3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 98% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Oasis Village

oasis village fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member redbuldonki

stayed at the oasis village 12th september 2007 we have never stayed all inclusive before so it was a 1st we have been to fuerteventura on many occasions and love the island. the oasis complex from the outside does not seem up to much but once you get inside its a different world the gardens are well kept and its very clean
the room we had was on a ground floor with a patio area the living area was very big the bathroom was large and the bedroom had a double bed with fitted wardrobes plus enough room to put a travel cot in with ease
although we were all inclusive there was a little fridge in the room to keep your vodka etc etc cool which was a godsend.
there is no on site supermarket but if you come out of the complex and turn left 5mins away is the oasis dunas which as a supermarket or turn left and a little further there is a supermarket just after the roundabout.
there are 3 swimming pools all saltwater one for just the children there are plenty of sunbeds so you dont need to get up at 5am to get one
the staff are fantastic on some reviews people say its just catered for the germans well its not true they cater for all and they put shows on for children till about 9.30 .
there is food and drink available from 7.30am till 1pm if you like a early morning glass of wine . when it gets to 11pm people are supposed to pay for their drinks even all inclusive residents well when i went to the bar after that time i never had to pay even though i offered like i said the staff are great.
the oasis is situated a ten minute walk from the baku water park and maybe 15 mins from the local market and 20 mins from the resort centre where there are lots of places to eat and drink but we didnt go there to much as we were well catered for at the oasis village as im sure you will be .
hope my review as been of help and if it has enjoy you holiday as we have booked for two weeks in september 2008 .
thanks for reading my review.

Loved oasis village

by TripAdvisor Member keza_9_lulfc_

We have just returned back from a week at oasis village and have loved every minute of our holiday there, after seeing some of the reviews we were a bit worried but we now wonder what people were moaning about as you definately get more than what you have paid for obviously these people like moaning and expect a higher rating for little money, we have always been self catering and we know how much eating out and drinks cost and we would have spent a lot more money.
We were pleasantly surprised when we saw the surroundings which are absolutely beautiful and also how lovely, spacious and clean the apartments where with also a full size fridge in it .They catered for all nationalities - The breakfast consisted of pancakes, cereals, fruit- fresh , dried and tinned, cheese, ham
selection of lovely fresh bread, their bacon -like ham, eggs boiled,scrambled, fried. Lunch- salads meats, chicken, fish, burgers, chips, jacket potatoes and a choice of about 6 desserts,
Dinner was much the same just changing it abit with canneloni, lasagne, chops, steaks or pizza, drinks were on tap fruit juices, fanta, coke, wines and lager and hot chocolate and coffee.
Snack time 3-30 - 4-0pm salad hot dogs cheeseburgers pizza and icecreams and large ice pops, sometimes there was a few people waiting but not for long, there wasnt alot of staff but they really worked well and quickly, yes the food might get a bit repetitive after a week but also self catering did for us last year.
We had 3 teenagers with our family a boy of 14 and 2 girls 16 and 17, the girls are very sporty play alot of football, and they found the sports programme with burt and the rest fo the gang fantastic and they made their holiiday perfect joining in with the football, volley ball waterpolo darts table tennis and lots more, the animation team worked so hard and got everybody involved during the day, kids and dads even my son joined in. it wasnt hectic the entertainment at night but they did a mini club for the little ones teaching them all the songs and dance moves which the little ones loved. and a race night , and bingo which was really funny as they said it in every nationality. The only thing I would moan about was that they should have air conditioning as I would dread going back to the room at night as it was too hot even with a fan but a apart from that it was perfect and we all miss it already and I would really recommend it to everyone.

Overall a lovely hotel and environment!

by TripAdvisor Member nichola_70

We stayed at the Oasis Village for 2 weeks all inclusive and found the trip to be very enjoyable.
Our room was very spacious and comfortable, with a large bathroom and plenty of cupboard space. There was a small mini fridge inside (enough for a few bottles of water but thats about it - we didn't mind though as we were not self catering) The TV had only one english speaking channel, Sky News, but no one really watches that much TV on holiday! They were kept very clean, with towels and sheets changed reguarly.
The food is not the best quality ever, but as long as your not fussy there is a lot to choose from. I must say by the second week we were getting a bit bored of it but towards the back end of our holiday they used the open grill and had some lovely themed dinners such as chinese and mexican. Pool bar was very efficient and open pretty much all day. Snack bar was disappointing as it was open for only 1 hour a day but again not really that much of a problem.
The staff are lovely and are always willing to help, speaking very good english and when we had a problem with our bed it was fixed within 30 minutes.
Pools were great and kept very clean, always plenty of sunloungers even when we didn't go down till about 1ish. Reception and internet access 24 hours and very efficient. Entertainment was a bit cheesy (snake show, kareoke, parrots etc) but was a nice evening filler.
If I was to come back to Corralejo I would have no hesitations coming back to the Oasis Village.

