JM Palace Puerto Rosario

Hotelsclick.com HostelBookers.com Otel.com

More about Isla de Fuerteventura

Fuerteventura cheeseFuerteventura cheese

Betancuria villageBetancuria village

Fuerteventura  el cotillo  playasFuerteventura el cotillo playas

Front of HotelFront of Hotel

Distance Caleta del Fuste to Corralejo?

by nadalert

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Fuerteventura in December. I found a good deal for a hotel in Caleta del Fuste but I from reading online I found out Corralejo seems to be the biggest town which i would prefer. How much would a taxi be from Caleta to Corralejo?

Thanks in advance!

by cluainmeala

I'm going in November and have been told around €40-45. To hire a little car from moneysupermarket, and perhaps locally, for 7 days is only about £90 all in (except petrol) so it may be cheaper for you to hire a car for a couple of days - and then you can get around more.

Hope this helps.

by nehphets

Corralejo is bigger but in December it is quiet i have been twice in December the second time i hired a car,the roads are easy to drive on, be careful when you book a car the one i used gave a full tank on collection and charged a higher price and no refund if you brought it back with a half tank .

by carolondon

sorry to hijack your post, but i saw that one of the people who answered you had been to fuerteventura in December, I am considering it and wondered what kind of temperatures we could expect... 20 degrees celcius? higher? Lower?

by nehphets

It was about 18-20 just nice, somedays a bit overcast would defo go back at that time of year.
Cheers

Travel Tips for Isla de Fuerteventura

Biking

by wroclawiak

Whatever your level, beginner or expert, there is a wide range of off-road routes on Fuerteventura. If you are in search of steep trails and wild off-road routes you can find here. I visited Fuerteventura in Jenuary and February and the weather was not too hot for biking. There are some places where you can rental a bike. The price is 7€ for one day or 18 € for three days. You can rent a bike in Corralejo, Castillo and Janida, Costa Calma, Los Gorriones.

www.fuertebike.com

Haggle

by ak47uk

Wether you are buying a camera or a camel always haggle the price. For example tell them your best price and go from there if you walk out the shop and they dont come after you then you know the last price you said is too low. You can pick up some good bargains if you are prepaired to stand your ground, sometimes you can bargain for an hour and come out with nothing, so keep cool and show them who is the boss.

Ryan Air

by aniasmith

BE aware that if flying with Ryan u will be charhed of every kg above limit!! I never seen in my life such a long line to Ryan air cash desk. And the other tip there is no place to check ur luggage :(

Vulcano biking (mountainbike rental, Corralejo)

by cadja

Most charter hotels have their own bike rental service, but I found this one the cheapest as well as the most service minded.

Run by a german and located just off the main street.

God prices (6 euros a day, 15 euros for 3 days) including pump, service pack and helmet (if asked for it).

Dirt tracks and a mountain pass

by d_mac

My curiosity led me to a tiny collection of houses built from flotsam, a "village" called called Cofete. It's in the far south western reaches of the island. I felt very much like an alien from another planet here: I do wonder what these villagers make (or even know) of the outside world. Unfortunately my Spanish wasn't up to finding that out.

To reach Cofete you must drive along what is really no more than a dirt track for something like 10 or 12 kms, but it feels more like 50kms! I'd suggest letting someone know where you're going in case you get stranded. I don't think hire car insurance covers this sort of journey, and I sure as Hell have no idea how a recovery truck would get out there, so you HAVE been warned. However, the view from the mountain pass up the south west coast is magnificent. So is the force of the wind: I had serious doubts about getting the driver's door of my car open again after the wind shut it behind me.

At Cofete itself there is a small cafe, a small windmill / generator, and the flotsam houses. There's also supposed to be a very long, deserted beach which I didn't actually get to see except from the distant mountain pass. I'm seriously wondering whether to try that journey again, or perhaps I shouldn't press my luck having been there and back once already without mishap.

Maybe I'll wait till I stay in Jandia before trying this again - if you're staying there it might make a good day out for mountain biking, assuming you're fit enough!

Comments