C/ Mitjera, s/n, Punta Prima Es, 07713, Spain
Insotel Punta Prima Resort
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Insotel Club Punta Prima

ligths!! I tell you, ...dont say no.

by JohnJoseph about Club Hotel Surmenorca. Biniancolla.Punta Prima

Feelings! Just living it! Complex with Hotel, Bungalows and Apartments Category 3 ***superior.
Rooms see views and A.A.
Hotel with no more 3 floor, Eco-gardens, Children Park, Activities, Courtesy MicroBus to Punta Prima Playa. NIce service, nice peaple, 1km to next beach; Very high respect to the Nature-Environement.

Changing dipers at your table and peeing at the pool area

by TripAdvisor Member fabian_hagman

An open letter to management Insotel Club Punta Prima
- We never received an answer!!! -

Menorca, 22nd September 2007

Dear Mr Tur and Mrs Sanchez,

First of all I would like to complement you on your nice hotel facilities, rooms and staff at Punta Prima. Unfortunately we have not been able to enjoy it to the level we expected. The reason why, is that the information and images on your website is not compatible with the actual environment and the process of how your management handle customer relations.

As Global Marketing Manger for a major financial company and CEO of technology group we are used to, both in our occupations and private life’s, staying in high quality hotels. The aim with our vacation was to find a top of the line and quiet place, a place that didn’t focus on slides and children.

When searching the Internet for a place like this in Menorca, we were instantly attracted by the description and pictures of Punta Prima. The text promised nice surrounding, tranquility, sports club and the images showed couples by the pool area and fashionable restaurants.

We were very surprised that we were met by something we would more describe as a kindergarten. We were awoken every morning before six o’clock by next door guests’ babies; restaurant was more the sight of a huge canteen with screaming kids running around tables and children peeing at the pool area. On our second day it all became too much when we ate lunch and the couple beside us started changing a diaper at the table while we were eating!

At this point we wanted to express our thoughts with your hotel management in order to find a solution, either to move to Prestige or to change to another hotel (we understood from the staff that Prestige also was a 5 star hotel, but nowhere could we find information about the differences, as both hotels are marketed as 5 stars hotels on your site).

Here we experienced another problem – how the customer relations process is managed at Punta Prima.

Our first attempt to contact your hotel management was on our second day. It took nearly two days and three reminders before we got to meet a Public Relations person. We clearly stated that we wanted to change hotel or be compensated. He promised to return to us with a solution by lunch the following day. After two days we still hadn’t heard anything. On our fifth day and two more queries the hotel manager finally calls in the afternoon and we suggest a meeting in the reception at 19.00.

At this point we are not interested in changing to another hotel or to Prestige as we only had two nights left of our vacation. Mr Nieto, kindly offered us to use the Prestige premises the remaining days and promised to return to us by lunch the next day with a compensation offer. The Prestige was just what we had seen on your site and fully met our expectations of a 5 star hotel and that was described on your website.

But, once again there was silence from your management. Mr Nieto didn’t make any contact within the promised time and once again we had to visit the reception in order to make a meeting request. By 10.00 PM he came to the restaurant and said to meet afterward. Though he was not to be found. The reception staff tried calling, with no luck. Again we left a meeting request note for the following day, also our departure day.

We have spent our vacation in an environment that didn’t meet our expectations and tried to find a solution with your hotel manager already on our second day. Now on our departure day the only compensation Mr Nieto gave us were his words – ‘Sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay.’

How are we to interpret this? Was the management from the beginning not interested in finding a solution, and by the lack of contact aiming to prolong our stay in order for us not to check out to another hotel and by that get full payment of 200 euros/night?

If we would have known what we know today about of the quality of your customer relations, we would checked out of the hotel already on the second day.

In a couple of hours we will arrive in Sweden, with a nice tan, but tired and disappointed of the vacation at Insotel Punta Prima, that we so much looked forward to a week ago.

Looking forward to your response of this letter.

Pefect place for young families

by TripAdvisor Member RMKEssex

I've never bothered writing a review before and this will probably be the only time I do. However, it was only after booking the Insotel Club Punta Prima that my wife read the reviews of the hotel. The reviews were mixed to say the least and consequently she spent the weeks leading up to our holiday worrying about it. We seriously considered cancelling at one point but we're very glad we didn't because we had a great time and found the hotel to be all that we could have expected and more. I just want to reassure anyone who has booked to go that they should ignore the bad reviews because they bear no relation to the experience we had at the hotel last week.

