Ramon de Moncada 15, Santa Ponsa, 07180, Spain

Costs 79% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Holiday Park Apartments

Oh dear

by TripAdvisor Member SteveandTrish

Just returned from a fortnight's holiday in Santa Ponsa staying at the dreadful holiday park apartments. This place is an absolute disgrace.

The apartments are old and very basic, not usually a problem you expect that type of thing. What you dont expect is the horrid state of them and the horrid attitude of the staff there.

As others we were read the riot act about what you can or cannot do at this establishment. It is all nonsense to ignore because none of it is upheld. In fact the noise after midnight rule is really the most amuseing section of it. We witnessed dozens of people returning to these apartments until 7AM shouting, swearing, and in general being very boisterous all in the safe knowledge that the list of rules is not worth the paper it is written on !!

The apartments themselves are old and in need of modernisation. In itself not a problem but when they are only cleaned once in a fortnight it becomes a problem !! In fact each apartment has a mop, bucket and brush so that you can clean up yourself.......its a kind of "self cleaning holiday".....rather strangely, there is no kettle or toaster available in the room so you cant actually "self cater". Kettles and toasters are available at a cost !!!

We asked to move rooms once due to noise from the bars on the streets but this was rejected because apparently the cleaners are union staff and it costs 25 euros to clean a room and just because we couldn't sleep at night due to noise they couldn't justify the expense!! We had two kids 6 and 5 with us so were going to bed between 12 and 1am...the noise from the bars on the road goes on till 7am...I kid you not.

The pool are could be great....but its not. It is a good size but is in need of re-furbishment badly. The floor of the pool should be blue but paint has come away from large sections to leave the mortar showing giving the impression there is sand or silt on the bottom. Visually it is un appealing. The pool is not cleaned properly either, in fact the water is grimy with body hair, plastic, and all manner of non water items floating around un hindered for days on end !! Our kids refused to get in the pool in the end due to its dirty state.

Pool bar is a rip off and the food is Ok but there are far better places and much more reasonably priced CLEAN establishments just outside these apartments, that it is easy to avoid if you want.

Got to mention the bath in our room which apparently has the same problem in other rooms. It has been painted at some stage to make it look clean and the paint is peeling off whilst you are in it. I spoke to a couple from Leeds that had the same problem.....in fact they went out and she had a peice show up on her shoulder...brings a new meaning to painting the town red !!

Santa ponsa is a great resort one of the best I have been to in Majorca. The beach is fab and the views out to sea from it are stunning. There are many very good restaurants and dozens of great bars, It caters for all tastes and has the balance right in my opinion.

I could write all day and night about the problems of the holiday park but I have not got any more time to waste on the place so I will just sum it up.

It is a ageing property in desperate need of refurbishment from head to toe. It is in dire need of decent staff that put the customer first without the snide comments and all the aggro. It needs to become a place that only takes in young gangs.......it is NOT SUITABLE for families or ELDERLY couples. You could end up with hundreds of stairs to navigate to get to your room and the noise at night is A BIG PROBLEM.

Take my advice, go to santa ponsa but DO NOT STAY IN THIS DUMP, if you want a good holiday !!!!!!

pure hell !

by TripAdvisor Member geordie-sue64

Have just returned from the holiday park and agree with all the comments writen buy pretty in pink.The greeting you get on arrival is a list of rules. which they only enforce to suit them selves. No noise after midnight? They turn the music down at the bar but dont close so the drunks get louder.There is no night security to tell the drunken idiots to be quiet. this place should be an irish 18-30 hotel.There were groups of young lads and lasses coming in at all hours shouting and screaming no respect for people with kids.They were running riot around the pool also dive bombing etc all the parents had to take there kids out of the pool.One of the managers just looked at this and went back to reception saying nothing to the yobs.
One lady staying in a room next to me complained once to often about the staff attitudes and noise she was evicted with her party of 3 women and 4 young children! If you ask for a complaints form they say they have no need for them?
The food prices at the appartments are a rip off and they give you the wrong change if your not carefull.The ice creams are 3 euros each at the supermarket over the road they are 1 euro! They have a BBQ night and claim as much as you can eat for 10 euro thats a laugh you get a small amout on you plate when you return there is nothing left its all over in less than an hour.
If anyone reading this has a problem with stairs dont book this place. The lift takes you to the pool area then its up and up the stairs no help with luggage we were on 3rd floor and had 48 stairs to climb.Some people had 5 floors.
All in all avoid this place!

Very disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member Monkeylala

Just returned from the Holiday Park and overall was very disappointed. The hotel has had some good write ups on here but the standard of the room we were allocated was very poor.

The furniture in the one bed apartment looked like it was at least 20 years old. The apartment had paint peeling from the walls and it had the worst bathroom of any holiday accommodation that I have ever stayed in.

The pool area is all concrete and very unattractive and the base of the pool was all worn away making it look very unsightly.

The location is good with only a short walk to the resort centre and beach (which was excellent). We were also lucky as it was a local holiday over the weekend with lots of stalls set up selling arts/crafts/food and a stage was used for live music. It all culminate on Sunday night with a fantastic fireworks display.

