Eugenia Victoria Hotel

Hotel Eugenia Victoria
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Eugenia Victoria Hotel

We stayed in a hotel called...

by Wenasje

We stayed in a hotel called 'Eugenia Victoria'.
I think this was the last time that I actually stayed in big, touristy hotel of this kind. This is not because of a bad experience in this hotel though. It's just that when I started to travel on my own I came to prefer smaller budget hostels/pensions or B&B's. Or the complete opposite of this: the top luxury *****hotels. Anyway, in its segment this hotel was very ejoyable. What I really liked was the hotel swimming pool. And my fondest memory was of Buddy. He was the entertainer (animator) in the hotel and he had to organise all sorts of silly games and stuff. (I really dislike those games now, but at the time it was fun. Hey, I was 14. What can I say?) Buddy was a Filipino guy who could speak about 6 languages and who was alwaysin for a good laugh.

....Superb hotel. Ideal location...will def visit again.

by TripAdvisor Member littleherb1985

Me and my partner (both 21, english )went for 7 nights, and despite all the negative reviews we read before leaving, we found the hotel to be clean, friendly, and a complete bargain for what we paid.

The staff ALL spoke at least 3 languages, were all polite and some a right giiggle to chat with.

Rooms, were large, cleaned every other day and the swimming pool views were fantastic. No air con, but we made up for this by dragging the matress onto the balcony and kipping there a few nights....romantic considering!!! We stayed in june/julys heat wave (42+c) and it was still bearable in the rooms. The cool tile floors were ideal for my british sunburn.

Ideal loctation, 10 min walk to beach, 10 min walk to any where really. Whichever direction you walked you would reach something to do within a ten minute stroll. Jumba centre a must....gay capital of the world apprently..however evryone was sooooo freindly. Oooh, the chinease buffet in the jumba centre (the one where you can sit outside) was fantastic....5euros for as much as you can eat. GORGEOUS!!!

The Playa de ingles beach was lovely too. Local shopping and the weekly market was superb.

I would def stay in the Eugenia victoria again. Only one fault i have with the hotel....the food wasnt the best. But there are some fantastic local restaranuts to make up for that.

BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member perthprincess28

Excellent value for money we went 1 weeks all inclusive and it was great. available was the normal local wines and spirits plus thers was cocktails and brand name spirits like smirnoff and the bar staff were very nice. Theres a large restaurant which had a wide selection of hot meals ,salads,cheeses and puddings. Outside there were 2 bars 1 pool bar that served drinks and the usual snack and the terrace bar which i would recomend for lunch which serverd great meal with table service. There was the indoor bar open with entertainment at night which wasnt too bad maybe geared up for the dutch a bit but they done their best and the terrace bar with a guitar player or something usually on. There are lots of Dutch staying in the hotel more than british but i will say i probable will go back as its a great hotel and only 10min walk to the yumbo,kasbah and metro ect.

no english

by TripAdvisor Member micky39

went with my 2 sons (18;14) and my mum which was a present from her for my 40th i found the hotel brill food was ok but mainly catered for the dutch and germans pool was fantastic but not much to do for the kids yumbo and kasbah were good loads of restarants to choose from and very friendly entertainment was not for english i found there was only 3 english couples staying in hotel i felt out of place as the germans were all staring alot and were very arragant also you had to be up pretty early to grab a sun lounger as they would get up as early as 5am to get there towel on there i would not reccomend the english to stay there but i would reccomend playa as night life is brill and there are plenty more hotels to choose from and beach is great i would defo go back there but not the eugenia hotel well not until they get more english visitors dutch and german please go elsewhere

Good value hotel

by TripAdvisor Member stakir1262

We have no regrets booking this hotel and would go back again next year!

There was 6 of us occupying 3 rooms and nobody had any complaints , from check in to check out we had a happy time.

We had booked half board but thanks to reading reviews upgraded to all inclusive at €15 per day each - what a bargain as we got our moneys worth in beer alone! and you also get international spirits in AI which is unusual The food was superb, breakfast was varied and at lunchtime you could either go to the buffet or to the terrace bar and get a pizza or a steak on a hot stone and cook it to your own preference. The evening meal was buffet with a special from different countries each evening along with fish or meat and salads, you would have to be incredibly fussy to go hungry.