This was the first time we had been on a summer holiday with our daughter who will be two in September. We have both been lucky enough to visit some great places and stay in some fantastic hotels before she was born but our criteria for a holiday with a toddler was a lot different to the holidays we had before she came along. We wanted a good quality, clean, safe child-friendly hotel and that is exactly what we got.

One of the main gripes from other reviewers seems to be that "I wouldn't call it five star". Clearly these reviewers do not appreciate that star ratings are based on the hotel facilities as much, if not more, than the quality of the rooms or food. The hotel has two massive outdoor swimming pools, an indoor pool and spa, tennis courts, play areas, bike hire, 3 restaurants, 3 bars, a hairdressers and several other facilities all of which will add to their official rating. I would agree that the rooms are not up to the same standard as you would expect in a top quality hotel and the restaurant would not win a Michelin star but both were absolutely fine.

The apartments are 10 years old and the interiors are looking a bit tired. However, they are clean, spacious and functional. A cleaner came in every day and this included changing towels and sheets. Another moan from some of the reviewers seems to be that there are only 2 English tv channels. So what!

The food was about as good as could be expected from a large hotel complex operating a buffet to cater for hundreds of guests, three times a day. There was plenty of choice, the food was fresh and service in the restaurant was excellent. It seems to me that whenever anybody is ill on holiday they blame it on "food poisoning". It never crosses their mind that it could be sun stroke, the change in temperature, different water, too much alcohol, etc etc. I'm pleased to say though that contrary to the reports contained within some of the reviews of this hotel we were all fine, as were all of the other guests we spoke to during our stay.

The two outdoor swimming pools are very large, clean and well-designed. There were plenty of sunloungers available at no charge. The pool at the bottom of the complex (the complex is built into a slope) includes a huge area that is only about a foot deep which was perfect for our daughter. She spent hours in there every day as did most of the other under 5's on the complex.

Most of the staff spoke very good English and all of them were very friendly, helpful and professional. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them.

Evening entertainment was geared towards the children with a disco for them followed by a different show or entertainment every night which our daughter enjoyed. You wouldn't go out of your way to watch it but it was ok and in any event there are other bars on the complex where you can enjoy a drink in peace and quiet.

We were on the all-inclusive option which worked out well for us and represented good value for money. There was a good selection of food and drink available all day and night. The only money we spent in the hotel was 15 Euro to hire a safe in our room for the week (a bit of a cheek but not exactly extorionate as claimed by some of the other reviewers) and 42 Euro for a late check out which seemed quite reasonable.

Punta Prima is a very small resort with just a handful of restaurants, bars and a couple of shops that are all on the road that leads to the hotel. The beach was a bit disappointing compared to some of the lovely beaches there are on the med but it was clean, sandy and the sea was clear and blue.

Apparently the hotel was about 70% full during our week there. It was busy enough to have atmosphere without being packed. I dare say that in a few weeks time during the school holidays when it will probably be full it might seem a bit busy and you may have to fight for sunloungers, queue for drinks etc. Equally, out of season, it may seem a bit too quiet.

In a nutshell, if you want a good place to go with young children then it is pretty much perfect. On the other hand if you don't want to be surrounded by children, if your main criteria when selecting a 5 star hotel is the quality of room rather than facilities available or if you are going away with teenagers then it may not be the place for you. We would certainly consider going back as for a family holiday it was exactly what we were looking for.

Great family holiday

by TripAdvisor Member JM1Bolton

Having read some of the negative reviews we were a little concerned about staying at insotel punta prima. But i would just like to say our holiday was great. Our 3 boys aged 8,6 and 2 loved it and so did we. I am very fussy eating abroad but the food was a very high standard at the hotel. The grounds and the facilities are excellent. The kids club staff are very keen and speak good english. To be honest i could go on and on but i just want to say we had a fantastic weeks holiday in Menorca and i certainly would recommend this hotel to anyone with a family.

