Blau Punta Reina Club

Tags

Gay and Lesbian Family Travel Budget Travel
See Amenities
kit_mc's Profile Photo

Low rise, not a tower block in sight!

by written on October 23, 2005

The resort has several restaurants and a bar, which offers entertainment of the ‘lets get the children up on stage and sing and then when the kids had gone to bed, ‘let’s get their drunk parents up on stage to sing’ variety. We opted to avoid this spectacle, but couldn’t resist walking through at around 11pm each night on the way home from the evening meal, just to see what we were missing out on… None of the restaurants are cheap, but then with most people on packages and with kids they’ve got a captive audience so it’s to be expected.

Unique Quality: This was my second ever stay in a hotel or resort of this ilk and all in all I was fairly satisfied with the place (apart from one thing - see my Porto Cristo Dangers tip). We could very easily have ended up in one of the larger even more soulless resorts, so as a package destination I’d recommend this hotel on a self catering basis, but would advise having a car. There’s a scattering of bars and restaurants within walking distance, tourist bars you understand, none of them seemed terribly exciting though. If you’ve got a family, this resort might be ideal as there aren’t that many places for your kids to ask you to spend your money! Buy them an inflatable mattress at 5 euro or send them off with the hotel reps that look after the kids during the day, lay back and enjoy the sun

Directions: On the east coast of Mallorca. South of Porto Cristo on the coast road. Follow the signs through Porto for las Cuevas del Drach and keep driving. Turn left at the second exit.

kit_mc's Profile Photo

NOT Porto Cristo either...

by written on October 23, 2005

The main thing about this place is that it’s not right in the thick of a somewhere like Cala Millor. Readers will have noted by now that Cala Millor, a place I'd compare to most of Tenerife, is my idea of holiday hell, with hardly a sign in Catala or Castillian, everything being in German or English. If I wanted to have bacon and eggs for lunch I'd stay in London and go down the Willesden High Road, thank you very much.

Unique Quality: The resort is one of two or three in Cala Mandia, all pretty much self contained, but none of them are tower blocks. Our block was three stories high, we were on the second/top floor so weren’t kept awake by screaming teenagers at night wandering past our window. Punta Reina had three decent swimming pools, the outdoor ones, I was told, were freezing (well, it was October...). They were policed by the most disinterested life-guard I’ve ever seen, mobile phone attached to ear most of the time which would have been less amusing if I'd had kids. The indoor pool was full of children (something I don’t particularly like at the best of times…) until around 5pm, so you could get a few hours in slightly more undisturbed and without blow up floatation armbands flung in your face, before it closes at 8pm if you wanted.

Though to be honest, when I swim I look like I'm drowning, thus, I don't really 'do' swimming pools anyway, so it really made no odds to me in the long run.

Directions: About a 5 minute drive south of Porto Cristo on the coast road. Follow the signs for las Cuevas del Drach and then keep on driving.

NOT Cala Millor

by written on October 23, 2005

We booked this place as part of an exceptionally cheap flight, car & hotel package through Expedia and I think we struck lucky. I saw it listed on the net as being in Porto Cristo, but as I discovered while driving back and forth in Porto for 40 minutes on arrival, it’s actually another 5 minute drive south on the coastal road in a place called Cala Mandia (also found, confusingly on road signs and maps as Cala Mendia…).

Unique Quality: The resort is made up of both studios with their own kitchen and 1 or 2 bedroom rooms. We weren’t on an ‘all-inclusive’ which meant we could come and go as we pleased and had an excuse to search out restaurants inland in Arta. It also meant that each day started with a self-catered breakfast over the pool. Ok, so it wasn’t a view of the sea, but bearing in mind most days my breakfast consists of a strong sugared coffee and a fag outside my office I wasn’t complaining!

Directions: A 5 minute drive on the coastal road south of Porto Cristo.

Nearby Blau Punta Reina Club

Blau Punta Reina Club

• Hotel Blau Punta Reina
  • Blau Punta Reina Hotel Porto Cristo

Address: Cala Mandia / Manacor, Appartado de Correos 82, Porto Cristo, 07689, Spain

9 Photos of Blau Punta Reina Club

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Porto Cristo Travel Forum

Need advice about Porto Cristo, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Porto Cristo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Porto Cristo hotel reviews