La Perla

Av De Las Playas 7, Puerto del Carmen, 35510, Spain

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Isla de Lanzarote

Inside a volcanic ventInside a volcanic vent

Lava field & Volcanoes in the southLava field & Volcanoes in the south

Suite at GranSuite at Gran

Lunar like surfaceLunar like surface

Costa Teguise. What is situation with parkings?

by LNata

As vacation comes closer, more questions arose. We are renting car for the vacation. Will stay in aparts close to Playa Bastian (and to aparts with same name). The hotel definitively has no own parking so we will have to find a place for our car somewhere. What is situation with finding parking space there? Google earth shows one parking close to the beach (suspiciously empty) and no parkings along roads!

Here will be our location (on Calle de la Rosa): http://maps.google.de/?ie=UTF8&ll=28.995182,-13.495052&spn=0.006569,0.009677&t=h&z=17

Please, please tell me that I will not need to circle for an hour every day looking for a parking lot!!! I am even ready to rent parking space if it would make my life easier...

by mustertal

When are you going, I will be going there on Sunday (20th) so I will check it out for you. From what I can remember at the bottom of the street nearest to the beach, there is parking.

by Pijlmans

Hello,

When I was there in summer 2006, i stayed quite close to where you'll be staying, at the Avda del Jablillo. We could park easily in some of the more quiet streets behind the main streets...Hopefully that situation has not changed...The main season is a bit over now (i think) so it shouldn't be too busy...

Have fun, we had a great time on this volcanic island!

Cheers,
D.

by LNata

Oh, hope you are having fun already! I will fly to Lanzarote on October 7. Would be very grateful for any news/comments

by LNata

Thanks, hope it will be no problem for us as well.

And hope that this answer will not triplicate itself...

by mustertal

Hi, there is parking at the end of the street no problems, wonderful weather.

by mustertal

It looks like a one way street, the parking is at the bottom of the road, close to the beach.( I just hope it's the right one)!
I only have 3 days left, so enjoy your holiday.

Travel Tips for Isla de Lanzarote

See the Island

by Jinty37

There's lots to see in Lanzarote, so take the time and hire a car if you can.

Away from the main resort there are lovely towns and beaches.

Famara beach on the west coast is great for watching the windsurfers - swimming is discouraged though because of the strong currents.

Papagayo beach in the south is remote, but worth searching out for it's golden sands and clear waters. It's about 15mins away from Playa Blanca.

In the north, the coastal drive takes you through Orzola - a good place to stop for luch in one of the lovely fish restaurants, then up into the mountains for a hair raising but breathtaking drive via the Mirador del Rio and down through the hill town of Haria (valley of 1000 palms - I didn't bother to count them!) I'd never been snorkelling before, but now I'm hooked. There's a little sandy cove near the harbour in Puerto del Carmen where they offer diving tuition. It's a great place for snorkelling and I spent quite alot of time there watching the fishes!!

So much so that my back got sunburnt - be warned!!!

James Del Aqua

by rachel_sun

I also visited the Jameos Del Agua.Cesar Manrique has turned this volcanic feature into a beautiful exotic subterranean water garden.A staircase twists down underground and at the bottom is a restaurant and a dance floor and an underground lake.I found this place beautiful and i could of spent all day here.There is plenty to see and do.At night ,this place becomes a night club. The Jameos is an underground volcanic tunnel.I found this place quite mystical as you could hear birds singing and it was echoing around.It felt cool.There are lots of little paths that lead around rocks and plants out to a beautiful manmade lake.There is a museum up the top which tells you all about volcanoes.I cannot describe the feeling when i first saw the lake.It was simply stunning.I spent about 4 hours here as it was so nice and relaxing.

[what shall I wear?: maybe LAVA BIJOU]

by pikuu

I'm not a jewellery expert. I can only say - from my point of view - that rings, neckleces, earrings, bracelets made from Lanzarote Lava can be great souvenir or gift from your travel to this island. And these things are simply pretty. Absolutely black and porous rock with some holes in it (I suppose they were created by the evaporating water) are original body decoration.

The most bigger choice of lava jewellery you can find in Teguise art-shops. There you can also buy lava bijou mixed with olive (also post-volcanic) material called ... olivin.

And... what for people which are not wearing jewellery? Hmm... it can be difficult... healthy product form aloe, maybe cactus liquer or honey rum, if you like... t-shirt with camels or lizard.

NationalHolidays

by rachel_sun

List of National Holidays

1 January Ano Nuevo(new years day)
6 January Los Reyes(Epiphany)
2 Feb La Candelaria(Candlemas)
19 March San Rose(St Joseph Day)
March/April Pascura(Easter)
1 May Dia del Trabajo(Labour Day)
May/June Corpus Chrisi
25 July Santiago(St James Day)
15 August Asuncion(Assumption)
12 October Hispanidad(Columbus Day)
1 November Todos los Santos(All Saints Day)
6 December Constitution(Constitution Day)
8 December Immacalada Concerption
25 December Navidad(Christmas)

The Lanzarote Flag

by lomi

Each Canary Island has their own flag, Lanzarote's is red and blue.

You sometimes see the Lanzarote flag and the yellow, white and blue flag of the Canaries flying together. Now you now the difference.

Comments