Jaizubia Hiribidea Sn

More about Irùn

Hendaye-Irun-Pamplona transport and back

by Phyllis-Omar

Hi there,

I and my husband will be travelling to Pamplona, Spain from France on 30 June. As far as I can see we can get a direct train Paris to Hendaye and then we need to take a Spanish train from Irun to Pamplona. However, I can only see two trains from Irun to Pamplona per day, and back, one at 07:30 and other at 16:00. Is that right? Is there any other means of transportation from Irun to Pamplona and Pamplona to Irun.

And also is it easy to get from Hendaye to Irun? Are there taxis at the train station or are there local buses.

I will really appreciate if you can provide me information about connection between hendaye and Irun and also Irun to Pamplona.

Thanks
Phyllis

by IndianPacific

Most TGV trains Paris - Hendaye have a section pulling over to Irun as well (at least they used to have).

by K_V_B

Check if your train to Hendaye continues to Irun. some do. Otherwhise take the Euskotren train from Hendaye to Irun.

From Paris to Pamplona you can take the TGV to Irun that leaves Paris at 9:45, and arrives at Irun at 15:49. The train to Pamplona leaves there at 16:00. So you could take that.

by Roadquill

I found that once you get down to the Basque area of Northern Spain, the buses were very efficient and run fairly often. I have not done the Irun leg but, for example, buses betwwen Biarritz to San Sebastian and SS to Pamplona seemed to run pretty regularly during the day. Karl

by Phyllis-Omar

Hi,
Thanks very much for your reply. It really helps.
So I understand that the buses are regular and their schedule is trustable, and I shouldn't rely on the trains.

Comments