Ernesto Sarti 5, Adeje, Tenerife, 38679, Spain

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• mabu's Profile Photo

A nice 4 Star Hotel near the Torviscas Beach:

The Hotel is a modern (but not very nice and special) building only a few footsteps from the Torviscas beach. The big Lobby and the bar area are very modern and full of marble very stylish...
    The rooms have all got a balcony (either with road view (noisy), garden view or some of them have sea view) a bathroom, TV, Air condition and Telephone.

The Breakfast and Evening meal are served at a big and very good buffet. In the evening the menues change every day.

The Hotel has got two pools (one of them can be heated) and loads of sunbeds to be used.

Unique Quality: The personel is very friendly and helpfull.
    The food is great!
    In front of the Hotel there is a guarded carpark where the (rental)car can be parked safely.

More about Iberostar Torviscas Playa

Feb. 2006 trip to Torviscas Playa...

by TripAdvisor Member hopefulfromderby

Just returned from a week away at the Torviscas Playa (12/2/06 - 19/2/06). We (myself, wife and two daughters aged 17 and 20) originally had booked the Bouganville Playa but decided to switch to the Torviscas after we received a letter from our Thomas Cook travel agent warning of road works outside the Bouganville.

How pleased we were to make the switch having taken a look at the Bouganville during our stay.

The Torviscas was smashing. The hotel from the outside looked a bit tired, however our rooms were clean and comfortable with air conditioning. One of the rooms was facing the front of the hotel which was a little noisy, so we asked to move to the rear of the hotel which had a view of the sea and was quieter.

The food was very good, with a varied choice at both breakfast and evening meal. We had ‘help yourself’ Champagne on two occasions at breakfast time and succulent fresh prawns an a couple of occasions at the evening meal. At every meal there were dishes freshly prepared and cooked by the hotel chefs.

The entertainment staff were excellent, very affable and always had a very positive attitude. The events during the day were typical, with no pressure to take part. The evening entertainment was ok, reflecting the time of year and average age group of the residence.

The pool area was superb… plenty of recliners. Reserving seats was not encouraged which was good as you didn’t feel pressured to reserve beds.

The hotel was very cosmopolitan, visitors from all over the globe who appeared to get on with each other.

All in all a great week s break…

Wouldn’t hesitate to go back.

If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to drop me a line.

Regards,

Mike Munro

fantastic holiday

by TripAdvisor Member HOLIDAY_SARAH

Having just returned from the Torviscas Playa I would recommend this hotel to everyone. It is difficult to know where to begin in praising this hotel.
The location of the hotel couldn't have been better, right next to the beach, accessible via steps or a ramp. There are plenty of bars and shops near by catering for all tastes. The hotel is not affected by loud bars at night which can often be associated with Playa de las Americas.
The food is exceptional the best i've ever experienced abroad, fresh salad, seafood, meat, cheeses...Every night the chefs 'show cook' meaning they prepare fresh meat and fish whilst you watch. The dinning room staff are friendly and hard working and drinks are very reasonably priced.
The hotel rooms are nothing like the pictures shown in the brochures or internet, I was expecting something from the 80's when infact the rooms are newly refurbished, modern, clean and comfortable.
Having ventured round a few different resorts we definately made the right choice, other resorts near by seemed to be affected by building and road works.
The local taxi service is easily accessible and it costs just 4/5 euros to get to Veronicas 'The Strip' for a lively night out.
I would be very suprised by anyone who was not totally impressed by the Torviscas Playa, i'd definately go again!

Wonderful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member suesboxers

We have just returned from the Torviscas Playa, and must say what a wonderful hotel this is. We have stayed at the Guayamina and the La Nina in the same resort, but this hotel is by far the best. The food is fantastic, something for everyone and every taste, the rooms are beautiful, I requested a sea view room as it was my birthday, and they allocated us one, together with a bottle of wine on my birthday. The staff are very efficient and friendly, the chambermaids are so polite. I cannot praise this hotel enough, and will definitely be returning, Whats more, its in a a fantastic position in the resort.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member BrambleBear