Absolutely Great Hotel could not have asked for much more

by TripAdvisor Member jasminek

I have just returned from a weeks holiday today
(Weds 26th September) staying at the Oasis Village Fuerteventura and felt I needed to write this review to help others who may be going to Fuerteventura decide where to stay as hotels are in Fuerteventura are a plenty.
I am someone who is never hesitant in complaining when standards are unacceptable but on the flip side when I have received good service I feel it important to let others know.
I went with my daughter (10 years old) for a week half board.
We arrived late at the hotel approx. 9.30pm, and my first impressions on the exterior of the property even at night were good. The hotel was well lit but not overtly lit and you were able to see the large spacious simple but somewhat elegant reception with the natural plants around the hotel.
We were warmly welcomed , and the necessary admin done quickly to book us in. We were then directed to our room and informed a cold buffet meal would be available to us in the dining room once we had settled in.
The ultimate test however would come before any meal- the quality of the room!
We did get lost breifly finding our room but this gave us a chance to see how the grounds of the hotel were and even in the dark it looked impressive, well catered for gardens,plants,clean pathways etc. We asked a member of the ground staff to help us find our room and he did so without hesitation ,was polite and for the rest of the holiday whenever he saw us always had a wave or a Ola! fo us.
Our room had a large patio with a table and four chairs outside it.
The room. Well they say first impressions last and they did the room was clean and I mean CLEAN the bathroom(the ultimate test) was spotless to the extent that it looked brand new, even the small hand towels had been arranged into swan shapes with soaps in the middle and left nicely on the sink area.
The bedroom was spotless clean beds/bedlined,extra linen and pillowcases were also in the room and wardrobe space was more than enough.
The dining/kitchen area of the apartment was very spacious it had a sofa bed, armchair, dining table and chairs, fridge, hob,cupboards, plates cutlery etc all clean and ready to be used if so desired.
The hotel has three pools ,the main pool, large, clean lots of sun loungers available for everyone's use, the medium size pool again clean with plenty of sun loungers and finally the baby pool.
I was so impressed by the cleanliness of the pools and pool areas and the relaxing surrounds. There was a pool bar ,with polite helpful staff great fresh salads to eat daily or other types of food to suit most tastes.
The restaurant was again well organised and clean and food well spread out so not lots of long queues to deal with at meal times.
The location of the hotel for us was good as it was not right on the main street but a very accomodating 5-10 minute stroll to reach the main street with shops and restaurants. The hotel is also a few minutes walk from the Baku Water park a great day out and very afford.
My only negative on the hotel was the evening entertainment , it was just down right awful , but hey it gives you the chance to go explore the town and take a stroll.
I could go on and on but I wont .
I would sum up my stay at this hotel as just what a sun holiday should be all about. On our stay there the mix of groups of guests staying made it even more welcoming from families to fun groups of guys having fun and being respectful of everyone to in love couples just soaking up the sun.
It really is a great place to stay and I could not understand anyone coming away from a stay here unhappy.
I will be going back to this hotel and have told all my frineds if they go to Fuerteventura , this is the place to stay.

Good Holiday Location - But Beware if You Don't Like Cats

by TripAdvisor Member caribbeankitts

My 12 year old son and I have just returned yesterday from a week holiday, staying at the Oasis Village Apartments in Corralejo. I booked the holiday at the last minute (day before) and did an allocation on arrival deal. I was very pleasantly surprised at the accommodation as I have done allocation on arrival in the past and did not rate it very much, but decided to try it again due to the very short notice.

The hotel accomodation and facilties were in my opinion, fairly rated as a 3 star rating. The hotel staff were excellent - very friendly and professional.

