Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion

C/ Roque Nublo 1, Sector 8 Fanabe, Playa de las Americas, Tenerife, 38660, Spain
Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion

La Plantacion

by TripAdvisor Member pac23

My wife and I have just returned from one week at La Plantacion.
The Hotel is beautiful , the rooms are splendid and the food is good.BUT the service , particulary in the buffet restaurant , the bar , the pool bar and room service is not five star . Most of the waiters seem amateurs and ill trained not what is expected at a five star hotel . Mr P A Cowen

Nice New Resort Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member Manben

We stayed for five nights at La Plantacion in late October. Tenerife is beautiful and very clean and the weather simply perfect! We flew into the North airport (about 45 min drive to the resort)-- as it was cheaper than flying into the South airport. We were greeted (after a very long and difficult day of flying from the US) by a very friendly porter who took our luggage up and showed us the room. We were pleasantly surprised by the room (we stayed in a Junior Suite). We had an amazing view of the ocean from our balcony. The breakfast buffet is just "ok"-- we have seen better, we have seen worse. The spa is amazing! We loved it. The pools are just "ok"-- no hot tub at any of the pools. Also, we had read that not a lot of children stay at this hotel, however, they do! Apparently, it was UK school holiday while we were there- we did not mind much, but if you do not want kids running and screaming around the pool, this is not the hotel for you. Also, as an aside, we were the only Americans staying at this hotel-- which was a nice change of pace, but most people we met were surpised we had come all the way from the US to the Canary Islands. My only two complaints about the resort (which I think is an amazing value) is that the staff barely speaks ANY english- which is strange for a resort that caters to UK travelers. And it is a long walk to the beach (the resort has a shuttle, but it stops at 6 p.m. so if you want to visit one of the many great restaurants down on the ocean front you have to walk). Overall, great experience, staff very friendly (albeit hard to communicate with). We booked trip through luxurylink.com-- amazing deal!

Fabulously relaxing!

by TripAdvisor Member pitlanejane

My husband & I have just returned from a 2 week stay at La Plantacion del Sur, which was amazing! We were originally planning a trip to Mexico, but their hurricane season put us off, as we`d been caught up in one before,so we decided to return to Tenerife and were not as all disappointed by our decision to go back. Average temps 28deg.

On arrival we were greeted with a glass of chilled Cava or fruit juice and canapes, whilst our luggage was swiftly dispatched to our room. The porter then escorted us to our room where he was very informative regarding the location of restaurants, pools and the workings of the room-safe etc.

Our main criteria for all our holidays now has to be Internet access as my husband has to be able to run both his companies for the duration of our stay away from home.... Sad, but true! Unlike most hotels that have an Internet room, the convenience of having access in our own room was invaluable. Not only did it mean that you didn`t have to wait for other hotel guests to finish their 3 and a half hour Google searches, but it meant I wasn`t left alone like Nancy-no-mates every 5 mins, thereby keeping my marriage intact!

Our double air-con. suite was very spacious & clean with a sea view balcony facing the island of Gomera, and with spectacular views of the evening sunsets. Two complimentary half botles of wine were in our room, which I personally feel is a nicer alternative to the bowl of manky fruit that some hotels leave for you. The daily maid service, Angela, would provide clean towels, bath robes, toiletries and an evening "turn-down" service, where she would leave chocolates on our bed and a card with the following days weather forecast, whch was very useful in planning the for the day ahead. Mercifully, she didn`t spend 20 minutes or so sculpting our bath towels into exotic swans or a replica of Mount Teide!, but would occassionally scatter fresh rose petals in the bathroom instead.

Girls......and some of you boys...no need to pack your hairdryer as a 1600v with directional nozzle dryer is provided, as is a wall-mounted make-up/shaving mirror. I also asked for a steam iron and ironing board which arrived within 5 minutes of my request and stayed in our room for the 2 week duration. Piped music throughout the room and bathroom is a nice chillout addition, and an flat screen T.V. provides 5 English speaking channels including Sky News, CNN, Eurosport and a pay-to-view movie channel. Should you wish to keep up-to-date with a newspaper or the current issue of "Heat" or "Hello", the hotel shop supplies these for sale as well as postcards, jewellery, swimwear,sun lotions etc.

