Cards, s/n, Sa Coma, 07560, Spain

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Coma Gran Aparthotel

Coma Gran is Great!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member X42316

We went to the Coma Gran aparthotel in 2005 and it was brilliant. The rooms were comfy, the staff were friendly and the food was outstanding. It is a Thomson superfamily hotel, so there is entertainment all day including shows, quizzes and games. It is perfect for families with young children and teenagers under 14.

Our October visit to the Coma Gran in Sa Coma

by TripAdvisor Member Brize

We are a family consisting of 8 people (myself 43, my wife ,son 20, daughter15, sister -in-law ,2 girls 10 & 8,and finally Granny)
We booked the holiday through Thomas Cook to fly from Bristol on Oct 12. After a faultless flight we arrived at Palma in torrential rain but that soon passed to reveal blue skies. We were then allocated our hotel, so we all hopped on the coach wondering what the Coma Gran had in store( a bit of a worry after holidaying in Lanzarote!)

I must say that as the coach pulled up outside the hotel we were all very impressed, marble pillars revolving doors, even rich green grass!
A swift check-in found us in our very clean spacious apartment on a self catering basis. The Coma gran really is a delightful hotel from the moment you arrive, the lifts are smooth and reliable, the service from the staff is friendly yet professonal the rooms are cleaned well and the restaurant is first class.
Entertainment for children is very good but a bit to loud for myself, the reps and Thompson the dog really put thier hearts into entertaining the children.
The pool area is first class with a large restaurant/bar plenty of seats and loungers complete with entertainment during the day.
The beach is only 5 minutes walk and is soft and white.
I recommend a day out in cala milor, a superb beach with lots of retaurants/shops.
My only "Gripe" of the whole holiday was the lack of any real spanish restaurants in the area! far to many British themed and chinese take-aways!
To sum up I would gladly recommend both the resort of Sa Coma along with the first class hotel Coma Gran.
Feel free to have a look at some of the photo's taken during our stay.....

Already booked for this year, Mom Dad, 7 & 5 yr old & 18mth old!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member kookerburra

We stayed last year at the Coma Gran after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor. I promised myself I would add my comments, so here I am ... better late than never!

Our group consisted of 2 adults and 3 children (4,6, 14 mths).We satyedat the Coma Gran for 11 days last August. The children thouroughly enjoyed themselves, and although the boys are both fairly shy they did take part in some of the clubs, so much so that we only found time to visit the beach twice, as they werw worried they would miss something at the hotel.

We found the staff extremely helpful and the apartments spacious and clean. The entertainment staff worked very hard and successfully kept our little ones amused.

We went self catering and paid in the hotel for the half board option, this was excellent value for money as the food was superb and plenty to choose from.

As we organised the hotel and flights separate we used Janerbus for the hotel transfer. Again I couldn't fault them, well kept new vehicles (better than I could say for the carpark collection minibus in the UK.) They provided car seats for both my 4 year old and baby, and they were of the same standard you would use in the UK. They were also the cheapest from the ones I tried.

We enjoyed the holiday soooooo much that I have already booked my flights back there and just waiting to get a good deal on the hotel. FAB FAB FAB

great family hotel

by TripAdvisor Member krey

i have just returned from the Coma Gran 12-22 oct.
This offical 3 * hotel is great i would rate better than 3* - rooms could now be doing though with a re vamp but more than adiquate.
We took a 5 month old baby and 10 year old all had a great time, as a Thomson super family resort i hired sterilzer/cot/bottle warmer/juice pack and nappy pack (made life soooo much easier)
The hotel had the best childrens entertainment i have come across.
We went Half board and we kind of regretted that as you can buy food much cheaper that we paid. We wouldnt do HB again - not complaining about the food in the hotel as that was great.
Weather was good about 25 degrees had no rain.
i would only recommend this hotel to families and the resort also.

Down side only was pool was freezing so much so i wouldnt get in it!!

the best holiday we have ever had

by TripAdvisor Member BalernoEdinburgh

We have just returned from the Sa coma gran and loved the whole experience. We have two children 4 and 7 who loved the holiday. We have all come back rested and relaxed. The hotel should be paying their staff treble what they are because we never so anyone grumpy or tired, The good service was consistent from the meeting at reception to the chamber maids to the guy selling ice cream. The food was varied and fresh and a joy to eat. the children especially enjoyed the independence of choosing from the childrens buffet. The Thomson reps did everything they could to do everything for you and were consistently efficient and friendly. but the creme de la crem were the Thomson reps and childrens entertainers who should be paid four times what they are paid. they seemed to be working 23 hours out of 24 and yet smiled and joked with everyone all the time. Our children were more into rep spotting and following than they were following disney characters at disneyland.
the local area is beautiful and we travelled around enjoying the trip to marineland and the pirate show. The rooms were very clean but basic but perfectly adequate for our requirements. We bought the CD to sing the Thomson the dog songs and will learn all the words for our trip next year !!!!!

Great superfamily hotel

by TripAdvisor Member greggles

In short, my wife and 2 kids loved it! 4 Year old boy and 8 year old girl had a really great time.

KidZone reps Jiggy Jamie and Kool Kerry were the best! (according to my kids anyway). They kept them amused and entertained 6-8 hours a day between them. (tots, team and drop-in). What great value!

LeaLeaLeanne is a great entertainer and great looking (according to me anyway). Jungle George too is very good and they all kept us entertaining till the wee hours (well past 11 anyway!). Favourite 'bought-in' entertainer was the singer/comedian George Pena - a bit too close to the bone at times but it got me laughing.

