Aparthotel Altamira

Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

More about Aparthotel Altamira

NATIONAL PARADORES

by Carmela71

Paradores has restoured old palaces, convents and monasteries, medieval castles... the tapestries, carpets, tiles, and paintings...

They have also interesting Parador routes thought Spain!

Here is a list with some of my favourites:

Hostal de Los Reyes Católicos (Santiago de Compostela)Originally a hospice for wayfaring pilgrims.

Parador de Santillana del Mar (Santillana del Mar)near to the Caves of Altamira.

Parador Nacional de Trujillo, Extremaduraset in a 16th century convent. ...

Altamira Caves

by Carmela71

Access to the famous cave paintings of Altamira is now restricted to a handful of people a day and the waiting list has grown to something like three years. The recently opened neocueva, a practically perfect reproduction built near the cave, is easily good enough to content those with less patience.

Santillana del Mar

by tini58de

Santillana del Mar is a beautiful small town in the Northern part of Spain. It has an impressive monastery and beautiful landscape surrounding it.

The famous caves of Altamira unfortunately were closed, when we were there, so we had to "put up" with just a beautiful little village!

SPANISH REGIONS:CANTABRIA

by Carmela71

Are you looking for history and nature beauties? You ahve arrived to the right place.
At Picos de Europa (the mountain range overlooking the Cantabric sea) still live bears, wolves and eagles and the rivers are full of salmons and trouts.

Something curious Pico de Tres Mares is a drop of water that falls here arrive to Atlantic Ocean, by Duero river, the Cantabric Sea, by Nansa river, or the Mediterranean Sea by Ebro river.

And do not forget to visit the capital SANTANDER, at a beautiful bay, the medieval town Santillana del Mar, and the prehistorically Caves of Altamira.

From here there are ferrys to Plymouth UK
This photo is from my last visit to Castro Urdiales (2001), a beautiful coastal village, where I used to go on weekends when I was a child .... It is beautiful as all the north coast of Spain

CANTABRIA

by Hosell

Cantabria,autonomous region located in Northern Spain,and has borders with the regions of Asturias,Basque Country and Castilla Leon.

As I said before my favorite region in Spain is Asturias,but Cantabria in one of my favorite places in all country.I've been here a few times and I enjoyed my visits very much.On my first visit to Cantabria,I went visiting a lot of small and medium size villages and towns along the coastiline,then I spent one day exploring the capital and beautiful city of SANTANDER (See my separate page of it).On my last visit to the region just few months ago,I went to some nice places located in mountains and the National Park of PICOS DE EUROPA,a very big part of this National park are located in next region of Asturias.Also I went one day to see the medieval town of POTES and the cable car of FUENTE DE,where you can see awesome views of these mountains at 2,000 meters high.

CAPITAL: SANTANDER
MAJOR ATTRACTIONS: Santander,Isla,Altamira Cave,San Vicente de La Barquera,Potes,National Park of Picos de Europa,Wildlife Reserve of Cabarceno.
PICTURE: Monastery of Santo Toribio de Liebana-Cantabria

Cueva de Altamira

by kissmagdi

hi.
Have somebody any idea how can I buy a ticket to the Altamira-cave? Not to the museum! As I know, every day only 20 people is allowed to enter there, and I would like to be one of them when I`ll be in Spain at the end of April.
Thanks for any advise! Magdi

Cueva de Altamira

by kissmagdi

hi.
Have somebody any idea how can I buy a ticket to the Altamira-cave? Not to the museum! As I know, every day only 20 people is allowed to enter there, and I would like to be one of them when I`ll be in Spain at the end of May.
Thanks for any advise! Magdi

RE: Cueva de Altamira

by Peter_P

As far as I know, it's impossible to visit the real cave. Certainly when your visit is only a few weeks away...
But you can visit a copy of the cave ones you are there. Just buy a ticket and make a tour through the 'cave' and the museum, it's worth it...
Success

Peter

RE: RE: Cueva de Altamira

by Belsaita

The visits to the real cave should be booked several months in advance. You may go to the entrance early in the morning in case someone doesn't show. We tried this a couple of years ago, and there were already more than 20 people waiting (but you may be luckier).

General Knowledge - What is the oldest city in Europe?

by saracen

I always thought it was Cadiz, but a search on Google thows up some other claimants - Belgrade, Athens...

Does anyone have any idea what it is?

Thanks.

RE: General Knowledge - What is the oldest city in Europe?

by MAMVECTRA

Hi !!

Very dificult your question... I can say that the oldest civilitation in europe was in the north of Spain... It is studied for scients and genetic studies......
So maybe if you search the oldest city maybe could be in the north of Spain.

Because the caverns oldest in europe are in "Altamira" Cantabria-Spain, but caverns aren´t cities... And you are searching modern cities.

When the human been went out from africa, cross the south of europe, go to north and arrive to asia. At the end lived in america.

I hope you find it, and please tell it me please.

Good luck

RE: RE: General Knowledge - What is the oldest city in Europe?

by saracen

I was thinking on the lines of oldest continuously inhabitted.

Maybe I should post this on the Cadiz forum and ask why they consider the city to be the oldest. Certainly the Africa connection sounds promising.

Ultimately though, I think that this is one of those unanswerable questions...

Comments