TRH Torrenova Palma de Mallorca

C/ Torrenova 25-27, (formerly Barcelo Torrenova), Palma Nova, Majorca, 07181, Spain
Hotel TRH Torrenova
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 176% more and rated 23% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about TRH Torrenova Palma de Mallorca

families stay away

by TripAdvisor Member trekernewcastle

date 21-05 -2007
I arrived at the trh torrenova on the 13-05-2007 for a weeks holiday and left on the 14-05-2007 i hope this says it all.
I booked this hotel through a well known website whome i shall not name and have only mentioned because i stated on my booking that i required a cot for a 9 month old baby only to be told on arrival at 11pm by the most un-helpful reception staff we do not have one and maybe we will have one tomorrow at 12 o clock next day no cot hence one of my reasons for leaving this hotel.
to cut a long story short this hotel is full of stag and hen parties and is NOT FOR FAMILIES as their is constant rowdiness all night long if this review prevents one family from avoiding the nightmare we encoutered it will have been sucessful YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Going downhill

by TripAdvisor Member maggieb64

My family & i have been to this hotel 9 times now but after going on 9th september we were told the hotel had been taken over it's now called trh torrenova and there are lots of changes for the worst im afraid.

This hotel/apartments had a beautiful resturant which has now been closed you could go half board or pay for meals as & when you wanted now you have to use the pool bar which is fine if it's not raining as it closes & doesn't serve food after 3.00pm.The entertainment staff have been hired by a agent & they do no entertainmemt all day or night we went down a few times & there was only 3 or 4 people sitting the bar staff were very board as they had no customers to serve.The bar had run out of bottles ie bottled beer,bacardi breezers,smirnoff ice ect they only had spirits or pints of beer/lager. The reception has a sign up saying towels will be changed every 4 days that wasn't true we had to report to reception that our towels were never changed neither were the sheets we were there for 2 weeks.When the maid did come in to clean i felt like asking her for her brush as she only gave the floor a very quick going over there was dust & bits lying under sofa's & beds you had to look for the maids to get toilet roll as they never left any.

The day before we left we got up to find there was no electricity or water no one could tell us what was going on our thomson's rep just shruged it off then dissapeared not returning till sunday.After 12 hours of no electric or water we had to get hold of another thomson rep from another hotel to see what was going on.At one point the manager gathered all his staff in to the dining room and dished out sandwiches & water whilst us guests had to fend for themselfs.When we asked what do we do about going to the toilet or showering we were told to use their sister company which is about 500 yards away thats ok if you didn't have an upset tummy.So needless to say after spending 8 happy years at this hotel we now have to find some where else to stay as it seems we paid £1,275 for a bed at night

Ideal 4 groups - Shame about the hill!!

by TripAdvisor Member SELBYLOU

11 Hens on a Hen Do in Magaluff!

CHECK IN
Upon arrival at the hotel there were quite a few people checking in and the two members of staff on reception were struggling! There was quite a bit of waiting around but eventually we were seen to. There was a bit of confusion with regards to the room and the male receptionist got quite rude as he said that not enough rooms were booked, it was only when he found his confirmations that he realised he was talking rubbish and infact we did have the right amount of rooms, etc!

The rooms we booked were all one bed apartments, 3 out of the 4 rooms were apartments but one was a studio which was a little annoying as the studios were cheaper therefore the girls in that room lost out.

Those of us who were staying in the apartments got straight into our rooms, however the girls who were in the studio were told the room wasn’t ready and so had to wait for it to be ready, the reception kept fobbing the girls off “10mins” “15mins” in the end they had been waiting a total of 3 hours before they got in the room, the girls were irritated by this. There was a situation that arose regarding the maid having a go at the girls as they had gone to the room and were not allowed, I don’t know the exact tale just that it ended in raised voices with the main abuse coming from the Spanish speaking maid.

THE ROOM
When I got to our room I was quite pleased at it for what we paid, less than £60 I think for 3 nights (bargain).

The room was spacious with a bedroom with 2 twin beds, bathroom with bath and shower (wouldn’t get a bath though!), lounge area with kitchenette which was well stocked with plenty of crockery, etc, table and 4 chairs, 2 sofa beds and TV! I was most impressed that the air con was FREE!! I can’t bear to get ready in the heat, it’s a no go!! So the free air con was a bonus alright!! We were on the ground floor in room 508 which was right outside the kids play area but as there weren’t that many families in the hotel we didn’t have any probs with kids playing, etc.

The issues with the room were:
•Fridge didn’t work and clearly hadnt been cleaned in a long time as it smelt very very bad. Luckily 2 of our party were in the room next door so I used the fridge in that room.
•Air Con – this did work but not very well, it wasn’t at all powerful compared to the other rooms, I didn’t mind though as it was enough to not get a sweat on when getting dressed!!
•Mirrors – there was one mirror in the room, yes it was a huge one in the bathroom but there should have been one above the dressing table in the bedroom
•Shower – although this worked it wasn’t particularly powerful, it kind of trickled out but did the job in the end!

