Santa Maria del Cami 1, Port de Soller, Soller, 07108, Spain

Booking.com Splendia.com Hotelsclick.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• flyfreak's Profile Photo

Design hotel

Nice, spacious rooms (the ones with view to the sea), best service and professionalism. This hotel is one of the nicest I stayed at. It was opened not much time ago and is a jewel.

Unique Quality: Very friendly and caring staff. Nice, spacious and clean rooms. The design is tasteful and perfect. The breakfast buffet is heaven, made with fresh food and love. The chef himself takes care that there is always plenty of food for the guests and guarantees a high standard of the food.

Another five-star rating from my side!!!!

Also the hotel-restaurant can be recommended very much, see my tip in the restaurant section.

My friend had one of the rooms ending on ..8 like 408 for example which happens to be next to a ventilation tube which at night makes quite some noise. However, informing the reception they immediately shut it off and it was fine.
    I personally would recommend you to take one of the rooms with sea view as they are really nice.

Directions: in the centre of Puerto Sóller, can be easily found as the hotel is indicated with signs.

More about Aimia Hotel

Fresh and tasty food

by flyfreak about Airecel hotel-restaurant of Aimia hotel

The food takes a bit longer to be prepared, but for a good reason: it is being prepared freshly and only with the best ingredients. Once you enjoy your meal you will love it. The menue is not very big, but you will enjoy every plate.
At lunch time the selection is a bit bigger.
Make sure you visit the restaurant once, even if you are not staying in the Aimia hotel. Penne pasta with Sóller shrimps.
The avocado/ham salad was phantastic aswell.
I liked all of the plates I tried there, also the desserts like the "Delicias de Baileys" or the Apple tart.

Nice snacks and good price

by flyfreak about Bon Vi bar and restaurant

When coming from the Aimia hotel towards the little rambla in Puerto Sóller, there is a little restaurant-bar at the corner from the Santa Maria del Camí street and the rambla.
If you only fancy some snack like a bocadillo (big sandwich) this is the place.
We enjoyed the classic there like a bocadillo with serrano ham and one with Spanish tortilla. They also have "platos combinados" which are main meals at a good price.

You notice that the place is good and affordable because the locals go there for lunch. any type of "bocadillo" or the "platos combinados".
An alternative to the relatively expensive Sóller restaurants.

Just back from The Aimia

My friend and I booked a week at The Aimia 9 months in advance, through our Travel Agent.
We had a Superior room and made our choice of Hotel based on the fact it was marketed as Chic and Unique and aimed at an Adult market.
The Aimia had a sign outside stating it was a Boutique Hotel.
Upon arrival it looked impressive.
Staff were courteous and welcoming.
Good check-in.
Room a delight.
Bit disappointed that our Superior Sea View room was in fact on the side, not front facing.
But very nice indeed.
Really clean, comfy beds, pristine roomy bathroom.
Suburb Breakfasts (no full English, thankfully).
Fabulous bar and outdoor poolside eating area.
Gorgeous pool.
But in a very shady part of the Hotels garden and consequently almost stone cold a lot of the time.
We stayed week commencing 4th September.
Lovely indoor Spa area (little used by other guests during our stay).
Efficient lift.
No children whatsoever staying at The Aimia
Heaven!

SO FAR SO GOOD

Air Conditioning in our room simply DID NOT WORK, despite apparently being 'fixed' two or three times.
Nor did the safe a lot of the time.
In the end our lovely Rep, agreeing the Hotel was far too hot and worried about our lack of sleep, lent us her own fan for the rest of our stay.
We had to get the safe opened by staff on a couple of occassions as it would not unlock.
This caused problems as we had to wait until the next day once before it was fixed, meaning we could not get to our credt cards and money that evening.

THEN On the only full day we spent around the pool, we were 'invaded' by a massive Confirmation Party, including in excess of 36 young children.
They ate lunch inside the Hotel accompanied by parents.
Hotel guests were then subjected to a most horrendous experience.
Whilst some guests were lying on their sunbeds reading books quietly, others were enjoying lunch around the pool.
We were all enjoying the peace and quiet of a sunny Sunday afternoon at this lovely, albeit very expensive Hotel.
The entire pary of children decended upon us.
Ran amok leapfrogging over guests sunbeds, jumping in the pool and splashing people trying to read quietly.
In some cases peoples books got soaked.
The noise they made was indescribeable.
Staff and guests alike were mortified.
Two helpers in red tee-shirts appeared to be organising pool activities for the children.
But in fact, spent most of their time eating and drinking.
The children were virtually unsupervised and caused chaos upsetting many guests.
Lots of people complained to The Manager, who apologised and said 'It will soon be over. Its only for one day'.
However, it continued until 6 in the evening, ruining our day and spoiling our stay at The Aimia.
The Manager sent his very embarassed staff around with a free drink for guests by way of apology.
This in NO WAY compensated for the fiasco.
It totally marred my experience and enjoyment of The Aimia and from talking to other guests, theirs too.
Many said they would never return to The Aimia, based on this experience.
One waiter said he wanted the Manager shot!
If you want a peaceful Hotel DO NOT STAY AT THE AIMIA.

