Hotel Palmanova Palace

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Palmanova Palace

A 4 Star Palace?

We have just returned from a one week adult family break at the Palma Nova Palace Hotel. Our initial impression of the hotel was favourable and the reception staff were polite and friendly. Our room was clean and, as we prefer, we had a quiet location at the side of the hotel (or so we thought!).

We arrived in the middle of the night following a six hour flight delay to be woken at 8.45am on Sunday morning by a rendition of bell ringing from the church located directly below our window. Overall, we didn't mind this as we are early risers, but anyone who may have returned from a good night out may not have been impressed!

The restaurant was cramped and the choice of food and drink was limited for a 4 star hotel. Last year we stayed at the Marina Barracuda in Magaluf which was also 4 star. It outshone the Palma Nova Palace in both choice of food and entertainment.

The entertainment - what can I say? It seemed to be done on the cheap. There were two acts all week which were very average. The rest of the time we were entertained by the hotel entertainment reps - bless them! They were both bi-lingual in Spanish and English but challenge tasks such as eating 7 cream crackers in one and a half minutes and a 30 person strong conga chain is more holiday camp than 4 star hotel.

Lastly, we would mention that the hotel clientele is a mix of both elderly and groups of young party-goers. Our room neighbours changed on our last night to be replaced by a group of young lads. All we can say is, if we hadn't been leaving early the following morning we would have asked to be moved!

Please avoid

by TripAdvisor Member xps

I only wish to leave a short note regarding this hotel ,although I could transcribe the full A4 paged complaint I have just issued to my travel agent. We arrived at this hotel in June after booking a 7 day break last March. On arrival we were told after presenting our passports for photocopying that the hotel was overbooked. My husband is disabled and was obviously tired after travelling, and needed to take urgent medication, which needs to be taken in privacy; this was ignored by hotel managment. We were then moved to a family hotel in a completely different resort some miles away, which an able bodied athlete would not be able to walk from to Palma Nova and vice versa. For legal reasons I am not going to go into anymore details, however please be very careful if you book this hotel, I say this because many guest's booked at the Palma Nova palace at the same time as us, experienced moves to other resorts and hotels. The whole experience was APPALLING and our holiday totally ruined.

IT IS NOT A 4 STAR!

Hello
My friend and I decided to book a last minute 4 night stay in Majorca in an all inclusive hotel, in Palma Nova or Magaluf and it was between 2 hotels the Mimosa Park or the 4 star Palma Nova Palace so we looked at the reviews and the Mimosa Park came on top.
We booked on Friday the 23rd June 2006 to start a 4 night stay from Tuesday the 27th June 2006.
When we arrived the receptionist took our Passports and photocopied them and then informed us that they were over booked at the Mimosa Park and we were being shipped out to their 4 star sister hotel (even though we had only booked 4 days previously)- oh great we thought, 4 star! - but then he said it was to the Palma Nova Palace!!!!!!!!! oh no we cried as we could have booked that one but we didnt want to go there, and we were annoyed as the hotel had only took our booking 4 days ago!!!
Anyway we thought as we were only on a four night stay we would not complain and go with an open mind.
Our room was fine and it had a pool view.
The thing that we want to complain about is that there was not a lot of choice of food, small selection of salad, two main choices of hot meal (and there is only so much veal and sprouts you can have!) 1 veggie choice, 1 choice of soup and your ususal sweets.
Usually you can find something you like but we seemed to live of salads and made our own sandwiches and I can assure you we are not fussy eaters, we did try honest!.
Normally at an all inclusive hotel you have different choices of drinks in the restaurant - not here - the choices you had were soft drinks, wine and water all on tap (disgusting! and we also like a drink!) no hot drinks - and if you wanted beer or any other drink you had to get your drink from the poolside bar and either walk through the hotel or climb about 12 steps to the restaurant.
The in between 'snacks' consisted of salad with sardines, plate of cheese or cold meat and chips, and you could make your own toastie if you chose to , but to be honest that didnt look appitising at 10.30 in the morning.
Normally you can get snacks around the pool - sandwiches, hamburgers, hotdogs, toasties made for you etc but the poolside bar did not cater for this.
The entertainment (if you can call it entertainment) one night was - wait for it - see how many toilet rolls you can stack up, and how many playing cards you can throw in a box! I can assure you this is not 4 star entertainment.
Both myself and my friend have stayed in numerous 3/4 star all inclusive hotels all over including Magaluf and Majorca and we can assure you that this is most definately NOT A FOUR STAR HOTEL.
This is the first time that we have both felt that we had to put pen to paper and let people know, firstly we are annoyed that the Mimosa Park was overbooked when we had only booked it 4 days previously (and we went and had a look and spoke to different people and there were no complaints about this hotel)
and secondly the Palma Nova Palce need to sort out the food/drinks and entertainment situation in evenings.
The entertainment rep worked very hard and the hotel was clean, air conditioned and the staff all were very friendly.
Behind the reception was a Thompson Gold Certificate for 1998! and Thompsons do not use this hotel anymore therefore they should not be advertising the fact.
If anyone does stay here please be careful of your patio door as some have faulty locks - I was locked out on the balcony for 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 STAR HOTEL .............4 STAR MY A--E!!!!!!!!!!!