From what I remember I don’t think there were any other issues with the rooms. Also, on speaking with the other girls I think the rooms they were in were ok apart from the girls who got the studio but should have got an apt. I think they said they had a leaky fridge.

SECURTY
The rooms came with a safety deposit box at a cost of 5 euros, bargain. I would defo recommend getting one of these (I didn’t but the other girls did so I shared).

On our last night out were over heard 2 parties advising reception that they had been broken into and had had money stolen, I’m not sure how this came about, etc. But it’s better to be safe than sorry.

On a night out one of the girls sadly had her bag stolen from her side, it contained the room key, safety deposit key, money, plus all things girls carry in bags. When we got back to the hotel the receptionist wasn’t very helpful and said to come back in the morning, we asked that he make a note of it so that it was recorded we told them about it. My friend got a taxi to the local cop shop the next day and got it sorted so that she could claim on insurance on her return. As the safety deposit key had been lost they had to pay for a new lock to be fitted, I don’t know the cost but it was sorted quite quickly I think!

During the day you can get away with a lot from jumping in the pool, even men can walk round in Borat style swimsuits but on a night it’s a different story!! When you get back to the hotel you were met but the most aggressive security man in the world! You didn’t even have to utter one word and he went mad telling you to be quiet, etc!! It was even more comical when you were sat on your balcony having a quiet chat with your roomies when he would come over and go totally off his head telling you someone had rung reception (I don’t think they had as it was the same excuse every night) then he would shout in Spanish and all you could understand were the words “POLICE” & “STREET” This man really grinding on everyone, a lot of folk were on the balcony after a night out, he needs to take a chill pill or get a different job!

LOCATION & HOTEL
Overall the hotel was pretty good with a lovely pool!

The location was a little bit poor as it was at the top of a very steep hill, less steep if you turn right as you leave the hotel but a longer walk than if you went left!

We would walk down on a night out but get a taxi back at the end of the night, they only cost 3 euros so not that it was breaking the bank or your back for that matter! Just remember to say TRH Torrenova hotel as there are a lot of Torrenova hotels and you might get taken to the wrong one like we did!!

On the last day we were able to keep the room till 6pm for a cost of 25 euros per room, this is reasonable so we did this!!

EVALUATION
I would go back to this hotel if I was in a big group of girls, boys, etc but I wouldn’t recommend this place for families or couples as its just not the type of hotel for these kind of folk, well that’s unless you are as loud and wild as the big groups of boys and girls that go here!!

The hotel & pool area gave the feeling that you were on a ship which was a really nice feel!

We went to Palma Nova one night to Banana Joes – what a trek and it wasn’t that good, well it was good the atmosphere we made but it wasn’t very busy! Magaluff was much closer, about 10mins walk down the hill and this was mental, the busiest resort I have been to ever and I have been to a few places!! If you love cheese and a good boogie get yourself to Mulligan’s, you can’t miss it!!

Tip – if you are in a big group and wish to eat before going out, do so by going out no later than 8pm as it takes up a good few hours as the restaurants cant seem to cope with big numbers! I recommend the restaurant El Salmon, sell most foods and it lush!

ENJOY!

Nice enough!

by TripAdvisor Member Gazagg

Stayed here with my Fiance in Aug 2006 for 9 nights. Arriving in the early hours the Reception staff were friendly, quick and very helpful. Once checked in and found our room I was fairly pleased. It is basic but very clean and a decent size. The view from our balcony over the pool and sea was beautiful.

Our bedroom was situated to the other side and on road side which was quite noisy with passing traffic and people. The pool area is large and loads of sunbeds although they aren't the most comfortable.

The hotel is located on the top a of a bank but it wasn't that bad. In fact the walk into Palma Nova along the beach is quite pleasant although not as close as I thought it would be. Overall pleased and was well worth the money.

A cleaninglady stole my money, and the management didn't care a bit

by TripAdvisor Member lillimaria

Our doors were locked and nothing else was not taken but my money. yea, I know I should had a safety box, but I didn't and a cleaning ledy stole my money. When I went to talk to the manager of the hotel he didin.t listen me at all, he was just like "no, not my staff. This has happened before (also this summer), but it is somebody else, you must have left you door open" (the doors were locked).
So, if you go to this hotel, you MUST take a safetybox, and but everything, what is worth something, there.

Loved this hotel went in sept 2004 liked it that much went back in 2005

by TripAdvisor Member beadieshelly

Best hotel we have ever stayed in whilst holidaying abroad.

My partner and i stayed at this hotel twice sept 2004 and 2005

We found the staff really friendly, never had a problem with maids been theifs and i had jewellery,money and designer things all over the place....however i think our room was only cleaned once and from what i can remember i think we enterd our room whilst the maid was just finishing.
We went with first choice and our reps were brilliant....especially stacie sept 2004....she could not do enough for u.

