Urb. Matagorda, Puerto Del Carmen, 35510, Spain
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Beatriz Playa & Spa

Barcelo la Galea - Paseo...

by Herttuli

Barcelo la Galea - Paseo Maritimo, s/n - Costa Teguise, Lanzarote.
Aparthotel rated 3 keys, located on Costa Teguise directly by a golden sand beach, 14km from the airport.

Occidental Teguise Playa - Avda del Jablillo, s/n - Costa Teguise, Lanzarote.
Hotel rated 4 star, located on Costa Teguise directly by a golden sand beach, 14km from the airport.

Beatriz Costa Teguise - C/. Atalaya, 3 - Costa Teguise, Lanzarote.
Hotel rated 4 star, located on Costa Teguise, 14km from the airport.

Beatriz Playa - C/. Matos, s/n - Matagorda, Lanzarote.
Hotel rated 4 star, located on Matagorda directly by a sand beach, 14km from the airport.

Residencia Golf y Mar - C/. de las Piteras, 6 - Costa Teguise, Lanzarote.
Small - very private - Aparthotel in the quiet part of Costa Teguise with outstanding views. Just 2 km from the Golf course. You live in generously equipped Comfort-Apartments.

Aparthotel Morromar - C/. Matos, 13 - Matagorda, Lanzarote.
Only 400 meters from de beach. With Pool-Bar, Cafeteria, theater and 2 pools with a childrens area. The 219 apartments, 24 double apartments and 7 studios are full equipped.

Calimera - Ctra. de Playa Blanca a Faro de Pechiguera - Playa Blanca, Lanzarote.
In our Activhotel at the border of the sea and in a very personal atmosphere we offer you 'ALL INCLUSIVE a la Calimera': From the breakfast buffet to midnight snacks, drinks all day long from 10 a.m. 'till 2 a.m., from tennis, aerobic and sauna to spanish or cooking classes - the choice is yours.

Don't listen to the bad reports

by TripAdvisor Member Jopat

Myself and my husband are just back from a great 1 week holiday at the Beatriz Playa. We have marked this hotel as excellent as it is fantastic value for money. This hotel is to be praised on every level. Reception,bar,entertainmant and maintenance staff were extremely friendly & helpful. The entertainment team work so hard to cater for all ages & really get involved with the people this makes you feel very looked after & always a bit of craic going on. The food was so fresh and well presented I couldn't turn my nose up at anything & I am a fussy eater! The amount of food is shocking, definitely no shortage! The one thing that really amazed and impressed me at this hotel was the level of cleaning and maintenance that was carried out throughout the day EVERY day. For the size of this hotel (which is enormous) there wasn't one single area forgotten about or neglected, even areas that guests don't go into. And I'm sure I'm not alone by saying this is a very important factor of any hotel. Rooms cleaned every day & towels changed. Rooms are very spacious, I don't think the holiday brochures do the rooms any justice as they are alot bigger than the pictures suggest. Overall this hotel has really shocked me as I didn't know what to expect after reading some reviews but you definitely won't be disappointed. Some people pay a little extra than they're used to paying and all of a sudden they're expectations and standards rise higher than their own personal lifestyle & expect to be staying in some kind of palace, then end up coming on here and writing crap reviews on decent hotels... catch yourselves on. Of course this hotel wouldn't meet such expectations but this is in my opinion a good 4* hotel. If your after pure and utter luxury in a palace style hotel go and pay £2,000.00 per person and i'm sure you'll get what your after. But if you want a good standard hotel that is extremely clean and very well run at the money this hotel is charging it is well worth it....Oh yeh don't be put off by reports saying the hotel is very far away from everything, its not! Its only 5 min taxi journey to PDC. I think some of those reviews may have been for the Beatriz Teguise which IS VERY FAR OUT ON ITS OWN!

Could be better

by TripAdvisor Member heaneman

Just back from a nice long week in Lanzarote. We stayed (2 Adults + Kids ) in the Beartiz Playa. Overall the Hotel was slightly above average.
Food = Breakfast poor, Dinner better quality particulary the chef who cooks your Chops/Fish to your liking.
Bars = Quite good entertainment is a bit hit and miss though
Rooms = Very small and no privacy whatsoever. Some serious thought needs to be put into extending this area
Location = Very far away from the action I.e. playa del carmen. Taxi's € 5 e.w. plus tip
hotel should have own service (Payable)
Pools = excellent but bar closes at 4.00 - too early
Matagorda is nice but Mawkish
The Harbour is excellent and Mulligans is quite lively. The Harbour Bar next door has an excellent pint of Guinness.
The Staff in the shops are unbelievable !!!! Could not give a proverbial whether you bought something or not.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Sars1

After reading reviews that the hotel was not of a four star standard i was wary when i arrived. These reviews were totally untrue. The reception staff were friendly beyond the call of duty. Upon checking our passports the lady checking us in realised it was my 21st birthday.
We were given a room with a fabulous sea view and upon returning to the hotel later that evening we found a bottle of champagne and a fresh fruit basket.

