Pension San Jeronimo

Booking.com Priceline.com HostelBookers.com

More about San Sebastián

Gated entranceGated entrance

Paseo Nuevo and the seaPaseo Nuevo and the sea

A different view from the Castillo de la MotaA different view from the Castillo de la Mota

La Concha BeachLa Concha Beach

From San-Sebastian to Barcelona by car

by FruitLover

Hi,
I'm planning to hire a car from Donostia to Barcelona on 23-27th June, along French & Spanish Pyreness, for the first time.
Am thinking of stopping in Lourdes,Cirque de Gavarnie, Espot, Andorra.
Any recommendation for 'must see' path, sites, off the beaten paths ??
Thanx in advance,
Avi

RE: From San-Sebastian to Barcelona by car

by Roadquill

Right by San Sebastian is Ignasius Loyola's home and church in Azpietia (please excuse my spelling) Both interesting, especially the home/museum with a lot of historical information.

by FruitLover

Thanx Karl,for your quick answer.
Wrote these names.
Avi

by Belsaita

Azpeitia :-)

(Basque names are always difficult but I do remember this one well as I had a colleage whose surname was Azpeitia ;-)) Never been ther indeed...

by Roadquill

Hi Isa, I was at work (obviously not working) and followed our rule ("i" before "e" except after "c") which obviously the Basques don't follow. Come to think of it the Basques don't follow anyone's rules. I will be back in July and I hope again late in September. Cheers, Karl

by Belsaita

LOL Karl!!!!!!!!!!!

So true... I think the Basques have just one rule "if they do it this way, we will do it different!" (well, my Basque friends would say the problem is the rest of the world has so strange rules :-)) Just joking! But regarding their language you certainly never can do assumptions as is so different.

Travel Tips for San Sebastián

Real Sociedad

by Prasnjavi

The most popular sport in Donostia is, of course, footbal. In every coffee bar, shop, restaurant... we saw some picture of Real Sociedad Football Club which is from Donostia. Darko Kovacevic, Serbian, is one of the best player in Real.

Some musts

by milugares

1. Walk the beach promenade in La Concha,along till the end, where Chillida´s Peine de los vientos stands.
2.Catedral del Buen Pastor
3.Kursaal and the river - but take care on storm, rough sea days.
4. Enjoy the old and new parts of the city centre, its bars, ...

I don't have much pictures...

by lolitajane

I don't have much pictures from San Sebastian due to the short time we stayed there, but picked up a beautiful brochure from the hostel and I'd like to show the beautiful pictures it has and the activities suggested in it. So most of the pics appearing here are not mine but the ones from in the leaflet...

Donostia

by ronaldinha

"Getting to San Sebastian"

Of all the places I visited in the north of Spain, I had the hardest time finding lodging in San Sebastian. I spent HOURS (and a lot of euros) calling all the hostels that I could find in the area. I even started hotels out of my desired price range in desperation. I had planned on starting my vacation here, driving directly from Valencia (where I was living) and then heading west to Galicia. I had to go to Bilbao first and then head to San Sebastian due to the problems we had finding housing. After a few days with NO luck whatsoever, we finally got a break. I called an ad I saw on loquo.com. A woman was renting out rooms in her apartment for $25 euros a night. We were in luck. We were thinking about staying only 2 nights, but when we heard that Bob Dylan (and Macaco- one of my favorite Spanish groups) were going to be performing a free concert on Gros beach in San Sebastian (across the street from where we were staying) we ended up staying for a total of 4 nights. Out of all the places we visited, we definitely partied the most here. We left in a haze thanking God that we made it out alive. But we had a great time.

eduar68's new Donostia-San Sebastian Page

by eduar68

Forget Bilbao. Bilbao was probably one of the ugliest cities in the world until the latest architectural wonders were built. Museum Guggenheim Bilbao, Euskalduna Auditorium and the recently inaugurated airport have placed Bilbao on the spotlight. Bilbao was even the set for one of James Bond movies for Christ sakes!!
No I'm here to talk about his Basque rival, the city of San Sebastian. I'm amazed that such a beautiful city is not included on the list of cities. More so if dumps such as Aviles or Ceuta actually are.
San Sebastian has lots to offer and tourists will not be desapointed. Ask anyone in Spain which city is the prettiest and chances are San Sebastian is among them. Same goes for cooking. San Sebastian has probably the most Michelin stars concentration in the world (based on population). Alumni from local cuisine schools often season thenselves with some of the very best chefs in the world. Beaches, promenades, hiking... make your pick!!

Comments