Apartamentos Biarritz

Mar Menor, 3, Palma de Mallorca, 07610, Spain

More about Palma de Mallorca

Consolat de Mar (Palma de Mallorca, Spain)Consolat de Mar (Palma de Mallorca, Spain)

Bellver CastleBellver Castle

A Mallorcan Molino (one of over 3000 here)A Mallorcan Molino (one of over 3000 here)

Sa Seu - Palma Cathedral - side viewSa Seu - Palma Cathedral - side view

Why should I come to Mallorca this summer and where?

Hi to all.
I want to come this year on Palma de Mallorca, but I don't know in which town to stay. I want a place where is the best night life.
Here is what my local agencies offer:
ZONA BAHIA DE PALMA
EL ARENAL/CAN PASTILLA
CALA MAYOR
MAGALUF / PALMA NOVA

Pagera
Arenal
Magaluf and Palmanova

Is it better to go on Ibizza or on Palma de Mallorca?

Please good people help me to decide.

THANKS

by maryvera

How can we tell you? How should we know what makes good "night life" for you?

Some people like to sit with friends and enjoy a meal and a drink; some like to dance; some to drink and be drunk. Some to be silly and young.
Why not study carefully the information you have frpm your agents. Only you can decide what is best for your tastes.

by Mark2spark

I would add that some resorts in majorca are more favoured towards English/British clientele, others towards German.

by maryvera

Not quite sure what you mean by that, Mark?

The question of English/ German visitors was not part of the original question.I don't think we even know the nationality of the questioner.
Yes, some individual resorts may have more English or more German visitors or expat. residents but I have many German friends who either holiday of live in Mallorca, and I have spent time there with them.

I certainly would not wish to be associated with any suggestion that there is some kind of feud between two of the many other European peoples who enjoy holidays in Mallorca.
The questioner was primarily concerned with finding a place with the night life to suit their particular preferences and life style.

by butchill

I dont think there was anything malicious re the german /english answer somebody rightfully pointed out a fact.
for your information CAN PASTILLA ARENAL BAHIA DE PALMA ARE MAINLY GERMAN THEMED
AND MAGALUF PALMA NOVA IS MAIMLY ENGLISH.
The rest of the island is very well balanced there is no particular reason about the above it is just the way things have evolved over the years

by misici

OK, OK, I just asked where should I stay, because I haven't been there and I don't know anything about the island, so that was the meaning of my question. I needed help to make the right decision, and i still need it ;-)
I am from Serbia, but I like to have people from all over the world for my friends.
So, please no hard words.
This is just for fun and good times...
Peggia

by misici

Thanks dear for understanding the meaning of my question.
I will wait for your answer.
Greetings,
Peggia

by Leelloo

I'll try to answer some questions for you. I was on my honeymoon last year in CanPastilla/hotel ElCid 4*. It was great!! Everything!! The resort,the pools, the island is amazing, a spelndid combination of golden sandy beach, crystal blue water and great mountains.
About nigthlife ( I meen clubs, there are lots of bars and pubs), it' pretty poor in CanPastilla, Playa de Palma and Arenal!
BUT, we found 2 great clubs with house music in Palma, the capital of the island: Pacha and Tito's, last one it's our favorite, there are DJ's from Ibiza!!But there are more clubs.
It's well known that the most famous island regarding nightlife it's Ibiza!!
So...have fun!

Travel Tips for Palma de Mallorca

Mallorcan Windmills

by pugwashman

You will see lots of windmills around Palma and throughout the Mallorcan countryside. They used to be used for bringing up water but these days most houses have modern pumps. Some are still kept in working order, but most of those on view are simply for their aesthetic qualities.

La Lonja district

by hopesuzanne about La Lonja district

La Lonja is filled with bars and small clubs, definitely the place to go for a night out in Palma. Anything goes...as a foreigner, it won't matter...typical club attire, such as that worn for a night out in the states is good.

Not exactly a restaurant, but...

by CarlosLuz

Not exactly a restaurant, but don't miss the famous Paella!
We took a tour to San Telmo in a catamaran and it included lunch aboard the boat. They cooked a huge Valencian Paella which was just delicious!

Ancient Olive Tree Graces Placa de Cort

by starship

This beautiful, but gnarled olive tree grows in the Placa de Cort, in front of the Ajuntament or Town Hall building. Protected and surrounded by flowers, it makes a beautiful focal point on the Placa, and gives glorious shade to sunbeaten tourists.

Information about this tree is scarce or non-existent. The little information I've found dates it as at least several centuries old, and yet it remains beautiful to this day as do the buildings surrounding it --- some of which are as old or older than the tree itself. The tree is often a point from which tours begin to different parts of the old city. It also plays witness to celebrations and festivities which take place in Placa de Cort.

Castell de Bellver

by pugwashman

Situated on a hill overlooking Palma, the Castell de Bellver is well worth a visit. Some of the guidebooks said you could walk up there but I don't think I'd fancy that walk. As we had a hire car we used that instead which made the job much easier.
From the castle itself you get some excellent views from Palma and around the coast and inland to the mountains.
The castle itself is circular, and is on 3 levels.
You don't have to pay, at least we didn't.
We were lucky enough to look round in between coach parties so we could take some nice pictures, but once the coach parties turned up I'd imagine it would get a bit crowded, expecially on the small castle steps.

Comments