4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Sheraton Fuerteventura Golf & Spa Resort

Very Good Indeed

by TripAdvisor Member SAHJ

I have to say that we couldn't really fault this hotel and its service. Obviously other people have had different experiences.
My husband, 11 yr old and myself stayed here the week before Easter and it was very very quiet. Check in was swift and efficient. The breakfast was lovely, always quiet and the food always fresh with the usual omelettes/eggs cooked to order. The fresh orange juice machine was fab too. We were B&B and ate in the buffet restaurant some nights (30 euros per adult and 15 per child) which was good value. We also ate in the pan asian (excellent) and a la carte which were both good too. As the hotel was quiet certain things weren't open i.e. the salon and the pub, but quite frankly there weren't enough guests around to use them! Yes, the ice machines didn't work which was inconvenient but the barman kindly gave us a bucket of ice when requested. The hotel is right on the beach and nearby is a small indoor shopping complex with some lovely shops and a huge spa supermarket. Caleta de Fuste is 10 min walk away.
Overall we would definitely go back to the Sheraton.

What a let down Sheraton Hotels

by TripAdvisor Member ChrissyKent

What a disappointment our holiday at the Sheraton was! I was hoping the other reviews were being a little harsh but they are all true. Five star hotel with three star service ! Our rooms were excellent - two interconnecting suites beautiful bathrooms, beds and great view over the pool and beach area. I have four children and at first thought how lovely the children's pool was but it was freezing cold and being cloudy and windy at times the kids would freeze when they came out and therefore we had to stop them using it. The middle pool was slightly heated therefore we stuck to that one. Nice playground and kids club area and the beach was fine. Now for the bad side, the service was awful, there were no pool waiter service so we had to stand and wait while the staff would walk past us or if we sat down for lunch we had to be prepared to sit and wait a long time - even found they would serve others who came along after us first!

We found one of the male reception staff to be very rude when we had a couple of queries and just didn't want to help us at all. Near the end of our stay we checked our bill on the tv which showed over £100 of charges we had not made - I went the see the receptionist who checked my account and looked up the invoices and found that several were for other rooms and didn't have our room number on. She even transferred the amounts to other rooms in front of me which were not the correct room numbers! We ate in the buffet restaurant a few evenings but found the food to be exactly the same each night and limited to very few choices making it very difficult to feed children. Even the deserts were poor. Food and drinks very expensive.

In both our rooms the air con was fine during the day but hardly worked at night - do they regulate this at night I ask myself? I would recommed you take your own toiletries as these were not always replenished.

All in all we won't be returning the Fuerteventura. Our last holiday was 5 star in Dubai and that really was 5* don't expect it here.

would not go back!!

by TripAdvisor Member MrsMint

My family and I (2 young children and my husband ) have just come back from this hotel. Whilst the hotel itself is lovely it lacks a soul! The kids club was the best as they took our 1 and a half year old as well as our 4 year old for a couple of hours a day so we had time on our own however there is nothing to do in evenings lacked a centre, no kids mini disco much to my sons disappointment. The food was good but service whilst nice staff there was not enough of them! We found our own breakfast table , high chairs and set our own table most days no word of a lie! It is a shame as my husband and I ate in the chinese on site one night and it is a beautiful restaurant and great food but we had to go into the kitchen to find a waiter and we were the only ones there. Any way I could go on all day after spending many fantastic years in a great resort in Gran Canaria in beautiful hotel I decided we needed a change, never again . The resort of Costa Caleta is in my opinion a dump and there are no nice shops bars restaurants, i suppose it depends what you are expecting but we will be going back to Meloneras in April from now on!

Excellent in every way

by TripAdvisor Member garrynacran

It's new, the grounds may be a little immature but are well and beautifully laid out and well maintained, OK there are planes overhead (there are also cars on the road) but without them there would be no or few tourists and anyway their impact fades as the overall excellence becomes apparent, especially the staff and management. If you want to spend a long time doing nothing, in luxury, this is the place.

Amazing, fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Sheraton07

Just returned from a 1 week stay with my husband and two children aged 9 and 5. Hotel lived up to the photos and writeups on website. Rooms were fantastic, really spacious, very luxurious. Buffet breakfast was great, everything anyone could want was available. Pools are open from 10am, and pool towels are available which is great - you don't have to bring your own. Great 18 hole mini golf for the kids and a park with swings and slides for the younger ones. Hotel was about a 20 min walk from the town, and 5 min walk from the shopping centre/cinema.

Comments