I had previously stayed at this Hotel four years ago and at that time was reasonably impressed. However, since my previous stay I have enjoyed trying some other hotels in and around this resort area and I must say based upon my comparisons I am surprised the Torviscas Playa rates so highly (number 4 at the time of writing). My main observations during my stay are :-
Meals - Lack of choice of hot meats for the evening meal and some evening meals were very similar from one evening to the next. Some meal evenings were themed and if you did not like the main item there was poor choice to be had. Also, the dining area is poorly designed and at whatever time I dined I was having to dodge other diners due to the fact that bottle necks occurred at various positions of popular foods. Another complaint was that foods were not labled and some foods mentioned on the menu were not to be found in the restaurant.
Swimming Pool - The hotel do loan out towels for a returnable deposit. My disappointment was that the Hotel do not enforce their own rules with regard to the reserving of sunbeds. The Hotel does state that any bed that has been reserved and has not been used for a period in excess of 45 minutes will have the towel removed. During my stay a very large number of prime spot beds were reserved in this way and were left unused for hours on end - much to the frustration of other residents.
No Smoking Policy - I was pleased to enjoy the non smoky environment inside the Hotel. However, I was amazed to see that a smoking area has been erected directly outside the rear doors (the doors were always in the open position) adjacent to the entrance to the dining room - as a result diners had to endure passing through a veil of smoke on entering and vacating the dining area. If this smoking area is to remain I would suggest the rear doors are replaced with automatic doors to lessen the drift of smoke into the main building.
TV in room - What a waste of time, very poor reception/picture/sound and very few channels of interest to english speaking guests.
The Hotel is cleaned on a regular basis and the staff a generally very pleasant and polite.

Hotel Staff were Excellent

by TripAdvisor Member ellis shand

Have just spent a week from 16th to 23rd December 05 inclusive,must say the hotel was excellent.
The staff including the Animation Team were very nice without being pushy.
Would go again.
We are both over 70 and for us the entertainment every evening was good for young and old !
The only downside we could find is that the hotel could be doing with a "Spruce Up",especially the dining room and perhaps the dining room lighting could be improved .
But overall very good.
Would recommend it to anyone.

very good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Iamlost

Having just returned from a weeks stay in this hotel I cannot praise it enough. The hotel is situated near the beach within easy reach of shops and bars. There is a market which is held twice a week just opposite the hotel where you can try out your bartering skills, but beware of the pick-pockets.Although the hotel has a road running outside the front there is no noise, infact our room was at the front of the hotel and we had no disturbances at all, very quiet.
The hotel itself is spotless and the rooms each have a hairdryer, fridge, tv (sky news etc), air conditioning. They are cleaned every day and the sheets were changed once while we were there, towels are changed on a regular basis.
The food is to a very high standard with plenty of variety, including a vegetarian selection, meat, fish, pasta, salads etc, something for everyone. The only negative point I wish to make is that the food serving area seemed to be somewhat small and cramped which caused some queuing, as everyone was in the same place whether you were getting your starter, dinner or sweet!
The price of drinks in the hotel were reasonable,{I have been charged more in other hotels)but of course were cheaper outside. When we were in for the entertainment this was quite good.
The staff all through the hotel were very friendly and always called out a greeting. The receiption staff were very helpful and speak very good English.
The majority of guests at this time of year were 50's and above with very few children or young families (although there were a handful and there is a childrens club).
The swimming pool is cleaned every morning and there are plenty of sun beds and brollies, available almost anytime.
I had a good holiday and would go back.

nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member katie-suffolk

had a week away with my daughter in late november, the weather was excellent and the hotel is right next to the beach, down a few steps, next to the market. very nice large rooms, lovely pool and nice food, would deffinately go back there. good value

Loved every minute

On my arrival to torvisca playa i found the hotel staff to be excerlent nothing was to much trouble .Hotel room spotlesley clean at all times
Food was excerlent a wide ranch of differant choices.
Day time staff for the children was 1 st class the kids loved them.
Night time entertainment was more for the over 50 but was not a problem as we were out in the town ever night (wich was on the doorstep) .
Would recomend going to any one those that moan about the road at the back i didnt thing that was a problem

Fabulous Hotel

We visited this hotel in March 2006 and this was our first visit to the hotel. It is well located, the rooms are nice, extremely clean and are leaned on a daily basis with the sheets and towels being changed on a regular basis. The Pool area is excellent with lots of sunbeds and umbrellas. The restaurant and food were first class, lots of good choice of things to eat. The animation team are superb and friendly. We will certainly visit this hotel again.

Torviscas playaTorviscas playa