The rooms are perfectly fine, basic but clean, my sister - in law and myself were given softer mattresses on request and the ceiling fan came in handy at night. The room was cleaned daily
with fresh towels when we wanted them.

There is the usual towels on sunbeds and i could not believe people out in the dark claiming their bed but you know "when in Rome" we just done the same, whoever was up first went out with towels.

We found the staff very friendly and the bar staff in particular, they work long days turning there hands to everything but still always managed a smile. The entertainment at night was popular you had a choice of outside or in we usually went outside as it was cooler even though it was very German and Dutch orientated it was all very jolly !

All in all we loved this hotel and would go back again!

go back tomorrow

by TripAdvisor Member 130201

We could not fault this hotel,spotless not a cockroach in sight!
We were all-inclusive, the food was excellent with good choices at all meals and show cooking at each meal.
The grounds are lovely with loads of beds, very peaceful if you want to chill.
The entertainment team worked hard and did a good job.
Yes there were a lot of Germans and Dutch there but we went to relax not spend our holidays chatting and going out.
If you want good location,food and a relaxing time this is the hotel.
We will be back!

Make sure you try the Wellness Centre

by TripAdvisor Member countrygirljf

I spent a week at the hotel at the end of February and although I had a good holiday the hotel let me down in several areas. On arrival as a single lady they placed me in a groundfloor room with the only entrance out onto the public walkway to and from the outside bars which made me feel a bit vunerable and with 1 wall backing onto the area for evening entertainment so would have been noisy later in the day. I asked to change room which they did without a problem. The meals at the hotel were fine but generally catered for the german and dutch people. There was always plenty of food and you could just eat as much as you wanted. Mealtimes were a bit of a scrum but I just learned over the week to get in early for breakfast and dinner. Breakfasts were wonderful including the cheeses,hams, breads, eggs, cooked breakfasts, fresh fruit and pastries and pancakes and wonderful freshly squeezed orange juice which you watched them produce.

Dinner consisted of choice of lots of salads, hot choices of meats such as casseroles but also did griddled fish and meats which were very nice. Puddings mainly consisted of Fresh Fruit, cheese ,delicious ice creams and a chocolate fountain.

The hotel itself felt a little dated and in need of some touching up but the bedroom was clean. The rooms all face the swimming pool area and have the bedrooms furthest away from the window with a big wardrobe section which blocks some of the noise from the bar . I found the outside entertainment in the evening did create a lot of noise but stopped about midnight each night (what it will be like in the summer with the younger crwod I dont know. The music was very dated and I dont know how many times I heard Una Paloma Blanca over the week ! As a single person I found the German and Dutch guests on the whole very unfriendly. Whether this was because I was by myself or because I was English I dont know.

The evening entertainment was also not very inspiring ranging from acrobats to bingo to karaoke. The one good thing was the offered a 2 for the price one happy hour between 20.00 -21.00.
There is the usual problem of towels appearing on the pool chairs before breakfast but the pool area was very nice and there is a small pool area for children
The thing I must rave about the hotel is the excellent wellness spa. I had a wonderful spa afternoon having a mud wrap and massage with a wonderful member of staff . The is various rooms including saunas and a colour relaxation room. The two pool area's all have small buttons just under the surface of the water which gives you different types of spa effects. I went twice into the centre while I was here and I would go back to the hotel if only to use the Spa facilities.

The hotel is only about 10 -15 minutes walk from the beach but there is a very good bus service down to beach every hour until 17.00 although you need to remember it doesnt run over lunchtime. On the whole it was a nice experience and as long as you are aware of what you are going to you will be fine.

quit the whinging its a fab place

by TripAdvisor Member joshNorthernIreland

have just returned after a seven night stay half board. i cant belive any one who couldnt get some some thing to eat at any meal sitting. great variety and loads of it. soup, salads, hot meats, veg, rice, potatoes, deserts etc always replinshed quickly, all the staff very pleasent and well groomed. i have never seen cleaners work so hard in any hotel. special thanks to all the staff in drago bar. bed rooms large. only fault i could say would be if you stayed during the summer months the bedrooms would be quite hot, no air con. excellent free bus service to beach.