Great for a week at the Aimia

by TripAdvisor Member mikelynn

A beautiful hotel, tranquil setting. We stayed in a superior room and it was a delight, we had a fantastic view of the bay from our spacious balcony, excellent amenities although the television channels were mostly German! The staff couldn't have been more helpful, we arrived late and the barman stayed late and served us a very welcome drink. The pool area is very relaxed with plenty of sunbeds. Breakfast was very good. Lots of good restaurants can be found locally. It is worth taking the tram to Soller during your stay. We would recommend this hotel to couples looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday.

Superb Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member VP1

We have just come back from a week's stay at the Aimia Hotel and it was absolutely fantastic. We booked a Superior Room as I like a bath as well as a shower and it was fantastic - both bedroom and bathroom were huge and bed was incredibly comfortable. The a/c was great - suited both my husband and I which can sometimes be difficult as he likes it cold and I like warm. The breakfast buffet was out of this world - just wish I'd had room to eat more. We only had lunch in the hotel once but I wish we'd eaten there more often as it was much better quality and better prices than some of the tackier places in the town. Too often we tend to think we should go and explore the restaurants in town when the hotel is just as good if not better and this was certainly the case. We started off thinking it would be too expensive to drink in the hotel bar (most 4/5 star hotels are so overpriced for drinks) but the prices were just ordinary bar prices so again we wish we'd stayed in the hotel more often - we will know for next time.

The indoor spa is beautiful - we ended most afternoons by a trip to the spa to cool off after the heat of the day and it was lovely. My only small grumble was that there was no treadmill in the gym but you can't have everything.

All the staff were friendly and very helpful whilst at the same time being unobtrusive - all in all a really great hotel and I will definitely be going back.

Local restaurants were OK - best we found was the Randemar, lovely food / reasonable prices. El Pirata was over-priced and pretentious and I left there starving. Cafe San Ramon was fab food but VERY pricey and pretentious again - no menu or prices which is all a bit tedious.

I would definitely recommend the Aimia Hotel to anyone who wants a bit of luxury at a very reasonable price.

Excellent stay

by TripAdvisor Member KentishLass

My husband and I have just spent 3 days at the Aimia Hotel in Port de Soller and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everything was spot on, the staff were very helpful, the Hotel was spotlessly clean, the rooms had all that you would need - lovely bathroom, large comfortable beds, large wardrobe space, somewhere to keep your suitcase, drinks fridge, TV and we had a seaview and balcony what more could you want! The breakfast you could not better, there was such a good variety and you could even use the juicer to squeeze your organges! The chef was on hand to cook your choice of omlete if you wished
We had one evening meal at the Hotel which was very good and we ate out at other restaurants in Port de Soller some were better than others, the Es Raco we would recommend.
Port de Soller was delightful not too large, unspoilt, clean all in all a very pleasant place to stay, we will certainly be going back.

Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member Sunshine01Woking

Lovely hotel - really relaxing place to stay. Nice quiet pool, great food, breakfast on the terrace overlooking the pool, good sized room, very comfortable and clean. Very helpful staff who speak good english. Probably not a great place to take children, it's very quiet. Nice spa to relax in after a day in the sunshine by the pool. Would definitely recommend a trip to the Aimia.

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member shropshire

I loved this hotel so much that I wasn't going to write a review because I wanted to keep it a secret. We stayed for 7 nights in July and had the 4th floor suite for three of those nights. It had a wonderful double balcony with views over the bay and was very spacious. I don't know how anyone could complain about the breakfasts. There was always some sort of majorcan baked specialty for breakfast - a quiche or a pizza as well as the usual continental cold meats and cheese, fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, cereals, breads, scrambled eggs, sausages and bacon. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel but tried all the seafront restaurants as well as the dinner buffet at Es Port - Wednesday night is Majorcan night at 14 euros per person. As for the air con - it was a very comfortable 20 or 21. Some people like to feel as if they are sitting in a refrigerator - not me. I got heat stroke one day as a result of walking in the hills and was confined to my room for a day. The maid brought me a rose in vase and the staff all enquired after my health. I will definately be going back to this oasis.

Dissappointed

by TripAdvisor Member cycletrackracer

I stayed here for 3 nights with my husband and 10yr old son in June 2006. The hotel is modern and the rooms were very clean and beds comfortable. However, the tv did not work properly and we could not get any english channels to work. We asked reception to fix it but the man said he did not know how to do this and was generally disinterested. The pool was a good size and again clean but it was in a confined space with no views whatsoever as it was fenced in a small decked area. There was also the usual sun bed problems, being reserved with towels when not in use.We were at the side of the hotel and the view from our balcony was apartments. Also we did not like the food. Having travelled around Mallorca and comparing with others the breakfast was disappointing, very continental, meats cheeses etc: We stayed for lunch and had a salad, having asked for mayonnaise we were told grumpily they did not have any. The waiting on staff appeared to be unhappy and not bothered. We will not return to this hotel as it is not good value for money. My son was the only child there so it is not particularly child friendly, he was bored. We love Soller however, it is lovely without being too commercialised. The tram from the port to Soller is lovely, and the square is a great place to relax in the evening still retaining all the Mallorcan charm!

Comments