Hotel Hawaii Mallorca

Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 108% more than other 3.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Hawaii Mallorca

would go back again loads to do

by TripAdvisor Member Ridgewell

Booked this on the internet and spent a wonderful week at hotel hawaii, myself , my partner , my two sons age 14 and 9 yrs of age. We got the keys to our room which was standard but all that we required ( could do with a re vamp) clean and tidy though, we pulled back the curtains to the balcony and were welcomed by a breath taking view of the bay with all the yaughts and sea and hotels lit up. Amazing! What a view. The food in the hotel was varied and very tasty and not how it was portrayed by some reviews on the internet ( most people who do reviews are serial complainers i believe!)We spent a memorable week bathing by the very clean pool and also jet skiing para sailing and riding the doughnuts and the banana boat, had so much fun.
The entertainment was fine , the bar staff were polite not overly polite but not rude as some reviews from the ' serial complainers' described. My 14 year old son who prob prefers his friends company said what a great hol he had !!!! My youngest still talks about it and myself and partner remember what a lovely time we ALL had.
Would def return. Happy days.
Elisa Longman Herts

Never to return

by TripAdvisor Member ON_A_MISSION3

9 April 2007
My family and I have just returned from a weeks holiday that the Hotel Hawaii. Although not a complete disaster, we will not be returning.

Plus points:
The Hotel was very clean and food was edible, most of the time.

Bad Points:
As it was early in the season the poolside bar was closed. This meant a trek of six floors up and one floor down to get a drink. If you then forgot your All Inclusive card, there was no was they would serve you, even if they knew you were AI.
There were no crisps or ice cream for the children during the day.
The dining room did leave some food out for snacks. My 9 year old was hungry one afternoon and decided to try the dining room, only to return (Down the 6 floors to inform me that all the food was cold. This included chicken and chips that had been cooked during the lunchtime and left to go cold next to the salad bar. I complained to reception about this and was greeted with a shrug of the shoulders and told to see the manager. When I asked for the manager, I was told he had a couple of hours off and I'll have to come back at 5 or 6ish. When I stated that I was concerned about salmonella or e-coli on the chicken that had been left on the counter I was greeted with another shrug. I couldn't believe they thought this was acceptable for children to be left with cold chips and chicken.
The attitude of the staff in general was awful. You tend to try ignore some of the attitudes and put it down to translation as you don't want it to spoil the holiday.
Getting drinks from the bar at night was fairly easy once you understood what the bartender was barking at you when you first ask for a drink. On the first night I requested two Malibu and Cokes, the response (Once I could understand through the Spanish accent) was "Card or Cash?". If you then show them your card, you get the cheap version plonked on the table; they then snatch the AI card walk to the till, ring up the sale and give you the card back with a receipt. Why? I don't know.
I did see one lady ask for a dry white wine one evening, the waiter picked up a carton, looked at the lady and said "Card or Cash?". When she replied cash, the waiter seemed to gain an excellent understanding of English never seen before and politely confirm, "Did you want dry white wine Madame" before opening a fresh bottle from the cooler.
Mealtimes:
Ordering a drink with you meal was very difficult. Apparently the RULES have changed this year and where previously there was a bar in the dining room, an extra food area has been installed. The RULES are now:
If you are English:
1)You now have to show your AI card as you enter the dining room.
2)You are handed a slip of paper with a list of drinks on it.
3)You then find a table that is vacant. (Don’t try and find one that has been cleaned, if you wait for the waiters to do it you’ll starve to death.
4)When you have found a table, fetched the knives and forks from the furthest point in the dining room you then have to attract the attention of the waiters. This is the biggest challenge I have ever come across. They walk around collecting dishes but never manage to look in your direction. This results in you having to literally wave the slip in front of their noses.
5)The waiter then grunts and walks off.
6)The waiter returns and picks up the slip and looks at you.
7)This is your cue to order at lease two drinks per person. Trying to get their attention twice in one sitting is nearly impossible.
If you are Spanish:
1)As you approach the table, the table is cleared, reset with the cutlery and a bottle of water and Wine.

PS. If you are all inclusive, don’t ask for a large bottle of water, you are not allowed to have one, despite them being handed out to the Spanish guests. All inclusive must have a small bottle only.

