Puerto Calero, Puerto Calero, 35570, Spain

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• 1tricky3's Profile Photo

Large hotel with great service

Despite the fact this hotel is like a rabbit warren, once you find your way around it's a great place to be. The rooms are clean and well equipped and all have a terrace/balcony and the sea views from some are an added bonus. The staff, with one or two exceptions mainly in the bars, are exceptional and nothing is too much trouble with the animation team working enthusiastically to ensure your stay is memorable. Slight downside is the evening entertainment which was a little naff at times and when something worth watching came on there's not enough room to sit and watch. Apart from the weather food is probably high on your wish list and it doesn't disappoint in the spacious airy restaurant complete with an outdoor terrace. The selection is good and the sweets section is amazing as is the fruit and on some days a member of staff worked tirelessly preparing fresh 100% fruit drinks from oranges to kiwi. Plenty of staff ensured service was good at all times with plates cleared from tables quickly. The public areas are impressive and as with the rest of the hotel kept spotlessly clean and outdoors the theme continues and peaceful alcoves with plenty of sun-loungers abound. The beauty of a holiday here is that you can do as much or as little as you want in pleasant surroundings being well fed to boot!

Unique Quality: With great grounds and swimming pools this is a place to relax and some take advantage of the well equipped spa. Children are well catered for with a play area and games room.

Directions: Costa Calero is a small,quiet, marina area approx 200 meters down a fairly steep slope from the hotel. Plenty of places to eat and drink with a few shops and very tame ringed doves happy to eat any offerings.

• fbernaus's Profile Photo

The hotel I stayed at

The hotel I stayed at is a 4 star hotel (highest being 5 star in Spain). We opted for an all-inclusive formula, this means you have breakfast, meal and dinner included.

You can also opt for a wide variety of drinkings, snacks and sandwiches. If you want non-national drinkings like foreign beers and whiskeys you have to pay an extra fee, which, I must say, I found a bit overpriced in some cases.

The hotel is almost new, it was open just a year ago, and it's got 3 swimming pools (one of them with salty water), one piano bar, a disco-like saloon for shows, one bar in each swimming pool and a gym (quite good), playing rooms for children, voley-ball court and water-polo facilities.

I must say the food is of superior quality and the service is just as great.

Located at Puerto Calero, you have to drive no more than 30 minutes to reach any point of the island.

Unique Quality: Quality of food is great and the swimming pools are fantastic.

Directions: Puerto Calero, south of Puerto del Carmen, about 15 minutes from the airport. You need a car to reach here.

More about Iberostar Costa Calero

chill out in costa calero

by TripAdvisor Member Elena2205_9

My pals and I always go self catering this time of the year for a quick sunshine fix and a bit of fun, we all got our dates mixed up this year so there was only the two of us so we opted for a hotel half board and somewhere relaxing. I didnt read any reviews until after i booked and I have to say it was a very mixed bag so i was kind of wondering whether we had done the right thing.I had stayed in Iberostar hotels before and never been dissapointed and we were not this time either, the hotel is lovely and all the comments about cleanliness were spot on you couldn't find a speck of dust if you tried, the Reception colleagues were polite and courtious at all times, the grounds and pool area were spot on, the rooms, no problems there either,the only comment i kind of agree with from previous reviews is that the food although plentiful did get a bit boring, that said you could of had a different menu every night it just lacked that i can't wait for dinner feeling. So the hotel costa calero was a good choice and i would stay there again, in terms of locality the marina is fab and you could just sit and watch the world go by every day quite easily, i would imagine at the height of season this place would just be a hive of activity, its very upmarket and i hope it stays that way. so if you want to chill out and imagine what it would be like to own one of those fantastic yachts in the marina, this is the place for you, if you want to party then you need to head 5km up the road to puerto del carmen, one last thing it is a steep hill down to the Marina so you will come back fitter than you went.

The Iberostar hotel in in...

by chrisse_d

The Iberostar hotel in in Punta de Jàndia(isle of fuerteventura).It was a beautiful hotel with a good service and gentle people.There were tree pools and the most important thing:an excellent cocktail bar.The hotels were plenty of Germans and I hated their way of thinking;they offered their drinks in german instead of Spanish!

Playa Blanca Hotel

by lomi about Iberostar Papagayo

Having stayed in plenty of gorgeous hotels, this is one of my favourites in Lanzarote.

My sister and her husband stayed for a week and I went to visit them for the evening and they showed me around. There is a spaciousness everywhere you look, from the reception and bar area to the restaurants and rooms and the landscaping. There are also lovely walks along the coast to nice restaurants.

Their room overlooked the ocean and was spotlessly clean and all the staff appeared friendly.

My only grudge is that these all inclusive hotels are ruining local private businesses, as none of the guests seem to spend money outside of the hotel.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member karen3636

This was our second trip to Costa calero in Lanzarote, we went last easter aswell........and you just can't fault it. We had 2 connecting rooms as we have 3 children aged 7,13 and 16. They love it. the kids club is very good lots of actibvities mini disco in the evening. The older 2 like the water polo ,volleyball and table tennis and pool tables. we found it very relaxing. There are 3 pools all really big/sand area/playground Food very good, always get a sun bed, lovely piano bar where you can get drink before dinner. we went all inclusive and it was well worth it. First time we've ever been back to the same hotel and would return again. the only negative is probably evening entertainment but as long as you've got a drink and the kids are happy its fine !!! Would strongly recommend it.

