Pension Bellas Artes

C/ Urbieta, 64 | Guipuzcoa, San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain

Good For No Data
  • A wee perla in San Sebastian

Having recently spent 3 nights at the Pension Bellas Artes, I would highly recommend this pension to anyone. The rooms are very clean and include en suite bathroom with all the trapings of a 4 star hotel (towells, shampoo, shower cap etc). Each room has a TV and a few extras are left in the room each day such as chocolates, sweets and fresh flowers.

The owner and all the staff must be some of the most welcoming and helpfull people that I have ever encountered. They gave suggestions on what to do during the day, booked visits to the Spa, booked restaurants, all after carefully considering our needs (this was especially true for us as we were traveling with a wheelchair using grandmother (There was a lift).

No food is available however there is a drink and snack machine available in the corridor and being in Donostia San Sebastian you are truly spoilt for choice with the huge number of restaurants that are available.

Unique Quality: The welcoming and informative staff are truly amazing. The high standard of a hotel that calls itself a pension (a slight understatement) - I have stayed in many pensions and this would rate as one of the best that I have ever stayed in.

The chocolates that are left in your room each day is a superb touch as are the flowers.

On friday and monday there is a nightclub near the pension which can be noisy, however the hosts do provide ear plugs for those that find the noise intrustive, however I must say that I slept through it!

They think of everything for you in this pension. A memorable stay in Donostia San Sebastian made even more memorable due to this pension.

Directions: 15 minutes walk to town centre,
    1 minute walk to Euskotren station
    Shops, cafes, bars - seconds away

More about Pension Bellas Artes

Fell in love with Pension Bellas Artes!

by TripAdvisor Member mmr777

We had the good fortune of having booked a three nights stay at Pension Bellas Artes, 21 June through 23 June. Every thing I had read about the pension was absolutely true! Leire and her mom were so kind and helpful. Please take their advice on places to go and where to eat. They truely know and love their city of San Sebastian! Now we love and know a few things about it too!
If you are traveling to San Sebastian I hope you are lucky enough to book your stay with Leire. Not only do you have a nice, clean and comfortable pension in mist of everything in San Sebastian, but you also have the absolute best hostesses in town to help you along with anything you need. If I am fortunate enough to travel back to San Sebastian I know exactly where I am staying! Words cannot express how much we enjoyed our stay. Oh, and by the way, Leire's English is exellent! If you have the chance to stay here, don't pass it up.

Beyond excellent

by TripAdvisor Member slapshot55

My wife and I stayed here for three nights based primarily upon rave reviews from other travelers. We travel extensively and the stay was the most enjoyable for us in recent memory. the rooms are spotless, cheery, clean and comfortable with modern bathrooms. The location is unbeatable- five minutes walk to the beach and ten minutes to old town where the tappas and bars are amazing. Leire, who has a couple of college degrees- of whic one at least is from. the US, speaks English quite fluently. She is tremendously helpful and accomodating as is her mom.
Staying at the Bellas Artes and talking with Leire is about as close to feeling the comfort of home as I have ever experienced while traveling. Both Leire and her Mom are wonderful and they put any concierge I have met in expensive hotels to shame. They are warm and go out of their way to make the stay enjoyable.
They live in a beautiful city and are great ambassadors for San Sebastian and the beautiful Basque Country. Have absolutely no hesitancy in staying here if you can. i suggest, especially in the summer months, that you book early (months ahead) as this jewel of a place (10 rooms) is well booked and after you stay here you will easily see why.

You gotta stay here!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ray73

After many hotel/pension searches i have looked into, this one seemed to have won the hearts and loyalty of all others who stayed there, so i decided to go with it as well. I book directly thru their site (13-May to 15-May @68.00 Euro), which was very convenient, Leire was the sweetest most delightful person to book with. When we arrived, it felt like coming home, we were greeted by Leir and her wonderful mom. They let us rest, check in and then gave us all the tips/tricks to see and discover San Sebastian and Hondarribia within our 2 days stay. They are very sweet and gave us their cell # incase we run into any issue but we did not, was nice to know you can rely on someone there if it was needed. My GF became sick on the trip and Leire was an angel helping me find a store to get some things and kept an open eye and ear in case my GF was to need something. Honestly where can you find such homely service as this. Leire, thank you very much and definitely hope to see you again, but you have to come to Chicago as we talked!