I could go on and on, suffice to say, I will not be returning to this hotel or any one of the other hotels in this group. If you enjoy lots of rules and regulations, being looked down upon because you dare to be all inclusive or English and enjoy the prison camp attitudes, then knock yourself out.

here we go again

by TripAdvisor Member jettraveller123

we have stayed at this hotel at least six times,and are going back for the second time this year in october.This hotel is very good value for money,food is fine,accomodation has always been good,beds could be more comfortable,beautiful location,stunning views.My advice to any-one visiting this hotel is to e-mail your requirements,room,views,disabilities etc before you arrive and the management appear to do their best to to please every-one.the majority of staff are long suffering it is only the bar staff who are in any way rude and arrogant but this amply compensated for by the rest of the staff

brill veiws good location, entertainment POOR, staff POOR

by TripAdvisor Member calconnor66

Booked for my 40th with 13 girlfriends for a boozy fun filled weekend and that is what we had.
The hotel is in a brilliant location and it is just a small stroll to Magaluf, we went at the end of September and it was still quite busy. The hotel is right on the beach and the views are magnificent.
The hotel staff are quite rude and really do not seem to care for customer service, and because we stayed all inclusive we were given a card made of paper with our pictures on it, so you can imagine is does get a bit dog eared. Wobetide anyone asking for something without a card, we were told off for not queuing properly at the bar, they were like the Gestapo. We did not let it get us down and had a really good time. The entertainment is rubbish I think they make it as bad as possible so you don’t stay in and drink, and it shuts dead on 12 midnight too.

The food is quite good there is something for everyone and for what we paid I really cannot complain.
All said and done we had a ball and I would go back but I think that was down to the company I was in rather than the staff who all need to be trained on customer care as a matter of urgency.

Good location shame about Staff

by TripAdvisor Member BOB1947

Just returned from a week in he Hawaii and firstly may I say I am not a serial moaner having travelled the world and stayed in all types of Hotels from 1 star to 5 Star.

I booked the Hotel after reading the reviews and decided to go with an open mind.

The experience started when confronted at reception and told to stand against the wall so they could take a Photo of myself and wife for the "All Inclusive Card" which I may add was made of cardboard and by the end of the week was almost unrecogniseable.

Now this caused a problem in that if one or other were taking part in some activitey only one person could use the card so the other person had to wait until they returned with the card.

The "Gestapo" at the pool even though they knew you were "AI" would not serve you.

I know there were Safety Boxes in the room but no information was given at Reception or indeed in any paperwork so I don't know if they were useable or howw much.

A word of warning ...Don't move the poolside tables or chairs as they will remove the table from in front of you and then ask you to move.

Furniture must not be moved even if there are more than 4 in a group.

Good Points : Location and View from balcony.

Although be warned it is located on a fairly steep hill.

Average Points :

Rooms are fairly basic but were clean and comfortable although the rest of the hotel at times was quite untidy.

Food was quality wise not bad but there was very little choice especially for children.

Nearly every meal contained Chips never seen a Baked Potatoe all the week.

Salads were very poor and consisted every meal of Tomato , Lettuce, Beetroot and maybe a mixed dish.

Occasionally Muscels or Tuna.

Dining area resembled a battle field at times with dirty plates left on tables for some time.

Nearly always had to clear a table and set ourselves before we could eat.

Bad Points :

Staff especially around the pool area are extremely RUDE even to the point of reducing one 4 year old to tears when she dared to ask for an Ice Cream without the dreaded "All Inclusive Card"..

Queues for drinks wether day or night.

If pool bar was closed had to go up 6 floors and then down 1 floor to get drinks from Lounge Bar or visa versa.

This in itself was a Safety issue never mind the inconvienience.

Whilst on the point of safety I was horrified ( as an ex Qualified Canoest " ) to witness 6 people taking part in a Canoeing Activity during the day being allocated a canoe and put to sea.

No instructions were given on Safety or how to Paddle or even what to do in an emergency... I wonder how long it will be until there is an accident.

Entertainment both during the day and evening was very poor and finished dead on 12 pm.

No snacks whatesoever available during the day even on All Inclusive.

No TV in Reception / lounge Area and again no drinks available so had to go to Bar or Pool area whichever was open.

All in all the Hotel lets itself down and I am sure with effort and better management could offer a better and more friendly holiday.

Would I return... Certainly not at this time unles Staff attitude changed dramatically.

I don't go on holiday to be told wher to sit and have to queue for drinks and food.