From the outside, when the coach dropped us off, I did not think much of the hotel - very plain, but once past the reception, the grounds were lovely. There are 3 very good sized swimming pools and shower facilities and lots of sunbeds. Access to the accommodation is via an inclined cobbled slope, so not very suitable for people with mobility issues. The accommodation itself was a very good size and very clean, unfortunately there is no air conditioning, and therefore the rooms were uncomfortably hot and stuffy. The cleaners dont work on Sunday and Tuesdays and the sheets are changed once a week. There is lots of wardrobe space and plenty of clothes hangers.

We stayed on an all inclusive basis. There meals were - just ok. I ended up having salad most days and my son ate very lititle. The food tends to be recyled - i.e. if there is plenty of mushrooms left over at breakfast, they will end up in a lunchtime salad or evening stew. The food tended to be luke warm. On the plus side, there was loads and loads of soft drinks, hot drinks and alcohol to keep you going and the bar services were excellent.

I would stay at Oasis village again, but I would definelty not do all inclusive as I like a hot, fresh and tasty meal.

The area in correlejo is good. There is a netto supermarket and shopping centre across the road (although lots of the shops units are unoccupied). It is a short walk (15 minutes) to the main street with the main shops and bars and a beach is never far away. We took a taxi to Flag beach which was absolutely beautiful. Very very clean and sandy - it is just like, if not as nice or better than the beaches in the caribbean.

For young children, the water park Baku is 5 minutes walk from the hotel and a good day out.

The hotel entertainment in the evening was great. The staff work so very hard to put on shows in the evening, plus they run activities in the day such as football, tennis, french bowls, water aerobics etc.

All in all, we had a good holiday, and considering it was allocation on arrival, could not complain. We book via Thomas Cook and the reps were great.

Word of warning - there is a cat cafe on the site and a few cats roam around the complex freely - therefore, if you dont like cats, this may not be the place for you

not the best all inclusive stay

by TripAdvisor Member loopilynn

booked with a agent for thomas cooke, but the only actual conection to thomas cooke was the flight! we had no rep entitlement, although, the rep there was a lovely guy who helped us with our problems anyway.
this hotel has, up until recenltly, been a self-catering hotel. . . . and it shows! the staf were quite confused as to what all inclusive entitled the guests to recieve. some of them let the kids have ice pops. . . some of them would not. some served coctails...some did not. we got fed up of sorting it out. as we had 5 kids with us!!!
the hotel was very clean. the apartments were very basic, a bit like butlins chalets, but nicer.
the pools were luvly all three of them, but a bit salty! the kids loved them.
the entertainment staff were lovely, but scarce. claire, from burnley (near manchester) did a fantastic job most nights entertaining to kids with songs and dances, aided and abetted only by the d.j. some of the shows were really funny. so well done to them.
we arrived at the hotel at 10 at night, did not get the rooms we requested, even though we had phoned the hotel previously and faxed the request through as asked to do by the receptionist. ok these things happen, not the end of the world. but when we got to our two ajoining apartments, (8 of us, 4 to each) we had no sheets, pillows or pillow cases for one of the rooms. it took 4 trips to reception and 4 hours to get this sorted. and then only by my waiting in reception and carrying the bloody things all the way back to the room myself!!!!!!
yes this is only a 3* hotel, but 4 hours to get a few sheets!!!! come on! bearing in mind that we had 5 kids with us. . . . all really tired from the journey, this was a bit much!
the food was ok. not as good as we had hoped, but edible. one of the kids is a vegatarian, and would only eat chips and cheese for a couple of nights, plenty of salads and fruit available though. we asked, one morning if it would be possible to cook her a fried egg, as she couldn't eat the scrambled egg on offer. the answer was no!
the staff would not put themselves out at all we found. the other guests were not impressed either. a lot of moaning was going on.
however, this was early days on the all inclusive front, and i feel that as the staff get used to it, they will only get better.
i would not be put off going to this hotel, as overall it was a nice holiday. very close to the water park, and animal park. not far from the main town and a short bus ride from the beach. don't forget if you go out for the day, you can get packed lunches provided, a bit basic, but free.
hope you enjoy your stay.
best wishes from lynn +5 grandchildren, cousin anne and daughter joanne x

