Tropic Garden Aparthotel

C/ Pare Vicent Costa 10, Urbanització Ca's Capità, Santa Eulalia del Rio, 07840, Spain
Booking.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Tropic Garden Aparthotel

Very bad Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member a_voyagerUk

Tropic Garden is a very bad Hotel!
1) The Tropic Garden Hotel isn't a 4**** Hotel.The Garden Company sells this Hotel as 4**** but it isn't! So you pay for a 4**** Hotel but instead you buy a 3*** Hotel!
2) The Tropic Garden Hotel isn't close a beach. To go to the nearest beach you've to walk 15-20minutes.
3) Food is very low quality!!! Believe me.
4) Restaurant isn't clean. Many dishes are dirty.
4) Rooms are dirty and not clean everyday. Clean towel and pillow-case you've to ask for!
5) Sometimes larceny happens in your room!
5) Many places of the Hotel are broken! I hurt my foot round the swimming pool with a broken floor tile.Moreover are broken too: mirrors in the toilettes, chairs in front of the stage, air conditioning in the inside bar, pools, volleyball field, some machine in gymnasium, sauna. I've never seen maintenance. Too expensive?
6) Not quite. Night and day much noise!
7) Driks are sub brands. very very bad.
8) No snacks.
9) Supermarket is extremely expensive.
10) Entertainment (12fly Company) is very low quality (all shows in playback and without good choreography) and ONLY in german language and ONLY for german people (included miniclub, ONLY for german kids!!!).
11) Some worker is nice (not everyone!)
12) I tried to talk to Hotel Director about my problems, but he never received me!!! Very bad!

I advice you, if you want pass a good Holidays (especially if you've kids), don't go to the Tropic Garden Hotel!!!
A english guest

Had a fab time :)

by TripAdvisor Member smallyin

We stayed at the tropic Garden for 11 days as a family of 3, two adults and one child (6). We had a lovely time the hotel is geared towards all inclusive but as self catering we never found this an issue. The rooms were very clean and yes the hotel does have German and Spanish guests but why wouldn't it your in Europe. My daughter loved the German run Solino club she was made to feel part of the gang they were great. She learned some German numbers and Spanish ones too so an added bonus for her. The entertainment was translated in to Spanish and English and I must say normally we don't bother with this kinda thing but some nights it did give us a laugh and again my daughter loved it.. All in all we had a fab time and want to go back next year.... The resort is also lovely very typical Spanish with loads of places to eat, of good quality and the marina is fantastic. All in all a great place to stay but I would say only if you class yourself as Europeon, if not you may not like it as much as us.

Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member mumsterlancashire

We stayed at the Tropic Garden for 10 nights from 21st August - booked flights with Jet2 and hotel through Alpha Rooms. Had no problems whatsoever. Arrived at 8.15pm and were checked in and in our room within 15 minutes. Hotel great for families - plenty of sunbeds although the Brits families were a nightmare for reserving them at 8am and not using them til after lunch !! The Reception staff did have a purge a couple of times and removed all towels and placed them in bin bags on the floor. I have 2 children aged 11 & 7 and they loved the pool.

20 minute walk into Santa Eulalia and a 10 minute walk along the coastline to Playa Niu beach (very scenic and quiet). Hotel was around 70% Germans with the rest made up of British, Spanish and Dutch. All announcements made in 3 languages, i notice reviews complaining about these but from another viewpoint, if you speak German & Spanish as I do, it's a bit tedious hearing the same thing 3 times !!

The evening entertainment varied from awful (German & comedy do not go together) to OK. An Abba show, Saturday Night Fever, Magician, Brazillian music & dance, were all perfectly watchable.

Only downside as with all hotels - the stage and bar are by the pool so if you have a room overlooking the pool and sea then it's noisy at night. One night some idiots were jumping in the pool at 2am. That said though, by 1 o clock most nights, it was quiet.

1 bedroomed apartments were big enough sizewise for the four of us but if we'd had teenagers we would have gone for a 2 bedroomed one.

We didn't have any problems with the staff or Reception, whether that's because I speak the language, I don't know, but they were perfectly helpful and polite.