please don't take any notice of the bad reviews

by TripAdvisor Member adw7

After we had booked our holiday I made the stupid mistake of looking this hotel up on trip advisor, all I can say is some people must just love to moan. Myself and my husband took my elderly grandmother away for a week at the punta prima hotel and once I'd read the terrible reviews about raw chicken, cold swimming pools, sub standard rooms, rude staff and so on, I thought I had made a big mistake. How wrong could I have been!!! What a lovely place to stay (with or without children), fab food, nice rooms, the complex itself had fantastic views, walk to the top of the complex and just take in the views, nice temp swimming pools, more sunbeds than I have ever seen in any hotel, no need to get up early and save a bed, you could get up at lunchtime and still find loads of beds everyday, very friendly and polite staff, cannot do enough for you.
Evening entertainment was not great, however, they have the most lovely bar to just sit and have a drink and take in the view.
My husband warned me not to read the write ups about our holiday before we went as it would spoil my holiday and I hate to admit it, he was right.
So anyone who has looked this hotel up on here and read the bad reviews, please don't take any notice and take it from me you will have a lovely holiday, I only wish I was still there enjoying all that insotel punta prima has to offer, fab, fab, fab.

Puntas what????

by TripAdvisor Member myloove

AVOID PUNTA PRIMA LIKE THE PLAGUE.
The hotel was fairly average, dominated by Germans and no 5 star by a long chalk. The food was the best thing about it. The indoor pool was EUR 10 pp which was preposterous. The weather was abismal and although I appreciate this is an act of god, the pools were freezing cold and so couldnt be used. Lucky Brits get 2 English channels to watch. BOTH NEWS.
The 'lovely' resort had 3 naff souvenir shops. The owners shoudl have been wearing masks it was that expensive. The beach smelled so bad I actually refused to go on it. There's no water sports, or anything actually in the resort. and dont think I am joking. It's run down and is in dire need of a facelift. Speaking honestly I would rather have stayed at home. Two weeks in that hell hole, you'd have to pay me to spend a long weekend there. On the plus side, quite a lot of the drinks are all inclusive. They'd need to be - after a very very long day of finding something to do one needs a stiff drink to get over the boredom. If its too late for you dont worry, you can drink yourself merrily into oblivion.

Good but not 5 star

by TripAdvisor Member sparklemax

We went as a couple with 5 year old twins.
- Outside and public areas looked great, well cared for gardens, very clean.
- Pool areas were very clean but beware of the slippery tiles around about. When we went in May it was very quiet, plenty of comfy sunbeds available.
- Accommodation. This is where the hotel really let itself down. We have stayed in 5 star accommodation all over the world and this didn't compare. I would rate it about 2/3 star. Our room had a really bad smell and feeling of damp. On the first day some paper we had left in the room had become all warped with the moisture and the wardrobes stunk. We tried to get moved but after checking out 3 other apartments I realised they were all the same. But on day 5 someone came in when we were out and painted over the damp patches! It took away the smell for a while. Also watch out for the bugs, like little flying cockroaches.
- Food. The breakfast was good, a buffet with loads of choice. WARNING: Don't go bed and breakfast. We went into the buffet restaurant on the first night and were shocked by the bill of £100 for two adults & 2 children. The food was good though.
- Entertainment. It was okay, the kids disco is on every night, but it is the same every night which is a bit annoying and all the songs are foreign language. The following entertainment was a bit stale, but we had a laugh at how bad it was and the kids liked it. When we were there the weather wasn't very good but we still found plenty to do for the kids, the playgrounds are very good.
-Resort. The resort of Punta Prima is very, very small a few shops and a few restaurants. But the beach is gorgeous, crystal clear water and white sand. Although not as close as the hotel makes out.
MY ADVICE WOULD BE: Go all inclusive, make sure you get an apartment which has been open all year as it may not be so damp. Be prepared to pay 10 euros each to use the indoor pool. Don't be put off by the edges of the beach, when you get down to the water it's fab.

