C/ Cala Blanca 2, Magalluf, Majorca, 07182, Spain

Costs 59% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Sol Trinidad

Sol Trinidad a nightmare

June - July 2006 Family of 3

We have just returned from this hotel and it was a nightmare. The beds were only chaged twice in 2 weeks and that was after I complained. I was forced to clean the room floor myself as it was so dirty. When I spoke to the cleaner one morning I got a barrage of abuse in Spanish. My son's football top mysteriously disappeared from the room and I had to end up putting my cigarettes in the safe as they were disappearing too.
There was party after party of Hen and Stag Groups who woke everyone with their shouting and banging on returning to the hotel at 4, 5 and 6 o'clock in the morning. They were throwing patio chairs off the balconys as well as cans of lager before the went out.
If you complained the reception staff just shrugged to say the could do nothing and were very unfriendly. I have stayed in lots of Sol Melia hotels and I always thought that Sol hotels were family orientated but this was like an 18 to 30. Everyone was complaining (except of course the hen and stag parties). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Good Location, Miserable Staff

My husband and I stayed in the Sol Trinidad during the summer 2006 season. We could not have asked for a hotel with a better location. It's right across the street from the beach and a 2 minute walk to all the bars and clubs. The rooms are good size and very clean. Not enough lounge chairs by the pool due to those rude guests that wake up early to claim their chair with their towel and then go back to bed. Evening entertainment catered towards children and an older crowd. We were brave enough to try the food once and regretted it. We were the ONLY Americans in the hotel and at breakfast we discovered why. This hotel and ALL hotels and restaurants in Magalluf cater to British travelers....American's BEWARE!!!.....the food in Magalluf is terrible. The only major problem we encountered at this hotel was the sour attitude of the staff. I've never been treated so badly by a hotel staff in my life. They walk around with scowls on their faces and have nothing pleasant to offer. Coming from a Hospitality driven city like Orlando, Florida I expect to be treated a certain way when you pay for services in a hotel. We were not even given the common courtesty of a smile. I will NOT return to this hotel!!

Good all-round hotel with great location

by TripAdvisor Member midnightbay

Very happy with our stay at the hotel. Rooms were cleaned daily, the selection of food was great (although we only made it to breakfast once). Staff weren't particularly friendly but very organised and effecient. The pool area was good, as was the evening entertainment.
The best thing about the hotel was its fabulous location. About a two-minute walk to the Strip and seven or eight minutes from BCM. Oh, and literally a 30-second walk to Benny Hill's (definitely the best, most cheezy bar in town!)
Good hotel, not much peace and quiet, but we are talking about a hotel in the MIDDLE of MAGALUF. If you want somewhere quiet, try the Sol Barbados or the Majorca Beach.

Absolutely perfect

by TripAdvisor Member geordiegals

This hotel is in a perfect position, the beach is 2 minutes away as are plenty of bars and entertainment. The hotel was spotless and the rooms very spacious, showers had plenty of hot water all day. The staff were friendly and the food was very nice. The hotel had a mixture of guests and any trouble or rowdy behaviour was quickly stopped by the security, The hotel has an indoor pool, an outdoor pool and a smaller pool for children. There was no sleep disruption as the hotel isnt right in the middle of the bars but its a very close stroll to them. All the bars are child friendly. BCM nightclub is a 5 minute walk away and the main strip is about 10mins walk. All in all a lovely hotel in a good position with friendly staff.

Awful awful hotel - Do not saty here!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member happytraveller13

To save you the time of reading all of this, in summary, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Please do not go here if you want a quality, clean, friendly place to stay.

The staff were very unfriendly and really couldn't be bothered to help in anyway.
The hotel was full of drunk idiots who made everybody elses stay a misery. There is no way that I would have spent any time at the pool as it was constantly surrounded by drunk idiots, and the pool really didn't look clean.

Talking of cleanliness, my room wasn't cleaned the whole time I was there. I found a vitamin pill on the bathroom floor from the last guest in the room. I left it there to see how long it would be until the cleaner found it. It was still there when I left.

Oh - forgot to add that there are no hairdryers or fridge in the room, and no air conditioning which made the room like a sauna - especially the bathroom - it was unbearable!!

Please please don't stay here. The Sol Magaluf Park was a lot better so pay the bit extra and go there and leave this hotel to the dunk kids.

Cathedral de PalmaCathedral de Palma

Palacio Real de la Almudaina (Palma de Mallorca,SpPalacio Real de la Almudaina (Palma de Mallorca,Sp

Valldemossa, view from the monasteryValldemossa, view from the monastery

Castell de Bellver, Palma de MallorcaCastell de Bellver, Palma de Mallorca

Best shop for purchasing authentic pearls de majorca

by geri857

Please give me some advice on the best jewellery shop in Palma where I may purchase pearls de majorca. I will be there in mid to late Dec. '10

by xymmot

iT'S THE SHOPS RIGHT NEXT TO THE BIG CHURCH....MY GIRL BOUGHT SOME AND THEY STRUNG THEM RIGHT THERE. I WILL TRY TO FIND THE RECIEPT. CHEERS TOMMY X

by xymmot

FUNNY, CAN'T FIND THE RECIEPT, BUT IF YOU GO TO THE BIG CATHERAL HIGH ON THE HILL, THE ROAD ON THE SIDE (DEL PALAU REAL) HAS A FEW SMALL SHOPS THAT SELLS PEARLS. THERE ARE ABOUT THREE OF THEM BUNCHED TOGETHER ALMOST SIDE BY SIDE.
THERE IS ALSO THE ORQUIDEA PEARL FACTORY NEAR MONTUIRI. SORRY I CA'T FIND THE EXACT LOCATION BUT THE SHOP OWNERS WERE VERY HELPFUL. CHEERS TOMMY X

by ranger49

The main factory producing Majorca pearls is in Manacor. It is a popular tourist visit. The full tour ends up with a visit to the showrooms and ashop - where the pearls are sold. I passed the place almost anytime I went anywhere - it is on the main road to Palma from the east of the island. I only went into the shop once and that was a good while ago when I took my mother who wnated to buy some presents there.

by annemariebyrne

Manacor is the place to buy pearls in Mallorca ( as Ranger 49 mentioned above). If you have time to go there you can either join in one of the organised tours (info from tourist office or hotel) or you can travel independently by train. It takes about an hour from Palma, timetables here: http://www.cometopalma.com/travel_trains.shtml#

Comments