Santa Eulalia is a really good place to stay if you have children as the beaches are blue flag and the sea is shallow and clean.

A great value hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ffsilkworm

Bill and Barbara 58 and 56 years young respectively,
Any rating should be based on value for money; however, this holiday would have been excellent at a much higher price. The only negative this holiday had was the extreme lack of legroom on the Thomas Cook flight but it was classed as budget and only tortured us for just over 2 hours. The hotel booked separately could only be described as outstanding value for money. Our room overlooked both the pool and the sea and the view was stunning and made sitting on the balcony an absolute delight. Although we stayed on a self catering basis we took evening dinner on two occasions, the meals were well up to 4 star standard and the staff were very welcoming but because the meals were buffet style my waist could not cope with the temptation of endless food. Many descriptions of the hotel mention the German bias and this is absolutely true, however, my wife and I seek out such hotels because the standards of both the hotel and the clientele are usually better than those catering for British tastes. Finally the hotel does cater for young families but again it is a delight to see children behave like they should instead of the typical British child’s behaviour.
Full marks to Tropic Gardens.
Santa Eulalia is ideal for the more discerning and mature traveller. Santa Eulalia Marina is a 5 to 10 minute walk from the Tropic Garden Hotel; another 5 to 10 minute walk leaves you in the heart of Santa Eulalia. At the end of the marina you will be rewarded by the ferry embarkation point here you can jump on to a ferry to Cala Longa, Es Canar, and Ibiza town the fares are 4, 4,and 6.50 Euros one way respectively, prices correct at October 2007. We took the ferry on three occasions visiting each destination taking lunch and a browse through each place. On Wednesday is the hippy market at Es Canar. The ferry can also be taken to Formentara the fourth and still little known Balearic island.

Not as I expected

by TripAdvisor Member holidaylover200

We have just returned from the Tropic Garden after a 7 day stay and I have to agree with some points of the last review. We were a party of 3 aged 48, 54 and 82. We contacted the hotel prior to arrival to let them know the eldest member of our party was disabled but on arrival, we were given an apartment with no room to take a wheelchair. We asked for a larger room but were told none was available, even though we spoke to several people who told us they had large rooms and there were empty rooms next to them. We were told by reception to come back tomorrow and they would see what they could do, but after 2 days of living out of our suitcases we gave up and in the end, we had to move some of the furniture onto the balcony to make room for the wheelchair.
The restaurant was of a poor standard with the usual buffet meals. The breakfast food that should have been hot was always lukewarm at best and very greasy. The evening meals were even worse as it was impossible to make up a decent meal from the buffet. There would be a casserole of some sort but no veg. Fish which I'm sure was recycled for several days and was very dry. There was plenty of salad and pasta etc. but I personally don't think it complimented casserole or cardboard fish slices.
On several occasions I picked up "clean" crockery, only to find food residue still on them.
The hotel itself was very clean but the cleaning service for the rooms was poor. We had to ask for our room to be cleaned when no one had done it by the 3rd day and had to go to reception to get clean towels on 3 occasions, even after the room had been cleaned. I have stayed in 2 star hotels and got clean towels more frequently than we did here.
Throughout our stay, the only music we heard were the childrens songs played at 8.30pm for the disco. No music at the pool and no music in the bar. The entertainment team is provided for the German guests by the German travel companies but they were very good with all of the children no matter where they were from and they were very friendly with the adults, but there was no evening entertainment at all.
One evening, we bought drinks at 11.20pm and at 11.40pm one of the bar staff came to our table to ask if we wanted any more drinks that night because if we did we would have to drink them in the reception area as the bar closed at Midnight. We finished our drinks and left the bar.
The hotel is a nice spacious building with a nice pool area and lovely views from some of the rooms but it is totally let down by the poor service, poor food and the lack of interest by the staff to accomodate its guests.

