Hotel Jardines de Nivaria

Costs 33% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Hotel Jardines de Nivaria

Loved the Jardin de Nivaria

by TripAdvisor Member DaisyEngland

Stayed here for a 4 night break end of April through to beginning of May 2007.

Hotel was clean and just what I would expect for a 5 star rating. The bedrooms were nicely decorated and very clean. You had a choice of how many times a day you wanted your towels changed (1 or 2) and the same with the bed linen (every day or every other day). This hotel is part of a family run group who own 3 hotels in the area. The staff are attentive and polite. My only gripe with the bathroom was that the shower was over the bath and not in a separate shower cubicle in our room. Whether all other rooms were the same I don't know, but most tend to be the same design. Bath robes and slippers provided. The balcony was just about large enough to hold 2 chairs, a table, 2 sunbeds and a parasol.

We opted for a pool/garden view room and were very pleased with the view. We overlooked the pool (which is quiet after 8pm as nobody is allowed in it after then) and I don't think I would have paid the extra for a sea view as we could see it anyway. We were in Ucanca block.

The gardens were very well attended and the pool wonderfully warm, in fact as warm as your bath water.

The hotel does not tend to have a lot of children and I would say the majority of guests were over 40 which suited me fine being 52 as it was quiet.

It is situated on the edge of Fanabe/Costa Adeje but conveniently close to shops and supermarkets without the noise from them.

There is a lift at the bottom of the garden which saves having to traipse all up and down the hill to reach the beach. Unfortunately we were not aware of this until the day we left and the staff did not think to point this out to us upon our arrival. Use your hotel room card to gain access through the gate.

Plenty of sunbeds. Again you need to use the paper card given to you at reception upon arrival which allows you a yellow sunbed towel and a blue towel for body use. Hand the towels back in at the hut and you are given your paper card back for presentation the next day. I noticed on several occasions sunbeds being reserved which was very annoying from 6am in the morning, but these particular sunbeds had nobody on them until 4pm. I'm not apportioning blame but there are loads of Germans in the hotel and you know what the saying is!

We only stopped bed and breakfast as we thought the dinner cost was high when there are absolutely loads of eating houses in the immediate area. Decent breakfast, but could have been hotter. Champagne included in the price if you wanted it, situated next to the fruit juice, actimel, smoothies and fresh orange juice. Why do they put onions on the mushrooms and cheese on the tomatoes? If you visit, tell the Chef this is not the done thing.

Rooms were supposed to be soundproofed. Although we did not hear any voices you could still hear wardrobe doors and drawers being open and shut. However saying that it was one of the quieter hotels we have stayed at.

All in all, very good. Stopped at the Grand Tacande In January and there is nothing to choose between these 2 hotels.

Would stop again.

Pure relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member Cutearse

We have had the pleasure of staying at this wounderful hotel on three occassions. Each one more enjoyable than the last. The reception staff are fantastic - nothing too much trouble no matter what time of day or night. This lovely hotel is a haven from the hustle and bustle of daily life. If you want to relax and unwind then this is the hotel for you. Even when the hotel is full the hotel remains quiet and relaxing.
The Jardine de Nivaria has so many sunbeds you will be spoit for choice where to sit and idle away your day. If you want to explore then it is conveniently placed close to the beach (if you want golden sand head for the beach at Del Duque approx 5-10 mins walk). Good shopping and smart restaurants also in this area. This hotel has a great heated pool and a super adult only jacuzzi under the palm trees.
Breakfast sat outside on the terrace in the sunshine is my favourite part of the day here.
TIP: Up-grading your room when you arrive is cheaper than through the Travel Agents. Enjoy...

Beautiful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member theweeman

The moment you walk into this hotel it takes your breath away. The hotel and the surrounding grounds are beautiful, the main building especially. The staff are the most helpful and the most polite we have ever met.

You also have a number of restaurants in house that you can chose from, which can be a buffet or even an a la carte. All though we never eat in house with the exception of breakfast we did how ever talk to a number of other guests who did, the general feedback described the food as exquisite.

My only moan is the the sun loungers do get full early, and despite the warnings from the hotel of a thirty minute time period for a lounger reserved with the old towel trick. It does seem that staff take no notice of this.

The hotel also has a beautiful stain glass roof in the main building.

We shall be returning again next year. And we would recommend this hotel to anyone. However anyone with younger ones will struggle to keep them entertained if they are bathing by the pool.

First Class

by TripAdvisor Member JohnWA|

My wife and I have just returned from a three week stay in the hotel and could not fault the hotel except for the age old problem of people keeping beds aroud the pool. We were on a B&B board and the breakfast was very good. The room was very nice and all the public areas beautiful. We are planning to go back in June.

A charming hotel but

by TripAdvisor Member RubioTallinn

This hotel has Old World character and quite a lot of charm, and because it is so full of plants and trees and offbeat or singular art deco it manages to sidestep the artificiality that plagues much of this area of Tenerife. Yes, as some reviews state, it does border one of Coste Adeje's cheesy commercial strips but everything to the west is lovely upscale landcaped cliffs, so the tawdriness really doesn't come into play.

We enjoyed our stay but we never reached a state where we melted away in a state of blissful relaxation, which should be only point of five-star, no? There are some areas the hotel should address. For eample, both my wife and I arived independently at the conclusion that service was not really all that friendly -- didn't have that personal touch. Perhaps, my wife speculated, we did not meet the profile of a five-star customer -- we are barely 30 and with a young child. Or it could have been that being Estonian, we were associated (quite erroneously) with Russians. By mid-week, the hotel was probably more than half booked by Russians and they seemed to have a certain reputation among the staff. When I asked if I could order a barraquito before my meal arrived, I was told that most people took coffee after their meal, but if I was Russian, I could order it any time. I didn't get the feeling this would be a compliment.

