Ctra. Port d'es Torrent s/n, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 24% more and rated 12% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about San Remo Club Hotel

Expect a 3* and you'll love it!

by TripAdvisor Member scottyg78

DON'T LISTEN TO THE MOANERS!

My girlfriend and I (I'm 28, she's 23) stayed in the San Remo in August. We were a little worried beforehand due to some rather bad reviews on this website.

However, when we arrived we were cautiously optimistic as the foyer looked very nice. As we walked towards our room were bracing ourselved for disappointment but couldn't believe our luck upon entering the room - it was spotlessly clean, spacious and well decorated.

Walking out to the pool area was a pure joy to behold! It was as good as any modern hotel I've stayed in and the view (overlooking the other side of the bay where the bars and clubs are) was absolutely stunning. The (virtually private) beach was a nice size - not too big but still spacious enough for all. A taxi boat from right outside the hotel cost just 2 Euros, whilst a walk around the bay only took about 25 minutes and it's a lovely walk.

With the poor Tripadvisor reviews still lingering in the back of our minds, things appeared to be going too well so we still had slight reservations when going for our first meal. However, those fears were completely unfounded as the restaurant was huge, the staff efficient and courteous, and the food was of a very high standard.

Meal times continued to impress all week, with plenty of choice and variation, although salad was pretty much the same every day - but that's salad for you! The only complaint is that, on occassions, a couple of things were not as warm as perhaps they should have been.

Overall, it's a 3* hotel but a very good 3* hotel at that. So long as you don't go expecting a top-of-the-range luxurious hotel with amazing service, you'll love it.

Our only complaints were that our fridge and jacuzzi bath didn't work. We weren't bothered about the bath but we did ask them to sort the fridge on more than one occasion, but they basically said they didn't know when the engineer would be able to look at it. At the end of the day it was annoying but not something that's going to ruin your holiday.

Enoy the San Remo and forget about the picky whingers!

Scott and Christina

Best Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member stefny_j

DO NOT LISTEN TO BAD REVIEWS!
Stayed at this hotel at the beginning of september and it was brillient. we were originally suposed to stay at the sol post but they had double booked us so were sent to the san remo!!!! Was angry at the time but when we got to san remo it was def. a good thing that had happoened. we liked the hotel so much that we asked to stay and they let us with no extra charge.
The food is GORGEOUS and changes every night so theres always a good choice of food which is all buffet style! Our room was cleaned daily and staff were always polite. It has its own beach right next door and theres lots of bars and restaurants and shops just outside.
Its not the quietest of hotels as theres such good night life and the pool bar which stays open til 12 but lets face it.... u dont really go 2 Ibiza to sleep :)!
10/10

Not impressed

by TripAdvisor Member brysam

We have just returned from a last minute family holiday today staying at the San Remo.

My husband has been all inclusive before but I never had so we decided on an all inclusive especially as we had our 3 year old daughter with us.

On arrival we couldnt get into our room, but we were able to to sort out the arrival details and were told to come back after lunch, the receptionist was polite and helpful. We were given a card which you need to show at meal times with our room number on but when we got our key card we were put in a different room so had to sort that out with the restaurant manager who was very good at his job and had his eye on the ball at all times.

The food in my husbands words reminded him of school dinners, it was hot and constantly being refilled etc, although on one occassion my daughter wanted lasagne and it was raw, it was repetetive and the worst meal was breakfast. You didnt know what half the food was and the staff didnt know either, but you could get by on it, although we did end up eating out a few times.

The rooms were basic our tv had a huge crack in it, and although other nationalities were catered for english channels were either bbc world or sky news.

The jacuzzi worked if it wanted too and the mess left in the bath when finished was awful, the shower was either hot or cold.

The rooms were cleaned daily with clean towels etc.

The pool wasnt heated and the childrens pool area only got sun from about 9 - 11 in the morning.

The views are breathtaking and it was lovely looking out over the sea to San Antioni town, there was a private beach and also a taxi boat to take you over to the town or you could enjoy a walk along the coast which took about 20 mins.

Although we booked our holiday at the very last minute one reason we chose it was that there was entertainment and a kids club, there was nothing. There was also no one available to give you ideas on trips or what there is about you were just left to get on with it, so I am sure we missed a lot of stuff.

The staff were lovely, although one of the barmen was slightly bad tempered and not as friendly as the other.

We did have a nice holiday but a week was certainly long enough, and I have to say we would not be going back or recommending the hotel.

Great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member kelledin

Don't listen to the moaners below!!!!!

My boyfriend and I have just returned from the San Remo and we had a fantastic time. Our room was really nice and everything worked.

We were all inclusive and we had no problems with the food. The 'snacks' are not that amazing but we couldn't fault the food for main meals. There was always plenty of it and it was always hot and there was plenty of choice. Plus there was always enough drink (juice, water, beer etc) on hand and the bar staff were not that bad! If you are not all inclusive there are plenty of restaurants around the hotel that do good deals for food.

The location of the hotel is really good. There is a boat taxi right outside that takes you over to San Antonio and it only costs 2.50 euros (bargain!! - especially if you are spending your cash on clubbing like us!).

The only very very very very tiny thing was that one of the reception staff (small girl with dark hair, quite pretty) was really miserable and not helpful. The rest of the staff were alright.

Overall we had a brilliant time and would really recommend it. (The people below are obviously really picky and were expecting to be staying at Spain's version of the Ritz!)

We had a great holiday here

by TripAdvisor Member Ronafife

I am a single parent travelling with 2 children and was moved to this hotel as the hotel I should have been at was overbooked. I had read the reviews and was considering cancelling altogether but am glad I didn't. We were booked for San Remo but ended up in the Estanyol, they are joined by a bridge and it's just like one big hotel with 2 pools. The view from the balcony was amazing, you look right across the water. The pool was small but big enough for the adults to swim and kids to play. There were lots of different nationalities so the kids mingled with the others as there were no other British children when we arrived. Language isn't a barrier when you're playing games in the pool. The jacuzzi is great fun in the bathroom, we had our own foam party as my son decided to put bubble bath in and turn it on to see what happened! The food was okay, I'm not sure why people are moaning, I'm a vegetarian and found something to eat at every meal time, just remember you are in Spain so don't expect British food. The restaurant manager was great, really friendly and found you a seat when it was busy. The snacks aren't up to much so fill up at meal times.
There isn't entertainment in the hotel but with a resort like this there is so much to do that I wouldn't stay in the hotel anyway.
The Rodeo bar across the road is great for adults and children alike, the staff are friendly and the owner even shed a tear when we left, as did both my children.

Comments