The hotel - NO complaints. Yes, the room decor could do with updating but hey - all I ever did was sleep there! The common areas were beautiful and perfectly maintained - the gardener(s) too do a great job - they must have at least 100 varieties of flowers and plants all over the place - and the SIZE of some of the ficus - if only mine would grow half as well!

For money, I went online and got 200 euros sent to the house overnight delivery – no charge and good rate of exchange. After that, I used my Nationwide autobank card (no charge) at Telebanco – no commission, no charge ad good exchange rate. MUCH less hassle than travellers cheques. 3-4 Telebanco cash machines in Sa Coma so we just took out £100 worth at a time every other day or so and did all our transactions in cash – very simple and easy – no hassle.

We ate out every night except the last night when we ate at the snack bar in the hotel (it was good and OK price). Happy bar very near the hotel was nice – I LOVED their rack of ribs!. The Hippodrome and Cafe de la Mer (both across from the Hypermarket) were also commendatory. Great salads in former and beautiful BBQ in the other. Half way between the Cafe and the beach was Juan’s Steakhouse – another favourite. I admit we did eat at the Royal Oak (Friday steak night) and the Britania Bar (for the bouncy castle) as well as one or two of the Chinese places (much of a sameness there I am afraid). The four of them were OK but not a touch on the others mentioned above.

The beach was really clean and soft sand- we loved it. £10 for 2 sun loungers and a parasol each day (We can’t do without them) but we only went there twice – I snorkelled but did not see a whole lot (in Cyprus I saw much more).

The resort is small but had everything we needed – we are not big on night life or shopping and the restaurants (as above) suited us just fine. We only left the resort once to go to Western Water Park. £100 for the 4 of us and we did have fun (my heels still hurt after pounding them on the ‘Beast’ slide (ouch!). It took a few minutes longer on the return bus and the AM bus was late. Someone complained so we got about £18 refund!

As we arrived at the airport on the return home, they told us our flight was delayed 4 hours +. Instead of leaving the back of 10 PM, we got on the plane at 2:30 AM. They gave us vouchers to value of £16 but they were only valid in the most expensive cafes (or the BAR!). McDs, BK, Pizza Hut and KFC in the airport but the vouchers could not be used in any of them – that was crap. In the cafe where you could use them , a drink was £2, crisps were £1.25 and a simple sarnie was £3.50 – so much for compensation! The aforementioned ‘named’ food places were better value for money and were the places the kids wanted to eat at – so we ended up eating there and using the vouchers for junk – crisps & donuts etc out of necessity just to use them up. Come on Thomson – if you limit us to the worst value for money food places then at least give enough to have a decent munch. If not, give us something that can be spent where we choose!
We drove back to Glasgow and got home at 9 AM – should have been back in at 4 Am. I am tired and wired (lots of caffeine!). Glasgow was £ 800 – 1000 more expensive than Manchester (I never fly from my local airport it seems – far too expensive!)

My recommendation – great for families of pre-teens. Older kids (especially boys) and teenagers not very well catered for in my opinion nor are single people / couples looking for ‘excitement’. But for us – restful, wonderful holiday, 9 . 5 out of 10.

Nice holiday but won't return

by TripAdvisor Member mymsman

Whilst this hotel is great for families it is not so good for couples.
We found:
- No handicapped access to heated indoor pool (lifts run to basement but have been disabled for safety reasion)
- Studio apartments have very uncomfortable beds, soft foam mattress with insufficient support
- Entertainment is far too loud (some of the evening entertainers were very good others mediocre) but all at top volume
- No parking for hire cars at hotel
- Resort is ok if you want English/Chinese food, very few good Spanish restaurants (we liked El Sol, Cafe Del Mar)

lovely holiday

by TripAdvisor Member wennieP

We booked this holiday as a last minute deal a week earlier. For 2 weeks self catering for a fantastic price of just over £1000 for 2 adults an 11 yr old and 1 year old. We didnt expect much with it being last minute but had a brilliant time. It was right near the centre of the restaurants,bars and shops and a short walk to the beautiful beach. The only downside was the issue with sunbeds, you had no chance of getting any if you didnt get up and queue in the reception area at around 7.30am!. It became a standing joke even with the reps the odd thing was it was an all english hotel not a german in sight!. We tended to spend half our time at the beach which was lovely. The pool is great, the rooms are spacious well equipped and clean. We would definately go back.

Found a camera?

by TripAdvisor Member Liverpool22

Just returned from a weekend break to this hotel, the apartments were spacious, clean, well equipped and we had a view of the pool area.

They are well situated for shops and bars and close to the beach.

The hotel is an excellent family hotel with plenty going on both day and night for children and adults.

My only regret is that I left my digital camera in the hotel reception on the day that we were leaving, it contained photos of two holidays, my sister's 50th birthday and my son's 21st birthday - I'm not bothered about the camera but if the memory car could be returned to me I would be very grateful. Please contact 44 151 928 8581 (Liverpool, UK). Thanks.

Great Family Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member MWSurrey

We stayed here as a group of two families of four, each in a one-bedroom apartment on a half-board basis. The rooms were light and airy with lovely sea views from the balconies and cleaned six out of seven days a week which was great. We were very pleasantly surprised at the high standard and variety of food for breakfast and dinner and only ate elsewhere for a change of scene on two occasions during our two week stay. In short we had a great family holiday. The kids particularly enjoyed all the entertainment on offer. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The beach nearby was lovely with shallow water which was good for the kids. There aren't many spanish restaurants (mainly English or Chinese!) in the resort itself but a stroll up the beach to S'Illot gives more choice. Can't really criticize anything except the sun lounger issue..........!

MWoodward, Surrey