The Mondariz Spa is well worth a visit for a bit of pampering. The
hotel issues each room with a voucher for a complimentary visit .However, this does not include any of the treatments. It entitles you to spend 1hour for the Thalassa Circuit, which involves an active pool where you immerse yourself in Hydromassage, bubble beds, cross-currents, hydromassage seats, a water geyser and best of all the swan necks. 4 giant taps that you stand under whilst in the spa pool each delivering different water pressures..very invigorating! and normally at a cost of 15 euros. Each room is supplied with a pair of white hotel slippers for both of you, which I highly recommend you wear around the Spa area to avoid donning the blue plastic "E.R" shoe covers, that make you look like you are about to perform major surgery! If you are lucky enough to sport a shaved head like my husband, you will escape the need to wear the stunning blue swimming hat avaialble for a few euros if you`ve been remiss in bringing your own! I pretended to do a bit of syncronised swimming to ease the humiliation of such attire!! Leave all cameras in the room-safe if I were you, so no reproduction is EVER seen by friends, family or the world-wide web!

The pools were all heated,otherwise I would not have ventured in.
The pool attendants were on hand to assist weak and feeble females like myself with umbrellas and to issue/collect pool towels. They were also superb in ensuring no-one reserved sunbeds, by removing any towels that had been placed on a sunlounger at 5.45 a.m., by the guest who then decided to go awol for a 2hr breakfast, a 4hour shopping and sightseeing trip to return 6 hours later bemused as to why "their" bed was not there waiting for them! The only criticism we both shared was that of the use of mobile phones and smoking around the pools.
Every now and then I would feel my blood pressure rise with the Italian National anthem or Crazy Frog ringtone.Thank God for I-pods! I was awoken from my dreamlike state on my sunbed once thinking I`d obviously exposed myself to too much sun with smell of burning. As I came round, I realised it was the stench of a cigar. The use of mobile phones, I feel is not conducive with relaxing around the pool, and although the hotel had implemented designated smoking areas for diners, I appreciate it would be difficult to eliminate smoking from around the pool. Note to self:- Pack nose-clip or peg next time...attractive!

The pool bar waiters/waitresses are frequerntly around the pool area taking drink orders, so you don`t even have to interrupt valuable tanning time by leaving your sunbed for a trip to the bar.
There are toilets situated near the pool bar with showers where shampoos etc. are also left for your use.

The breakfast buffets were great. You could either sit out on the terrace, or sit inside the restaurant. A wide and varied choice of food was available, and the chef was on hand each morning to cook fresh omelettes, pancakes, poached eggs etc. I recommend you get into the habit of starting the day with a chilled glass of Cava ....would be rude not to!
Dress code is casual, (no swimwear), & smart-casual for buffet dinner-no need to book a table for either. It is however necessary to book for the" El Gormet Canario" restaurant and to dress smartly.

We hired a car from "Cicar" on the island BEFORE we arrived-this was delivered to the hotel as our travel company provided a car to pick us up from the airport a 20 minute drive away. Due to the location of the hotel, away from noisy bars & restaurants, we would recommend that you hire a car to give yourself the independance and convenience a car provides. Playa de Las Americas is only a 10 minute drive down the TF1, where there are plenty of bars & restaurants, (try "Kwong Tsar" if you love Chinese food or "Tepanyaki" above the Safari shopping complex for Japanese cuisine), and shopping malls, (Park Santago 1,2,3,4 &5).
There are plenty of underground parking lots, but a word of warning...before you leave your car in an underground car park, check to make sure it doesn`t close at 11p.m.!! Not all car parks make this very clear so always ask the parking attendant to avoid having to leave your hire car overnight, paying the overnight fee and having to get a taxi back to the hotel, like we did one night! The hotel has it`s own underground garage, so your hire car is secure as you need a room key to access the garage, and although the cars have A/C it`s nice and cool if left there during the day,

All in all a great holiday, and if you too are looking for somewhere to relax and unwind, that`s not on top of noisy bars etc. this is for you. You`ll love it! We will definitely go back again to "La Plantacion" to recharge our batteries again. Bon Voyage!

Excellent quality five star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member erhos

I have just returned from a week-long stay at the Plantacion del Sur and found it to be a very good quality five star hotel. I travel extensively and stay almost exclusively at five star hotels so hope that this is a reasonably educated judgement.

There is nevertheless an element of truth in some of the criticisms that have been made elsewhere:
- the staff are polite and friendly but probably not as attentive as at some other five stars (although in some ways this can be welcome relief from the over-attentive, obsequious service that you receive at a lot of luxury hotels);
- the food in the buffet restaurant is perhaps not of the finest quality, but any shortcomings are more than made up for by the choice available and the flexibility of the buffet format (NB there is also an a la carte restaurant in the hotel if you want a more formal dining experience); and
- the pools are rather cooler than they should be (probably refreshing in the summer months but they really need to be heated through the winter).