The hotel itself is clean and smart and the views from our balony where out of this world.

We didnt eat any meals in the hotel we went to ruby tuesdays for brekkie and diff retaurants on a night however crussos is fab (i would of ate there everynight).

Not totally satisfied

by TripAdvisor Member sexyfi77

I went to this apartment last year, me and my two friends on a girly holiday. We are all aged around 20. The apartment itself was basic and ok to stay in for people of our age. Although we did have many problems. I read some of these reviews before I went so I was quite warey. We arrived about 10 am our room was not ready until 12.45 we could not leave reception because we had all out cases. As did other guests. The man on reception was not much help either.

Also we left a sign on our door saying no cleaning today do not disturbe, the maid still came in. As we packed to leave we noticed some of our stuff was missing such as perfume, two tops and some more personal belongings. We told reception and he basically said there is nothing they can do. Which was shocking. Thankfully there was no money missing. But I warn you do not leave expensive thing lying around. Apart from all this I had a good holiday, if we ever needed a taxi the hotel would gladly ring one for us. I think the customer service at this hotel is very poor.

I think this apartment is better for young people rather than families. And beware of your belongings. Also my friend hada lock on here case and kept stuff in there, when we got back the lock was broke.

Back of tha net.

by TripAdvisor Member yoah

Was there for a stag do and it is a really dead on spot. The veiws are awesome. The bar man (Tilipo) was very helpful, kept the drinks flowing in for us, even when the bar ran out of booze he still kept us lit. Entertainment wasn't that good though, but that didn't bother us the slightest. The food at the place could have done with a place on the Gordon Ramsey kithchen nightmares, it wasn't great food. Not too far from where the magic happens just a five minute walk from the apartments. The beaches are the same distance as well and they are lovely. At the end fo the day we where there just to get the head down at the end of the night, well some of us where. Wouldn't hesitate to go back there.

I really enjoyed it- no where near as bad as the Reviews

by TripAdvisor Member kellylou86

I stayed here with 7 friends from 15/6/07 to the 18/6/07. We were on a 21st birthday party but we didnt want to just drink the whole time we were there.

We arrived at the hotel to find our rooms were separated but we didnt see it as being a problem. We went straight to the room and found it was very clean and comfortable. I am really fussy when it comes to bathrooms abroad but I didnt find ours a problem at all.

There were alot of young people at the hotel and I thought that we would be kept up late every night but this wasnt the case as there is a security guard making sure everyone is quiet.

During the day again there isnt alot of noise and I really enjoyed it. The views from the hotel room and the pool are fantastic. I did feel that the drinks at the hotel were quite pricy so we just bought some from the shop instead.

The lifeguard is the most grumpiest sod ever but we just ignored him. I felt very safe being here and didnt experience anyone there who had been robbed or things taken. Before I left manchester I was really worried about taking any valuables but I am not really gutted I didnt take my digital camera because i felt totally secure I would just reccommend to get a safety deposit box I think it cost about 18 euro's but you get 12 back when you leave definately worth the money.

The only bad point to the holiday was the hill. It was like climbing everest everynight. Not only that the floor is very slippy and I lost count the amount of times I nearly fell over. It did put us off going into the town. I would really reccommend using the taxi's as the hill puts a downer on your night knowing you have to climb it.

I felt overall the hotel and pool were very clean and I would reccommend this hotel again. 3/5 due to location.

okay considering it wasnt the one we booked!!!

by TripAdvisor Member pauleeen

after booking to stay at the martinique apartments for a hen do, we were packed off to stay at this one instead (see my review on martinique if you wanna hear thatstory!!)

anyway, it was a nicer hotel so we were probably better off, although there were still lots of big groups staying there, so i dont know if its ideal for families and couples.

location - well situated, about 5 -10 mins walk to the main bit, but a fairly nasty hill to negotiate in the middle!! the hotel itself is in a quiet area, and thre is a little security guard keeping watch on the hotel overnight to keep the noise down. the pool is lovely and right on the cliff edge, we had a lovely sea view and got a nice breeze too.plenty of sunbeds too and the pool is a decent size. there is a little kiddies pool too, although there was ny many children there when we were.

the reception staff were helpful, didnt really eat or drink there, there is a supermarket over the road for snacks and drinks etc. there is entertainment on in the bar area but again, we didnt really knock around thr hotel so cant really comment on it.

the rooms were clean and on our second day the maids wanted in to clean but i wouldnt let them cos i had a hangover and was tyring to nap!! there were four of us in a room, two single beds and two settees which didnt unfold, but were still comfy! two closets and cooker, toaster, fridge etc. tv in room too, and balcony with tables and chairs.

it was quite nice there really, considering its not the one we picked in the first place!!

would nt recommend for families and couples though

Comments