Gran Bahia Bernardo

Embeltran, 16 1-D, San Sebastian - Donostia, 20003, Spain
Gran Bahia Bernardo
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about San Sebastián

The upper floor of the marketThe upper floor of the market

Calle de ZubietaCalle de Zubieta

The blue waters of the portThe blue waters of the port

The sea from Monte UrgullThe sea from Monte Urgull

Travel suggestions from San Sebastian to ?

by ddd114

My husband and I will be traveling to San Sebastian early April to meet up with our son (who is studying there). We have never been to Europe and would like to see as much as possible (without making ourselves nuts). What would be reasonable since will be there about 12 days?

by ghosthunter

Hi,
It really depends what kind of things you enjoy. That area of Spain is really scenic so i would take a drive to Bilbao whilst you are there . Do you like museums ? If so visit the Guggenheim in Bilbao. I loved it. www.guggenheim-bilbao.es/?idioma=en
From Bilbao you could fly cheaply to London on Easyjet ( www.easyjet.com ) or to other parts of Spain if you prefer.

by nomad7890

What types of activities you like, and what transportation (rental car or public)? Also, how far do you want to go? I can think of a few places, such as Santillana del Mar and Covadonga.

The coast of Spain is beautiful, many places to see. You could also go East to France - but I love Spain.

by nomad7890

Good suggestion from pedmar. One interesting thing to realize, is that you will practically be going to different countries - so SS to Bilbao are Basque, Santiago de Compostela, Pontevedra, etc. are Galicia, Barcelona is Catalunya, then you have Asturias which has its own personality - and this is just scratching the surface - so you may want to take a peek at Wikipedia for some of the history of these very different regions.

by dahliagirl

Thank you for your replies......I should have made myself more clear......my son has been studing in San Sebastian since August and has traveled some in Spain......I thought we might head out to France or ??????? to see different countryside......

I think we would like to see as much countryside as possible....to get a general flavor......I know this will be fast and nothing indepth.......

thanks for any suggestions

by dahliagirl

thanks for any suggestions

Travel Tips for San Sebastián

Zurriola

by andal13

Zurriola is another beautiful beach, situated "behind" the old city, between river Urumea and Mount Ulía; famous Palace of Congress Kursaal is situated by this beach.
For those who say that I never appear in my pictures, here I am!!!

Zurriola es otra de las playas, situada "por detrás" de la parte vieja, entre el río Urumea y el Monte Ulía; el famoso Palacio de Congresos Kursaal está situado en esta playa.
Para aquellos que dicen que nunca aparezco en las fotos, aquí me tienen!

Aquarium Donostia-San Sebastian

by Kushelkitten

Located in the harbour area of Donostia this little aquarium has a lot to offer.

While small in size the display tanks are well done and consist of 10 parts:

7) Microworld
8) Dangerous fish and Morays
9) Hands on Pond and
10) Our coast

There is also a maritime museum which tells the naval and fishing history of Donostia-San Sebastian and a zoology museum which has preserved species of fish and marine life

Hours

From September 16-June 15 open M-F 10-1900
From June 16- 14 September open M-F 10-2100

Admissions

Hike to the top of Monte Urgull

by Roadquill

Looking down over Bahia de La Concha is a statue of Christ on top of Monte Urgull. It is a very nice hike to the top. There are great views of Bahia de La Concha as well as Playa de La Zurriola to the North. On top is a church as well as defenses with old cannon placed for effect. At a vigorous pace it took me about 15 minutes.

Great Food, Wine, Beach, what more do I need?

by Roadquill

"The lights from the Promenade on the water."

San Sebastian is truly a beautiful city. Even at night the lights shimmering on the water were a sight to be seen.

"Watching the Sunset on the Promenade"

Sipping on a cold beer and watching the sun set over the harbor ain't a bad way to finish the day. Plus one had to store up some energy for the evening.

"Pretty Harbor sets the tone"

What a jewel of a place! A five minute cab ride from the bus station to my hotel and I was ready to relax.

I splurged and took a suite at the Hotel d' Londres overlooking La Concha beach. Off to the right was the harbor.

I only scheduled two days to recuperate from the festivities of the St. Fermin Festival in nearby Pamplona. I should have scheduled two weeks.

Comments