desperate

by TripAdvisor Member jayneHerts

if your looking for 5 star accomodation dont stay hear,dire is all we can say,6 adults 1 three yr old two 12 yr olds an two 15 yr olds so a wide range to cater for non were fulfilled,im not going to rattle on but id like to.entertainment was just the worst ive ever seen,bearing in mind we stayed for two weeks on all-inclusive,first immpressions,lovely reception area and grounds etc kept beutifully,but thats where it ends,rooms basic with something ive never had before a kitchen in a cupboard,rooms not cleaned to an acceptable standard,public areas un-clean especially the toilet areas,we shared our first week with four hundred italian hair and beauty guests that took over the whole complex with there conference and had preferential treatment above all over paying guests,witch resulted in waiting three hours for our lunch,many complaints later and insisting on being moved by first choice who were most un-helpful and would only move us to another hotel at our cost and a down grade,we had no choice but to sit it out and it was the hardest two weeks ive ever had to endure.
The kids were fed up with nothing to do if the weather wasnt up to much as all the entertainment crew go missing from 1 till 4 ish as they need a siesta dont know why.this hotel does not cater at all for english guests,saving the best till last as im on a role now,the food was well lets put it this way i would not have fed any of it at all to my dogs it was inedible most days serving fish and pork well i think thats what it was,the VEGETABLE SOUP had egg,chicken and chips thrown in,that wasenough for us resulting in more expense having to eat out after complaints to first choice,management and the chef,on so many occasions with not one response,we would give this hotel a 2 star rating,and are awaiting a response from first choice from our three page listings of complaints,

do not waste your money on this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member george58

my wife and I went to this hotel looking forward to a lovely 5 star resort but found the worst hotel we have ever been to. the food in the resturants was uncooked, cold and even frozen , the rooms were ok but can be noisy with sound traveling from rooms next door, the day time activitys got cancelled because less people were staying at the resort and the entertainment was done by the in house team and they aim it solely at the under fives and not very good at that

Good Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member skelton9000

Hello I am writing this review as a travel agent, I just went to this hotel on my holiday, weather wasn't good unfortunately.
We had a 2 bedroom apartment, was adequate but not what I would call 5* luxury, note the satelite tv has sky news, cnn and bbc world in english, take a portable dvd and plug it into the tv. The indoor swimming pool is charged at 10 euros per person per day free for small children this was included last year but not this year, brochures do state that it is included, but it's definatley not and they won't budge. First choice rep richard was useless, patronising and rude, all he could say was brochures are sometimes printed 2 years in advance, fair enough but you should be informed prior to departure of this.
The food I thought was very good, lots of fish and meats, ice cream is really really good too, my partner wasn't so keen, not much choice for children at all, it does get repetative definately yes, but is mainly good, stay away from the fish pasta as some people got food poisoning from that. The italian restaurant not huge choice and if you book on a theme night they don't do italian food apart from pizza??? They do hot snacks too during the day don't have the chicken sandwich had it twice and was not cooked properly. Ice lollies are included in the all inc which is good.
Evening Entertainment is very poor kids seem to like it, head entertainers seem to think they are actors which they are certainly not and they make you feel welcome when you arrive then seem to forget about you as the week goes on.
Archery and rifle shooting very good and you get loads of time as long as loads of people don't turn up, take you're own raquets if you want to play tennis as they run out of racquets very quickly.
The resort nice little resort but not much there 5 restaurants, no bars with any quizzes, karoke, or any mini golf not great if you want to entertain children off site, car hire is a must if you want to get around to other resorts as taxis are very expesive due to the weak euro as is eating out.
The hotels childrens club is only really for very young children and they onlt really supervise and not entertain as such, people say the hotel is amazing for children I don't agree.
The all inclusive does include soft and alcoholic drinks, most cocktails, mineral water, check which wines they included before you buy, ice creams, not crisps which are 2 euros each pack, also the onsite supermarket is extausionate.
The hotel is good for all inc but not worth £600 plus per week, I got a very good deal so I had no complaints, but be carfeful things they say are included ie indoor pool, scuba diving is definately not, the outdoor pools are not heated either and are very cold. The bad reviews are way over the top, the excellent reviews are too, but don't go here if you want a lively holiday either

S'Algar Area

by seksun

Los Pamleras apartment, i am thinking of a 7 day stay there
does anyone have any experience of this resort, and what are the local restaurants and bars like and the beach ?
and/or does anyone have a recomendation of other apartments/resorts in menorca
i am looking for a nice beach and thinsg to do in the evening
looking at half board or full inclusive
Many Thanks
David

Re: S'Algar Area

by Davidbur2

Depends when you are going. There is not a lot to do in S'algar itself and no beach to speak of. The resort and accommodation are nice enough so it is a good base. There is also bowls and tennis in the summer opposite Sant Luis Hotel. Also some nice scenic walks. It is a good base for visiting Mahon, Binibeca and Punta Prima where there is lots going on. You can find lots more info on www.in2menorca.com.

Comments