The breakfast buffet, which is praised in many reviews, was indeed good, but I would not say amazing. When we stayed at a larger high-rise three-star a year ago a another resort on the south coast of the island, we had good breakfasts as well at a huge buffet with lots of fresh produce and gourmet food and champagne each morning. Then again, the New Year's Eve formal dinner at Nivaria, which was included in our package, WAS amazing.

Facilities were comfortable and there were no obvious problems, but I was surprised that a five-star would actually include a sentence in the information packet that outside food and drinks are discouraged in the room. Condescending, really; and for us, going to local markets is half the fun of travelling abroad. I ended up "smuggling in" a bunch of ham and cheese anyway, and made cocktails using chufa (a cloyingly sweet but interesting beverage from tiger nuts) and, from the minibar, Veterano brandy. Should be win-win for hotel and customer. But maybe we really we are not five-star people.

Wireless Internet was Very Low or No Signal in our room. A one-hour card cost 5 euros and a 24-hour card cost 10 euros.

Hot pool was at the posted temperature (30-35 degrees C) and thus lukewarm,yet it seemed a lifeguard had his eyes trained on it all the time to enforce the hotel's silly policy of no kids in the pool (even when supervised by adults). Actually, not only a silly policy, but somewhat irresponsible. On a colder day in the Canaries, with the water in the lower pool around 20 (68 F), a dip in the hot tub could well prevent one from coming down with a cold.

nice hotel, standard 5 star

by TripAdvisor Member floober

This is a nice hotel that is kept extremely clean. the cleaning staff never stopped. I was there with my wife and daughter who is 2 years old and the hotel was very obliging whenever we needed anything. There is no baby sitting service but for a 50 euro deposit you can get a baby listening device from reception. this device did not really work very well. The breakfast is well done with a large selection but not what I would call stunning.
The waiters and staff were all very friendly ( except reception which was a bit brusque) and seemed to enjoy having fun with my daughter.
The pool area was very nice and children are catered for in as much as there is a small kids pool.
The beach is a 5 minute walk with no direct access from the hotel. You have to walk along the fanabe promenade and then down onto the beach. The beach itself was pleasant enough. What you would expect from a spanish resort public beach...lots of cigarette butts in the sand. if you use a lounger you are charges 9 euro. having a small kid meant we wanted to use the beach but had we been there without kids then we would certainly not use the beach.
Overall it is a nice hotel that is well kept. A standard 5 star hotel that only shines in the area of cleanliness. The rest is what you would expect.

Nice hotel, but rooms not 5*

by TripAdvisor Member LondonSunseeker

Very nice hotel, looks like a 5* from the outside, but the reception area and features in the main building appeared to look a little bit worn. The hotel is quite large and each of the 5 roomed buildings are themed on the different mountains of the island. The staff are quite helpful and the grounds are very well kept and some areas are very easy on the eye with the greenery and features. Pool area is very tranquil with great views. The food was very good and waiter service very friendly. I recommended eating outside overlooking the bandstand as the night draws in!However, we were very disappointed with our room. It was quite small, and the furniture was not what you expect of a 5 star with scratch and scuff marks over most things. Resort offers a few things. Overall this hotel is good, but i just feel it is missing that something which does not make it true 5 star quality. If you are looking for a perfect canary holiday for couples i would recommended Atlantis Palace in Fuerteventura.

Paradise Found

by TripAdvisor Member HollybagsScotland

We've been going to this hotel for years - quite simply because guests are guaranteed the highest of standards, the friendliest of staff and the most pleasant surroundings - both inside and out - that one could hope for.

The public areas are grand and imposing (what about that stained glass domed roof?) and the rooms are very nice - spotlessly clean and well equipped.

But it's the pools and gardens that excel. The gardens are very well kept with mature palms and other exotic plants providing shade for those who look for it, while the heated pool is very relaxing and the cold water pool - complete with waterfalls - is exhilerating to say the least.

As one other reviewer said, the cleaning staff seem to never stop and the hotel positively shines as a result.

Meal of the day has to be breakfast with more choice than you could ever sample and omelettes to die for.

Do yourself a favour and visit this lovely hotel.

good but stuffy

by TripAdvisor Member sscottishlass

Just back from this hotel, Read all the reports before booking and thought it sounded ok.

First the good points
Spotless throught the hotel. You could eat your dinner off the floor. As another review said they clean all the time.

The pool is just so relaxing and tropical. The heated one is just wonderful but we never tried the unheated freshwater one.

Our room was supposed to be a sea view but I would question that as you had to strain your neck to glimpse it.

Staff were very helpful and room was cleaned thoroughly early in the mornings.

Now the bad points

There is a notice that says no sunbeds to be booked. (forget that as all the germans are down at the crack of dawn doing just that) No one takes them away.

I would say if you have kids forget this hotel as it is not child friendly and most of the people are middle to old age. I think at 47 I was one of the youngest.

There is a security guard at the entrance and I got stopped one night as I was returning one evening and asked for my room key to prove I stayed there. Bit miffed as my marks and spencer outfit did not hack it.

I Overall all I would recomend this hotel as it suited our purpose which was to totally unwind and do nothing. Just read by the pool and visit the shops. If you turn left as you come out of the hotel you have upmarket shops and if you turn right its a bit like blackpool. There are few british tourists in th e hotel and you really have to stand up for yourslef.

Anyone booking enjoy we certainly did

Beautiful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Quamarte

A beautiful hotel in a prime location. Not ideal for children. Outstanding staff. We cannot comment on food apart from breakfast whcih was excellent. Highly recommended

Comments