Costa Azul

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• flyfreak's Profile Photo

Little design hotel

My friend stayed at this little design hotel and I checked out the room and restaurant for VT ;-)
    The rooms are very nice, though small and narrow.
    The breakfast buffet is nice and the staff friendly.
    An option for young people who like design.

Unique Quality: The terrasse and the proximity to the beach.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Great location!

Myself and 5 friends spent a long weekend in Palma and stayed at the Hotel Costa Azul which is located right next to the marina on Paseo Maritimo. This 3* hotel has everything you could want for a short stay, swimming pool (on 2nd floor balcony area), lounge bar, restaurant and some great views over the marina and to Le Seu Cathedral.

The staff were friendly and helpful although some spoke only broken English. The rooms were more than adequate and equipped with fridge, TV, telephone, etc. Bathrooms were clean and spacious.

Unique Quality: To make best use of the views, get a room on one of the higher floors, preferably at the front but the side rooms also have good views.

Directions: If you're flying into Palma airport, jump on board the number 1 bus to Palma and ask the driver to drop you off at the Hotel Costa Azul. The bus stop is no more than 100m from the front door!

• pugwashman's Profile Photo

Handy Location

Pleasant hotel in a good location overlooking Palma's busy marina/harbour and with views of the Cathedral in the distance. The hotel has a nice bar, and swimming pool. Many of the rooms have balconies looking straight out onto the harbour, but some don't so be warned, as it would be a bit of a choker not to be facing seawards.
    The breakfast was nice, plenty of choice and never too busy.
    Our room was clean and tidy and the service we received was excellent.
    Mixture of old and young guests and everyone seemed to get along well.

Unique Quality: Bus stop to and from the airport is just outside the hotel.
    The hotel is about a 10 minute stroll from the centre of Palma.
    Plenty of restaurants within a few minutes stroll and boat trips depart just across the road.

• Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

Great location on Paseo Maritimo.

We stayed for 3 nights at the end of September, 2004 and had a good time. Rooms are fairly basic but good value for money. They are of a good size and very clean. Pool is good and the sun terrace has a nice view of the cathedral and the harbour. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms with a sea view on a high floor are best. ( 806 or 811 ) There is some noise from the main road between the hotel and the harbour but this can be blocked out by shutting the patio doors. All rooms have air-con. Bus number 1 from the airport runs right past the door so don't bother with a taxi as the fare is really cheap.

Unique Quality: Views from our balcony were fab and we loved to sit and relax for an hour or two in the late afternoon while reading, drinking and watching the activity in the harbour below. Buffet breakfast was good but busy so best to get down earlyish. Bar prices in the hotel were surprisingly cheap with friendly service. We got into the habit of dropping into the hotel bar for coffee & Cointreau's after a night out. If you like indian food don't miss the Baisakhi next-door to the hotel. It has a set menu with unlimited red wine for Euro 28.00. The food was superb.
    We will be back.

Directions: On the prom facing the Cathedral and Marina.

• XenosUK's Profile Photo

Hotel with a View

The hotel is situated on Paseo Maritimo, which is the main road running along the long harbourfront of Palma. The rooms are clean and spacious and ours had a balcony overlooking the harbour.

There is a decent sized bar with friendly barstaff and the restaurant serves a good buffet-style breakfast, which was included in our room rate.

The Cathedral and Old Town are about 20 minutes walk along the harbour and there are lots of bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel.

We booked our room independently, but there were a lot of notices around the hotel reception for various tour operators, so I would imagine that it gets quite full of package tourists during the summer months. When we were there in mid-October 2003, the main season had finished and it was fairly quiet.

Unique Quality: Good location with great views of the harbour.