suits an older visitor

by TripAdvisor Member magsB

My husband and I have just returned from 7 days at this hotel. It is a very good hotel but I don't think I would like to stay any longer. While we were there we felt like teenagers because the average age of the visitors was at least 65 or 70.
It is in a very good position in the resort if you like to walk like us. It is a short walk from the dunes and the whole resort is close by. There are shops and restaurants next door.
The hotel is spotlessly clean and very well maintained. The breakfast was excellent but dinner was a bit boring. It is edible and there is plenty of choice but you have to set your own table, bring over your own wine, cutlery, napkins etc. The table cloths are not changed after every diner, I don't think they are even changed every day. This was a little disappointing. We watched the staff in the evening as we were usually one of the last to leave. We like to eat later and the latest you can eat is really 8.15 because they start to clear away at 8.45.
Although there is no airconditioning this was not a problem because there is a lovely breeze. Don't know if it would be a problem in the summer months.
The entertainment at night is naff!!!. The hotel seems to be full of German and Dutch visitors but this was not a problem and we spoke to quite a few of them at the bar.
The resort is really good. We walked to Maspalomas and back quite a few times. The walk along the promenade is very good. There are lots of excellent restaurants to eat as well. We will go back to Gran Canaria but not this hotel, however I would recommend it if you have already booked it. We will try Maspalomas next time.

Don't go to this hotel unless your older or german!

by TripAdvisor Member JasmineFairy

We paid an absolute fortune to stay here and would never go back. My mother and i went over and were put in a groundfloor bungalow that wasn't even joined to the hotel!! we were beside a hude genarator than made so much noise we couldn't sleep and when we asked to change rooms the next day they were very rude and wouldn't give us a room until we told them there was no way we were spending another night in that room. Did i mention the HUGE (and i'm not exaggerating) cockroach we found in that room? when we were moved we still found the hotel very noisy until all hours and hae been put of ever going back there again.The place was 95% germans which we were never told about and not being racist but we found the majority of them very very rude. I know this is very negative but we spent alot of hard earned money to go here and were told we would have an enjoyable relaxing stay which we didn't.

DON'T STAY HERE UNLESS YOU ARE OLDER, GERMAN AND ENJOY LATE NIGHTS!

Ermita S. Telmo chapel on the square/park.Ermita S. Telmo chapel on the square/park.

At the park.At the park.

A building in Las Palmas.A building in Las Palmas.

El Corte Inglés.El Corte Inglés.

weather

by alicekate

hi there,
I am thinking about going to Las Palmas for a week or 2 at the end of January, because I want a beach holiday. What is the weather like then, will it be hot enough to lounge and swim and surf? Im Australian but living in the Netherlands, and I want a real break from the cold, but fairly close..? it looks beautiful! but will it be what i want?
thanks!
alice

Re: weather

by Pijlmans

Hi Alice,

I was at Gran Canaria with my girlfriend this year in the beginning of January. We stayed in Playa del Ingles but traveled all over the island. The water temperature was pretty cold, but still ok enough for me to swim a bit once in a while, but my girlfriend couldn't stand the cold. Shouldn't be a problem for a tough Aussie like yourself??

The beaches were quite windy though, the Canary Islands are known for the wind. Sometimes it felt like we got sandblasted...

Besides the beaches, we did some great hikes on the island, really worth the effort. We used the Deltas Wandelgids (hiking guide) Gran Canaria. If you've lived long enough in the Netherlands to learn Dutch, you might be able to use it as well! If you are interested, you can read about our hikes here: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/6117e/41125/. Tip: rent a car and explore the island...

Enjoy your holiday!
Dennis

Canaries

by petrie3006

hi Alice , yes the weather is fine but there is a constant warm wind which can be strong, we just got back on the 13 12 2007 and had a week there, which was nice and we got brown so ...:-)was about 25oc on average through the day and cooler in the evenings. swimming is ok bit chilly at first but after 2 mins you forget it (believe me im a wimp)anyway enjoy bye leslie

Comments