The pool area was outstanding with various activities throughout the day to keep both young and old happy.
The pictures of this otel that you will find in any brochure do not do it justice. The interior is breathtaking with 2 waterfalls and menageries on either side of the lobby.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone-i could not fault it.
I look forward to returning

Just the place for a relaxing week

by TripAdvisor Member stevoclare

Yes, there is some noise from aircraft and yes, there are plenty of Spanish people there (it is part of Spain after all!) and no, there isn't lots to do in the resort and the entertainment isn't the best in the world.

On the other hand, I've been to this hotel twice now and have always found the staff to be extremely polite and helpful. I've also never walked away from the dining room thinking that there was nothing that I could eat (and enjoy). The food in my opinion has always been plentiful and of a good quality although I wouldn't necessarily think that of the house wine. I'd be a little concerned that the hotel might dumb-down now that they're starting to do All-Inclusive. Already it's only cardboard containers for drinks by the pool! What next?

While I was there on this occasion the hotel was classed as fully booked yet I had no problem getting a sunbed on any day and it didn't appear to be overcrowded.

Overall, I think this is an excellent hotel for a relaxing week. If you're looking for loads of entertainment you won't get it here. However, it's just a 5 minute journey from the airport to the start of your relaxation. I'll be back again.

Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member Firiesman

We are a young Family of 4. We stayed here for Christmas just gone.

This is the best hotel we have stayed in. Incredibly clean, looks great, Staff are just fantastic. Our two boys had a great time and we had a very relaxing 2 week holiday. The food is amazing.
I would highly recommend going all inclusive, especially if you have kids.

I will be returning this december with both sets of Grandparents.

I just can't recommend it highly enough.

Well done to the Hotel and Fabulous Staff.

Jim Staunton..

Not what we expected

by TripAdvisor Member Ricky02

My husband and I have just returned for a week at this hotel, we have been to Lanzarote 5 times now, so we know the Island fairly well. We have stayed in other hotels in the same area as the Beatriz before, its only a couple of Euros in a taxi and you are in the centre of Puerto Del Carmen.
The hotel itself is very big, with not much atmosphere we found. It was certainly clean enough and the rooms were adequate. The airport is not far away, so there is alot of noise from passing aircraft during the day, which you do actually get used to after a wee while.
We did not like the food at all, and although we were half board, we ate out 6 out of the 7 nights that we were there, there was not a lot of choice and too many people milling about for us to relax.
Also on the 6&7th days of our stay, they proceeded to start building work on the pool area which left the main pool out of use, there was no notice of this, and also no apology made for the constant drilling from 10am to 5pm, which kind of ruins the atmosphere when your trying to relax and enjoy the sunshine.
We would not return to this hotel, overall, it was not of the standard advertised,we still had a fantastic time, because we didn't let the hotel get us down.

not a true picture

by TripAdvisor Member smd5051

We have just returned from the Beatiz Playa and its just not what it says .First of all the staff are not at all freindly and did not even want to speak just a grunt. The food was geared up for the Italian and Spanish. We dont have a problem with any other nation but it would have been nice to be considered .We had a problem with the meat as it just run with blood, well not everyone likes this sort of thing, if you want it cooked more they did not understand so we gave up and ate salad for a week.They have a club where they only speak in every laungage but english so we did have a job undstanding them. They in turn could not understand us so the communication was nil. We spoke to our rep who I might add was brill but there was nothing he could do.The walk to Playa del Carman to the Harbour took about 2 hours so dont be told different we did it 3 times. The hotel is at the end of the runway but we enjoyed watching the planes land and take off. They have a wonderful promonade where you can walk for miles and it really is lovely and clean everywhere. We would go back to the island but never to that hotel again.

more like a three star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Bridgetireland

We stayed in this hotel in November and found it only ok. Although the rooms are very clean - they are quite dated and in need of modernisation. The staff at the pool bar are not friendly at all and the food is terrible. Our room was opposite the entertainment area at night and we had to listen to music every night until at least 12 - which would have bee annoying if you has young kids in bed. You have to pay to rent your towel by the pool, there is no such thing a renting DVD's for one night - you have to do it for seven and you have to pay for the iron and hotel safe - a farce! The area, pool and beach are nice but I dont know how this hotel has been given 4 stars.

2 star not 4star

by TripAdvisor Member ladyboy

this hotel is definatley NOT a 4 star hotel very tired looking decor in need of a lot of matainance. food at the buffet allways cold no matter what time you went for your meal. would not recommend this hotel if you want a holiday. stayed 3may to 17 may 2007

Islas des Lobos off CorallejoIslas des Lobos off Corallejo

view from our front doorview from our front door

ArrecifeArrecife

At Lanzarote's National ParkAt Lanzarote's National Park

Bella Vista Appartments, Puerto del Carmen

by Tarzan&Jane

Has anyone stayed in these appartments and what did you think?

Re: Bella Vista Appartments, Puerto del Carmen

by axwell

I have not stayed there but try this website for reviews
You don't say when you are coming to Lanzarote but they are currently spending circa 45million euros revamping the front in Puerto del Carmen and making the main Avenida de Playas into a one way street. The works have been going on since beginning of November and are due to finish at the end of February.
If you want to check this out try http://discoverlanzarote.com

Comments