More about Costa Azul

Costa Azul at Christmas

I've just returned from a week in the Costa Azul hotel in Palma. It's in a brilliant location with good access to buses, taxis, restaurants and other facilities. However, they seem to have a lot of problems with their hot water and heating systems. The first two nights I was woken up at 6am by very noisy (yes, I do mean very noisy) heating pipes and there was obviously a lot of air in the system. They appeared somewhat incredulous of the problem but eventually agreed to move me to a different room, which was better. However, the same problem remained in other rooms in the hotel (according to other guests). If you intend to have a shower or bath you will need to time it carefully, as the "hot" water temperature varies between luke warm and acceptable. It is clear that their hot water system is not capable (at present) of meeting demand. If you are staying over Christmas make sure your room is nowhere near the bar next to the [very small] swimming pool, as the noise from the entertainment travels a long way! Oh, and avoid the "special" Christmas meal - there really is nothing special about it and you'd be better heading for the nearby Burger King! The food overall is of reasonable quality but is far from exciting.
If you're staying at the back of the hotel the chances are you'll get woken up a couple of times a week when the rubbish is collected at around 4am.
Do I have anything positive to say? Yes - friendly staff, very high levels of cleanliness, great sunshine and views from the south-facing rooms, lifts that always work and beds that are very comfortable.
Perhaps they just had a bad week while I was there, but I certainly won't be going back there next Christmas - sorry!

Costa Azul - in hot water - I wish!

by TripAdvisor Member grantdmc

I would have loved to write a really good review of this hotel, but I cannot. There was precious little hot water during our entire stay - it was finally fixed the day before we left (28th) so we had some for our final bath (yesterday) before making our way to the airport. On a positive note, the hotel was spotlessly clean and the bar staff in particular were friendly and efficient (bar prices are very good). The morning buffet was OK, but was more 1 star than 3 star based on cheap and cheerful rather than the extra touches that I have experienced at equivalant hotels in Spain with the same boring selections wheeled out daily. Additionally, complimentary bath/shampoo gel only came for the first day and we didn't get anymore even though we were obviously using it! A couple of the guests told me that the Christmas Eve buffet was awful and cost something ridiculous. I also think that they could do with having a non smoking area in the bar or a better ventilation system as our clothes ended up smelling of cigarettes whenever we went down there. A lot of people come back every year and I am probably biased by the hot water situation so this is only my view, but I expect a lot more from a hotel with 3 stars and a good reputation and I am somebody who goes cheap and simple self catering the rest of the year!

Value For Euro

For value for money the Costa Azul Hotel cannot be beaten. Both I and others came to the conclusion that the bar prices were the best in Palma and the dinner for 12 Euros is a gift. Food is excellent both breakfast and evening meal and there are two excellent shows per week.

The rooms are fine, they may lack the luxery touch of some higher star rated hotels but they are, never-the-less, very comfortable. The windows are double glazed, the central heating works well and the hot water and the bath rooms are excellent.

I cannot praise the staff and this hotel enough, I have stayed in hotels, both for business and pleasure for many a year and I would put the Costa Azul right at the top.

What a great place to stay!!!

Just arrived back from Palma, and had to leave a comment so others can share this great hotel. We booked cheap flights and on reading comments, booked this hotel. Ten minutes from the airport in a taxi costing hardly anything, you cannot fault the location of Costa Azul. The staff where lovely and the rooms clean, spacious and cool. The sunbathing area was great too and the pool lovely enough for us to have a cooling down dip. The breakfast was plentiful, and the local tapas bars where close enough to us that we could nip outfor a quick lunch. We wish we had not bothered with the open top bus, as there really was nothing to keep us interested (all of us commented that we had been on better ones in other places), but the Mallorcan people where lovely. The cafe bar culture is one of class, and we enjoyed the old town near the cathederal. The view from our rooms was of the harbour, with sounds of the cruise liners coming in and out, it was fabulous and we all would love to visit again soon. The Costa Azul Hotel....mint, fab, great,smashing, and now all the more quiet since we are back home.

Highly recommended

Spent a week in September at the Costa Azul. We were a bit worried about the big road in front of the hotel but this was not a problem as double glazing and air conditioning were very effective. Fantastic views, especially if you have a room high up, and excellent location. Room clean and tidy (could have had a lick of paint though) and of good size. Free fridge was a definite bonus. Only had bed and breakfast, so can't speak for the quality of the evening meal. Breakfast good, but trays would have helped avoid numerous trips to the buffet. Staff friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

MAIORCA - HOTEL

by francadri

Can anyone tell me about a hotel in Palma de Maiorca not more exepensive ?
thanks

Re: MAIORCA - HOTEL

by Gillybob

In January I stayed at the Hotel Costa Azul - very nice and reasonable. Good rates for this hotel on www.hotelclub.net

Comments