3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 90% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Dream Hotel Villa Tagoro

utter rubbish!.....

by TripAdvisor Member EdinburghDelboy

Myself,partner and mum inlaw went to THE
VILLA TAGORO,when we arrived there we were told that
we had three stairs to walk to (that ment 3 flights
down)we called it the dungeons rooms. There was a good
view with barbed wire and a building site!We were lucky as the builders started working at 8am daily
(no need for an alarm call). The room itself in
which we paid under occupancy to tomas cook was
not of acceptable standard,we booked 1 double bed
and 1 double bed for sitting area in return we got 2 single beds and 1 bed sitee that slept 1 in sitting
area.
the hotel itself catered mostly for our european
counterparts as most of us dont eat chips,brussel
sprouts or cauliflower for breakfast!
The entertainment was the animation team
running around DAFT MIMEING!(even though they tried
their hardest) The staff tried their best, expect
when you have to pay 20euros to watch the tv in
english in your room.So avoid villa tagoro and
go somewhere else because it is never a 4*all inc

GRIEF!!!!

before we went to tenerife we read some reviews about the villa tagoro they wasn't good but they turned out to be true.
the food was terribe i.e brussel sprouts and chips for breakfast,lunch and dinner. the snacks wern't much better either they was always cold and somtimes not even cooked.
you could never get a sunbed around the pool because people would get up at about 7.00am and reserve them by putting towels on them.
but i won't say everything bad about this hotel because the staff were very friendly and the daily entertainment was good (although the night entertainment was rubbish).
if you have kids it is good because there is a kinder playground and a kids club.
it was in the middle of nowhere but there was a nice chinese take-away next door.
thank god you could get a shuttle bus into town.

i wouldn't go there again.

What an excellent hotel

stayed 1 week in Hotel Villa Tagoro and enjoyed every minute of it!

i arrived back from hotel villa tagoro yesterday! it was my 18th Birthday and i decided to go on holiday with my friend. we were very pleased with the hotel upon arrival but later found out that our room was down 4 flights of stairs! the rooms were very spacious and decorated with a brilliant taste.

The only problem with this hotel was the food. Going to the hotel resuraunt was a total laugh all the food was cooked in olive oil, it looked tasteless and rank and the same food was served some days! everything they put out was labeled ok! my friend hardly ate anything! we went out for a meal 2 nights!

we only watched the entertainment one night and to be honest i've seen butlins do a better job! but im bound to say that because of my age! small children would love it! another thing too everytime the person speaking said something it was said in 4 different langauges],

whilst being at the hotel we didn't come across a great deal of english people most were german. the staff were fantastic the maids spoke little english but were very freindly!

i will definatley going back again! for people my age wanting to go away this hotel provides a high standard of service!!!

Stayed one night and left

After reading several reveiws of this hotel - was looking forward to this trip - we arrived and ended up in some fowl smelling Apartment across from the pool. We arrived just before dinner time and decided to find what the food was like that was on offer - seen better food being put into the bins at MacaDonalds - disgusting.
Then we had to spend had to spend a fortune in the supermarket across the road to feed our son. Breakfast was even worse - it looked like they had just reheated the previous nights dinner (Carrots & Chips on offer). I could not then flush the toilet as it came out in my 3 yera old son's hand.

I do not understand why this has 3 star rating. I have stayed at 18-30 places that had more going for it.

Save your money and go some where else. After being moved to the place where we landed we met more people who were transfered from the Villa Tagoro.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Too Good To Miss!!!!

I am writing in response to the review of Villa Tagoro in which the dungeon and brussel sprouts were mentioned.
I have just (17th March) returned from a weeks holiday in which I too experienced all these things mentioned in the review. All I can say is " what a pratt" yes there was sprouts for breakfast - you didnt have to eat them. Yes there was work on the tennis court area but it clearly said in the brochure an area under development. And as for the entertainers they were good all rounders who have only been together for 6 weeks and therefore can only get better. All people who were not happy with their holiday dungeon were offered other rooms we however didnt bother as we didnt go on holiday to sit in our rooms all day whinging about the view, we enjoyed the excellent weather, the friendly staff, the safe environment, the good food (apart from said mentioned christmas food) and most of all cant wait to go back. Believe me Im not a yes women by any score and am not easy pleased but this hotel is a must for any person who want to relax and totally get away from it all and if the Tagora management want to thank me for this right up my name is Susan ex room 040!!! PLEASE PLEASE dont listen to misreble of Glasgow listen to happy please have me back of darlington

don't go to tagoro

by TripAdvisor Member Pauline025

food invariably cold, sunbeds all reserved by 9am. whole complex grubby & in need of TLC. restaurant staff unfriendly.Spoke to people who returned after last year & couldn't believe how it had deteriorated.

4* my foot

by TripAdvisor Member fanatic-reviewer

We arrived to find we were in the middle of no-where (typical all inclusive). I had read previous reviews which highlighted certain rooms which were bad, and they weren't lying. We refused our 1st room which was dark & dirty, and although the next room was cleaner, the air conditioning didn't work. I complained every night and was told someone will fix it but this was never done. Excellent holiday if your young and want just a bed to crash in when your drunk!!!!! but definately one to be avoided (and I'm not fussy, honest).

excellent holiday

excellent holiday going back there in june 2006 good for kids lovely staff excellent food room cleaned every day not a great view but didnt bother us as we only needed room to sleep in.

fun hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bellanbart

Just come back from villa Tagora, where we stayed with our 2 teenage sons, and sister with her teenagers. After reading reviews i was worried, some of the comments are correct, our room needed painting, but the room size was good, the balcony huge and the bathroom was spotless. rooms cleaned every day, with towels changed as and when needed. The food was hot, and plenty for kids of all ages to eat, and it even made me chuckle to find sprouts and chips for breakfast! (for all you peter kay fans out there, we classed this as a 'taste sensation!' pool was great fun, had a huge enflatable which kids and adults had great fun on! staff were great and always eager to please. when we arrived we requested room upgrade due to the fact ours needed some TLC, we couldn't be moved due to a convention on of Audi drivers, staying at hotel, but after a few days they rang our room and told us we could be moved. we decided to stay put, because after all we were only sleeping in the room, so instead they sent down champagne to our room! very nice touch I thought. we never did drink it, so left it for the next holiday makers to enjoy! you have to bear in mind this is all inclusive and is an all year round holiday resort, but if truth be known, they should close down for 2 weeks, touch up all that is needed and bring this hotel back to a 4 star hotel. I would class this hotel as a good 3 star as paint work lets this hotel down. By the way you are in costa adeje, much nicer than las americas and it is leterally only a 10 mins walk downhill, but you do cross a motorway to get to the beach. Overall a great hotel for families with young kids and teenagers!

Best week in the Sun ever!

Arrived feeling very uneasy about what we were going to find after having read the reviews of Villa Tagora. What a pleasant surprise! The Hotel, although not a four star in our eyes was fantastic, the food was excellent with plenty of choice, enough for the kids. All the staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough to help you. If you like Robbie Williams then Carlos on Reception is a good lookalike for him! They were all great with the kids and provided good entertainment day and night for them. This is a very bright, happy Hotel and we will definetly go back. Having twin 5 year olds you need plenty to keep them entertained and Villa Tagora kept them busy! We have never been to such a welcoming Hotel and ALL the staff went out of their way to make it your dream holiday. Brussel Sprouts - yep they were there but so to was a full range of Breakfast, Dinner and Evening Meals - people shouldn't go on holiday if all they want to see is the negatives - there were too many positives here!
See ya Soon Villa Tagora!!!

Comments