From the Perspective of a Single Traveller

by TripAdvisor Member Kelle17

Ok when I arrived @ the hotel very late (2am) on Saturday 8th July there was no room booked for me, this wasnt the hotel's fault but my travel agent (Thomas Cook), this finally got sorted & found my room, my first impressions of the hotel when I got up on Sunday Morning were that it was Clean & Tidy... however no way is it a Four Star Hotel, I work for a Four Star Deluxe Hotel in the UK, and there is no way that the Palma Nova Palace is that now, maybe in the 1980's!

Pool Area:
The Pool & Sun Lounge were a lot smaller than other hotels on the Island, but you could still find a sun lounger & still swim a few lengths in the pool.
Hotel Bars:
2 Bars (Pool Bar Daytime, Saloon Bar Evening) both bars operate a 3 Drink Limit, and there is a large selection of Drinks... oh and the male Bar Staff are Gorgeous Looking! no really they are!
Restaurant:
Buffet Style Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks throughout the Day, food was pretty basis but you can find something to whether it just be a choice of Meat, Chips & Salad.
Hotel Room:
Very Basic Room, but very clean. Only one plug socket in the Bedroom which was a pain, however there was one in the Bathroom so able to Straighten hair in there. Bathrooms have Bath & Shower Combined & was also cleaned daily. Only British Channel was Sky News which got a bit boring! I was on the 1st Floor overlooking the Pool Bar Area which got quite noisy late @ night when people sat outside. Room was also overlooked a road, which meant I couldnt open the Curtains as I was a bit paranoid about people looking in.
Hotel Facilities:
The Hotel had its own Entertainment Team which I didnt join in with, however others seemed to have a lot of fun!
Hotel also has a Internet Terminal which is charged @ 1 Euro for 12 Minutes, 2 Euros for 30 Minutes.

If you are not looking for luxury in hotel, but somewhere that is clean, tidy & of a Decent standard, you could do far worse than booking here, they made me feel very comfortable & would stay again.

Kelle Scott, Birmingham

wouldnt return

by TripAdvisor Member danabruttig

I stayed in the hotel on a student field trip. Our bedding wasnt changed in the whole two weeks. On arrival I found my sheet stained with either blood or red wine. Food was the same every night. My friend found something in her chicken. We were kept awake with the elderly people flamenco or tap dancing right underneath us till early hours and as we had to get up early to do our field work, it was hard going. I doubt those who were there on an all inclusive had the same bed linen and towels for the duration. Dread to think of what the place is like during the summer season

Well we love this this Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member twodogslynn

I have been reading all the reviews on this Hotel as we are considering returning for the 3rd time this year. We went in January and liked it so much we returned in May.
In May we had a fabulous room on the 8th floor overlooking Palma Bay.
I guess it all a matter of luck .In the past we have horrendous rooms in Spanish hotels .The worst being a view of the dustbins.
Personally I love the sound of the bells and we found the food excellent and had no trouble getting more than enough to drink.Particularly enjoyed the coffees from the bar.
I agree the entertainment is a bit limited but I have yet to go to a Spanish hotel where it is much good and I have being going since 1980.
Its comfortable and clean but doesnt have much in the way of facilities but I have just returned from a 4 star hotel with excellent facilities but lousy food.
I especially like the lack of children and the little fridge in our room.
I have yet to find the perfect hotel in Spain but this presses most of the buttons for me.

A pleasant stay!

by TripAdvisor Member acheekymunky

After reading some bad reviews before we left about double bookings we were very concerned as we were only going for 3 nights.

We arrived at the hotel and gave in our confirmation of booking sheet (which the lady looked a bit miffed that we had it! probably meant she couldnt move us into the hotel next door 'the palma nova hotel' as we had heard a few stories of that happening).