The rooms are very nice and clean, rooms are cleaned daily, and the room we had was quiet and spacious for the 2 of us.
There is a little kitchen where you can use to make quick snacks and so forth. As the pension is small, silence is enforced depending on the hour you come or go. Location was very good and prime. We came via Bus from Bilbao and its about 10 minute walk to the pension. 2 mins from the train station which takes u to south of France in 45 mins or so. Beach, restaurants, shops, bar, etc..are 10-15 minutes. Leire and her mom did a phenomenal job in suggesting some restaurants for us and routes to seek to site see. Trust me, listen to them, they know what they are talking about.

Highly recommend this pension as you will not be disappointed.

as good as the review suggest

by TripAdvisor Member chrisp1946

a very attractive pension well situated for shops and beach. Rooms are spotless and showers etc excellent . The place is made special by the owners care concern and friendliness

Clean, respectful and friendly.

by TripAdvisor Member madgeToronto

Pension Bellas Artes San Sebastain-Donostia- Spain.
Wonderful place!
Reviewer: Teacher in her 50s from Toronto, Canada

I spent two weeks at Pension Bellas Artes in San Sebastian. The first week I was on my own, exploring the city and the second week I was joined by my friend and her 6 year old daughter ( my god-daughter.) I knew that I'd be welcomed at Pension Bellas Artes because I'd already spoken on the phone and emailed the owner, Leire, (who speaks English). Leire, who was prompt in her replies and very helpful, runs the Pension with her motther, Carmen.

The pension is in a beautiful old building in the centre of San Sebastian, five minutes walk from the exquisite La Concha beach and a short walk to the Old Town. The rooms are impeccably clean and have small en suite bathrooms. Some rooms have balconies. The front rooms can be a little noisy at night (Spain is a nocturnal country!), but generally once the balcony doors are closed, noise is greatly reduced. The back bedrooms, without balconies, are very quiet. (I know because my friend and god-daughter stayed in a back room.)

Leire and her mother Carmen gave us lots of help and advice about where to go, where to eat and what to see and were very sweet and kind throughout our visit. They are child-friendly and gay-positive, but cater to a wide variety of visitors from all over the world. As a single traveller, I was delighted not to have to pay the full price for a double room. It's a small pension, so it's essential to book several months in advance of your trip. There are a few stairs to walk up to the pension, but they appear to have an accessible device for those who cannot walk stairs. Ask them.

I highly recommend this pension to young and old travellers. After San Sebastian, I stayed one night in a three-star hotel in Blibao, which had all the amenities, but I missed the warmth and atmosphere of Pension Bellas Artes.

One of the best pensiones in Spain

by TripAdvisor Member justonwo

Leire and her mother Carmen are absolutely the friendliest dueñas we ran across through our travels in Spain. When I called the hotel to make a reservation, I mentioned to Leire that it was my honeymoon; she was kind enough to reserve the best room in the hotel - and we absolutely loved it.

Not to mention San Sebastian is a magical place to visit.

Fantastic gorgious friendly Pension!!! Stay there!!!

by TripAdvisor Member semisecco

We stayed there for three nights and just loved it. Leira and her mother are so caring and warm, unbelievable! When we arrived we were welcomed with hugs and kisses and they gave us all informations about San Sebastian and the best Tapa Bars which were absolutely great.
If you go there and you are noise-sensitive ask for the interior rooms, there are smaller but totally quiet. The ones to the street are very nice but can be quite loud.
The rooms are all not that big but absolutely clean and - who cares? You are there for sleeping (and getting informations...).
Parking is a little bit expensive in a nearby parking garage, we payed appr. 60 Euros for 3 days.
But then everything is in walking distance and you will not need any car.

It's true!

by TripAdvisor Member elle74

Read all the comments. They are true! This place is one of a kind. The mother and daughter running the place really make you feel at home. They treat every guest almost like family. The rooms are nice and VERY well kept. The location is great. Everything is within walking distance, but you can also take the bus. The only downside is the fact, that it can be noisy at times: The street outside is very busy, and some rooms are literally right next to the reservation desk. Besides that, this place is THE BEST!

Be sure to get an inside room - they only have 2!

by TripAdvisor Member ouilv2travel

All of the reviews have some truth to them. The place is spotless, the mother-daughter duo is adorable and you do feel like you are part of the family. It is well situated to the train station and a nice longish walk from the beach, park and aqaurium and a bit closer to the shopping district.

If you can't get an inside room and are a light sleeper, be forewarned that it will be quite difficult to sleep soundly here unless you medicate and use very good ear plugs.

Despite the noise I do recommend it. Leire Falcon the daughter / manager of the place stated that she has a line on other quieter rooms somewhere in the same building but around the corner. We'll be taking her up on those the next time we visit.

Oh and remember that only hotels have AC, not pensiones. They can offer you a fan for your room and then you'll need to leave the windows open and let the noise in.

Comments