Hollywood Mirage Tenerife

Oasis Del Sur , Arona, 38650, Spain

More about Hollywood Mirage Tenerife

Buy from ebay - much cheaper!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Invertea

We have just returned from the Hollywood Mirage (July 2006) having purchased a week from ebay for £1500. After reading the comments about the sales reps and their antics we waited for the Saturday morning knock at the door, and sure enough, at around 10am, there it was. We then decided to completely ignore it as we knew who it was and we couldn't be bothered with their patter, and eventually they went away. We were then visited every day but continued to ignore them and managed to complete our holiday without a meeting of any kind. By the way, they know you are in because the doorbell doesn't work if the key is not present in the slot inside the box in the hallway. On our wanders around the complex we came across the enormous room where they do their stuff and every day it was packed full of people all being given the very hard sell. There is even a conveniently placed Cashline machine just outside this room should you wish to give these people a ridiculous sum of money for an apartment which is much cheaper to buy virtually anywhere else. Apart from these wise guys we had a great time. The kids loved the pool and the crocodile club. The apartment was small but comfortable but I am glad that my kids were a bit older as there were lots of child hazards to be aware of. The restaurant was over priced for the quality of the food and the Chinese night was completely rubbish with inedible food cooked by two German ladies. There are some nice restaurants out and about that are much better value for money. Everything else was excellent and we had a great holiday there.
The advice that we read about walking a few paces behind your partner when you see these scratchcard touts was brilliant. I walked with my daughter in front of my husband who had my son with him. If they think you are not a couple they don't bother you as they are told only to get couples up to whatever timeshare presentation they are flogging. Watching them do their 'My God you haven't won have you!' act with those gullible enough to take their cards is truely hilarious and worthy of a few Oscars. Please remember that EVERYONE wins! You just have to get in a Taxi to collect your prize, which you will not get after you have been trapped in a room miles from anywhere for 6 or 7 hours. I have this great desire to shout, 'Get a proper job!' at these touts but have managed to resist so far.
I hope you find this helpful
Laura

horrible staff- just say no!

by TripAdvisor Member xxJxx

We are a family of four- 2 adults and 2 teenagers and we booked as a package holiday.
Firstly, the room which we were allocated was situated in some sort of basement/dungeon- like place in the Beverley Hills Height hotel: our view from the window was people's feet by the pool. Naturally, we complained to the hotel staff so we could change rooms, who incredibly set up with the timeshare agency at the hollywood mirage!
We wasted about 4 hours being shown brochures, taken to various hotels and being interrogated by some guy pushing us to buy the timeshare! Although nothing directly was said, we rather felt that they were not going to give us a proper room unless we bought their timeshare. Of course we said no, as it was ridiculously expensive, but then the manager of the time share agency was called in. As we kept saying no, he began to get rather stroppy (the staff in general were rather patronizing ). Eventually he gave in and stormed out the room calling back- and i quote "fine! give them their room!".
Although very shocked at this, we found our normal room in the hollywood mirage to be of high standard. It was very clean, spacious, homely and exactly what a hotel room should be. We had no further problem after this. When we got back to England, we contacted our travel agent and made a formal complaint- we never heard from them again. 2 years later, the time share people still ring my house asking us to buy the time share!

Be Careful

by TripAdvisor Member woodie29

In itself the place is OK

We 'Won' a competition which of course meant going to a timeshare presentation which was not too bad as long as you said no. The salesman was a bit of a dope so no worries really.

The resort is nice with restaurants bars, entertainment etc but better eating is found in the local restaurants

If you are condsidering travelling / buying I would implore you to read about Resort Properties who run the 'guest services / timeshare sales' for the Beverly Hills Club / Heights and Hollywood Mirage on Crimeshare.

Cannot fault Hollywood Mirage

by TripAdvisor Member Viatro

Stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment as guests of friends for the first 2 weeks in September. Entertainment was brilliant, between Hollywood Mirage and Beverly Hills. So much so that I would seriously consider buying the second two weeks in September for a two bedroomed apartment if there is one available.

Americans

by TripAdvisor Member lmgnpb

This was an adventure for my husband and I. We are timeshare owners and traded for Hollywood Mirage. First off, we probably had the worst room location - 3rd flr - directly across from reception (didn't realize reception meant lobby and circled around a few times before realizing that is check-in). On the other hand, there are worse. We were rarely in our room so it was not a big deal.

We were in a studio, and it was fine and maintenance was pronto when we discovered our frig didn't work. It was also my first discovery that Europeans don't use washcloths. I used a handtowel insead.