Anyway we had two rooms and the receptionist advised us that we may not have a door on the safe in the room. Luckily one of the rooms did have the door on the safe so we used that during our stay but we heard a story of a couple who got to their room and didnt have a door on their safe so they went to tell reception when they came back up their money had been stolen from their room! Whilst we were there a lot of stories were going around of people having their money stolen but you just have to becareful as some people may just be jumping on the band wagon for a freebie!!

The rooms were clean and spacious and had a television and phone. The hotel was all inclusive and i really enjoyed the choice of food. a good mixture of veg, salad and cooked food with a chef serving meat off the joint of an evening. Although I probably would of got bored with the food after 7 days, i could not fault it.

The pool area is quite small and poorly laid out as half of the sunbathing area is covered by shade for half the day and the sun umbrellas were stationary so that kind of dictated where you had to put your beds.

The pool bar had lovely (and very attractive!) bar tenders were you could get 3 drinks at a time and all were ice cold. Although pool bar is meant to serve snacks i didnt see any of this and we just ate at the restaurant which was only open certain parts of the day.

There was entertainment of a night time and they play bingo each evening although we never joined in the lounge area was packed each evening for others who were obviously enjoying it!

The hotel is in an excellent location for the beach and also magaluf. We also went to Peurto Portals one evening which was 5 euros in a taxi and I would highly recommend for cocktails when the sun is going down!

Overall i would recommend this hotel as it was clean, in excellent location and in no way did it affect my holiday. I really enjoyed myself. Just keep your valuables safe and take a confirmation sheet so they dont move you to the 3* hotel next door!

Adults only - What more can i say?

by TripAdvisor Member Jenna_Paul

Came here with my mam and dad. We all had a wail of a time. We tended to stay around the pool through the day where the entertainers certainly entertained us! We won lot's of certificates and plenty of cheap bubbly! Even Bingo was a delight.

Would recommend to everyone except people with young children and hen/stag party's!

short break stay

by TripAdvisor Member mum2tess&ev

Just arrived back from a 3 night stay with my husand (left kids at home) for my 40th birthday. First impression was it looked okay. Reception was quick and easy, room was very impressive as it wasn't tired or dated looking and was very clean and cool. More often than not some hotels' air conditioning can be a bit smelly but theirs worked ok and wasn't too noisy. Food was tasty and hot, which isn't sometimes the norm in AI hotels. Downside was the pool. Don't expect to get much sunbathing done after 3pm as the sun disappears behind the hotel very quickly. We also found out that it comes out quite late in the morning too (this is down to the design of the hotel building, the land it lies on and the height of the building). Another downside was our balcony was connected to a fire escape and our patio doors didn't lock properly. As we didn't have a vast amount of cash with us we decided to carry what we had and use an ATM if needed. If we were staying a bit longer I think we would have asked to be moved. As it's an adult only hotel it would suit the older traveller (ave age their 65!!) so we did feel a bit out of place but outside the hotel was find. We fully intended not spending our evenings their so we ate out a lot and the food and facailities in Palma Nova were excellent. We would definately go back to the resort but maybe not the same hotel, at least not until we retire.

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member flora_and_milky

me and my partner have just returned from this hotel (18th sept 06) and i can personally say on behalf of both of us that we had a gr8 holiday this hotel is spottless we are only in our 20s we mixed with mostly older ones and still had a ball. the entertainment was brilliant as were the staff keith and sonia the bar staff are sexy (1 in particullar) and the food was lovely. the pool area was a bit small but no complaints as i wasnt fussed where i lay and the weather was hot theres defonately NO RATS!!! so whoever says that are talking [--]. we are going back to this hotel again for xmas.

Mallorca Island (Spain)Mallorca Island (Spain)

Crown of Thorns by Gaudi / rose windowsCrown of Thorns by Gaudi / rose windows

Cala D'Or - SpainCala D'Or - Spain

Palma de Mallorca ViewsPalma de Mallorca Views

Tarain times

by Loopsy

How often do the trains go to Soller on the wild west train ? I will be in Palma on the 12 sept but only for one day from 1pm-11pm because we are with a cruise ship. Would it possible to fit this excursion in,in this time?

RE: Tarain times

by russian_yaz

Hello...Yes, U can go to Soller without problem. On this website U can check the Soller train schedule:

U can go in the train and come back to Palma in bus if U're short in time... good luck!

Comments