Fantastic

We have just returned from a week, all inclusive, at the Costa Calero. We went as 2 families of 4 (4 adults, 3 teenagers and a 10 year old) staying in 3 rooms. From the moment we arrived we were impressed, greeted with a soft drink or wine in reception. We have to say that the staff made the holiday, working extremely hard, pleasant and always willing to help, in particular Veronica in the restaurant.
The hotel environment is pleasant, very clean and we would have had to be very picky to find fault with anything. Rooms are cleaned to a high standard and we looked forward each day to see the towel swans, flowers or hearts the maids sometimes created in our rooms.
Food was of a high standard and there was enough variety to try something different each day. None of our 8 person party experienced any tummy problems and the one occasion I felt unwell (from to much sunbathing) the waiter in the restaurant gave me some camomile tea to try and even remembered the following day to ask me if I was feeling any better.
The swimming pools are of a high standard and we tended to use the lower, heated pool and sunbeds. There were plenty sunbeds for everyone and even a facility to loan towels for a small deposit, which is returned, on leaving.
We were so impressed and chilled on our return that we are all looking forward to returning to the island and in particular, the costa calero hotel, in the near future.

Fantastic Holiday

I booked this holiday for myself, sister-in-law and our 4 children. I must say that my sister-in law is so fussy, and can find fault with everything, but we get on well. This is a fantastic hotel. The reception staff were always helpful, one was an angel. Even my sister-in-law could not find anything to complain about. The animation staff worked so hard, night and day. They were fantastic with are children. They had so many things to do. I felt like I had had a holiday which is rare when you have two children under the ages of 6. Plenty of sunbeds at any time of day.
The food was varied and very good,and healthy. We met some lovely people at this hotel. The rooms were very clean, large, we had a lovely sea view. Ive stayed at iberostar hotels all over the world. Not stayed in a bad one yet. The staff do work hard and are friendly.
I would go back to this hotel again, but don't like to go to same place twice. The world is so small.
But were are going to stay in an Iberostar in morocco in july so looking forward to that.You should have a great holiday at this hotel.

Excellent, relaxing hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Traveller_From_Herts

We booked the hotel based on reviews we had read and were not disappointed! The hotel is spotlessly clean and the public areas are well maintained.

We opted to pay a supplement to upgrade from Half Board to All Inclusive (18 Euros per day per person) and this was well worthwhile. We found the food to be of good quality with plenty of choice and good variety (we had everything from beef, lamb and pork through to swordfish, salmon and octopus - even suckling pig on our final evening).

The small marina below the hotel offers a choice of eating places, but as we were All Inclusive we did not sample any.

Comments have been made about the entertainment and we would agree that the external entertainers (usually dance troupes) offered a more professional display than the hotel animation staff. Miming to records and changing into lots of costumes showed commendable enthusiasm but was rather amateurish - it would have been better to organise a disco instead.

The hotel attracts a very mixed clientele with guests from Germany, France, Holland and Spain as well as from the UK and this probably helps to maintain the quality of the food and the service. The hotel is certainly best suited to couples looking for a relaxing holiday, but also caters well for young children.

Based on our experience we would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday in a charming location.

great location - pity about the reception staff!

by TripAdvisor Member polly219

A friend and I checked in for two nights "luxury" after ten days sailing and for a 4* hotel I was a little disappointed. Admittedly the view from the room was great (2nd floor overlooking the pool)and although clean the facilities in the room were very basic - no tea/coffee making facilities for example.

Additionally we were given a disabled room (without being informed) and the showerhead was at waist height and didn't have a holder higher up for able-bodied people! Therefore you couldn't stand underneath it with both hands free.

We were treated with great contempt by the reception staff who were incredibly rude - i.e. you could be waiting to be served and the staff would talk amongst themselves in Spanish (in front of you) and mid-way through your conversation with them they would break off and speak to their colleagues in Spanish. From the gestures and tone one could easily assume that it was about you!

We asked for a late checkout and although we booked 5 rooms in total, there was not any feeling that our casual custom was valued, which is strange as the hotel was only half full. There are showers and lockers behind the pool bar (which we found by accident rather than being informed of by the staff).

We used the buffet and there appeared to be plenty of food with many different choices, however I couldn't comment on the variety for a longer period of time.

It was a nice break after being at sea but I wouldn't want to spend more than a couple of days there as I felt it was over-priced for the service recieved.

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Bobmayer

My wife and I stayed there last year, we liked it that much I am going again 20th april 2006 with a couple of the guys from the gym, and then again three weeks later with my wife to meet up with some friends we met there in 2005. Rooms great, staff great,relaxing and enjoyable, apart from water polo, beach volley ball, rifle shooting, archery,table tennis,boules, chess,pool,and having fun meeting people from different countries, sunbathing, swimming, eating, drinking,relaxing,and enjoying yourself in a gorgeouse hotel, theres not much to do,

Roll on April 20th

Hotel Iberostar Costa CaleroHotel Iberostar Costa Calero

by goodimp58

Anyone have any information about the Iberostar Costa Calero. I am going for a week in January and would be pleased to hear of any useful information about the hotel or the area. Thanks

Re: Iberostar Costa Calero

by chopchi

Go to the Multimadrid.com ste message board and there's avery active member madsue who lives there and I'm sure she'll help you out-she deals w/tourists!

Comments