To sum up, very poor and I wouldn't return to the Holiday Park.

We got what we paid for

by TripAdvisor Member beebobManchester

Was a bit worried about what to expect after reading the reviews already posted about the Holiday Park appartments. There are good and bad things about these apartments.
The rooms are very basic, not cleaned to the standard I would expect. The pool isn't the cleanest, and the noise can be a problem. We had a room at the front of the appartments and the noise was horrific. On the plus side, the pool bar is no more expensive than any other bar and the food wasn't bad, also the people who run it are friendly. We had towel changes every other day, and the hotel staff were always polite and friendly. Also you couldn't ask to be in more central location

On the whole I think we got what we paid for, we wanted a cheap holiday and thats what we got.

Thank you Holiday Park!

by TripAdvisor Member jsamj

My husband and I have just got back from a late last minute summer holiday at Holiday Park, and to be honest I didn't really know what to expect.....and I'm glad to report that we were both very pleasantly surprised. The first thing I think I should comment on is the amazing welcome the reception staff gave us on our arrival...I've honestly never met such lovely people...and so very patient too. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
The apartments themselves were everything that you could wish to expect for this standard aparthotel....VERY clean, roomy, quiet and all in all, fab for the money we paid. The pool was cleaned twice daily and the bar by the pool served great breakfasts and also had something going on at the night time...my other half won 95 € on the bingo one night!
Santa Ponsa itself is a lovely resort...very nice beach and loads of restaurants to choose from.
We will definatley be going back to Holiday Park again next year, but next time will bring the whole family!

beware

by TripAdvisor Member 50somethingsScotland

Just returned from 1 week stay at apartments, very disappointed, booked early in year despite some bad reviews. First of ,arrived to be given list of do's and dont's - did we look like 2 delinquents in our 50's - I don't think so. Went to apartment, very basic, no cupboard door on kitchen unit, musty smell which we could not trace or get rid of despite use of air fresheners, only sheets on both beds and fridge door covered in rust, no point in complaining as notice in reception states rooms will not be changed - allocated when booking made, towels paper thin. Maids were good but I wonder what flat we were put into when I read other comments re Holiday Park, would never go back unless I read it had been fully refurbished - they could have a beautiful place if money spent on it. Only good thing is it is central in location. If you are a group of young beautiful ladies then you will probably get free champagne as we saw on our departure - we got offered free drink on night of arrival which was valid for all of 1 1/2 hrs - all guests should be treated equally.

super clean bathrooms and spotless rooms.

by TripAdvisor Member london2012yes

Hi, Usually I am a reader more than a writer but this time I thought that it would be great to write and tell about my honest and clear experience at this hotel. To start off, I must say that this aparthotel has the cleanest bathroom I have ever visited and I have been visiting mallorca and hotels around the world for the past 25 years! The main reason I decided to write my review is because I saw someone mentioning about the room being not so clean!??? Well not exactly correct!!! We stayed in room 239 for three weeks (21 days) and the room was super clean and the bathroom was not new but it was impeccable in every way. Anyone that says negative things or shows bad pictures is misleading! I enjoyed reading the previous review saying that it is not exactly a 5 star hotel and I must agree with the reviewer, but also I must agree that if a beach resort is what you are searching for, this hotel is a very wise choice. A piece of advice to all beach visitors would be, to drink as much water as you can and use your sun lotion even in the shadow. If you have any questions please contact me and my wife and I would be delighted to answer your questions. Barry and Jane.

great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member numberone111

Have been at this hotel two years ago and it has changed so much and luckily for the better. The rooms and the swimming pool area have all been refurbished and we will return again for sure. We first chose the hotel for their great prices but now we will return next year because of the overall experience we had....great rooms, brilliant location, lovely staff (who speak English!), and just a really good holiday.
The only small downside is the slow check -in when it is busy at reception. We had to wait around 15 mins. to check in.
The best thing is the fresh pizza at the bar available till 1:00 am and the big screens at the bar where you can see the big football matches.

Holiday Park, Mallorca is the best, NO DOUBT

by TripAdvisor Member bradmorton1956

We stayed here for 4 days and found it to be one of the most relaxing, peaceful places we have stayed at. It was like being at home, yet away in the fantastic sunshine! The one bedroomed apartments were of a good size and clean.We will certainly go back and have already made recommendations to friends.
A real winner as far as we were concerned!

Great stay

by TripAdvisor Member myholiday-story

Top Hotel and hard to beat location! The hotel bar prices are very similar to all major bars in the area, unless you don´t mind drinking the cheap quality second brands. In that case, there are some dodgy looking bars that do serve cheaper quality at cheaper prices but be carefull with the next days headache: if it sounds too cheap, then it is too cheap and you´ll end up paying for it later in my experience! Food at the hotel is reasonably priced and the quality is quite good. You can have a proper sized Irish steak burger with chips and a small side salad for 6 Euros or a kid´s menu of fish fingers and chips for 3 Euros. There are plenty of sunbeds and there is no need to reserve them early in the morning and the atmosphere is very accomodating. We had a good holiday and would stay at Holiday Park again, if visiting Majorca.

Comments