Great holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member welshdom

Having read other people's bad reviews of this hotel I felt it important to write one myself to put the record straight. I have just got back (Oct 21st) from a week at the Hawaii and can't fault the place. It is exceptionally clean throughout. The rooms were basic but nice. Just what I would expect for a Spanish 3* hotel and better than some 4* Spanish hotels I have stayed in. All of the toilets in the hotel were cleaned and checked throughout the day and were quite modern.

The pool area was lovely if a bit breezy due to the time of year and the fact it sticks out into the sea. The weather was great though considering it's the end of the season. Got tan! The service at the pool bar was fine. I never had to queue. You did need to show your AI card at all times but this is not a problem and is no different to other AI hotels. It is cardboard but if it gets tatty reception replaced it with no hassle and I believe you could get one each if you required it. We had to get a new one and had no problems and you don't need to get your photo taken again as the original is saved. Personally I was pleased to get a card rather than those awful plastic wrist bands which you can't take off.

The food was good. Always plenty of choice. Great salad bar, soup and fab freshly baked bread, a couple of meat dishes, a couple of fish dishes, at least one pasta dish and a selection of vegetables. Chips were served with lunch and dinner but if you don't want to eat chips twice a day don't take them. There was usually another potato alternative. As for there being little choice for children I must say that I disagree. Perhaps if you are the type of parent that only serves your children fast food and junk then you may be disappointed at times but the choice on offer should more than satisfy any child and the children I saw had their plates piled high. My only comment about the meals is not to arrive right at the end of the session as they usually began to tidy things away.

As for service I found the reception, restaurant and day time bar staff excellent. The evening bar staff were not rude but were not over friendly. Perhaps the way in which they were spoken to by the majority of British people didn't help. Manners and attempting some Spanish go a long way. I did make conversation with the evening bar staff and I think it was appreciated and they were happy to have a laugh.

The evening entertainment was varied. Not always of the highest standard but did certainly entertain. If you've been on this type of holiday before then you'll know what to expect: a couple of tribute shows, mr hawaii, a magic show, a dance group etc The children were very involved and it was good to watch them enjoying themselves. Yes it stopped dead on 12 but that is the same everywhere and I have stayed in places that close earlier. If you want to stay out later there are plenty of clubs and bars just round the corner, although you can't hear them from the hotel.

All in all I would have no hesitation about going back. It was super value for money and more than exceeded my expectations.

A+++

by TripAdvisor Member gnarlydude

All Hotel staff were friendly and approachable bar one; and were helpful most of the time especially when all our stuff fell off the balconey :-)

Location is Ideal for the Bars - and just far enough away to enjoy a quiet night sleep. We were surprised to find an amazing view from our 7th floor room overlookin the bay.
The lifts need sorting though, they were a bit small.

Food was usually warm, as long as you didnt leave it till the en d of each dining session to eat. But i would recomend you stay away from the fish. I'll say no more.

However the whole majorca experiance was a good one - but please plan an escape route back to the hotel as if your trying to get back to your hotel quickly at night you cant because you get ambushed by touts.

:D If your thinking of booking here dont be shy - its a good hotel. Me and the girlfriend thouroughly enjoyed ourselfs.

throw back from the 70s

by TripAdvisor Member cajo7

Me and my husband stayed in this hotel for a week recently as it was our first wedding anniversary. I can safely say that we will not be staying there again!! On arrival the reception area looked very clean and modern but even as we were walking up to our room, an hour and half after we arrived as it hadnt been cleaned, also carrying all our luggage ourselves, we noticed the carpets were thred bere and some of the metal plates holding the carpets down were loose and could have caused an accident.
The room was clean but it hadnt been decorated since 1970 by the looks of things, same for the whole hotel except the reception area.
The food was very look-warm and the choice was between fish and turkey every dinner time and every evening. The breakfast was a full english and swimming in grease. I also heard a customer say to her son, when he asked what it would be for tea, "fish as it was there at dinner"!!
The bar only had on bingo or things for the kids at night so there was nothing for us to do as we dont llike bingo and have no kids. There were alot of spanish staying there and they could always push in at bar without anyone saying anything and they always seemed to get more help from the staff in general.
Even though it was only start of the season when we went the pool side bar was not open and staying as all inclusive guests as we were there were no snacks provided during meals, not even a bag of crisps.
The only thing that i can say was nice was the maids came in every day and cleaned the room.
I can safely say that we will not be going there again.