Nice property, average all inclusive

by TripAdvisor Member spikey64

I stayed here with my husband and son aged 2 and half we had a really nice time
* the location is brilliant walking distance to beach/harbour etc
* the hotel itself is lovely loads of space round the pools, plenty of beds very scenic
* the rooms are huge we had the top floor so ceilings were really high and bright, balcony is massive and we had the sun on an afternoon, perfect for sunbathing while the little one had a nap!!!
* the food was ok, got a bit boring by the end of the week but done the job, the holiday was cheap enough for us to eat out sometimes too if wed stayed for 2 weeks but a week was fine in the hotel, we had breakfast out twice just for the english bacon, sausage etc. evening meals were pasta, meat dishes, fish and salad etc
* the entertainment was a bit basic but i didnt expect much for a 3 * hotel, the staff were very friendly and tried their best my little one loved the mini disco, he didnt use the mini club during day but there was always something going on for them
* the drinks were ok apart from you got them in tiny little cups so had to keep going back all the time and also the queue at the bar got quite long during the evening and you were only allowed 4 drinks at a time

all in all a nice property with good standards, it was our first time all inclusive and wouldnt rush to do it as our main hol but as it was our 2nd hol it done the job

Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member dougal24

Great Holiday. we went just the two of us meet some great people from scotland and also up north. The food was ok the drink was fine my husband can second that he drank enough. Rooms were very spacious could do with some air conditioning in them but all was ok. Room kept very clean and tidy. Pool area very clean and tidy if only the hoilday makers would put there own rubbish in the bin it would be much better. The que of a night time for drinks was rather long would have hated to been there in the high season. Great Time well done to all the staff they made it a great holiday as well as all the people that we meet.

chips, chips and more chips!!!

by TripAdvisor Member rachel83

My husband and I went here for a weeks holiday all inclusive after reading the other great reviews. We arrived at the hotel and it was lovely the pool area was excellent and very very clean, the appartment was very large with a big bedroom and seperate lounge area and a very large balcony. The bathroom was also very big with sink, toilet, bath with shower over. We felt the only thing to let the hotel down was the food. After using the sink in the bathroom there was an awful smell which were the drains we complained and they did something which did not work then after complaining again they tried something else which worked for a few days then the smell returned but we gave up on complaining as some of the outside drains smelled too so we assumed whatever they did probably wouldn't shift it so we had a bit of a drain smell in the bathroom.
Everything there was very very clean and everyone were very friendly and helpful and the range of drinks in the all inclusive package was very good too. The pool area was very quiet along with the rest of the hotel which was very peaceful and relaxing. There was a childrens club with music but it did not disturb sunbathing in the slightest. The nightime entertainment wasn't great and the nights we stayed in the hotel to eat and stay at the entertainment we either opted for and early night or card games which were far better than the kids mini disco or snake man!! People who were there for 2 weeks said the entertainment didn't change for the previous week but this could maybe have been as it was winter season.
It really just was the food that was the problem. The breakfast was ok fried breakfast and cereal etc but the lunch and dinner were usually the same or very similar and there was always chips the other food left alot to be desired it was tasteless and i will never understand how a chef only manage to cook rice properly on 1 day out of 7!! the rest of the time it was more like rice pudding!! We eat out 4 of the days as we certainly couldn't have eaten the same horrible food every day and needless to say we are well off chips!!
The restaurants in the main street were very good esp a restaurant in the music square called flambee. Music square was well worth a visit as there is live spanish music outside surrounded by restaurants for all sorts of food tastes and some typically spanish bars which was nice. The Slow boat 2 chineese is worth a visit too there are 5 slow boat chineese restaurants but 2 is the best one.
There were lots of tours advertised and boat trips and snorkelling and a aqua park and motorbike tours we didn't go on any this time but intend to go back to the island and we may stay again in this hotel but definately not all inclusive!! We did go to the market great for jewellry and handbags was only two minute walk from the hotel was ok got some good bargains.
The weather while we were there was between 23 and 25 deg celceius but it did rain twice but don't fear it was only for 5 mins each time then it was back to sunny. The weather can be windy which may have been more so as it was winter but take a cardigan for night as it does cool down but its no where near cold its still very warm the lowest temp at night was 20 deg.
All in all we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again just not all inclusive and we will definately be returning to the area as it was great.

Corralejo

by dennis_wegewijs

"Corralejo"

We stayed her in an all inclusive hotel called Oasis village which was good. The food was not so good but the place was very nic. The village is nice with a lot of shopping opertunities and two small beaches. Not far away from Corralejo ist a huge dune beach which is really nice. You can windsurf and Kite here as well.

Sun rise from the hotel oasis villageSun rise from the hotel oasis village

Comments