The Church Mare de Déu del Carme
The main town’s church is only stone throw from the harbor. In 1890 Jorhe San Simón, marquis del Reguer donated the plot where the first chapel was built. The construction of the current church started in 1916 according to plans of father Antoni Maria Alcover. In 1922 the construction of the Neo-Roman church was complete. In 1957 the church was enlarged and completed with the steeple in the same style. Dedicated to the Virgin del Carme, the patroness of fisherman and navigators, it was raised to parish category in 1965.
There is a wonderful view over the sea from the church square.