The Best Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member faye_bear

i must say all these reviews moaning about the hotel are rubbish. if you go in february you have to expect the staff to be more friendly to the spanish oap's as it is there holiday season and they get a free holiday every year!! the food is catered for them as it is there peak season you dont get alot of english people holidaying at this time. we wnt on the 28th of september a week as a group of 8 girls between 20-30 and wow what an amazing holiday we had! 2 mins round the corner and your on magaluf bar street but even though you are that close you cant hear anything in the hotel!! the pool is nice if abit small but is next to the beach and juts out over the sea with the most fantastic views you have ever seen. when I was there the food was good did alot of fish though wich i wasnt keen on but thats down to personal taste. the hotel rooms are nice even if decor is abit dated but you only sleep and shower in there towels and bed linen changed alot. we found all staff friendly this was our 2nd year at the hotel and we love it we have made friends who work here on bar street so we will be coming back for years to come whilst we are still enough!!!!!! i would sat this hotel is for people wanting a lively holiday but quiet enough to sleep i would recommend youn familys with babys better for familys with teenagers

Enjoyed our stay at the Hawaii

by TripAdvisor Member NiksLondon

We have visited this part of Mallorca for several years and thought it would make a nice change to stay in a hotel on a half board basis as we usually do self catering.
We chose this Hotel mainly for its location and that it had daytime and evening entertainment.
On arriving at the Hotel we were told they had no rooms available for us until the following day. They said we could stay in an alternative Hotel for the night and return the following day when our rooms would be ready. This was an inconvenience for us but as we arrived late evening we just wanted somewhere to sleep. The Hotel organised cabs to take us to a Hotel just 5 minutes up the road which was actually a 4 star where we stayed for 1 night. The following day we returned to our Hotel and were given our rooms.
The rooms were in a great location. We had two rooms next to each other with magnificent seaviews!! The rooms were spacious and clean, slightly dated but exactly what you would expect from a 3 star hotel. The showers were really strong so you could even have a massage whilst showering. The rooms were cleaned daily to a high standard.
The restaurant was very pleasant and welcoming. The food was excellent. We couldn't believe how much choice we had. The presentation was lovely, it was almost too nice to touch!!
Other areas of the hotel were kept very clean and tidy, we didn't use the pool area during the day as the weather for our stay was pretty awful.
We went into the evening entertainment which began with the childrens disco. The songs were a bit repetitive but all of the children were really enjoying themselves. This was then usually followed by bingo and then the main entertainment which was varied. The bar area was kept clear and the service was fast. As some of the guests were staying all inclusive I imagined the bar area would be really crowded and people would be queing, but this was not the case.
The staff around the hotel were friendly and helpful.
Overall, we had a lovely time at this Hotel apart from the hiccup on our first evening, we would definately stay here again in the future.

Mallorca Island (Spain)Mallorca Island (Spain)

Almudaina overlooks the marinaAlmudaina overlooks the marina

AbacoAbaco

Sorry, but I couldn't resist the temptation..Sorry, but I couldn't resist the temptation..

How do you arrange a wedding in majorca

by Dani06

Can anyone tell me how to arrange a wedding in majorca without it costing a fortune through a wedding planner all the quotes so far have been £20,000 (scary) do you have any one i could contact of e-mail? or anyone that has got married in majorca recently thet could give me some advice?

RE: How do you arrange a wedding in majorca

by tinabrown67

Hi

Are you wanting to get married in Church, Catholic or Anglican.

There is a lovely little Catholic Church on the cliff top of Portals Nous which is popular and there is a magnificent sea view.

The Anglican minister is very approachable.

The drummer from the Coors was married in the beautiful church at Deya.

I could ask some questions for you and try to help with contact numbers.

I live in Portals and I have a friend going to a English wedding next week and I can ask her to speak to the Bride to see what they have arranged.

Tina

RE: How do you arrange a wedding in majorca

by Creedo

I found the following in the FAQ of a Mallorca web site http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk/.

You may have already seen it but hope it helps.

Cheers, Creedo

My Majorca Wedding
PO Box 130
Andratx
Mallorca
Telephone: +34 971 136 308
Web site: www.mymajorcawedding.co.uk and www.mymallorcawedding.co.uk
Email: info@mymajorcawedding.co.uk