However, to focus on these minor points would be churlish in the extreme. The hotel is attractively designed and recently built, with spacious, well appointed rooms. It is very well situated at the quieter, higher end side of town, and is just a short walk away from two good beaches. Staff are plentiful and helpful. The hotel was only half full when I was there, so I have not seen management/ staff/ facilities under pressure, but with the odd exception (e.g. queuing for the grill at the buffet) I didn't come across any obvious capacity constraints. All in all, a great place for some winter sun.

Fantastic New Year

by TripAdvisor Member anyone

We have just returned from La Plantacian and overall enjoyed a fantastic stay at this very very beautiful hotel - I agree with the other reviews that there are some service issues and some confusions but a lot of it is due to language issues and we have to accept we are in Spain - we did find a few things frustrating to explain or get arranged such as organising ice in the room every day at 5pm or requesting the turn down service for 7.30 but apart from minor issues we enjoyed a wonderful new year at this hotel

The rooms are fantastic and the rooms and hotel grounds are spotless with lots of attention constantly being made to maintenance - house keeping is very good and once they understand what you want nothing is too much trouble

We enjoyed a jacuzzi suite with a fantastic view over the bay to watch the new year fireworks sat in our jacuzzi with a bottle of champagne

We opted for the gourmet new years eve dinner which although very expensive at £200 each - it was absolutely superb - the gourmet restaurant is just amazing - the food was some of the best we have eaten and we do travel a lot staying in top hotels - we even enjoyed Kobe fillet steak as part of the scrumptious menu - all the drinks were included in the price and we were pleased to see that nothing was scrimped on - all top quality wines and Tattinger Champagne all night long not cava!! Whatever drinks we wanted were included - the night was simply amazing - we had a wonderful table for two by the window for a perfect view of the new years fire works! We enjoyed the restaurant so much that we hoped to dine there again the following night but it was fully booked!! The food is absolutely brilliant in this restaurant and it is a real dining gourmet experience

We totally disagree with some of the negative comments on the breakfasts - again we are very fussy and we thought the breakfasts were great - the food was all hot and well presented with plenty of choice - double expressos which I sometimes find difficult to order for breakfast even in the finest hotels were not a problem at all to them and the egg station served me with superb omelettes every morning!

The hotel is up a hill and not as convenient as the Bahia Del Duque hotel which I have also stayed at - the rooms however are much much better than del duque as they are brand new with the latest fitments - the shower in the bathroom is quite simply magnificent with incredible water pressure - the beds are excellent and we enjoyed 4 nights very good sleep!

We never found any details regarding the bus service up and down the hill to the centre although we understand there is one - we chose to walk down and back to get our daily exercise but some people could find the walk a bit of a steep one - the hotel could make the bus service a bit clearer for guests?

I enjoyed two quality treatments in the spa and the spa pool which costs 15 euros per session was well worth the money and a totally luxurious experience - the spa was one of the best I have ever seen in a hotel - my husband also enjoyed a treatment at the spa and also the spa pool

The water in the swimming pools is far too cold - only one pool is heated and even that is too cold to swim in unless you are really brave - I swim every day at home and love swimming on holiday before breakfast but these pools were far too cold - we are hoping they may have them heated properly before we stay again for next new year- there have been enough reviews on this site mentioning the cold water in the pool to hopefully make the hotel do something about this if they can?

No need to take a travel hairdryer at this hotel because the hairdryer in the bathroom is not the usual standard hotel issue - it is a quality powerful 1600 watt hairdryer - very nice touch!! Also a good make up mirror provided in the gorgeous bathroom

Excellent clothes storage wardrobe areas in the rooms and top quality hermes toiletries replaced every day

There were a number of children staying at the hotel whilst we were there - they were all exceptionally well behaved and the childrens entertainment team seemed to have them well entertained constantly including new years eve allowing the adults to enjoy the gala dinner.

Our only real criticism of this hotel is that the service just needs tweaking up a bit and more training of staff as there did seem to be a number of guests experiencing difficulties making themselves understood - the hotel staff though all tried very hard and everyone we met was very friendly - the hotel Manager Simon was excellent and attending to any issues we had immediately and to our satisfaction

A beautiful hotel with incredible views from all rooms - the jacuzzi suites were something special and the private sunbathing terrace we enjoyed along with the jacuzzi with two top quality sunbeds further enhanced our experience

We hope to stay again between Xmas and new year this coming year if we can arrange a good in advance price and enjoy another wonderful stay

We experienced no problems with security and although we always use room safes for money and jewellery we did leave things in the hotel room such as my laptop and mobile phones and had absolutely no problems at all

I cannot think of anywhere better in Tenerife at the moment apart from The Bahia Del Duque hotel which is still an amazing hotel with an increcible location and in a different way equally as good in some areas.

Please email me if I can be of any further assistance to anyone thinking of booking this hotel - drhodes@peeladvertising.co.uk

Comments