Calle de Duc Estremera 6, Palma Nova, 07180, Spain

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 38% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

~ Perfect Location On the Beach ~

I stayed at this hotel when i was at college studying travel & tourism there were a huge group of us & we were all staying on the same floor which was great. The hotel looked fantastic from outside, its set right on the beachfront & is close to the main resort of Palma & also the livelier resort of Magaluf which is great for a night out.
    id recommend this hotel to anyone, it is perfect for all ages, mainly mature couples & groups in the winter but good for the younger ages in the summer.

Unique Quality: This hotel is based on Half board, i dont normally like half board as its the same food almost every night but the food here is fabulous, lots of choice to pick from & the desserts are to die for... you will definetly be going home abit heavier hehe.
    The inside pool is great for the winter months too, its a nice size & there is also a jacuzzi which is great after a day out walking around Palma.

There is tea & coffee facilities available in all the rooms too so no need to take you travel kettle.

More about Santa Lucia Hotel

We usually rent privately

by TripAdvisor Member liliana0

Hotel Santa Lucia Palma Nova Majorca
October 18th to 24th 2007
We absolutely loved this hotel, even though we usually rent privately owned accommodation for a bit of luxury.
The hotel was immaculate in a beautiful setting, right on the beach. The food was very nice with plenty of choice , even Sunday dinner with yorkshire pudding.
We had fantastic sea views from the balcony of our room, we were literally surrounded by sea, amazing. The room was very adequate. The nice bathroom had a really powerful shower over the bath with the water nice and hot at all times, and clean towels everyday.
We found the hotel to be very peaceful at night, could be the time of year though. There are alot of older aged people there, but it wasn't a problem, as some have mentioned, I personally think
they have more respect and the hotel reflects this.
We were lucky with the weather but it was cold in the evenings.
We would definately go back to this hotel .
Thankyou Thompson and Thankyou Hotel Santa Lucia

Great hotel - Great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Carol17

Just spent two weeks at this great hotel. From 19 July - 2 Aug 2007.The rooms were spacious and clean, the food was really good and plentiful and the staff were superb.The only downside is that you can't book the hotel yourself you have to book with Thomson travel. When you see a pic of the hotel then that's what you get. A fantastic hotel that strides two bays with two great pools and two excellent beaches just seconds away. I will definitely be returning next year. The hotel is very much a family hotel and our teenage daughter met some lovely friends. I'm a wheelchair user and was very pleased with my disabled room and to find a few other wheelchair users which was a bonus!

beautiful sea view rooms on the beach

by TripAdvisor Member get_in_the_van

Unique Qualities: This hotel is based on Half board, i dont normally like half board as its the same food almost every night but the food here is fabulous, lots of choice to pick from & the desserts are to die for... you will definetly be going home abit heavier hehe.

Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member steveandjulie

Found this hotel to be in the best location in Palma Nova in between two beaches, and can see why people return to it over and over again. While we were there the hotel was more popular with the older generation but i didnt mind this as they are alot quieter than the 18 to 30's. When we checked in everyone was asking for a pool view i found the sun was on that side. The food was okay but have had alot better. I noticed the waitresses spent alot of time just standing and chatting and wernt the best which spolit it for me a bit. (Judge for yourself). Fried eggs were always cold for some reason?

With the rooms we were on the end of the block and had a wall between the next room so very quiet but alot of the rooms have an adjoining door so you can hear the people next door.

I still cant understand why people like to queue to put towels on the sunbeds.

The Welcome Meeting was good and the Thompson reps helpful. The Pirate Show was excellent.

