Hotel Balear

More about Hotel Balear

Air transport

by Carmela71

The most famous one is:

Iberia (spanish/english), The Iberia Group includes the following domestic airlines: Iberia, Aviaco and Air Nostrum.
www.iberia.com

Spanair (page in english as well), and its regional for Balear islands AeBal,

www.spanair.es

and air europa (also in english).
www.air-europa.com

For regional flights: Airnostrum .

Other pages in spain for travelling, not only flights, hotels and packages as well are: rumbo.es , edreams , atrapalo.com , travelprice.es (more languages)and of course always las minute ....

Islands

by DanielF

Islands, along with the Mediterranean "Costas" are the favorite destinations for the average tourists in Spain. Fortunately, this average tourist stays confined in small areas where they are contented with a comfortable sunbed, many liters of cheap alcohol and the chance of a flirt in the disco. Not many of them venture beyond the limits of these familiar zones, leaving most of the islands unexplored.

There are two main archipelagoes in Spain: the Canaries in the Atlantic and the Balears in the Mediterranean.

The Canaries are composed by 8 inhabited islands (one of them has merely a small village) and several islets. Each of them are totally different from the rest, but they are all equally fascinating. (Here pictured the coast of Lanzarote).

The Balear archipelago has 4 inhabited islands, all of them with a deep Mediterranean character but cattering for rather different kinds of tourists.

There are not important islands off mainland Spain. The only inhabited island in the Mediterranean is Tabarca, near Alicante. There are also some small islands in the Galician Atlantic stuaries with a temporary population.

Finally, several islets off the North African coast - The Chafarines, Velez-Gomera and Alhucemas - have a military use and are hardly visited by tourists.

silvia-m.b's new Palma Page, check my Travelogue!!

by silvia-m.b

Palma is really near by ship from Barcelona. Sometimes I spend a couple of days...is a magic island in the Balear Islands. Mallorca is sun, beaches, nature, discos, caves, and much more. Enjoy!

Palma Mallorca

by Antonio25

"Moi and Jutta"

to warm up or just to have a quite dinner night you can go to City of Palma, you may have a coffee or first drink at the cafe-bars.
time for some serious action now ?
Go to El Arenal Balear 7 ...
balear 7 on el arenal its almost the heart and soul of the island's night there is an incredible number of british and german bars and of course clubs

"I live for moments like this"

this is me and my brother Nilton in our summer hollydays in Mallorca island August 23 2002 with some HOT german girls which was from the same hotel floor them we were.
it was party all the time!!!
sorry girls but i've forgotten your names so i can not introduce you to the crowd

"smile"

my brother our french friend and again the german....
should i phone my friend Samidi wich lives in Paris to tell me the girls names? how could i forgot her names!? they will be mad with me! what can i say?!
entschuldigung ich habe dich liebe.

Spain; the view of an american

by magictravelers

"A few tips"

I moved to Spain in 1999. I had been here before, so I had an idea of what it was like, but still find myself learning new stuff six years later. And still, get mazed by some of the questions people ask me about Spain. So the other night while trying to fall asleep, I though I should write a bit about my "new country" as an american comming for the first time. I will write all that comes to my mind that surprised me, things I found I needed of missed and forgot, and the things I didn´t. I hope I can help at least 1 person and my goal will be acomplished. lso, I hope anyone tells me what they found interesting, dificult, lacked, etc. so we can help people that come here have the greatest time possible.
I also hope no one thinks I am an idiot for writting some basic stuff; I think there isn´t a stupid questions if it exits.
Have fun and feel free to write with any suggestions or correcions!

"1Not only bull fights, paella, sangria & Almod"

Believe it or not, I have ran into people who think Spain is a small town, or an island. We ran into a lady who heard Javi´s accent and asked him where he was from. When he said Spain, sge quickly replied: my greatgrandparents were from there,: the Rodriguezs. Javis face was worth a million bucks.
Another time while in PR, we got pulled ove by a cop because we were speeding (did not mean to). THe cop asked Javi for his license and the cars papers and when he saw the license he asked: where are you from? Javi said Barcelona. Next thing the cop said: where is that? Near Cokombia? Oh! too bad I was a bit scared, I could have fallen to the ground laughing! But these are only 2 of the questions we have been asked and I can only wonder what people who have not traveled to Europe think of Spain.
Well, let me start by sayung that guys don´t walk around with the bullfighters dress on the streets, and women do not walk with those long dresses with white circles everyday. Spaniards eat a lot more than paella and drink a lot more than wine.
Spain has 17 autonomic communities (Andalucia, Aragon, Asturias, Balear Islands, Canary Islands, Cantabria, Castilla Y Leon, Castilla La Mancha, Cataluña, Extremadura, Galicia, Madrid, Murcia, Navarra, BAsque Country, La Rioja and Valencia) and each one has its own laws, customs, diet, and some have their own language.
There are 1030 kms from Barcelona (Catalunya- East) to Badajoz (Extremadura- West), and 986 kms from Bilbao (BAsque Country- North) to Cadiz (Andalucia- South).
Public transportations is excelletn between Capitals by air, car, bus or train (No, no horses).

"Lets talk about money..."

Comming from US, you will notice: clothes are more expensive, hotels are cheaper as well as food. But let me tell you, Spain is one of the cheapest countries in Europe, besides the old URSS cpuntries.
The coin is the EURO, and now it is expensive againts the dollar, but still you´ll find great deals around. Also depending on the City you are in and if you walk away from touristy places (best way to travel for us). You may find a great hotel for about 75 euros a night with breakfast included, so if you have a budget, you better "shop" around for the best hotels. The only thing I find expensive is clothing, because I use a size 12/14 and these are huge sizes for Spanish women. Also, gas is extremly expensive as well as tolls where you may pay up to 16 euros for a trip. If you plan to rent a car, keep this in mind (and also that cars here are stick shif, really small compacts)

Comments