3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

More about Beverly Park Hotel

Lovely sea view!

by TripAdvisor Member DarrenandNicky

We have come back from Hotel Beverly Park this morning and wanted to add a review straight away due to the varying previous reviews. The hotel is lovely, it is very clean and has plenty of faciities. The rooms were cleaned and changed every day and the majority of the staff were most helpful and friendly. The food was more than acceptable, there was something for everyone. The evening entertainment wasn't great but ok. There are 3 pools, 2 jacuzzi's and a games room, plus plenty for the kids to do as well. We asked for a sea view and got one, well worth a request otherwise you could be looking over a motorway!

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member StaffsExplorer

Stayed At Hotel Beverly Park From 12th March to 26th March 2007.

After reading many reviews on this and other websites regarding ‘Hotel Beverly Park’, my thoughts were mixed and I was left none-the-wiser as to what to expect from my stay at the hotel.

Due to my original hotel being over-booked, and not being informed of this until 3 days prior to my departure for Gran Canaria, I had to either cancel the holiday or accept an alternative. Obviously I chose the latter, with a free upgrade to half-board too!

On arrival to the hotel I was a little shocked at how close it was to the dual carriage way but this proved not to be a problem. I was very impressed with the reception area and the well-spoken English of the lady on reception that day. Most of the staff speak very little English and this can prove problematic so I would advise that you look for this lady!

I had requested a sea-view, pool-view and high-floor room to accommodate for the bad reviews I had read. I would definitely recommend these options as the only real noise I heard was the snoring of neighbouring residents. This was annoying, but compensated by the relaxing rustling of the waves of the sea.

The maid service and over-all cleanliness of the room was excellent, as were the waiting-on staff. There was a large variety of food each breakfast and evening meal, of an excellent standard, catering for all countries and tastes and I suppose did appear repetitive after the first week, but this was expected really.

There were 3 nicely-sized pools; 2 cold and 1 heated at a nice temperature, 2 outdoor Jacuzzis and plenty of ‘sun-beds’ to accommodate practically everyone staying at the hotel. The pool-side bar staff were a little grumpy and, as I had read, the prices of the drinks at the hotel were very expensive in comparison to prices elsewhere (bars, stores, etc.). However, taxi-fares are cheap enough, so a nice stroll to the surrounding bars and centres (Kasbah And The Irish Centre) after dinner, a few drinks, and a swift taxi-ride back to the hotel was a perfectly acceptable alternative. The evening entertainment at the hotel was certainly more orientated towards the older, Spanish tourists and they hardly catered for us Brits but this could be expected from a Spanish hotel. So unless you’re into a little light dancing with ‘Pedro’ tinkling on his piano for the majority of the night, I would suggest you venture elsewhere after 9pm.

The hotel is situated virtually right on the beach. Though only a shingle-beach, there was enough room and sand to keep every generation happy and it’s only 2 minutes walk from the back gate. San Agustin’s beach is about 10 minutes walk to the left of the back gate, and the Maspalomas sand-dunes are only about 15 minutes walk to the right side.

The local ‘Tropical Centre’ has few bars and shops and though this may be adequate for some, a 20 minute walk will see you into some of the larger centres.

Overall the weather was very sunny, averaging around 24 - 30 degrees everyday with some cloud around from time to time. This hotel is a great place to stay if you’re after a chilled-out day by the pool, a half-board accommodation, and are planning to go out in the evenings!

I would consider returning to the Beverly Park Hotel In The future.

We had a great time!

by TripAdvisor Member charlotte2811

Myself and my boyfriend ( 25 & 26 ) have just come back from the beverly park hotel. The rooms are basic but lovely and clean, fresh towels everyday etc. Facilities at the hotel are good, we played tennis a few times and my boyfriend participated in some of the organised entertainment. Food was ok, we started to venture out towards the end of the week as we got a bit bored of the food. We decided to upgrade to all inlcusive whilst we were there as it was only 16 euros each and we would easily have spent that on just alcohol!!! One thing I was a bit disappointed with was that two of the three pools wernt heated and then on the last couple of days the heating in the third pool had been switched off so all three pools were freezing. Evening entertainment was not really aimed at the younger audience so we went out most nights and id recommend the irish bars in the kasbah, the irish tavern and molly malones the staff there are great. But all in all we had a great time.

Very Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member sacha520

My friend and I returned from this holiday upset and disappointed. We had booked an all inclusive holiday at the Beverly Park Hotel. When we first arrived around 9pm we requested food knowing there was supposed to be a snack bar until 1am. The waiter was rude and advised us there was no food and directed us to an italian restaurant across the road from the hotel. We found the staff made us feel like an inconvenience as we were all inclusive. We only eat in the dining room on a few occasions as the food was terrible. I would say the within the hotel the decor could be upgraded. There was no disco as advertised. This all resulted in us complaining to the rep and also bringing it to the attention of the hotel Manager. We both travel abroad on a regular basis and work within the hospitality trade and this is the first time we have ever found the need to complain. On a positive note we found the garden and pool area to be immaculate and the maid service excellent.

Not 2 Bad

by TripAdvisor Member babyboo1390

Syated at Beverly Park June 23rd for 2weeks, Half board. Hotel was ok overall, rooms were basic but clean. The pools were great, although it got a bit rowdy by the main 2 in the day. Food was ok, different things every nite. Puddings were very plain, tend to be the same every nite. Half board was just right for us. Resturant staff were not very friendly and non understood a word of english apart from 2male staff.

