TRH Jardin del Mar Palma de Mallorca

Costs 148% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about TRH Jardin del Mar Palma de Mallorca

Good Value Apartments

by TripAdvisor Member WeeMeAyrshire

Have just returned from holiday at Jardin del Mar (2nd time) which is under new ownership (previously Barcelo). Apartments/complex still of good standard and very clean. Only complaint is that the bar staff are not as friendly as staff in other hotels/apartment complexes i have stayed in. Wonderful to wake up to the sun shining and a sea view over the bay. Apartments are well situated to take in the nightly entertainment (which on the whole is usually very good tribute bands) at Irish Square. Shops, cafes, restaurants, supermarket all nearby. Very good chinese rest. almost across the road from the Jardin del Mar.

Location of apartments may not be suitable for those with any kind of disability due to fact that they are situated up an incline - can be a bit of a struggle, even for a young fit healthy person, after a long day spent walking about elsewhere. But, all things considered, i would recommend this apartment complex.

Our home from home

by TripAdvisor Member Brnladd

We are both senior citizens and have stayed at the Jardin Del Mar every year for about 11 years, I've lost count. We loved it from the start, the staff (mostly the same in all that time) are friendly and helpful. It is worth paying the extra for a sea view. We used to go half board but I found the dinners not really good enough for the whole 14 days, we now go s/c and perhaps eat there a few times. The pool-side snack bar is good at lunch time. We look forward to returning there every May.

Unfriendly Staff

by TripAdvisor Member RobertNewcastle

I stayed at the Jardin Del Mar in May of this year(2007) the best thing about it was the weather. I was twice confronted with cockroaches in the bathroom in the morning and found the staff at the front desk rude and unfriendly especially the english woman who was rude to both me and my elderly mother, and who doesnt understand the simple words like please or thank you. the guests in the nearby rooms stayed awake most of the night talking in loud voices on their balcony's . When i brought this to the attention of the staff i was told to get some earplugs!
I dread to think what the staff will be like near the end of the season. My advice if you are going to work on reception at a hotel please be pleasent to the guests many have saved all year for their holidays and it is nice to be made to feel welcome. This is my third year in Santa Ponsa and the first time at this hotel. My advice take your business somewhere else.

Great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member fizzandlil

Stayed here 16th - 23rd August (myself, hubby, & 2 kids 13 &11). Lovely location with great views over the bay. Room very cramped with 4 of us (twin beds, sofa bed & camp bed) but very clean. Kitchen also small (no toaster but you could hire one from reception! No kettle - had to boil water in a pan!)
Staff friendly & helpful (except reception on the day I went down to report that the maid had only left us 3 bath towels and was told "sorry we have a problem with the laundry today & have no towels"!!!)
Pool area & poolside bar kept clean & tidy but like everyone else we had issues with the sun lounger situation! Doors to poolside are kept locked until 8am each morning but the enthusiastic are queueing up at 7.30am!!! One day 4 beds next to us had towels on them & had still not been occupied at 6pm as we left. Pool itself was rather on the small side & got rather crowded.
Hotel entertainment left a lot to be desired. Entertainment team consisted of 2 girls (Aransa & Eeda) but it seemed that only Eeda did anything. Aransa preferred to sit & get the children to do her job whilst she relaxed!
Only had breakfast here once & it was of a good quality & plenty of choice. (Beware the bars round the hotel offer breakfast for 4.50Euros but then charge a lot for orange juice/tea/coffee etc).
Would recommend the Mexican - think it was called El Sombrero on the way in to town - fantastic meal & plenty of it. Also the grill bar almost opposite enterance with the green awning. Ate here on the last night & meal was magnificent. We could have done without the starters or even just had starters!
All in all we had a good holiday & have certainly stayed in worse accommodation. Would not choose to go back to this hotel but if I booked a last minute & discovered that I was staying here then I would not be dissappointed.

Great appartments

by TripAdvisor Member Mia25

Great appartments, clean, good size for two of us. Best to book frontal sea view, you have to pay a bit extra but worth it for the great views over the sea and the beach.
Bedroom and bathroom were a good size. Overall very clean, friendly staff, great location, pool is a good size too. Would definately stay there again.

GREAT HOLIDAY

by TripAdvisor Member denise7ly

Great hotel, people were very friendly and helpfull there on our arrival.rooms for two were jus perfect.sorry we didnt get a sea view room though.pool and poolside was lovely and clean.
this time to the year was quiet for our age group(24-28),nite life was a bit quiet for us.only short walk from town which was great and for good irish food go to MRS MURPHYS KITCHEN.excellent food and very very quick service.