I'm thinking, being Americans, we were not hassled at all for buying a unit - nobody spoke to us AT ALL. The only hassle we had was when their credit card machine (modem) was down and would not except our credit card after dinner.

When I called said "credit card" from our room to make sure the card number had not been stolen, the Mirage charged me the $10 for the phone call. At checkout I argued the charge with the desk clerk, manager was not available, and they would not take this charge off. Fortunately, the "credit card" reimbursed me but it was the principle of the matter not the $10. Standing at the desk for over 30 minutes trying to make the clerk comprehend the matter was infuriating and ultimately embarrassing because of others trying to check-out. I did get the comments, "Those Americans."

We thoroughly enjoyed the property and the island. We spent our down time at the "lower" pool. We are walkers and the trek into town was not a big deal - 1 mile. I left parking our rental and driving up to my husband - very different - tiny cars.

It was nice that they allowed us to use the pool and showers on our last day after checkin outl On that last day we had the "American Burger" at the resort's pool cafe. It featured a fried egg on it. FYI - never heard of it, blue cheese and bacon, yes, no fried egg.

You can go to webshots.com to see our pix.

Loved the Resort-only marred by desperate timeshare salesmen!

by TripAdvisor Member TonyE1

Have just returned from fantastic week here.

Cannot fault the resort decor,facilities, cleanliness or staff-all above average.

We already own at two other timeshare resorts, but unfortunately made the mistake of accepting a discounted "promotional week" from their telemarketing department -(after refusing on three previous occasions)!

We were subjected to awful three and three quarter hour "hard-sell" presentation. A couple of friends who had accepted a similar offer were accused of "coming out under false pretences" (after four hours), and threatened with having to pay the full cost of £1,000 for week??-by one of their salespeople!

Visit the resort or swap weeks for here by all means-but put the phone down if offered a great discounted deal here!

what awful sales staff

I WISH I HAD READ SOME OF THE PREVIOUS REVIEWS.
Having been contacted by a company offering us a week for £49 and the usual sales tour of either morning or afternoon we arranged our flights and another timeshare week in Tenerife. After arriving at 1am rep was on doorstep following morning by 9.30 to give us appointment time for an afternoon two days later. He then changed it to the morning which suited us better but OH DEAR wish we had not bothered. According to the rep the selling company is not part of the resorts. Am too embarrassed to say how long we spent with him except to say afternoon lot were now in place and believe it or not we still could not find out what we were being sold, think he was trying to get us to invest money -some hope-. My husband by this time was beginning to feel quite ill and disappeared back to apartment for a lie down, the rep then wanted us to go across and continue discussion there. I spoke to the manager, who was extremely rude - I cannot repeat here what he said to me -and more or less told me we had gone there on false pretexts. I got up and walked out and strangely enough we never saw either the rep or manager again. It did taint the holiday but apart from that it was a lovely resort, free bus to harbour, many cheap supermarkets near the resort and two pools for use.

Hollywood Glamour

by TripAdvisor Member BlackburnMarge

my husband and me stayed at the mirage in september last year and loved every minute. the staff were very professional and made us feel really welcome. the apartments are top class and we had a lovely sea view. there is a nice bar and restaurant and we watched the entertainment most nights. in all it was one otf the best holidays we've evar had and we want to go back in the summer

Could not be happier.

by TripAdvisor Member ER-docNewYorkCIty

My wife and I spent one week at the Hollywood Mirage. It was our first time in the Canary Islands and the Hollywood Mirage. We could not be happier. The room was 'only' a studio, but it had a sitting area, well-stocked kitchen, and a large balcony. Our room, and the rest of hotel, was cleaned daily. The pool, gym, and grocery were well situated and beautiful. Street parking was plentiful. (We would recommend a rental car. We never used the hotel's shuttle service.) We could have stayed at the hotel the entire week and still had a nice vacation.

The hotel staff never harassed us about further time-share opportunities. This might be because we are Americans -- the hotel has a strong British flavor, with a German accent -- or we were staying as guests of our parents.

Kudos to the Hollywood Mirage.

Best holiday we have had

by TripAdvisor Member puffy_newt

We stayed at the Hollywood Mirage for Christmas 2006 and had a brilliant time. My brother in law owns the week but could not travel because he is recovering from an operation so we stepped in and went to Tenerife for the first time. The weather was lovely and we spent most days around the big pool and joined in with all the activities organised by the entertainment staff. We will definitely be returning and will probably by a Christmas week ourselves so we can see the friends we made there every year.

Jo Franklin