Spanish didnt seem to be very nice, were very rude and tend to
''jump the ques'' alot. Not alot around the hotel, quite a walk to the shopping centre up steep steps which wasnt good to climb in the heat. The beach nearest the hotel wasnt good, pebbles!! Although there was a nice sandy one about half hour walk away. Wouldnt recommend staying here for 2weeks, it seemed to last forever and got a little boring after a while.

Satisfied

by TripAdvisor Member RobertVPrague

Me and my bf (28+29)were in this hotel from 7th till 14 th of April 2007 and I have to say we were really satisfied.
Location is nice, not so far to the center, taxi is cheap, prox. 4 euros. Staff was ok, english speaking.
The other guests mostly german/english speaking, mostly older around 40-50, but there were younger people too.
Hotel has 3* and it´s corresponding, nice reception, room was simple and cleaned every day. I recommend sea view, the other rooms have view to road...
We had half board and it was enough, bcs we wanted to spent every day in a different places and not to stay all day in hotel. The food was good, but after few days we wanted to try something else.
Outside area was nice and clean too, lot of sunbeds, pools were cleaned every day.
In a few words...it is good proportion between money you give and vallue you get
sorry for my english...:)

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member formerleedsfan

We have just retured back from Beverley Park and after reading some reviews we didn't really know what to expect. We were pleasantly suprised with the helpfulness of all the staff (they were very friendly with the young children). Every night there was alot of choice (fish, meat etc) and a grill section, where meat was cooked in front of you. For the price I would rate this hotel 10/10. There were many hotels nearby but this in just its appearance alone looked much better. We had a fab time, after looking at previous review the others that rated this lowly must be complete snobs used to 5 star hotels !!!

Fantastic Holiday!!!

by TripAdvisor Member k2urner

I have been to Gran Canaria a few times and love the island but i have had a few bad experiences with Hotels. So as you can imagine when i booked the Beverley park i was a little dubious. On arrival i was very impressed with the exterior, although the fact it was so close to a main road raised some concerns.... but this was not an issue at all. The hotel is at the end of a long drive so you are set back off the road and to be honest its quite handy because the bus stops right outside and can take you to most places.
I went with my husband and son who at the time was nearly 2. Directly opposite the hotel there was a small shingle beach but about 200 yards left of the hotel you`ll find a lovely sandy beach with rock pools. But if you want amazing!!! Nothing compared to the sand dunes in Maspalomas, probably a 15 min walk. We walk there nearly every other day, and even thought you had to tackle quite a few steps it was absolutely worth it!! Plus we stayed at the Beverley Park all Inclusive so the walking didn`t make us feel so bad about stuffing our faces.
The food was gorgeous and the variety was amazing. Staff were lovely and always entertained our son whilst we ate our meals. If the restaurant is a little formal for lunch the pool bar serves food throughout the day and the food is lovely.
The rooms are a lovely size and i would definately recommend booking a sea view, oh my god the view is beautiful.
I highly recommend a visit to the aqua park which the hotel can arrange, also you would be crazy not to visit Puerto de Mogan, its the most beautiful place. I was 22 and my husband 28 when we took this holiday and theres such a mix... Lively but yet so relaxed, beach life but lots of beautiful towns to visit and if your a shop a holic like me jump on the bus outside the hotel and for about 2 euros go to the shopping center...! Wow some great bargains to be found!!
We are due to return to Beverley park in 4 weeks and i cant wait!! Hope you find this useful. x

OK

by TripAdvisor Member fhm

We found the rooms very dated, although bathroom was clean and shower was good. As all the other reviews, bar staff were not in the least bit friendly, were not very impressed with children overall. Only 1 guy at the restaurant was polite. We were also asked (nearly every other day) did we really need a table for 6 !!! (there were 5 of us) and the place was only half full ! Food wasn't great but OK, we only had Half Board and this was enough for us. We found the beach easy to get to but we had to pay for the sunbeds. Steep hill / steps to get to any shops or bars. I think my nephew counted 80 or something like that.. they are big wide steps, but still a struggle in 90 degree heat ! I would not recommend this hotel albeit we had a pleasant stay for a week.

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member hayleysmithy

Me (20) and my boyfriend Chris (24) arrived here on July 7th 07. The room was preety basic but nice & clean, & cleaners came in every day to make beds and leave fresh towels - which was great. Rooms have air con which you definately need if going at this time of year. Each floor has a drinks machine which sell cans of lager, (which is mint if u come home early hours like we did and want to carry it on!) The weather the whole time we were there was brilliant, red hot every day. The snack bar at the pool did toasties, burgers, hot dogs etc which were all in if u are going all inclusive, as are all soft drinks and alcoholic and they even have ice lollys to which was good. The pool area was nice and clean. The hotel entertainment on night mostly catered for the spanish as the majority in this hotel were spanish. This didnt matter to us as we went out every nite.
The beach is 2mins behind the hotel, but if u walk a further 20mins you come to the busier beach with all the watersports etc, if u do walk to this beach please be aware of the black women, they will come up to you and ask you where u are from, and before u know it u have a friendship bracelt on your wrist and they try and take money off you - be warned!!
All in all a nice hotel, would go back. The only thing disapointed with was that all 4 pool tables the whole time we were there were out of order - i complained tho.
Back at work now & back to reality.

Comments