Been three times

by TripAdvisor Member footfacts

Been to tropic gardens three times with young children. Always stayed all inclusive and found the service fantastic. Food excellent and value for money. Apartments brilliant for a family. Yes, the entertainment in the evening is German but my children had no problems with this and enjoyed every minute. Kids club is for german, spanish and english kids. The gardenhotel staff were so friendly and welcoming to the kids. Will go again!!!

terrible time for English

by TripAdvisor Member typicallythebrits

Hotel was lovely and clean, but 95% of the holiday makers were German, the entertainment was only catered for the German or Spanish guests, English visitors were completly ignored!Especially the children. In the day an English child wanted to join in with everyone and play water-polo, yet a German man turned around and said "no english, only german play today" so the entertainment staff agreed and told the boy he wasnt allowed to play. The reception staff were extreamly rude, and wouldnt take your complaints, they forwarded us on to their reps. Had we have known it was full of German, i would not have spent £4,500 on a terrible holiday were my teenage children couldnt enjoy themselves, they was so bored, there was nothing for children aged 12-18 to do. My advice is "DO NOT GO UNLESS YOUR A GERMAN OR SPANISH FAMILY!!"

family based loud noisey

by TripAdvisor Member moru4ia

terrible beds....
german wake up!!..loud 10 AM announcement...not a place to party from as a single for sure...
not close to town...MANGOS restaurnat down the road to the right is GREAT! tell mark hi frm anita and jani!
if not on the inclusive expect to be ignored....
staff is treated terrible according to them....
loud for kids....outdoor pool cold in oct...
spa? well so loud with the kids screaming and the gym next to you with loud weights!! who can relax ever!! not even in your room...kids plays every night!
good for young families...but not for adults!

Excellent value, would return

by TripAdvisor Member mcneild

I stayed here with my wife and two children on an all inclusive basis for the half term break. The aparthotel is on the east side of Santa Eulalia about 15 minutes walk from the town.

The hotel is very clean - our apartment was cleaned each day and the public areas were kept very nicely.

The entertainment is generally good fun although there is no pressure to join in. It is designed to appeal to the predominantly German guests but they do make announcements in English - The hotel staff and the 1 - 2 - Fly reps were all very pleasant.

The buffet style food is of a high standard but does become a little repetitive. My suggestion would be to major on one or two dishes each night rather than a little of everything. Lots of fresh salad and fruit is available and it is quite possible to eat heathily.

As well as the outdoor pool, there is an indoor heated pool (small), a spa and a gym. The equipment in the gym has seen better days and I was told would be replaced next year.

Our one bedroom apartment was fine, although not really 4 star in my opinion. With the kids sleeping on the sofa bed and sofa chair there wasn't much room in the lounge area. Not a problem as we were only sleeping in the apartment. No kettle in the apartment and only 4 available in the complex to borrow.

As others have said this is predominantly a German resort, with Dutch, Spanish and Italian families also there. We have no problem with this - Standards were high and everybody got along.

Happy to go back.

not 4 star one bit!

by TripAdvisor Member huntman

Have to agree with last 2 reviews from people who stayed there in October especially during half term.
This hotel is not up to 4 star standard in any respect. Our room was adequate but the beds were appalling to say the least. Our room was not cleaned daily and clean towels had to be asked for. that was hit and miss with quality too! why no kettle? very strange!!
The food was okay although it would have been helpful to have some dishes named esp if you're a veggie! fruit selection .... ugh! in fact the deserts were really basic. still some people seemed to enjoy them...however it is sold as 4 star!!!!!
The pool was a great size and I imagine good fun.......in the summer .....as it was freezing!
The indoor pool was small altho' hot but to be missed when lots of noisy children in....not a relaxing area as somebody else said. gym very inadequate and out dated.
We ignored the entertainment! Can't imagine what the noise must be like in the summer esp if you have a room overlooking the pool.
have to say the layout generally is lacking any atmoshere esp inside. the indoor bar area is all in rows!!! Very German!!! bless 'em.
Having stayed in the Ses Estaques before, we wished we'd booked that but it was too costly for us time round. Interesting that its a 3star hotel yet infinitely better in all respects even tho' its an older hotel.
All in all we wouldn't return but maybe its just us! We didn't think it was value for money.

Comments