Well worth the stay in the hotel
will stay again

nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bluepc

Hotel is lovely and clean. Bedroom fine for 2 or 3, too small for a family of 4. Sunbeds situation is a joke, all the beds would be taken by 8.10. Watched from my balcony one morning, saw women pushing, running and throwing towels on beds.They would go back to their rooms and not use the beds all day. Not fair! The snack bar by the pool was good value. The pool got very packed, very small shallow end.Would not stay there again, not relaxing enough by the pool. No comfort.

good stay

by TripAdvisor Member GEN_DIT

The Hotel was OK and after talking with other guests I wish I had paid the extra for an all inclusive deal. The indoor heated pool was very handy during the unfortunate non sunshine days. After a great 2 week stay I feel the hotel is in a good location and would visit again after considering the following points: The appartment size, the mini kitchen does not have a microwave oven, oven or toaster for self catering and you can hear all your holiday neighbours. English speaking TV channels were Sky News, CNN, Euro sport and BBC 1&2, however we lost BBC 1&2 signals during the evening. A good stay overall.

Excellent stay

by TripAdvisor Member patmcd

Just returned from a one week stay at the jardin and was pleasantly surprised at the overall standard of hotel.Rooms were more than adequete for two people though i think they would be a bit cramped for more than three people .Paid a bit extra for sea view but the views when you awake in the morning were well worth the extra money.Rooms were spotless and well maintained during our stay with fresh towels every other day .The down side was the hotel didn't give enough information on what was available on site though they give you a leaflet to tell you that it was 2euro for a toaster per day ,the rest you have to find out by yourself .Hotel has indoor pool which is open during winter months, outdoor pool and poolside bar for summer, sun loungers are free ,but you have to be early as people throw their towels over them b4 breakfast which is served between 8-10.You also have to rent the tv remote which is also 2euro per day plus 12euro deposit and safety deposit box too.Hotel is central location for the Square which has tribute bands on at night through out the summer with assorted bars for your refreshments .Try The Glasgow pub for the best pints in Santa Ponsa then nip down to the Duke Of York for a bite to eat You can have a 3 course meal for under 10 euro with a quite varied menu.Also try the Carlifornia for a snack the food is superb .

strange staff .... LOL read on

by TripAdvisor Member ReadMyReview

nice hotel... location is good near the square so it is good for familys and its right on the sea front!

i went with a group of friends...we werent loud or distrupting the place, but we did have drinks in our apartments before we went out each evenings .... they turn off the lights on the balconys at 11 so obviously no one is allowed on the balconeys after then!?! ( i dont know if it is still like this!we were there about 6 years ago)

one night me and my 2 friends,my friend and her boyfriend, were sitting in our apt TALKING and the manager came up and told us to go asleep !! and proceded to tell us to turn off the lights --- in our apartment.... that we had paid for.... and were still using !! -- and wouldnt leave untill we turned off the light -- what a joke...I would understand if we were noisy but we werent!!

the staff do not like young groups of people!! nice hotel though otherwise !! pool is lovely!!

Mallorca Island (Spain)Mallorca Island (Spain)

View of a valley from the trainView of a valley from the train

Palma de Mallorca - SpainPalma de Mallorca - Spain

Palma de Mallorca ViewsPalma de Mallorca Views

jimmymike

by jimmymike

Have seen the chance of a cheap holiday 3/3/09 late deal. Name of hotel is TRH jardin del mar at Santa Ponsa Majorca. Would like to know anything about the place as I will be SC and so don't need to know about food. The deal does not include transfers by coach, if I wish to travel by arranged taxi it is £90 extra. Help please. I am fit but 75 years old. Thanks

Re: jimmymike

by doodybee

hi don't know majorca at all
but try resorthoppa for a cheaper transfer
we used it on th ecosta brava last october and it was ok and cheap enough

enjoy
Julie

Re: jimmymike

by Belsaita

I went to Mallorca a few times (sadly, usually on business trips) and never had a problem taking a taxi upon arrival. It will work cheaper than a pre-arranged transfer, and as said above, maybe you can share it with a fellow passenger

Santa Ponça is a touristy resort know as "ballyPonça" as you will find mainly Irish tourists there, some from other nationalities, hardly any Spaniard. Not the ideal place if you want to feel any Spanish flavor. But this seems to be the perfect vacation place for some. March weather tends to be still pretty cold in Mallorca (at least for local standards) and my guess is some restaurants/bars will be closed off season (but not sure about his)

Comments