C/ Alta esquina -C/ Pineda , Urb Torrenova, Palma Nova, 07181, Spain

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 111% more and rated 15% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Palma Nova Sun

I stayed here for a week with my man in September. We had a great time, the hotel is nice, clean and good value. We were on an all-inclusive holiday but we didnt eat there all the time as I didnt think much of the food. There was nightly entertainment which seemed to be popular with the guests, we usually went out to one of the local bars, we did catch some traditional dancers which were excellent.

Unique Quality: We had a great view of the sea from out balcony, the perfect thing to wake up to!

More about Hotel Honolulu

wish we were still there

I stayed at the Honolulu June 04 and all i can say is it was the best holiday ive ever had. The hotel itself was clean and tidy the housekeepers did a fantastic job! The food was really scrummy i ate my fair share and what can i cay about the free drinks all day other than BURP!! The entertainment was very good i won the bingo the last night i was there 150 euros. The entertainers were really friendly especially Martin and Vinnie they made our stay really enjoyable all in all i give this hotel and holiday 100/100 i cant wait to book up again next year!!

overall was ok

I literally got home today after a two week stay at the Honolulu and can honestly say that on the whole my stay their with my partner was ok.

I found the staff to be really helpful and friendly, i think its a case of treat them how you want to be treated youself. if you want to be rude expect to receive the same treatment. entertainment was varied some really good acts and some really cheesy stuff aswell but the actual entertainers in the hotel are really friendly and always game for a laugh.

The hotel is very dated but the room we stayed on the 7th floor was kept immaculate, clean towels daily and linen changed twice weekly. Air-con did work fine but what do people expect it to work like in the heat and temp's expected.

Although the plastic cups are a bit of a pain it is understandable why they have them due to the sheer amount of drinks that are consumed by customers. i personally would not like the idea of glasses around the pool area.

I did think that the hotel was for families and couples so i will not lie that there were stag and hen groups arriving for 3 day stays but on the whole the majority did behave.

The food was not great but there was plenty of it, it was very much the case that it was more or less the same thing everyday (thats what it did feel like anyway) BUT a survey was taken whilst staying there and changes were being made and put into practice by having themed nights.

If you do have children please be wary around the pool, the surface is very slippery and children and adults alike were constantly falling, but the beaches are lovely if you do fancy a change. There is a sun lounger issue in that if you don't put your towels on by 9 at the very latest you will struggle for space around the pool.

The bungee next to the hotel was not half as bad as what has been made out, yes it is on the door step but it did not bother us at all. i would not recommend this place to people with walking difficulties!!!

palma nova is really nice and relaxing and has some beautiful restaurants particularly the son matias gardens, so don't feel the need to stay confined to the hotel also highly reccomend golf fantasia in palma nova fantastic value for money caters for all ages and the surroundings were truely beautiful.

On the whole take the Honolulu as you find it and enjoy your stay but do not make your expectations too high. On the whole i loved palma nova and magaluff as you have the best of both worlds, busy nightlife or a stroll along the beach; but i would not stay in the honolulu again it was simply ok.

hope this was helpful.

What more?

It may be older than some, it may be in need of a facelift. But this hotel is pleasant and what more do you need on a holiday in Magaluf?

The staff were friendly - I assure you they will cater to your every want - and they gave my friends and I a wonderful holiday!~

Old fashioned but nice.

family hotel no way

by TripAdvisor Member sj0105

holiday from hell .just got back worst hotel we have ever stayed in not for families as advertised
full of youngsters.food very basic and boring.staff not very friendly.not to be recommended.

Holiday From Hell

This Hotel is a nightmare. We arrived on the 18th June 2004 for a fortnight and returned home within 8 days!

This is not a family hotel as advertised. It's full of young teens on holiday. The first two floors of the hotel are dedicated rooms only to them.

The food is that bad that we had to eat out. (at extra cost as this was all inclusive holiday)
My six year old son and husband were i'll for the first three days after a meal in the restuarant. One guest had actually spent three days in hospital.

We left after 8 days to come home even though our tour operator was unwilling to help (THOMSONS) and had to use another company at the cost of 270 euro's. Small price to get home.

I'm now in the process of writing to Watchdog as the response I'm getting from THOMSONS is pathetic.
But don't let me put you off going. Just read the list below on what to expect though.

1.Full of hen and stag parties
2.People kicking you door at 5 in the morning asking to climb over your balcony onto theirs.
3.Guys urinating behind the pool bar or on your balcony
4.Couples having sex in the pool late at night.
5.The noise and foul language is unbearable
6.Drugs being offered to the youngsters around the pool side
7.No kids menu. ice cream only available at meal times.
8.Blood on balcony which was never cleaned up.
9.Guests setting of fireworks from the roof of hotel.

This "Family" holiday cost me £1800 all inclusive.

Please also note that this hotel is so bad and THOMSONS know it that they have withdrew it from there 2005 brochure.

Beware if booking with other tour operators.

Comments