Overall not a bad break .

really good 3* hotel

by TripAdvisor Member gerryhank

Just returned from the santa lucia in palma nova great hotel ,my only complaint is that the food although plentiful and a good choice it was not always hot, ever tried cold pork meatballs with curry sauce irest my case. weather was fantastic for sept in the mid 30,s,would go to same hotel again but fancy trying the son matais just up the road which looked really nice and no kids under 16. plenty of bars and resteraunts just outside the hotel try the 3 brothers for cheap drinks brandy+ mixer 3euros 50, hired a car for three days and done the west of the island you have got to see valdermosa up the mountain road nervy drive but well worth the stress. also went up to alcudia great beaches and good hotels. cant wait to get back to palma nova great place great people great holiday. by the way forget the pool the saddos que from 7 in the morning doors dont open till 8 why bother when you have to great beaches just outside the door and you have a lot more space and the sea is warmer than the pool it was bloody freezing and to cramped.

Brilliant Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Dreamholidays

Have just returned from the Santa Lucia Hotel in Palma Nova and was more than pleasantly surprised - it actually looked like it did in the brochure!! It is very centrally situated with no more than 100 yards either side of the hotel to get to a beautiful beach.

Swimming pool area not very large but the terrace area on first floor gives more space - but they need to renew a lot of the sunloungers here - lying on large strips of plastic all day doesn't do your bones any good! - get padding for them or put more of the loungers that they had round the pool on the terrace. Perhaps they should also consider repairing the decking too.

Rooms were nice and clean with towels changed every day - another bonus! All rooms also had a fridge which was very welcome to keep water and soft drinks in. Balconies not very large but more than adequate and really quite private.

Lounge was very spacious with a small quiet reading room off it. Cafe was really great and food very good. Dining room was always clean and a good choice of food especially in the evening. Why was the bacon and fried eggs always cold at breakfast even when just brought from the kitchen? This does definitely need to be sorted out.

Cocktail lounge was a really nice stopping off point at night for a nightcap. Entertainment in here was limited to two guys from 12 midnight to 1.30am with a 15-minute break! They need to review this as it was a bit samey if you wanted to go in each night. Perhaps more choice of easy-going entertainment here.

The entertainment in the bar lounge for the most part in the evenings was very good - but why only for one hour? If it had finished at midnight then those not wanting to go straight to bed would probably have headed straight into the cocktail bar. 11pm is just a little bit early - even for those older clients of which there were many.

However I still think the hotel is excellent value. The employees were all very helpful and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone - young or old. I had a great two weeks and the weather was marvellous into the bargain - so all in all a great choice.

Excellent holiday hotel

by TripAdvisor Member whatevernext

My wife and I returned to the Santa Lucia after 2 years and was pleasantly surprised to find it was still a first class hotel, we were surprised because some reports were less than flattering.

Check in was swift and pleasant, my wife was dealing with the receptionist when he asked if we had been guests there before, I said oh yes, he looked up and instanly said ah yes sir I remember you, how are you welcome back..

The room was very clean and well maintained, although it was the end of the summer season I could not fault a thing.

The bathroom was well appointed and spacious.

I agree the lifts are a little tired, again though they were clean and fresh.

No complaints about the dining room or the food, plus as in every department of the hotel the staff were very happy and polite.

By our own choice we did not use the pool or entertainment, bars etc

To sum up we had a wonderful holiday in ideal surroundings assisted by marvelous staff, thanks to all concerned.

Would we return to Santa Lucia - Yes, would we reccommend
the Hotel to others - Yes.

Very Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member IMB-Cheshire

The Santa Lucia is a very tidy hotel in the heart of Palma Nova.

The food was excellent and the rooms were great.

The pool are got a bit busy and we were there in October so you can imagine it in season.

The Santa Lucia attracts the retirement squad out of season just so you are ready for them!

Great place.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member livelySouthEngland

I have just returned from a two week break at the Santa Lucia.

The hotel was nice. It was clean, the food was good and the view from the balcony was fantastic. The maid on the 5th floor was very friendly.

This hotel does attract mostly old people so I felt slightly out of place (I am in my early 30’s).

The walls are also very thin and the rooms are separated by a door so you can hear what the people in the adjoining room are talking about (In fact it sounds like they are in the same room).

One other thing is that pigeons perch on the balcony and tend to poo on it which is not very nice so watch out if you hang any washing out.

I had a good holiday but I probably wouldn’t return to this hotel.

Comments