Panoramic Hotel

Hi! Panoramic Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 118% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Palma de Mallorca

Great views on the journey to Cap de FormentorGreat views on the journey to Cap de Formentor

Cathedral (Palma de Mallorca, Spain)Cathedral (Palma de Mallorca, Spain)

Almudaina Palace insideAlmudaina Palace inside

Bellver CastleBellver Castle

The Train to Soller

by ladysail

Hello....I'll be in Palma de Mallorca for one day, Friday, Oct 30, and would like to take the train to Soller...I'm coming by way of cruise ship, and our time in port is 8am to 6pm......

I'm having trouble finding times for the train. I've tried to go to their website but can't seem to find any information.

Is it possible to take the train and return back into the port well within my time frame? Would you know how far the train station is from the port?

What would be the cost of a return trip?

If someone has a link to this information..that would be great, too!

Thank you in advance for any information.....!!

by gildapaolina

Try those links, hope they could help:

Wish you a nice trip!

by ladysail

Thank you...those links are very useful. Could you help me just a little more....from my understanding of the timetable....it looks like it takes the train about 30 to go from Palma to Soller. Is that correct? Also, there is further transportation to the port of Soller...is that correct?

I didn't see anywhere regarding the cost of the train....perhaps I could email them.

Thank you once again for your help!!

by qaminari

As you can see from http://www.tramuntana.info/transport.html, there is a tram (€4) from the port to the station where you can catch the train.
Googling will tell you the price of a train ticket Palma-Soller is €9 one way, €14 return, see http://wikitravel.org/en/Soller.

by ladysail

Thank you for the answers to the prices. I have been googling and trying to find out...I guess I wasn't asking the question properly. Your answers are great, and I appreciate your kindness!!

It sounds like a great adventure!

by sibbel

Gives you an impression of the (historic) train trip from palma to (port) soller.

by saillady

Thank you Sibbel for the web site. Although I couldn't reach it directly, somehow I did get to it another way. There is alot of information regarding the train to Soller, then the trolley to Port Soller....and the bus back to Palma.
Considering our ship doesn't get to Palma until 8am...I may take the bus to Soller, and the train back to Palma.

Regarding the pronunciation of Soller is it said

like: So-eye-er, or So-eye-a...with the final a, being a long a, as in 'take'

Thank you again!!

Travel Tips for Palma de Mallorca

Visit the island, there are so...

by tabatha

Visit the island, there are so many beautiful places, like the capital, palma de mallorca, amazing One day, a mallorquin guy said to me that i´m very curios. after my question 'why ?' he said that he was surprised for the reason i said 'please' and 'thanks'. seems not to be very usual for the most of the german tourists.
I think this is not my best memory but the most shocking one !

Hidden gardens and interior patios

by Klod5

Behind the big doors of particular hotels of the city of Palma, hide of very beautiful courses or the admirable patios.
It is necessary to take advantage of the least portal opened to be going to admire.

Don?t miss Mallorca food

by ncfg about Hotel Samos Restaurant

At the Hotel Samos, every day the dishes were great.
Typical dishes like the famous "paella" are don?t miss food .... and don't forget the ?Ensaimada? for desert.

A fantastic thing in this hotel was the picnics. When you don?t eat in the hotel, you say to them in the previous day and they will prepare your meal to take on a picnic.
I think it is a great idea because if you want to explore the island and not be worried about your meal you bring it with you. I did it sometimes. Paella was my favorite dish.

Cuevas del Drach

by ncfg

One amazing place in Mallorca is the Drach Caves, they are known all over the world. Inside you can admire Martel Lake, one of the largest underground lakes in the world.
I watched a concert of classical music in there.
The beauty of these caves is considered to be exceptional because of the ligthting, planned and carried out by Dr. Buigas.
The caves are opened to the public all year round.

Beautiful streets that leads to the Cathedral

by ncfg

Palma city is located a few miles from Magalluf, where I stayed. I took a bus and I went there.
It is a beautiful town with lovely gardens and beautiful buildings. There are great shoping areas and you can do some shopping there. Why not to buy some souvenirs?
You can see in photo the beautiful street that leads to the Cathedral.
Did I tell you about the amazing gardens that surround the Cathedral? Yes they are a must see and must enjoy! It is a perfect place to rest after a walk in the town.

Comments