is excellent for kids like my daughter who cah swim with arms bands and like the assurance of the floor! You walk in and stop when you are getting out of your depth. No diving in any of the pool s as the depest is 1.5metres. Nice clean pools though. Lilos ARE allowed! even though some people have written they are not! I left mine at home as these revews said no lilos only to find you are allowed so I bought yet another lilo!

Town: Very short walk but far enough away not to see or hear it! Small shopping area with the normal rubbish you find on holiday! There is an internet cafe there but only has 6 or so computers so hard at times to get on. Hotel had 2 PC's but no mic or web cam. Bits for kids to do like the arcades and bungy trampolining (6 euros)

I spent about £400 in 2 weeks and that included a meal out for my sons birthday and a day out to the water park, which my kids and both my wife and I enjoyed. It cost us 106 Euros but others got it cheaper so try to haggle. Very good day out though. From 0845-1800.

The drive to the airport/hotel is 1 hour, we paid a little extra to have a private minibus so we got to the hotel before the coaches and were checked in and unpacked before the coach arrived with other guests! Well worth it!

We flew by Air Birlin who were very very good and CHEAP! Didnt expect anything on the flight, got a free drink each and a roll.

There is a pupose bulit path to the beech..yes is slightly down hill on the way and the walk in NO more than 10 minutes and my kids did not maon once! So it wasnt that long/bad! Down hill on the way means up hill on the way back! OR you can do what we done and get on the train looking bus! which took a few minutes back to the hotel or the town area!

All in all we all enjoyed our hliday...WELL worth £2K. Dont go if your not a family as this is a FAMILY hotel/resort. DONT go if you dont like to listen to music or children playing, and dont go if you want waiter service and totally new mnues every day..pay far more and go to a 5 star hotel for old grumpy people!

DO GO if you want a nice cheap family holiday, I would say 7-10 days is perfect, 2 weeks the kids were getting a little bit home sick! I booked through Fleetway travel. No problems!

calas de mallorca

by Bevphelan

Hi there
We have booked to go to the Club Cala Romani in May next year. Has anyone been to this hotel or even this resort. We have been to Majorca before and we are hiring a car so we can visit other places too so if anyone has any tips on nice places to go we are in our late 40's so don't really need any nightclubs thank you. Just boring nice places to visit.

Thanks